ShopKo

ShopKo Employer Reviews

I am hard worker I do like to have fun on the job when I work I do like to smile us we'll is work my days goes faster.
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEOctober 15, 2014
I am a helpful to teammate I like to work hard.
I learned great experience from the first I walked in for some one never worked at retail it was a great journey I did learned cashier ,learned how to work in soft line how to find merchandise from the back some time we called out the other store to find what customer wants and being at customer service disk help me be very close intention to what they want how to unswear calls us wells help the customer in front of me did the return helped sell warrant at one point we had Visa card had to help customer to sign up for them.
I did drive sales in any deportment that I was involved .
Management is great every ones happy to have me in their team.
My co-workers are the good we all play special roll to help each other a lot team work.
Most the time when we great the new management for them it's learning experience but for us is job need to be teak in care of the job how to have my merchandise on the floor how is the best way to easy access to customer you can do what you use to do until the new management their learning proses done you will be back to your routine.
Holiday when we have more staff and more customer in the building you get to help everyone to the best of your knowledge
fun and hardworking
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Riverdale, UTOctober 13, 2014
finding things and helping out customers is hard but worth there smiles
Prodcutive work place, friendly atmosphere
Cash Office Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: light to medium office work in morning and in the afternoon, helping customers on the sales floor with whatever their needs were.
Cons: not enough time provided in cash office, not enough training given for price accuracy duties.
A typical day at work involved at Shopko started in the cash office where I calculated each check out drawer to be ready for the day. Then I would take the amounts of last nights earnings and calculate those and send them to corporate head quarters. The second half of the shift was spent on the sales floor auditing prices for each section of wares.
No room for advancement, poor management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Newaygo, MIOctober 4, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short breaks, poor management, very corporate run
Being customer service, you are the first and last impression of the store for everyone that comes in. Customers are the majority of the people that you see and talk to all day. I do not mind at all talking with people and helping them out and giving them a good experience. I learned the importance of a cashier in a store and just how big of a role that they play, and i also gained an entirely new respect for cashiers and customer service workers anywhere. The management was more so what I had an issue with. It is very unprofessional and very hypocritical, which I and many other co-workers were not happy about. Also the store was very corporate run. It seemed like every single thing had to be run by them. For example, theft became very high for a particular product. Instead of doing something immediately to stop it, the manager had to call corporate and make sure that it was okay to put anit-theft systems on the product which took almost another week and essentially losing the company more money due to the theft that still went on while waiting for a response. My co-workers are awesome, I loved working with every single one of them which made the job that much better. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with rude customers only because sometimes they were so rude that they made you feel worthless and as if you had no idea what you were even doing. The most enjoyable job though was also the customers. I loved being that one person that might have been the only person that that customer had talked to all day, or making someones day by saying hello and asking how they were doing. I don't mind being just someone that they can talk to. I liked being the person that could give that lasting impression about the organization, and talking with the customers enough to build a relationship with them in the aspect of wanting to come back and knowing the regular shoppers.
great place to work at
Apparel Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes
Cons: pay, discount
Helped in apparel with dressing rooms, return rack and straightened the floor. Helped with jewerly and cashier when needed.
Great work environment, great staff.
Mark- Manager (Former Employee), Taylorsville, UTSeptember 29, 2014
Loved to come to work, great hours and pay. never had a hard time getting along in a new environment, everyone was very helpful learned new things every day.
Great environment and nice people
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Abbotsford, WISeptember 25, 2014
Pros: lunches and co-workers
Cons: pay
Pretty easy job with good hours. Treat every customer with respect and Be happy
Fast paced and Diverse
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Helena, MTSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: fast paced, every day is different, always on the move
Cons: low pay, no breaks
I begin my day by counting the safe and imputing the closing counts into the system. I then investigate any variances that we may have. I prepare the deposits and put the money in all the registers. I water all of the flowers and open the store.I spend the day assisting customers, cashiers, and any other teammate or department that may need it. I have learned to be flexible and to manage my time well. The hardest part of my job must be customers who are impossible to please, when they don't want help, they just want to complain. I have learned that these people just want to be heard and while they may be difficult, it is my duty to treat them with courtesy and respect. I love fixing problems, of knowing that I have contributed to the positive outcome gives me great satisfaction.
Enjoyable workplace, fun environment.
Sales Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Hoopeston, ILSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers, benefits.
Cons: short breaks.
Shopko is a fun place to work, there are always things to do, which makes the time go by fast. Management is fair, and has sound leadership and direction. The hardest part of the job is that there is much to do, some of which is time consuming and hard to fully complete in one shift. The best part is the family-like environment, that makes Shopko a friendly and fun environment.
Shopko
Optician (Former Employee), Walla Walla, WASeptember 17, 2014
Working as an optician at Shopko was great. The store I worked at was in a small town so we didn't stay busy, often. Coming from a bigger city made that kind of difficult for me because I was used to always having to work fast. But that aside, I loved my coworkers and the Doctor. It was nice working in something more professional.
A Retail Store
Stocker/Return Specialist (Former Employee), Wichita, KansasSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: store closed
Unload trucks put away freight. Collect up freight and return it to the main store. Do inventory. Work with customers.
Great crew and workplace that is very flexable
Customer Service Specialist and Loss prevention (Former Employee), Marquette MichiganSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: very flexible schedules and great coworkers
Cons: benefits aren't the greatest
Daily duties included keeping the store stocked and clean and assisting customers on the phone and in the store. I learned what great customer service is and how a business functions. Management was supportive and helpful. Coworkers were fun and helpful. There really were no hard parts to the job. Occasionally you will get a difficult customer. The most enjoyable part was getting to work with great people and organizing the store/keeping it straightened as I'm an extremely organized person.
Productive sales
Autopuller (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Customer relations and service, sales increase.Positive relations with co-workers, help customers with problems, Good hours to work.
Supervise employees at a retail store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Eugene, ORAugust 29, 2014
Pros: having a lot of interaction with others
Cons: heavy merchandise
Making all merchandise is out on the sales floor in all departments.
Working with all employees and the customers interactions were great.
Ordering all merchandise in the store.
Interaction with others.
Review of Shopko
G.M SALESFLOOR/BACKROOM STOCKER (Former Employee), Caldwell, IDAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of stocking items, helping customers, and acting as a backup cashier. I learned that there are many ways to get through a day, even if it seems boring. My manager and coworkers were pretty productive, but they did their job as I did mine. The hardest part of my job was getting up at 4am, but the most enjoyable was meeting new people.
Retail
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Monmouth, ILAugust 9, 2014
I would run the entire front end of the store sometimes wearing two hats as the service desk worker and a key carrying customer service specialist. I received a couple years of great work experience and managed to always keep a steady flow of customers. I eventually left because there were not enough hours to go around.
Salesfloor
Sales floor Teammate (Former Employee), Monmouth, ILAugust 6, 2014
Unloaded freight. Stocked shelves. Helped customers find products they needed and sold them extra products.
Would be a fun and enjoyable place to work at
Assisant Manger (Former Employee), Livingston Mt.August 5, 2014
Pros: can get dicounts on clothes
Cons: short breaks sort lunch
I like the store good qulatiy of shoes and good brand of clothes for everyone, the workers are nice to everyone. Theirs a good perdenall their.
Good Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and we get some breaks
Cons: not enough pay and not many benefits
A typical work day was amazing. I get to work with some amazing people and I love to serve the customers. The environment at Shopko is very peaceful, there is no drama and everybody seems happy.
Working the service desk and helping other parts of the store
Customer Service (Current Employee), Ogden, UTJuly 30, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: mean customers
Atypical day at work was helping customer find what they were looking for. I learned that customers were not always right. Management is always there to help and great to work with. The coworkers are a great team to work with. The hardest part of my job is dealing with angry customers. I enjoy most is the people I work with.

About ShopKo

Shopko is a $3 Billion company with over 18,000 teammates. In the retail and retail health business for more than 50 years, we – Read more