ShopHQ Employee Reviews

good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 7, 2015
working at home, especially during the winter months. Met nice people---great not to have to go out on cold days.
Loved not having to fight traffic.
Learned tolerance and patience, management was great, met a lot of good new people,
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
A very stressful enviornment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green KYFebruary 6, 2015
ShopHQ is a very stressful place to work. It is constant back to back inbound phone calls of customers that haven't received packages or want to know what their payments are. Often times the customers can get irritated because things to do go as quickly as they want.

The job itself isn't hard but their demands on their stats are entirely unreasonable. They want an average of 266 second phone calls or 4.5 minutes. Often time it is so tight that a single call can ruin your AHT for the entire week. Not only that but they were constantly on us about surveys given to customers after phone calls as well as our QA scores. This made it very stressful.

There are very little opportunities for advancement. You can make senior customer service rep and walk the floor helping newbies but otherwise, you're kinda stuck in Customer service when you're there.

They don't accept doctors notes and their sick time only covers time for days you missed and does not prevent points from accruing. Kind of defeats the purpose of it in my opinion.

That being said the people are nice and helpful, most of the time. The company often time bought us pizza and gave us snacks and other little goodies, but over all the environment is too toxic for me.
Pros
helpful people, lots of freebies such as pizza.
Cons
stressful environment, toxic workplace.
ShopHQ in My Opinion
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 31, 2014
I have worked at ShopHQ for six months and received a promotion recently as well as a raise. I like working here and find the work and the coworkers enjoyable. As a Shipping Clerk and a former packer with experience picking, I have experienced mainly the outbound department and the returns department. The work is easy and the hours are guaranteed with lots of mandatory overtime.
Pros
lots of overtime, free pizza and christmas dinner on special occassions and when there is alot of overtime.
Cons
so much overtime there isn't much time for errands and sometimes you only get one day off a week!
Pros & Cons
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 30, 2014
Lots of room for advancement but only if you put the rest of your life on hold.
There's definitely some good people but the rest are unwilling to work hard.
Lots of management changes, mostly for the better, so hopefully things will improve overall slowly.
Fast pace and always changing
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 24, 2014
Typical Day: Balancing tasks, samples, Purchase Orders, communicating with vendors and internal teams, reviewing sales
Learned: Product assortment
Management: Mentor
Co-Workers: Work Friends
Hardest Part of Job: Not having a voice on your category
Enjoyable: Bouncing ideas off of others in the company and watching sales live and being able to react.
ShopHQ as an employer
Visual Product Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 12, 2014
ShopHQ is a great place to work. The departments work cohesively to reach a common goal. They offer competitive pay, and the work environment is very casual.
Pros
co-workers, compensation, exposure to different departments
Cons
very busy, fast-paced, hard to advance career
Very Productive workplace that requires a person who can multitask
Office of the President Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day in the Presidents Office is answering incoming calls from customers who went above the Call Center Supervisor, trying to regain the customers trust by resolving the issues during one call or allowing 2-3 business days for a resolution. Contacting our vendors who sell their products with our company to resolve customer issues and assisting our Customer Service Department by taking incoming customer service calls when needed. The Presidents Office consists of 4 individuals who speak on behalf of the President and Executives of the company.
The most enjoyable part of my job is receiving Kudos from Customers via Facebook, leaving messages with my supervisor or contacting other executives regarding their satisfaction with me. I also enjoy working with my 3 other co workers as we work together to get our tasks done and we trust each other.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with certain customers who will personally attack you but it is also a learning experience. What I have learned from working in the Presidents Office is that you need to be patient, not to let any negative comments affect your performance at work and I have also learned how to multi task.
Pros
acknowledgements from executives, free lunches at times, gift cards, vacation, sick and personal time
Cons
location of company (far from home)
Enjoy working from home
Home Agent Order Capture (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 8, 2013
Review emails to update on changes
Open private chat forum for home agents
Assist customers with ordering a other informatiom
Pros
working from home
Cons
not many hours, pay
Productive and fun work places, great co-workers
Order Capture Representative (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 20, 2013
Good job to have, learned something new everyday, chances for advancement.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
40 miles away from home
Typical Call Center
Order Capture Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 31, 2013
This place is typical call center. The only thing they care about is if you are on the phones or not, everything else doesn't matter to them.

Want to know more about ShopHQ?

Ask a question