ShopKo

ShopKo Employer Reviews

Fun work place
Cashier & Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Grafton, WIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: assisting customers and answering phones
Cons: n/a
Assisting customers, answering phones, cleaning, stocking shelves, back stocking
It is a really nice place to
Supervisor (Current Employee), Sussex, WIJuly 20, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: weekends
I enjoy the work, the staff, and the customers. i enjoy working with the teammates, unloading and stocking freight, doing modular resets, customer service, cashiering, and interacting with people.
Days at ShopKo
Cashier/ Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), 90th and FortJuly 19, 2014
A typical day at ShopKo for me depends on where I'm working that day. If I am Cashiering, I greet the customer with a smile, ask how they are doing and how their shopping experience was. If the customer has any questions, I answer them to the best of my ability and ask a supervisor or manager if needed. After the transaction I make sure all their questions – more... are answered and tell them to have a great morning/evening. If I am working at Customer Service, I answer phone calls and make sure the customer is directed to the right department in a timely manner and gets the help they need. I help customers with returns and exchanges in a timely manner. The management is a work in progress. The management has a few kinks. Co-workers can be a little rude. It seems they don't consider others feelings. The hardest part of the job would have to be learning how to do things you were never trained to do. The main thing i love doing is sending my customers home with a smile because I took care of them with a smile. – less
Pharmacy Disrespect
Assistant Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), GlasgowJuly 15, 2014
I have never been more dis-respected in my life, let alone as a pharmacist. Called human resources several times about co-workers physically getting in my face, telling me they didn't have to listen to me, putting patients at risk, etc. They were very concerned at first, but after a couple of weeks blew me off and just told me to refer to my district – more... manager. Her reply was that "respect is something that has to be earned."

I normally wouldn't negatively review a former employer here, but I wouldn't want anyone to move to a rural Montana town like I did and be treated this way. This District Manager covers all the Shopko Hometown Pharmacies East of the Divide (Shelby, Lewistown, Roundup, Sidney, Big Timber, Glasgow, etc).

Oh, and found out when I got my taxes done that they were taking out the wrong amount for my state taxes, so I ended up owing $400. Thanks Shopko! – less
Ok Place to work but keep looking...
Loss Prevention (Current Employee), IL, WIJuly 11, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: pay, advancement, it's all about the numbers
It was an OK place to work for a short time, Co-workers were great to work with. Not much advancement unless you are re-locatable. Pay scale is below other retailers and really no pay for experience level. OK for the time being but would recommend keep looking!
Stressful/Unappreciated
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Delavan, WIJuly 9, 2014
Cons: working until 10p and being scheduled for 6a next morning.
Majority of work days expectations were to fit 16 hours of week into 8 hours or less.
a good work place with a friendly staff
Team Member (Former Employee), Ashland, WIJuly 8, 2014
a good place to work with friendly emploees and manegers who are always willing to lend a helping hand
love this place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 6, 2014
Pros: the people you work withb
Cons: no helathcare for part time
productive and family oriented environment. love the people. management is great and very flexible with students!
fun place to work. But scheduling was a big problem
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Saint Peter, MNJuly 4, 2014
It was a friendly and warm place. But management was the biggest issue I had with working there. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. But the store itself seems to not be up and running as much as it should be
Enjoyed working in the Electronics
Sales (Former Employee), Lewiston, IDJuly 3, 2014
The atmosphere there was great i got along with almost all the people that i would with and it was a great part time job.
Productive and rewarding
Cashier/Deli Clerk, Fred Meyers, Tillamook, (Former Employee), Walla Walla, WAJune 30, 2014
Pros: the people: both my co-workers and customers.
Cons: low wages
My overall experience for working at Shopko was productive and rewarding. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and supervisors and the work was interesting and engaging.
An energetic work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJune 27, 2014
Providing excellent customer service on a continuous basis.
Ensuring all floor planagrams are prepared successfully.
Hardest part was being a younger manager at the time so resistence from some of the tenured employees
fast paced working atmosphere that is very enjoyable
Sales floor Associate (Former Employee), Petersburg, INJune 24, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: short breaks, lunches, company took advantage of a lot of employees
There was many different jobs I obtained while at Shopko.
At one point I worked in the cash office. That included counting all the money that was in the safe and in all the tills. Then I would make the deposit and print off all paper work needed from the day before. I also worked as a key carrier, which also did the jobs of the cash office, but also – more... included opening and closing the store. Then I was the receiving specialist. That involved me checking all the vendors and products in and also out of the store. It involved a lot of paperwork that was needed too. Last, I was a sales floor associate. Responsibilities of that were running the register, always having great customer service, and cleaning as needed. – less
Shopko
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Meridian, IDJune 21, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: not great pay
I had a blast working for this company and wish I had never left. It was an upbeat atmosphere and management really cares for their employees.
It was for fun....For awhile
Freight/sales floor/cashier (Former Employee), yakima washingtonJune 20, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: management is horrible....hours were inconsistent
i worked on freight/sales floor/cashier
it was fun for a couple of months then i started to notice the managers did not do there job....instead they would tell us that we were doing our job wrong and everybody is"replaceable"
my coworkers were the only reason i stayed as long as i did they were fun and helped me when i needed help something the management – more... didnt do.
and the managers had there favorites on who they would give more hours to...basically if you kissed there a** they would give you a lot more hours if you asked unlike a lot of other people they would say"ask at the being of the month theres no more hours to give" – less
Great Coworkers and a good working environment
GM Sales Floor (Current Employee), Brigham City, UTJune 19, 2014
Always having daily tasks that need to be done. Learning how to stock shelves, backstock, and operating a fork lift and pallet jack. Great co-workers, good working around schedule changes.
Very fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Suamico, WIJune 16, 2014
Pros: breaks, management, coworkers
They made working black friday really easy and fun. They were always their to help when you needed them.
Work
GENERAL MERCHANDISE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, iaJune 15, 2014
Learned how to use a forklift, most co-workers are fun to work with. Management is not the easiest a lot of them left and changed jobs themselves. Overall ok company to work for too many flaws and not much team work with some co-workers
fun new
Cashier (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Its closed now so it really doesn't matter but it was fine just a normal job had to fold clothes and stuff
Learned new skills.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAJune 5, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of amazing people and gained customer service skills.
Cons: hours
I enjoyed learning a various amount of skills such as answering phones and interacting with customers. Helped customers from all areas of the store find the right product. Inventory was a great learning experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About ShopKo

Rather than a national¬†jack-of-all-retail trades, Shopko Stores concentrates on a¬†select product range in small and rural areas – Read more