ShopKo

ShopKo Employer Reviews

a good work place with a friendly staff
Team Member (Former Employee), Ashland, WIJuly 8, 2014
a good place to work with friendly emploees and manegers who are always willing to lend a helping hand
love this place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 6, 2014
Pros: the people you work withb
Cons: no helathcare for part time
productive and family oriented environment. love the people. management is great and very flexible with students!
fun place to work. But scheduling was a big problem
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Saint Peter, MNJuly 4, 2014
It was a friendly and warm place. But management was the biggest issue I had with working there. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. But the store itself seems to not be up and running as much as it should be
Enjoyed working in the Electronics
Sales (Former Employee), Lewiston, IDJuly 3, 2014
The atmosphere there was great i got along with almost all the people that i would with and it was a great part time job.
Productive and rewarding
Cashier/Deli Clerk, Fred Meyers, Tillamook, (Former Employee), Walla Walla, WAJune 30, 2014
Pros: the people: both my co-workers and customers.
Cons: low wages
My overall experience for working at Shopko was productive and rewarding. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and supervisors and the work was interesting and engaging.
An energetic work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJune 27, 2014
Providing excellent customer service on a continuous basis.
Ensuring all floor planagrams are prepared successfully.
Hardest part was being a younger manager at the time so resistence from some of the tenured employees
fast paced working atmosphere that is very enjoyable
Sales floor Associate (Former Employee), Petersburg, INJune 24, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: short breaks, lunches, company took advantage of a lot of employees
There was many different jobs I obtained while at Shopko.
At one point I worked in the cash office. That included counting all the money that was in the safe and in all the tills. Then I would make the deposit and print off all paper work needed from the day before. I also worked as a key carrier, which also did the jobs of the cash office, but also – more... included opening and closing the store. Then I was the receiving specialist. That involved me checking all the vendors and products in and also out of the store. It involved a lot of paperwork that was needed too. Last, I was a sales floor associate. Responsibilities of that were running the register, always having great customer service, and cleaning as needed. – less
Shopko
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Meridian, IDJune 21, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: not great pay
I had a blast working for this company and wish I had never left. It was an upbeat atmosphere and management really cares for their employees.
It was for fun....For awhile
Freight/sales floor/cashier (Former Employee), yakima washingtonJune 20, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: management is horrible....hours were inconsistent
i worked on freight/sales floor/cashier
it was fun for a couple of months then i started to notice the managers did not do there job....instead they would tell us that we were doing our job wrong and everybody is"replaceable"
my coworkers were the only reason i stayed as long as i did they were fun and helped me when i needed help something the management – more... didnt do.
and the managers had there favorites on who they would give more hours to...basically if you kissed there a** they would give you a lot more hours if you asked unlike a lot of other people they would say"ask at the being of the month theres no more hours to give" – less
Great Coworkers and a good working environment
GM Sales Floor (Current Employee), Brigham City, UTJune 19, 2014
Always having daily tasks that need to be done. Learning how to stock shelves, backstock, and operating a fork lift and pallet jack. Great co-workers, good working around schedule changes.
Very fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Suamico, WIJune 16, 2014
Pros: breaks, management, coworkers
They made working black friday really easy and fun. They were always their to help when you needed them.
Work
GENERAL MERCHANDISE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, iaJune 15, 2014
Learned how to use a forklift, most co-workers are fun to work with. Management is not the easiest a lot of them left and changed jobs themselves. Overall ok company to work for too many flaws and not much team work with some co-workers
fun new
Cashier (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Its closed now so it really doesn't matter but it was fine just a normal job had to fold clothes and stuff
Learned new skills.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAJune 5, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of amazing people and gained customer service skills.
Cons: hours
I enjoyed learning a various amount of skills such as answering phones and interacting with customers. Helped customers from all areas of the store find the right product. Inventory was a great learning experience.
Terrible work place
General Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee), De Pere, WIMay 28, 2014
Cons: low wages, inconsistent schedule
I was never paid my per diem for work related travel, fired without evidence, weekends off were scheduled to coincide with my military drill weekend which is against Federal law.
Fun coworkers and decent hours
Cashier (Current Employee), Mankato, MNMay 27, 2014
Kept cash register clean, help costumers, at times helped on the floor. Learned how to work on the floor and a new system of cash register. Management was helpful with answering questions. Co-worker where fun to work with and kept the day interesting. Hardest part of he job was when it was a slow day and there wasn't much to do.
I work for shopko
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2014
Pros: i like working with the public and go out of my way to help them
Cons: no benefits
At the beginning with this job everything was good management., co-workers hours we had a good manager, but they change management then everything change for the worst.
Great people, bad work place
Seasonal Specialist (Former Employee), Watertown, WIMay 22, 2014
I worked for Shopko for 4 years. They have a great staff working under them, but didn't know how to treat employees. It was not the assistant managers, but the store manager.
Fun and active place to work
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Bellevue, NEMay 16, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
fun and friendly place to work. employment makes your day fun yet challenging
Friendly coworkers
CASHIER (Current Employee), Dubuque IAMay 16, 2014
I feel like the people are overall friendly to work with but that there is too much emphasis on sales and not enough recognition for accomplishments. Employees feel rather unappreciated.

1 2 3 4 5

About ShopKo

Rather than a national¬†jack-of-all-retail trades, Shopko Stores concentrates on a¬†select product range in small and rural areas – Read more