Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP Employee Reviews

Weak Management
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2017
Very stoic and clique-ish work environment. Upper management has allowed bad behavior of long time employees from partners to administrative staff run amok. If you're in the lowest level of the administrative staff, there is no room for advancement. You will be left to fend for yourself. Long time employees are unwilling to share knowledge and are very proprietary about their knowledge.
Pros
Benefits kick in as soon as you start
Shook Hardy & Bacon
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2016
Shook Hardy & Bacon merged in March 2015 with the firm I hired into, Grippo & Elden. The dynamics of the office changed to something I no longer wanted to be a part of.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long commute
Of Counsel (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 23, 2015
Interesting, challenging work and supportive work environment. Good benefits and reasonably good management. Employees treated with trust and respect for the most part.
Great firm to work
Conflicts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 26, 2014
Shook is a great place to work. There is room for advancement, great technology and friendly employees
Environment is all about diversity and providing employees with the necessary tools needed to succeed
Project Assistant - Pharmaceutical Division (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 23, 2013
Typical day at my job includes responding to emails and sending out emails to alert litigation team members to new cases received. I also update databases/spreadsheets to reflect receipt of plaintiff produced documents. The hardest part of my job is probably just trying to keep up with all the new case filings as they are voluminous. I enjoy catching mistakes and bringing them to the attention of the relevant people. Management is great at my current job as there is a great deal of autonomy.
Pros
Free lunch several times a year
Cons
Lack of advancement; compensation
Highly employee oriented, great benefits package
Admin. Asst, Litigation Support Services (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 17, 2013
Very good education and advancement possibilities as well
I learned a lot about the law and how it works at this job
Document Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2013
I worked in the pharmaceutical department, and was assigned a major case which required me to be in a locked secluded room. It was exciting to work at this job, and see how the law functions. It was one of the best jobs I've ever had, and only left to start a family.
Pros
worked with awesome people, learned and was challenged
Too Much Administration
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 24, 2012
Unfortunately, it does not matter how well attorneys rate your job performance or how well you work together. Administration runs the firm and makes all of the decisions regarding your assignments, evaluations, and treatment.
benefits
Cons
too much administration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2