ShopKo

ShopKo Employer Reviews

Great crew and workplace that is very flexable
Customer Service Specialist and Loss prevention (Former Employee), Marquette MichiganSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: very flexible schedules and great coworkers
Cons: benefits aren't the greatest
Daily duties included keeping the store stocked and clean and assisting customers on the phone and in the store. I learned what great customer service is and how a business functions. Management was supportive and helpful. Coworkers were fun and helpful. There really were no hard parts to the job. Occasionally you will get a difficult customer. The – more... most enjoyable part was getting to work with great people and organizing the store/keeping it straightened as I'm an extremely organized person. – less
Productive sales
Autopuller (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Customer relations and service, sales increase.Positive relations with co-workers, help customers with problems, Good hours to work.
Supervise employees at a retail store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Eugene, ORAugust 29, 2014
Pros: having a lot of interaction with others
Cons: heavy merchandise
Making all merchandise is out on the sales floor in all departments.
Working with all employees and the customers interactions were great.
Ordering all merchandise in the store.
Interaction with others.
Review of Shopko
G.M SALESFLOOR/BACKROOM STOCKER (Former Employee), Caldwell, IDAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of stocking items, helping customers, and acting as a backup cashier. I learned that there are many ways to get through a day, even if it seems boring. My manager and coworkers were pretty productive, but they did their job as I did mine. The hardest part of my job was getting up at 4am, but the most enjoyable was meeting – more... new people. – less
Retail
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Monmouth, ILAugust 9, 2014
I would run the entire front end of the store sometimes wearing two hats as the service desk worker and a key carrying customer service specialist. I received a couple years of great work experience and managed to always keep a steady flow of customers. I eventually left because there were not enough hours to go around.
Salesfloor
Sales floor Teammate (Former Employee), Monmouth, ILAugust 6, 2014
Unloaded freight. Stocked shelves. Helped customers find products they needed and sold them extra products.
Would be a fun and enjoyable place to work at
Assisant Manger (Former Employee), Livingston Mt.August 5, 2014
Pros: can get dicounts on clothes
Cons: short breaks sort lunch
I like the store good qulatiy of shoes and good brand of clothes for everyone, the workers are nice to everyone. Theirs a good perdenall their.
Good Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and we get some breaks
Cons: not enough pay and not many benefits
A typical work day was amazing. I get to work with some amazing people and I love to serve the customers. The environment at Shopko is very peaceful, there is no drama and everybody seems happy.
Working the service desk and helping other parts of the store
Customer Service (Current Employee), Ogden, UTJuly 30, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: mean customers
Atypical day at work was helping customer find what they were looking for. I learned that customers were not always right. Management is always there to help and great to work with. The coworkers are a great team to work with. The hardest part of my job is dealing with angry customers. I enjoy most is the people I work with.
I loved working here.
o CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJuly 30, 2014
I loved the environment, the people I worked with, and the compensation and opportunities I had with Shopko.
Productive and fast pace workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJuly 27, 2014
Usually always working the cash register and interacting with customers. I enjoyed seeing my co-workers everyday. It was just a really fun place to work.
Relaxed, friendly management style. Schedules are all over the board, 39 hrs to 9 hrs.
Freight and GM Sales (Former Employee), Regal St., Spokane WAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: flexible, relaxed.
Cons: varying hours, thus paychecks week to week.
Sales floor position: Punch in, get a scanner, a phone, get lined out which area of responsibility (eg., autopull, customer assistance, straightening, returns, etc), check to see if there are projects needing to be done or to help with.

Freight position: Shift begins 5:00am. Get scanner, pull pallets of freight from back to my area. Open boxes, shelve – more... items, dispose of cardboard, backstock, straighten as you go.

I have learned alot! Learned the scanner gun, how to do autopull, how to set a planogram, how to do price accuracy, print labels, how to set endcaps, also alot about outdoor garden. Every job culture has its own vocabulary and tempo. Lots to learn, always.

Management is very relaxed, friendly, open to discussion and thoughts. Co-workers are helpful, courteous. The downside is that there are clicks which can be perceived as exclusive and off-putting as if they are being catty or gossipy by other associates who are less out-going or shy. The hardest part of the job is the schedule. It is supposed to be out after 5:00p Thursday and quite often isn't completed until Friday or even Saturday for the following week which begins Sunday. Also there can be a huge flux in scheduled hours week to week. It is a constantly varying weekly schedule. It can be feast or famine, 39 hrs can go to 9 hrs. making it very difficult to plan ahead and or juggle bills / groceries with inconsistent paychecks. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is so relaxed. Lots of smiles, camaraderie and willingness to assist or help another. – less
lots of excerise
Domestic Specialist (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDJuly 25, 2014
Pros: lots of exersice
Cons: pay was little and it was part time
My typical day at work would consist of putting away returns to the store. Sorting and organizing merchandise on the shelves. Greet and help customers. I have also put together displays. I was always on my feet and moving around.
Very Organzied and Rewarding Company
Merchandise Support Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, MIJuly 22, 2014
As one of the managers, the store is always fast paced. There is something to do for everyone at any given moment of the day. The customers, and employees attitudes are the best part of the job.
Fun work place
Cashier & Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Grafton, WIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: assisting customers and answering phones
Cons: n/a
Assisting customers, answering phones, cleaning, stocking shelves, back stocking
It is a really nice place to
Supervisor (Current Employee), Sussex, WIJuly 20, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: weekends
I enjoy the work, the staff, and the customers. i enjoy working with the teammates, unloading and stocking freight, doing modular resets, customer service, cashiering, and interacting with people.
A wonderful experience
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDJuly 20, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: just working retail during holiday time
Shopko was a great company to work for. The management in my store was very up front and honest. They were also open to new ideas and ways to improve. Training was provided by people who actually knew what they were doing. The only reason I left was I was offered a promotion opportunity with another company.
Days at ShopKo
Cashier/ Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), 90th and FortJuly 19, 2014
A typical day at ShopKo for me depends on where I'm working that day. If I am Cashiering, I greet the customer with a smile, ask how they are doing and how their shopping experience was. If the customer has any questions, I answer them to the best of my ability and ask a supervisor or manager if needed. After the transaction I make sure all their questions – more... are answered and tell them to have a great morning/evening. If I am working at Customer Service, I answer phone calls and make sure the customer is directed to the right department in a timely manner and gets the help they need. I help customers with returns and exchanges in a timely manner. The management is a work in progress. The management has a few kinks. Co-workers can be a little rude. It seems they don't consider others feelings. The hardest part of the job would have to be learning how to do things you were never trained to do. The main thing i love doing is sending my customers home with a smile because I took care of them with a smile. – less
Pharmacy Disrespect
Assistant Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), GlasgowJuly 15, 2014
I have never been more dis-respected in my life, let alone as a pharmacist. Called human resources several times about co-workers physically getting in my face, telling me they didn't have to listen to me, putting patients at risk, etc. They were very concerned at first, but after a couple of weeks blew me off and just told me to refer to my district – more... manager. Her reply was that "respect is something that has to be earned."

I normally wouldn't negatively review a former employer here, but I wouldn't want anyone to move to a rural Montana town like I did and be treated this way. This District Manager covers all the Shopko Hometown Pharmacies East of the Divide (Shelby, Lewistown, Roundup, Sidney, Big Timber, Glasgow, etc).

Oh, and found out when I got my taxes done that they were taking out the wrong amount for my state taxes, so I ended up owing $400. Thanks Shopko! – less
Ok Place to work but keep looking...
Loss Prevention (Current Employee), IL, WIJuly 11, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: pay, advancement, it's all about the numbers
It was an OK place to work for a short time, Co-workers were great to work with. Not much advancement unless you are re-locatable. Pay scale is below other retailers and really no pay for experience level. OK for the time being but would recommend keep looking!

1 2 3 4 5

About ShopKo

Rather than a national¬†jack-of-all-retail trades, Shopko Stores concentrates on a¬†select product range in small and rural areas – Read more