A fast growing gourmet kosher supermarket is looking for new team members. While growing we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service. Now it is time for you to join our team.
Bakery / Deli Clerk
Reports to: Store Managers
- Acknowledge all customers with a friendly smile and is highly responsive to needs and requests.
- Communicate clearly with each customer in a friendly and courteous way.
- Participate in team service to ensure each customer is served quickly.
- Wrap and stock food products, stock supplies.
*Weighs, prices and packages customer selections
*Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Keep work stations neat and clean.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Position requires stand and walk for extended periods of time
*Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures ( coolers,ovens,freezer,outdoors…etc)
*Pull and push carts weighing up to 100lbs may be required.
- Occasional moderate to heavy lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs, bending and reaching overhead may be required.
Requirements & Skills
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
*Effective time management skills
- Follows policies and procedures
- Takes directions well and hits the ground running.
- Maintain food safety standards, including identifying and eliminating health code violations and safety hazards.
- Understand, respect and maintain company policies and procedures.
- Customer service oriented attitude.
This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.