ShopKo Employee Reviews

Productive and was polite to all customers and vendors
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILFebruary 17, 2017
I was there every day. I worked in shipping and receiving I also cashiered when needed. I got along with all the vendors when receiving the product and packages. I loved working with the customers when helping them with their products.
Pros
It was clean
Cons
They wanted you to be available from 3am to 10pm 7 days a week.
Easy going place to work with good management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plentywood, MTFebruary 16, 2017
Since this store was in a small town it was a lot slower- paced then others are. Worked with some great people and management.
Productive environment, room to grow if willing to relocate
HR/Customer service/Apparel Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 14, 2017
Typical day of work: Prioritize and align job duties for teammates, Work through task lists and makes sure store is ready for business. Work through assigned tasks for day (planograms, truck push, schedules, hiring, orientations, training). I have learned a lot in my current position to round out my leadership skills. Dived more in dept to P&L structure and store growth plans. The management team is great and always willing to help one to grow and provide training for the next level.
Pros
employee discount, paid vacation
Cons
expensive healthcare
People are nice, work is slow
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, WIFebruary 8, 2017
All the employees are really friendly and helpful. Store does do lunches for those who work during the day. Unfortunately, the pay is poor, and some management gets paid to play on their phones.

My job in the pharmacy is different then the main store, we are like a family we all like each other and all work well together we are all after the same thing.
Pros
Experiance
Cons
Pay
Great People, and Managers. Terrible everything else.
Customer Service Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 7, 2017
I loved the people I worked with at Shopko in Logan. The management were all easy and great to work with. The company on the other hand was horrific. The pay was the lowest in the city. I was even promoted to a supervisor and still made less than any starting pay in the city, but don't worry every year you get the opportunity for a 10 cent raise. On top of that, the company continually gets rid of positions. They got rid of their service desk, got rid of the service desk position meaning the specialists were service desk employees, and cashiers, expected to perform all of the functions at once, which during the busy season is frankly impossible, and again with all of these changes there were no changes in pay. They pile it on then do not compensate. If you're considering a job here, look elsewhere. I guarantee you won't get the money you're looking for. No matter what they promise you'll get paid minimum wage, and get one 4 hour shift per week. I worked there for 3 years and it never changed, don't get tied up in this company.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Low Pay, Over worked
Sales Associate, Cashier, Garden Center Expert
Sales Associate, Cashier, Stocker (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDFebruary 3, 2017
My time working at Shopko was great. I had no problems working with Management. Management was willing to work with my schedule and was amazing. I loved coming to work because every day brought a new challenge. I loved the fast-paced work environment. the only thing I didn't like was the fact that they don't offer a full time and no benefits. The hardest part of the job is remembering where everything is.
Pros
great management, scheduling, environment
Cons
not enough hours during slow months, no benefits
Fun, new experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNJanuary 31, 2017
The staff was friendly but management wasn't the best. I learned more about customer service and how to manage a department. The hardest part of the job was learning how to juggle multiple tasks with customers.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Unfair management
Little pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 30, 2017
This place does not pay their employees much. I did not get time off when I needed it to have important surgery on my brain. The new management that came in shortly before I left was very crabby and had no flexibility.
It was a fun job....but no advancement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 30, 2017
It was great at the time to work there....but if you want to move up...thus is not the company to do it...the 5 years I worked there I only went up 39 cents....and I worked my but off.....
Pros
The people
Productive work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kimberly, WIJanuary 28, 2017
working with customers and other co workers on projects and filling the trucks brought to the store. Setting up signs for new Ad's and helping prepare for sales.
productive
Cashier & Inventory (Current Employee) –  Sussex, WIJanuary 27, 2017
I have had a lot of fun with my job. I have also advanced in my career at shopko. I started out as a cashier and now I work as a general merchandise teammate
Kind Customers
Apparel Salesfloor Teammate (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 26, 2017
The customers were really nice. However, management didn't really use their works efficiently. I didn't get the amount of hours I wanted. The customers tend to make a mess of the apparel section. I think that the supervisors should have everyone work on one thing and move on in the apparel section. Thus, I think things would get done faster because we would work in a team instead individually.
Teamwork
Presentation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, IAJanuary 26, 2017
Great team atmosphere. Been working here most of my adult life and has great flexibility between work and home life. Managers are great. All kinds of possibilities to move up in the company and go beyond working just in the retail store itself.
Worst Management Experience Yet
Lawn and Garden Associate (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIJanuary 26, 2017
The management was very poor and lacked communication with employees. Work was easy and simple, but often I was scheduled when I wasn't suppose to be, or my shifts were given to someone else. Don't recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Simple Work
Cashier
Cashier/ Price Accuracy (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIJanuary 26, 2017
Depending on what I was doing either cashiering or price accuracy it was always different and fun. Management is really great at Shopko. I learned how to set ads and how to use a hand held scanner and printer. I really enjoyed working at Shopko.
Pros
The people I worked with were great.
Cons
Pay was too low and not enough hours.
Great work place to start gaining experience
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kiel, WIJanuary 26, 2017
Working at Shopko has taught me a lot about working in retail, especially in Customer Service. The people I worked with all made sure that we were all helping one another when needed, and answering questions in order for everyone to have a better understanding of how to perform their jobs properly. The management was very hard working and very easy to talk to. While working at Customer Service, I learned all that I could to make sure that customers left the store with positive feelings on their shopping experience, and got the knack of answering phone calls in a professional manner. The Hardest part of the job did tend to be the more difficult customers that would come through from time to time, but once everything was resolved peacefully and with very little conflict, it left a good feeling of accomplishment by the end of the day. The most enjoyable part had to be all the different things I learned, and all the people that you got to meet.
Pros
lots of learning opportunities, great staff, flexible hours
Cons
sometimes hours got cut short, not enough workers on a shift
Excellent optical management
Optician (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 26, 2017
Great place to work in the optical center it's fast pace overall a great place to call a 2nd home. Wish they would pay more would still be there
Pros
All optical management is great. Good benefits
Cons
Main store management not the best and pay is not great
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 25, 2017
Overall a great place to work. Team work.We grew together, learned together. Clean environment . Great hours. Great displays.I learned alot about retail. Pricing, sales sign. Stocking.
Pros
PRODUCTIVE
Cons
HEALTHCARE
Weekend warrior
Truck Crew and Floor Recovery Member (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 25, 2017
Long weekends on occasion. Some started as early as Thursday, and went to Sunday. Good training most of the time. Leadership was usually around. Not so big on the food.
Pros
Decent pay for weekends
Cons
Missed a lot of school
Hands on Training
SALES CLERK (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 25, 2017
You learn everything on the job, and need to have great communication skills and customer service for this line of work. Must be knowledgeable about the products the company sells, so that you can inform a customers needs with satisfaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ShopKo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9