ShopKo Employee Reviews

Good people to work with, no hours after holidays
GM Stocker (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMarch 25, 2017
Typical retail position. Most of the employees are awesome to work with - makes the job easier. Store needs some price scanners to keep customers from bugging you every five minutes.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Few hours
Not very well ran
Shopko (Former Employee) –  Rawlins, WYMarch 24, 2017
I worked here in high school, and they could not work with my schedule at all. They were very rude, and tried scheduling me during my school hours, then said I had no choice but to go in.
ABOC Optician
Optician ABOC (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 24, 2017
Shopko was a very nice to work and good commissions when sales were good. I loved working with all the people, never the same. Fast paced on most days, so days went quickly.
How working at shopko was a benefit
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 22, 2017
I loved working at shopko, the employees and management were great. I loved helping out all the customers too and being able to learn about the new products that came in. The hardest part of the job would probably be stocking the shelves because some of the shelves were not very sturdy and some of the came off the hinges.
Pros
Learning new inventory on a daily basis
Great place if you are looking to move up throughout the carrer
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grafton, NDMarch 22, 2017
Very fun yet busy job to work at. The store manager is a very reasonable person. Whether it be with running a little late or not getting everything you hould have gotten done, done. I would recommend the job to anyone
Corporate defines insanity
Price Accuracy Supervisor/CSS (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMarch 22, 2017
The Rapid City crew is wonderful and like a family. The corporate environment is the definition of insanity continuing to utilize processes and policies that have been proven to fail to work and acting as if they are new ideas.
Pros
Great family like environment
Cons
Micromanagement from corporate
fun place to work.
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 21, 2017
Quick pased, very friendly employers, trying to get everyone checked out fast enough so your not holding up the line , getting to know people at the job
Sales floor Supervisor
Sales floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 20, 2017
Reported directly to Store Manager. Responsibilities included: Provided direct assistance to Store Manager throughout entire store, oversaw teammate training, monitored teammates to ensure daily tasks and projects were completed, , responsible for cash handling, opening and closing store procedures.
Cheerful and inviting workplace
Apparel Teammate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at ShopKo, as I felt comfortable with most of the managers and other superiors that I dealt with daily. Their willingness to make sure employees felt good working there meant that my co-workers and I always knew that our voice had a place. On the other hand, room for advancement was slim and, despite the initial promise when I was first hired to raise my wage after my first six months, I never received a raise.
Raise
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Crete, NEMarch 19, 2017
I worked at Shopko for 2 years and I never got a raise, even though I did everything I was supposed to and went above and beyond, telling me I was late twice so they couldn't give me a raise then the next year telling me no one was getting a raise that year. I was stuck at minimum wage.
Pros
Los of hours
Cons
No raises
nice pople weird shifts
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMarch 18, 2017
i worked a lot of the time and my shifts were long. they had nice workers but i think most of the managers were actually kind of rude.the enviornment was a nice place to work in though.
Productive and Friendly work environment with great employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milbank, SDMarch 17, 2017
I loved ShopKo. The people I worked with were great. Team work was phenomenal. And getting projects done was easy with team workers and new ideas from everyone. I loved ShopKo.
Pros
discounts, paid for 15 minute break
Cons
there's a lady who comes 2 minutes before closing time and then takes her time looking around
Fun to help customers
GM (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 17, 2017
When I worked there my co-workers were pretty cool, management was not good at all, the most enjoyable part of the job was when I went on breaks and helping the customers out.
Pros
Some good co-workers
Cons
Management not good
Fun place to work! You always have something to do!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chariton, IAMarch 16, 2017
This was a great place to work due to the other employees and management working as a team! You always have something to do so you won't get bored and it's never something you don't want to do.
Pros
Management was great
Cons
Short breaks
ok place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 13, 2017
It wasn't the best job but it was a paycheck. It can be a fun environment, but it can also be very stressful at times. Customer service is enjoyable if you like talking to people but as far as the work load goes, there is so much to do and little time to do it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Expensive healthcare
I think it's good but I'm unsure if any of the jobs I've applied for actually go through
General Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMarch 12, 2017
I think it's good, could be better. I personally hated working there because my boss was a douche they kept lying to me never giving me a straight answer. What I liked was I got me meet a lot of great people.
Pros
Gives you job openings
Cons
Unsure if application goes through
Pretty relaxed work environment
Jewelry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 11, 2017
This job was actually pretty good. As long as you did the things you were supposed to do they left you alone. I rarely left feeling bad about it. The worst part was the annoying customers but that is everywhere. I pretty much had a set schedule and wasn't hounded by management at all. I always got my breaks. And was trusted to just do my thing.
Pros
Relaxed environment, good breaks, good schedule
Cons
customers, low pay
ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adams, WIMarch 10, 2017
overall okay place to work, with career advancement oppertunities. A place where a teen could work after school or on summer vacaition....................................
Productive and easy-going work environment
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 10, 2017
A typical day in the life of a shopko employee can range from filling shelves and backstocking to hectic customer service and accomplishing projects amongst all the customers in a timely matter.
Usually a lot more busy during Holiday seasons and the start up of the school year.

Working here I have learned a sense of leaving your personal life out of your work environment to ensure great customer service, and teammate relations. I have learned communication skills from working the floor and having to attend to customer needs. I have also learned a sense of time management when it comes to getting all of it accomplished in a set time.

Management in the Shopko I have worked in has been up tolerable through the years I have worked there. I can see all the things that they have to go through on a day to day basis so I think they do a good job for the circumstance they are given.

Workplace culture has been relatively good for me, I have made some great friends through working here and I enjoy the nice easy going tempo most of the crew has.

The hardest part of the job is probably the customers from time to time if I'm going to be honest.

The most enjoyable time is the time I get to spend with my fellow crew.
Pros
flexible schedule, good co-workers
Cons
pay
Honest Review
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 10, 2017
Shopko had poor Manager to Employee Relation and broke their qualifications to do specific said tasks numerous times, such as stuff behind the service desk and Cashier Returns without training. Lazy and Unprofessional.
Pros
You get 15% off apparel and 10% off anything else except electronics
Cons
Faulty staff leading to poor Employee and Customer Relations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ShopKo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9