ShopKo

ShopKo Employer Reviews

I probably wouldn't work here again
Cashier (Former Employee), Meridian, IDJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: unfriendly and unprofessional work environment
On a good day, the managers would leave me alone. Normally though they'd hover and tell me what I was doing wrong. Some of my coworkers were nice, but most of them actually tried to get me fired. I learned how to put up with rudeness and irrational behavior for 5 to 6 hours at a time. the hardest part really was trying to keep a smile on my face.
Great place to work and thrive.
District Manager (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 23, 2015
Enjoyed 18 years as a single store manager and the last 10 years as a district manager. Would like to continue in management located in the Central Tennessee area in a single or multi location environment.
Good place to work for experience in retail
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Riverdale, UTJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great overall retail experience
Cons: could have better insurance
Great learning experience for retail. Great people and awesome customers.
Fun Working Place
GM Sales (Former Employee), Lewiston, IDJanuary 21, 2015
It was a very informative hard working but good place to work is your a hard worker
Fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Boise, IdJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: retail
In the beginning I stated as a stocker/ cashier straightening and taking care of the customers. I later moved up to the customer service desk where I helped with returning of merchandise and other daily transactions, got along with everyone but the hardest part of the job was that this job was the first job I was employed at after I broke my leg as it was still healing.
Service Tech
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee), Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 20, 2015
Very clear cut job with lots of opportunities for customer service of all types. The company provided all tools needed to complete the job with ease. Management was flexible and easy to work with.
Shopko Field Management
District Manager (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 19, 2015
Shopko management overall is a great position to have with Shopko. With the expansion and rebuilding of it's Hometown sector the changes and new learnings are both very encouraging and exciting. The "Brand" continues to be developed and is becoming more and more relevant to our customers with a stronger merchandise mix and competitive pricing. Lot of growth headed for the company!
Nice and friendly workplace
Cashier/Sales Floor Employee (Current Employee), Rothschild, WIJanuary 17, 2015
Its a nice and friendly workplace with great people. But the work hours are not good.
Very friendly management and other associates
Lawn and Garden Associate (Former Employee), Suamico, WIJanuary 16, 2015
Every person that I encountered while working was friendly, outgoing, and willing to help in any way they could. Whether it was getting a forklift so us outside could move pallets of mulch, or simply running to get me a product a customer needed.
Meh
Freight Process Unload Supervisor (Current Employee), Stevens PointJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: not much
Cons: pay sucks!
Its o.k. for a first time job, Not the best place for a career unless you want to work in corporate. Brand new full-time employees get paid more than ones who work for it.
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee), Marinette, WIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: we had an awesome break room with vending machines, a tv, couchs, and a full kitchen. another pro would be the flexibility with hours.
Cons: cons of working in any retail position is having to work your fair share of weekends.
I highly enjoyed working with customers everyday. Everyone at Shopko always had an upbeat positive attitude. Days are never overwhelmingly stressful. Work and tasks are spread out evenly. Some managers were better at communicating effectively to workers under them, than others. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the stress of holidays I do believe. It is a very busy time of year and it creates a lot of tension between co-workers.
Works great with school schedule
Customer Servise Specialist, General Merchandiser (Current Employee), Houghton, MIJanuary 12, 2015
This company worked very well with adjusting my schedule around my school schedule. Managers were nice and understanding. Good work environment. Easy tasks. Was not a hard job. Great customer service and cash handling experience.
Shopko
General Merchandise Freight Supervisor (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 12, 2015
Middle management can be difficult when dealing with high school kids.
Best Job
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Beloit, WIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: coworkers, managers, benefits, pay
Cons: nothing
Shopko is by far the best place I have worked. Everyone was treated like family and the atmosphere was enjoyable. I worked here for a little over two years and I started out making $7.25 as an Apparel associate, a year later I moved up to the front end and became a cashier and shortly after that I went to the service desk and shortly after moving up to the service desk in May of 2014 I became the Customer Service Supervisor. I left this job because my fiancé got a job opportunity in Iowa so that's why I had to leave Shopko and move to Iowa.
Good introductory into Retail
Customer Sales (Former Employee), De Pere, WIDecember 31, 2014
Pros: fun work enviromnent
Cons: low wage
Had a lot of fun doing all the odds and end retail jobs. Learned alot of skills such as customer service and how to setup and maintain various departments. Learned how and why retail places do what they do which, helped me appreciate how things work when I shop at places. Worked with a lot of nice people that made it feel as if everyone was a team.
Horrible place to work
Shipping and Receiving Specialist (Former Employee), Archbold OhioDecember 22, 2014
Cons: everything
What a horrible place to work, management acts like children and you are not paid what you are worth. They give you an employee discount of 10% normal items but not electronics and 15% off apparel but when you find out their prices are double from everyone else's your discount means nothing.

Cleaning up and babysitting people is what this job is all about, including the truck drivers! If you enjoy cleaning up everyone else's mess and babysitting everyone then this job might be for you. Hours that are promised to you, you better get those in writing!! Hours are based on sales, you will not get whatever hours they promise you. Shifting you around to doing everything in the building is the position you will get as well as doing everyone else's job. They speak of team work, however you will find yourself working solo and doing more than your share of work, more than working as a team. Then when you don't get your work done because you're trying to do what they told you to do and do other people's job, you'll get screamed at.

Unprofessional management that complains about everything including the store manager and talks behind your back is defiantly the kind of individuals here. Wal-Mart will soon run these guys out of town, their sales are already failing. I suggest you do not apply for this company and stay far away from it, including shopping there as well.
Management Sucked
(Retail) Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 21, 2014
Pros: making friends
Cons: pay and management
I was a sales associate and worked nights which was great because the managers weren't there and I was able to get my work done, by myself and the time passed quick. Pay sucked, 7.25 and co-workers sucked, some were lazy and the store was very unorganized and messy.
Great place
Sales Associate/Customer Service / Seasonal (Current Employee), Rothschild, WIDecember 11, 2014
I love working at this place. I am hoping to stay after seasonal is over. Would love to work there fulltime.
Managment life
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Duluth, MNDecember 8, 2014
I enjoyed the fast pace of the holidays in the store. The hours were great. I learned a lot working there, like interviewing people and hiring.
Great company if your looking for a part time job.
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Bellevue, NEDecember 5, 2014
Pros: discounts on items in store
Cons: working holidays
It broke my heart when I had to quit. My co-workers were like family to me.
I was on auto pull team and my job was to stock shelves with products we had in the back room. It kept me busy and I was on my feet most of the day.
The hardest part of the job was working holidays because I wanted to be with my family.
The most enjoyable part was having pot luck dinners on special occasions. It made the day more special.

1 2 3 4 5

About ShopKo

Shopko is a $3 Billion company with over 18,000 teammates. In the retail and retail health business for more than 50 years, we – Read more