ShopKo Employee Reviews

Great Start out Job
GM Teammate (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDJanuary 22, 2018
You get some amazing training and if you need additional help someone is there to help. Amazing teammates and management to work with you. 8 hour shifts but there are only few full time shifts so it is mainly part-time work.
Pros
Experence
Cons
Pay
Fast And friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 21, 2018
The work was very easy and fun I love helping customers.i enjoyed working there seasonal cause I love the fast pace environment. I recommend working at Shopko.
Fun workplace with great discount
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJanuary 21, 2018
they offered More hours than I expected which I liked
I gained more experience and learn quickly their
co-workers is trained to teach you how I didn't feel like a work place I felt more welcome and needed it increased my energy to work more
I appropriate the friendly and respectful management I love shopko i would definitely consider a friend to work there
Cons
3 breaks
Unorganized, unrealistic expectations and out dated systems.
Loss Prevention Leader (Former Employee) –  Worthington, MNJanuary 20, 2018
Shopko has only one objective, work you to the bone. and very very low wages. They do not advance people that deserve to be. I would only recommend them as a stepping stone to a better job.
Pros
Cons
Over worked, under paid. No sick days, have to use vacation time.
Okay job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minerva, OHJanuary 20, 2018
Working at Shopko Hometown was okay. I was a customer service specialist. The job was pretty easy, all you would do is be a cashier, answer customer questions, put tags on clothes, empty out the dressing rooms and make sure the restrooms are clean. The management and other employees are nice. I came across a lot of rude customers though.. but I guess that's expected when working in retail.
Pros
Good Management, Nice coworkers, Easy job
Cons
Minimum wage pay, Rude Customers
Cashier
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingsford, MIJanuary 18, 2018
I worked as a cashier and I learned how to use the cash register. I also worked on the sales floor and put out new items and restocked. Also refolded clothes and helped customers find what they needed.
If I Would Have Taken This Job Seriously...
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 18, 2018
I may have eventually made it something successful. This job was walking distance from my apartment, which made it convenient. But I had to resign because I had to move to Tennessee to help care for my aging father. :(
Pros
Employee discount, scheduled breaks
Cons
None that I can think of right now
ShopKo is a good place to work.
Part-Time Optician in Training (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, IDJanuary 18, 2018
The enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
A typical day at work is verifying appointments and pulling files for the next day, screening people, and filing.
Pros
One pro is meeting new people.
Cons
One con is that my hours have been cut.
Poor management and had no communication
Apparel Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIJanuary 16, 2018
I originally took up this job when I started college. It started out alright, but when my manager up and quit we had to wait a good 3 months for another one to arrive. And boy was he terrible. Had two weekends off in the whole year I worked there and there were employees there that have been working there for 10+ years and have never seen any type of raise or promotion. Worst job ever.
Great group of people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mobridge, SDJanuary 16, 2018
Fast and fun place to work, always something to do. Never a dull moment! If I didn't move back to Arizona I would still be working with the company. There was always a good vibe going to work. We had the best group of employees, everyone was always so easy to work with, we always had things to do. I enjoyed working with all the people at the Mobridge Location.
Pros
Great bunch of people
Cons
Having to move
My time working at Shopko
Cashier /Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OR 97408January 15, 2018
I enjoyed my experiences working at Shopko and would have stayed, after seasonal was done,but many applied and only 1-2 positions was available. I was told to re-apply during next seasonal, if available. I haven't worked since 2001 and got trained at Shopko, everyone was nice and very helpful, no matter how many times you needed help.
Pros
friendly staff, flexible schedules, discounts
Cons
wanted more hours and to conitnue past seasonal
enjoy working here
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJanuary 15, 2018
They are accomodating on schedule for students and individuals with other occupations. Other employees are friendly and helpful. I enjoy being trained on new things regularly. I look forward to being cross-trained in other departments. In a retail environment, the pay is low and the benefits are minimal. The most enjoyable part of the job is the regular customers--they become almost a second family.
Shopko too many tasks and not enough time to complete.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, MIJanuary 15, 2018
Shopko had too many tasks too do and not enough time to do them. There payroll was never enough for the tasks for employees to complete so management would have to finish. Not a good work life balance.
awfull, stressful.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 15, 2018
while working at ShopKo I was just thrown into the cash register, I had no prior training, they paid minimum wage. The managers are always "too busy" to help with a rude customer. They never answered when I called them for help and I would get in trouble for not helping enough customers when my screen was frozen due to me needing a manager. very poor work place.
Pros
expireance
Cons
bad pay, poor managment, no hours
desent
Sales Floor Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 13, 2018
The work here was fairly good. Sometimes busy others not so busy. Nice people, good atmosphere. Everything at night time before we closed had to be faced and perfect.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
rude people
Not enough hours
Customer Service Representative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIJanuary 12, 2018
U dont get enough hours and they choose favorites. Cant get enough hours but yet they keep hiring people and will not give the ones there the time they need
It was nice
Merchandise Associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Rothschild, WIJanuary 12, 2018
Working at Shopko was nice but was afraid of to ask for help by getting around because I was told not to ask certain people because I bothered them for asking where a simple item goes.
place where work is expected to happen
Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  Nephi, UTJanuary 10, 2018
there is little to give the sense of a friendly work place for the teammates. the store is based around the costumers and there are hardly ever any costumers.
I was not very happy toward the end.
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJanuary 10, 2018
I was not very happy toward the end of the time that I was working at Shopko for multiple reasons hours was just one of them. Safety or rather lack there of was another at times.
Productive Workplace
I assist customers on the sales floor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJanuary 10, 2018
It was a fast paced environment with customer service. The management was terrible and I was told my pay per hour when I started and it changed by a penny without me knowing
Pros
Discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ShopKo. Our community is ready to answer.