ShopKo Employee Reviews

Shopko Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 6, 2017
I did not work at Shopko Pharmacy for very long. I picked up the job to earn some money while going to school, but needed to focus on graduating from respiratory school and I knew that I was going to be moving to Omaha after graduation. Nothing bad to say about the facility. I really enjoyed the Pharmacist that I worked for and I feel that I did learn a lot regarding different medications, their indications and side effects.
Not much for advancement
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIApril 5, 2017
Use to work for Shopko but quite due to poor management, hardly any ability to advance in the job. Barely paid above minimum wage. The back room of the store would either be freezing cold or excessively hot and humid. Plus several of the gondolas don't work and you have to push them manually. They also don't train you very well. They will give you one maybe two days of training and then expect you to know what you're doing and your schedule revolves around when the freight truck arrives for the week.
Pros
okay employee discount
Cons
Not flexible scheduling, inconsistent schedule, poor management
Managed well
Customer Service Teammate (Former Employee) –  Cresco, IAApril 4, 2017
Management works well with staff, performing many of the same tasks along with their own. Scheduling is a challenge, work availability is not taken into account with scheduling hours. Schedule isn't available until Thursday afternoon for the immediate following Sunday, so you don't know until late Thursday if you have to work Sunday. Cannot make weekend plans not knowing work schedule.
Pros
Excellent management interaction with employees
Cons
scheduling availability and timing
a fun place to work
GM (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 4, 2017
I got this part time job to change a career and to activate my work EAD card. I like it and it is a fun job but I think its not suitable for me and I can not express my sales and commercial skills.
Okay Place to Work
General Merchandise Sales Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNApril 3, 2017
Never a dull moment. There was always something to do. If you like staying busy, being on your feet all day (or night) and being micro-managed, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Good Benefits, Employee Discount, Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Short Breaks, Micro-management
Friendly workplace.
Warehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDApril 3, 2017
Being given the responsibility to maintain stock levels in store and storage of all back stock inventory. Being able to assist customers on location and use of products.
Would be way better with better managers and better pay.
Minnesota Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 2, 2017
I've had to deal with a lot working there from managers scheduling me at times that I couldn't work at. I get called while in school a lot to see if I can come in and when I can't they get really mad about it.
Pros
co-workers are decent.
Cons
Managers don't care about personal lives or school.
Fun work place
Truck Unloader supervisor (Former Employee) –  KalispellApril 2, 2017
I like working there u do your job and u go home at end of your day than you go back on your next shift and do it all over again and work on other things they give you to do
Okay place to work.
Apparel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sussex, WIMarch 29, 2017
Very little training was provided. There were times where I had to do something knew but they had not taught me how to do it. The people I worked with directly were very nice and hard working but the managers seemed to care less about working with or getting to know their employees.
Don't do it
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Delavan, WIMarch 28, 2017
Never get raises. If you can't work nights and weekends they will cut your hours to part time. Management doesn't take responsibility enough as they should. Good luck doing anything besides cashiering, cause most of the techs don't like getting the counter.
Pros
Nice customers.
Cons
No raises
Pharmacy
Staff Pharmacist/Interim Pharmacist in Charge (Current Employee) –  Ida Grove, IAMarch 28, 2017
Small town pharmacy where your opinion is valued by not only patients but also the local medical professionals.
Friendly atmosphere where patients get to know you and you get to know your patients on a personal level.
Not the store it once was
Price Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTMarch 27, 2017
Shopko used to be a destination location for many categories, with a high-level of customer service. The average store would have nearly 200 employees. Not any more - you are lucky if you can find an employee beyond a Service Desk person or one cashier.
Pros
Entry into management is available and fairly easy to achieve
Cons
Pay
Great place to work if you are in college or high school
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 27, 2017
Shopko isn't a place I would choose for a long career but it's ok to get through college. Management fluctuates, how well you do depends on how well you relate to or work with any given manager. They're spread pretty thin in most stores so you deal mostly with front-line supervisors. Hardest part of the job is the holidays and dealing with angry customers, most enjoyable part of the job are the good people who work there and the nice customers you can help.
Pros
very flexible scheduling
Cons
very demanding
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIMarch 27, 2017
Good place to work. Plenty of opportunities to move up in the company. Enjoyed providing customer service to customers and making them happy. Good variety of positions to work in the company.
Good people to work with, no hours after holidays
GM Stocker (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMarch 25, 2017
Typical retail position. Most of the employees are awesome to work with - makes the job easier. Store needs some price scanners to keep customers from bugging you every five minutes.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Few hours
Not very well ran
Shopko (Former Employee) –  Rawlins, WYMarch 24, 2017
I worked here in high school, and they could not work with my schedule at all. They were very rude, and tried scheduling me during my school hours, then said I had no choice but to go in.
ABOC Optician
Optician ABOC (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 24, 2017
Shopko was a very nice to work and good commissions when sales were good. I loved working with all the people, never the same. Fast paced on most days, so days went quickly.
How working at shopko was a benefit
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 22, 2017
I loved working at shopko, the employees and management were great. I loved helping out all the customers too and being able to learn about the new products that came in. The hardest part of the job would probably be stocking the shelves because some of the shelves were not very sturdy and some of the came off the hinges.
Pros
Learning new inventory on a daily basis
Great place if you are looking to move up throughout the carrer
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grafton, NDMarch 22, 2017
Very fun yet busy job to work at. The store manager is a very reasonable person. Whether it be with running a little late or not getting everything you hould have gotten done, done. I would recommend the job to anyone
Corporate defines insanity
Price Accuracy Supervisor/CSS (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMarch 22, 2017
The Rapid City crew is wonderful and like a family. The corporate environment is the definition of insanity continuing to utilize processes and policies that have been proven to fail to work and acting as if they are new ideas.
Pros
Great family like environment
Cons
Micromanagement from corporate