SHOES FOR CREWS Employee Reviews

Unstable Likes to downsize and outsource most jobs
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 23, 2016
Shoes for crews was a great place to work in the beginning. They seemed to care about the employees for the most part. Pay could have been a lot higher for what they want you to do on a daily basis. This a place where they ask you to do jobs that are much higher than what you are hired for but do not want to compensate you for those jobs. They preferred to higher from outside of the company than to promote from within.
Pros
insurance was free but then took that away
Cons
breaks would get canceled when busy
Fun place to work until this compny was sold to investers
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachJune 17, 2015
When I first started working at Shoes For Crews it was a lot of fun and they took very good care of their employees. Then they sold it to investors and tore the company apart. They started laying off people that started with the company and started to down sizing in areas and cut cost to make the bottom line look better. I will always be grateful for Shoes For Crews despite them letting me go for money purposes, because I received a lot of experiences through this company and I learned a lot.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Managers dont care about the employees and the employees have No faith in manangers.
Family owned and operated.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 12, 2015
This was a good company to work for but there was very little training provided. Two bad phone calls and your out. The supervisor I had (which is no longer there) was total hands off. I never knew if what I was doing was right or wrong.
A productive place with hardworking people
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 3, 2015
Shoes For Crews is the industry leader in slip-resistant footwear. I learned the bulk of my knowledge from working in the creative department there. It was a fast-paced place to work with tight deadlines, but the team I worked with made the work enjoyable.
Pros
benefits, end-of-year party, close to down town
Cons
morale took a turn when the company was sold
I enjoyed the busy environment & enjoy helping others.
Customer Service Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 3, 2015
Received from 80 to 100 calls a day. Data Entry, answered specific questions for customers about their accounts. Changed, tracked & took Shoe Orders.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Temp position
hectic but fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 21, 2013
this job is fast paced but also very easy going. I learned alot about this shipping industry( UPS ) thru this company. The managers were pretty good and helpful when needed. the workers their treated everyone equal regardless of pay amount or position. the hardest part of the job was irrate customers due to shipments not arriving on time. i enjoyed working their very much. I would like to see a few changes on how managment handles certain situations but overall satisfied with the experience.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks
Goal oriented work place with energetic employees.
Refund and Exchange Processor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 26, 2014
Very goal oriented company with high expectations. Excellent place to work for. A typical work day would consist of making sure our priorities are taken care of first and for most. Make sure the customer is satisfied with the shoes or any other items they have purchased. I have learned to listen to what the customer needs are and make sure they are met. It is great to work with a highly energetic team that is always willing to push for the best. One of the hardest parts of the job is make sure the job does not get monotonous. I have to make sure that I have a smile on my face especially when on the phone, because as you speak with a happy face the other party will be able to tell how your mood is. I enjoy that part of the job the most.
Pros
we do have some pros such as discounts on shoes.
Cons
the cons are we have short breaks.
Fun place
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJune 12, 2013
The day started off organizing pamphlets for various companies and stamping and collecting mail. I hostly didn't learn much. Working in a mailroom isn't that difficult.Management was fair and coworkers were friendly and helpful. No hard part of the job. Enjoyable part of the job was fulfilling the days requirements.
Pros
one hour lunch
Beautiful office view to downtown West Palm Beach
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 8, 2014
Worked in the Call Center and with that comes all the metrics for job performance evaluations. Constant work schedule changes hence much opportunity for overtime pay.
Pros
good medical benefits
Cons
constant schedule changes
Fun casual enviroment
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 2, 2012
great product, crazy deadlines, but lots of self satisfaction and opportunity to make an impact.
Pros
great benefits and ability to work independently
Cons
heavy seasonal work load and deadline pressure can be stressful

Want to know more about SHOES FOR CREWS?

Ask a question
Very fun and reliable work place.
CSR (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 31, 2012
The company is reliable and a career driven environment.My co workers were very friendly as well and they take time teaching what you must know to succeed.
Pros
great job benefits
productive workplace
Customer Service Representative/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 23, 2012
very busy fun enviornment great learning experience.dealing with all different type of people on the phones and stuff.
N/a
N/A (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 21, 2013
Leaders do not get involved with other departments. No further comments.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
non structure
Fast paced 24 hour call center
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 19, 2014
As a customer service agent I enter shoe orders into the computer, track new orders, returned orders, exchanges and refunds. I solve customer service issues. I answer any and all questions regarding our products and services.

Sometimes I have to communicate with other departments via phone or trouble tickets or transfer the customer to other departments to further assist them.

I am always learning new techniques and procedures in customer service. I have always found the best way to learn to improve my customer service skills is to be the customer with another company.

My managers and co-workers are great. Of course, over the last 5 1/2 years I have been with Shoes For Crews I have seen a lot of people come and go. It is the nature of the business.

I myself do not like changing jobs and typically stay with one company for about 8 - 10 years.

The hardest part of my job is telling a customer that their shoes are out of warranty and cannot be returned for an exchange or refund.

One of my favorite things I do on calls is when I see the general manager is the one calling, I say, "and Mr. Jones, I see that you are the esteemed and honorable general manager". This usually gets a laugh and helps the customer to relax.
Pros
the computer is preprogrammed to make order entry and trouble tickets very quick and easy.
Cons
the company is no longer offering part time shifts which is what i now need.

4.3