ShopKo Employee Reviews in United States

i couldnt wait to get another job!!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJune 24, 2016
on a good day, the managers wouldn't come down to the cash registers but when they were down there all they would do was look at me like I was stupid and they would tell me everything I had done wrong. they also told me that because I was only a cashier I only got 2 days per week. I asked to be trained for a different position and they told me no. coworkers were great, I made friendships, but its not a place to look if you're looking for something part time.
Pros
breaks
Cons
bad enviornment
Rochester Mn South Pharmacy
Pharm Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 14, 2016
Typical day was 4-8 hours long.Promised 32-36 hours a week and ended up working like 16-20 hours a week..
The managing and head pharmacist yelled and ridiculed employees daily.The lead tech and second lead were both over worked and would tell you they had no time to train.No patience from either.Training sucked,never could quite learn what needed to be learned.
If you are a certifed pharm tech please do not waste your time applying,you will be much better off.Pay is below average and co-workers are very snippy and quick to judge instead of knowing how to train efficiently.
Pros
location and parking
Cons
poor pay, scheduled very few hours, difficult co-workers, head pharm / manager
Shoko is a good retail job for people alright with minimum wage.
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, MIMay 27, 2016
When I was employed at Shoko, since it was retail, there were many very early shifts for price changes and stocking, but the days are calm and relaxing to work because of the location of the Shopko store I had worked at. I work under the previous manager of the Tecumseh location and the manager there was very compromising with any questions or concerns. There was only one difficult part to this job which was only when the check out got busy.
Nice place to shop but horrible place to work!!!
Apparel Associate (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIMay 14, 2016
Former employee! I feel I've wasted 90 days of my life waiting for commitments that never came?
Training is horrible, had to learn a lot on my own,but when things are wrong, you heard about it!
Management is beyond horrible!!! So many lies they can't even get their stories straight.
Pay is horrible, no increases. I went from working 30+ hours to 15, how can anyone live on that and no doubt the pay???
They hired a new manager, dumber than a box of rocks, no retail experience, walks around does not help anyone, how sad!
Morale is horrible, and people don't stay long.
Just make money and the heck with the employees!
Take my advice, don't work there!!!!!
Pros
helping customers
Cons
management, low pay, no incentives
Fun Workplace
GM Sales floor (Current Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIMay 12, 2016
Typical day at work was clocking in, starting to unload boxes of items and putting them on sales floor, then walking around each aisle to see if things needed to be rotated, also saying hi to customers. I've learned to use a price gun, and how to put prices on stickers. Management was fast paced, very little training. I'd have to ask a lot of questions, and cash register was difficult and only trained me for one day. Cor workers were awesome So friendly and nice to work with.
Pros
Working well with other employees, and making customers smile.
Cons
Not trained enough, difficult in asking a questions when managers were all over the place.
Slow workplace with little flexibility
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 9, 2016
The average work day at Shopko is usually slow with little activity. The management provides little flexibility with scheduling and hours. My experience at Shopko has taught me that no matter what the job is, the management has a lot to do with whether or not employees stay at the establishment or seek other employment. The co-workers were easy to get along with but come and go frequently. Not many stayed for long.
Don't even waste your time, you can do so much better elsewhere.
General Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 10, 2016
Interview with manager was unprofessional. Essentially, the manger just spoke about how they were in dire need of more workers. Not a single job related question regarding the position was asked, other than some very basic information for a background check. The co workers were mostly inexperienced high schoolers. Most of which were unhelpful in regards to assisting new recruits. Many new recruits were left wandering around not knowing what to do. Pay rate and salary is ridiculously too low. Hardly any hours were offered. On average, only about 2 days a week was offered. Would NOT recommend.
Pros
10% discount store card for all employees.
Cons
Very low salary, unhelpful and inexperienced co workers, not enough hours.
It is a great job and the people there are amazing!
Apparel Associate/ Freight (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 15, 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Shopko but the management hasn't been very good ever since the store manager got moved. It was a great job and the co-workers were amazing. It is a fairly easy job and the managers will make sure that you are trained correctly. Overall it is a good job if you aren't worried about the pay.
Cons
Management and pay
Fantastic Atmosphere
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTApril 17, 2016
This work place was a job i looked forward to coming to every day because of the achievements i accomplished during the day. The co-workers were great, the communications between coworkers and myself was exceptional, daily communication with store managers always remained constant, which was a good thing. I set my own schedule, which allowed me to see what days were being affected with shrink.
Pros
Setting my own schedule
Cons
small lunch
Not very organized, very shorthanded, management overbearing
Receiver specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 25, 2016
Current employee soon to give two week notice. The training is horrific and the store is so understaffed and hours have been cut, but manager expects a small crew of 3 to 4 to put out the same as if fully staffed. Everyone is getting tired of all the garbage. Would not recommend anyone to apply here.
Pros
Cons
Overworked, too many to mention.
Fun and productive place to work
General merchandise teammate freight (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 13, 2016
Great place to work, fun and face-paced. A detail-oriented and face paced work environment, what you learned is to provide customer service on a daily and hourly basis, the hardest part is knowing where everything is on the store, the most enjoyable part of the job is customer service!
Pros
3 breaks!
Cons
Don't know
Shifted priorities in Michigan
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalkaska, MIMay 5, 2016
Shopko has eliminated the district manager position in the area where I worked, and is eliminating stores. Their plan is to gradually move their business to the Eastern U.S. They were an above average employer before this decision was made.
Pros
Fair evaluations.
Cons
employee relations, since the decision to leave Michigan.
They lacked keeping me informed in work assignments each week.
Department Specialist/Lawn & Garden Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 7, 2016
I would like you to focus on my Shopko review that I created by mistake in the BBSI Industrial Services sections.
I really do not have much to say, regarding BBSI for I feel that they were not as concerned with me working on their assignments.
Shopko Grafton
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIMarch 15, 2016
Shopko is a good company but the training is horrible. Grafton store manager isn't professional talk's bad about all employee to each other and degrades them. The store is complete mess coworker so unhappy there. High turn over rate. Have been in other Shopko stores that function correctly. Starting wage low and raises if any are low that's also another reason for high turn over rate.
Pros
Cons
Low wages, High turn over rate
Stable
Lab Optician (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJune 27, 2016
6:30 to 3:00 with three breaks, new people start out tracing frames which is extremely easy. I can't comment on management as it has been years since I was employed there. Co workers were fun. There were no hard parts. most enjoyable part was a stable work enviroment with enough time off to have a life with full benefits
Learning all the brands of clothes and how they fit
Retail/ Floor salesman (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTMarch 9, 2016
A day at work would be cleaning out dressing rooms and straightening out clothes. I learned a lot such has how different brands fit. Management wasn't very good. They didn't work with school schedules and don't give you very many days off. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done when they only scheduled 2 people to close.
Pros
The experience
Cons
Shopko is a friendly place to work.
General Floor Sales (Former Employee) –  Orem, UT 84058March 15, 2016
The job is fine for a student needing something to get paid for doing while not in school. The people that work there are all very friendly. Working in a store is nice because you get to know about all the good sales and clearance items. They do not pay much, but that is to be expected working in a store. It is still a nice place to work.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Low wage
Constantly changing.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ely, MNApril 24, 2016
There was a large turnover of workers, being it is a college town. Managment seemed to change as well, which was quite confusing. It was a job, not one I stayed at long, becasue I received a job offer for another place. Glad to leave, but made some good friends.
Pros
easy work to catch on to
Cons
a lot of gossip
Ok place to work.
Service Desk Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIFebruary 22, 2016
This is a great first job. If you are hired as a seasonal employee and prove your worth they will most likely hire you on as a year round employee. They pay just above minimum wage, but are very good at training newcomers to the workplace. They have advancement opportunists, but they often come without pay increases.
Pros
Good training, caring management, flexible schedule.
Cons
Low wages, very few raises.
Easy and simple place to work
General Marchandise (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJune 3, 2016
On a typical day I would stock the shelves in the front and in the back room, help bring the carts in, and helped with carry out. I got along with my managers and other co-workers. There wasn't any hard/difficult parts of the job, I just enjoyed to work there.

2.9