Shoneys

Shoneys Employee Reviews

lousy place to work
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee), Austell, GAApril 7, 2015
dishwashers do food prep and food bar work which dishwashers clean bathrooms,parking lots,dirty dishes etc,I came from shoneys in tenn and didnt do any bar/prep duties the bar person did that only. I had to leave the bar duties to clean a toilet in womens bathroom once and go back to bar work and do dishes.I made 9.50 in tenn doing just dish duties but only 7.25 at the austell ga store I observed a server one morning handling her tips and the dishes to be taken to be washed return up front to make a customer toast and didnt wash her hands neither time. I observed the gms daughter so I was told who works there rolling silverware in front while eating chicken,hot sauce and peppers and I thought who does that.Management is very weak,as is the cooks,who cooks for example 7 pieces of fish on a sunday when theres a line at the bar. theres no sence of night prep for the morning and once the gm got mad at us for not having all the spaces filled on the bar when we had everything that was to be put out out there.Its her job to be sure we have the backups.She is a very weak manager.The owner forgot my lady was a gm at shoneys in tenn and said he had contract with ecolab which he has all that cutoff in his store which is a health violation,he buys bleach and dishsoap and pours it into the ecolab buckets to be run in the dishmachine.I could go on but to get to the point,the pay and the operations in that store is not right.even though the got a good score in inspections,that dont mean thier practices and management are correct.I could run that store better and I was just a dishwasher.I know because like I said my lady ran a high volume shoneys for 5 years.
Fun workplace
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee), Hartsville, SCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Very laid back.
Cons: Not enough pay, management is slack, and no kind of insurance or benefits
I would not recommend working at Shoney's. It is fun to work there, but the management has no back bone towards customers or employees. No one ever gets fired for doing things their not supposed to do. The one thing I did like was, if you needed any days off you would get them.
no fun
Bus Boy (Former Employee), Ripley, WVMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
they don't work me long enough on the days I work and don't get a paid vacation no bennifits the co workers are fun to talk to the hardest part is during lunch rush
Great 2nd shift staff and customers.
Night Shift Line Leader (Former Employee), Dillon, SCMarch 14, 2015
Pros: making people happy and wanting to return.
Cons: managers not doing their job, or making others do their's. not being properly compensated for work done.
There were different rules for each shift.
My shift and myself would have to do first shift's uncompleted work and then our work.
My staff worked as a team, did all the work and still managed to leave on time.
Professional and fun Workplace
Front of House Supervisor (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: good food
The people in management make it a fun place to work, and yet are able to keep a professional attitude. The people that are employed there are good at their jobs and are eager to help each other when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers that you meet. They become more than customers, they become friends because we have a great customer return ratio to new customers. Not only do the employees know the customers by name, but the customers know the employees by name as well.
nice customers and clean place.
salad bar attendent (Current Employee), Hillsville, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: nice customers
Cons: no healthcare
a typical day at work was making sure the salad bar was full and very fresh and clean that the customers were happy and enjoyed their meal was good .i carried all the food to the bar in clean pans .
n
Co General Manager (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 8, 2015
Horrible company to work for. Your work is not valued. Shifts can run from 5 am - 11 pm. No benefits. No one good in power positions. Horrible District managers. Whites are valued blacks are not.
BENEFICIAL AND SKILL EXPANDABLITY
Dishwasher/Server (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at Shoney's would be very busy as we were a high volume restaurant. I walk in, clock in and immediately got to work. The management team was great as far as giving direction on what they expected from me as an employee. They taught me a lot of things that I can use for future reference. I work along well with my co-workers and assisted when they fell short. so we basically worked as a team to get the work done. The hardest part was making sure that every dish was clean! It got crazy in such a fast pace environment. overall this was a great learning experience and that was the most enjoyable part!
it was my first real job
Waitress (Former Employee), milledgeville, gaJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: meet new people
Cons: your pay is not enough
waited on person that came in to eat.
I learned to listen well, mind my manners, talk louder then I was used too. My manager was nice. I loved my coworkers they were very nice to me. The hardest part was leaving the job. The most enjoyable part was I got to met new people
awful work area unclean and very immature managment
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Lenoir, NCNovember 28, 2014
typical day included being way overworked witch is not my opinion was the opinion of a health official if a health inspector was spotted through the window we would be rushed to do things that would be considered violations before they came in
Good work, low pay, bad managment
Cook/Crew Member (Former Employee), Crossville, TNNovember 4, 2014
Pros: half off while at work
Cons: management
A typical day at work was pretty straight forward with the orders.
The nightshift manager let the building catch on fire by not pulling the fire suppression system and I was out of work for a couple days. On the day it was reopened was my scheduled day off and the store manager had called and told me I had to be there at 4p.m. that she didn't want to hear any excuses even though I had another job on my scheduled days off. I told her this and she hung up on me so I called back and told her that I thought that was disrespectful and she told me that she didn't care what I thought.....

the most enjoyable part would be the schedule
Shoney's
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee), Waycross, GAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: benefits, bonuses, many friends, knowledge
Cons: not many breaks, long hours, holiday work, weekend work
I really enjoyed my 29 years at Shoney's. I met may friends in a normal day and became in contact with may daily. I learned how to operate a store cost effectively. I worked with some awesome people. The hardest part of the job was making sure people follow through on assigned tasks. The most enjoyable part was being successful and being appreciated by customers. My name spoke for itself since I tried to always put the customer first and fix any complaints within my power. My typical day was included in my job functions.
review
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Taylor, MIOctober 18, 2014
Learned to cook food, slice meats, management was very good with customers and workers, my co-workers became friends, hardest part was sharing a backroom with Starbucks, I loved everything abou the job
fun work place
Waitress (Current Employee), Manning, SCOctober 2, 2014
Pros: my co-workers always help me through my days
Cons: rude customers
My typical day at work consist of taking orders, being friendly with customers, being conversational, nice, pleasant, and most importantly patient.
I have learned how to be more conversational.
management is great.
co-workers I get along with all of them I love my co-workers I am close to them all personally.
the hardest part of my job would probably be being understanding and nice to the rude customers but I always figure it out.
The most enjoyable part of my job would probably be meeting new people.
EXCEPTIONAL PLACE TO WORK
GRILL OPERATOR (Former Employee), Dillon, SCOctober 2, 2014
Pros: two free meal on a 8 hr shift
Cons: no guaranteed break or holiday leave
THE PAY AND RAISE INCREMENTS ARE STANDARD WITH A VACATION CHECK TWICE A YEAR ONE YOU HAVE BEEN THERE A YEAR. NO OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT
Not a bad place to work
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Huntington WVJuly 30, 2014
Its not a bad place to work but there are little chances for advancement and raises in pay
gain experience
Cook (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2014
Shoney's has taught me a lot since I have been there, I'm going on 3 years and I have gained so much experience and knowledge. I am able to perform my duties as a cook under stressful situations or during the rush hours of business. I enjoy being able to prepare the food and get a good response from the customers about my work.
I LOVED MY JOB I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT
Assistant Store Manager dinning room manger server (Former Employee), Dalton, GAJune 10, 2014
Pros: money people
Cons: i had to work 60 to 70 hrs, aweek and i was a single mom they are gone now
THAT WAS THE BEST PLACE I WORKED AT MADE GOD MONEY GOT TO WORK MY SELF UP THE LATTER
job culture
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Tifton, GAFebruary 24, 2014
well it was a great job and i love it but i wasnt getting enough hrs so i found something better
Face work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Madison, TNFebruary 18, 2014
A make do kind of job. Got you thru. Management was more worried on the short term rather than long term. Had a lot of drama throughout the store and employees.

1 2 3