ShopKo

ShopKo Employer Reviews

Great people, bad work place
Seasonal Specialist (Former Employee), Watertown, WIMay 22, 2014
I worked for Shopko for 4 years. They have a great staff working under them, but didn't know how to treat employees. It was not the assistant managers, but the store manager.
Fun and active place to work
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Bellevue, NEMay 16, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
fun and friendly place to work. employment makes your day fun yet challenging
Friendly coworkers
CASHIER (Current Employee), Dubuque IAMay 16, 2014
I feel like the people are overall friendly to work with but that there is too much emphasis on sales and not enough recognition for accomplishments. Employees feel rather unappreciated.
Job sucked
Cashier (Former Employee), Sandy, UTMay 14, 2014
hated management coworkers were fake and clearance items was the hardest part of the jon
Fast paced and friendly.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), De Pere, WIMay 13, 2014
When I first started as a cashier I was trained on the job. From there on I learned also everything there is to know about customer service. I feel that Shopko is a better place to work than our competitors. Almost everyone I work with is friendly. Shopko also has some decent benefits.
produtivie work place and fun to work with co workers
Apparel sales associate (Former Employee), mitchell sdMay 7, 2014
Pros: flexiable with hrs
Cons: n/a
On a typical work day I would put freight out onto the floor and assist with the dressing rooms. Everyday I learned something new anything from making room for new items, price changing and making new planograms. The management was great always could go up to them with any question we had. The co-workers were also great to work with we worked together – more... on dressing rooms and freight if needed. Everyday was overall quite easy just have to get it organized. I just loved to put freight out and organize the tables and racks. – less
Fun night job
Overnight Freight (Former Employee), Riverdale, UTApril 30, 2014
I learned a lot about retail & shipping and receiving products into a warehouse.
Fun people, rude management
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Boise, IDApril 24, 2014
Shopko is full of managers who do not see potential in employees and do not promote them
Great First Job
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Dwight, ILApril 22, 2014
I felt welcomed at this Store.
The management was very open and easy to work with.
I learned a lot about shipping and receiving at this position
Sales Floor Lead/Freight Lead (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNApril 15, 2014
I quickly moved up from a part-time freight team member to the acting supervisor. I learned a lot about the operations behind incoming and outgoing freight.
the worst place ive ever worked at
GM Specialist (Former Employee), Sussex, WIApril 14, 2014
Very poor management, poor pay, no appreciation for the workers
Good experience with team and independent work.
Apparel Team mate (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 12, 2014
There was more independent assignments but at the end of the day the whole team comes together as one and helps each other out. The managers were always on duty and would always be near by or one call away. A struggle about the job was being able to finish your assignment by the end of each night whether there is a lot of clothes to be put back or not. – more... Otherwise, Shopko was a great place and fun experience. I enjoyed working my team mates and I appreciate how the managers were very understandable. – less
Wonderful group of People to work with
GM Floor Supervisor/Mgr (Current Employee), Monona WIApril 10, 2014
Atmosphere is one of light but serious work ethic. When the work is needed to get done the team pulls together and gets things done.
Everyone truly cares about each other and respects each other.
Great first Job
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIApril 6, 2014
Pros: worked well with school
Cons: not enough hours
I was in customer service so I cashiered and service desk. Helped to solve problems and learned leadership skills
hated it
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), West Jordan,UtApril 5, 2014
mostly the reason i didn't like it was the management they dont appreciate anything you do but since i have worked there a lot of things have changed
Terrible
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDApril 1, 2014
Understaffed and horrible. Never able to finish all tasks assigned and unpredictable hours.
Fun and friendly place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Marquette, MIMarch 30, 2014
Pros: free coffee.
My day involved either opening or closing the store along with the managers. Writing the schedule for the day for the front end team, then overseeing the cashiers and service desk. I was in charge of keeping the proper change in the registers, getting change from the safe as needed. I enjoyed working with the managers. They were very professional and – more... friendly. I loved my co-workers. We worked hard but had a lot of fun doing it. The hardest part of the job was giving correction to the cashiers when needed. Everyone makes mistakes, and it was part of my job to show them where they made them and how to fix this. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public, getting to know the customers by name, and working in a place that had a family atmosphere. – less
Good, homely place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Menasha, WIMarch 22, 2014
Pros: customer service
Cons: schedule conflicts
Loved working at Shopko in the retail pharmacy. We had about five different technicians on at one time and we all rotated within the pharmacy. Of course there was drama, but like I said before, just don't be part of it.
My favorite part would be my customers and my least favorite would have to be the schedule. It was hard to work around my school hours – more... and Shopko, at that time, wasn't flexible to work around it. – less
Family and personal life friendly.
sales associate (Former Employee), Mankato, MNMarch 20, 2014
Pros: friendly work enviornment
Cons: benifts were lacking
you work a typical 8 hour work day interacting with and helping the customer. management was top notch and co-workers were friendly.
productive
cashier (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 16, 2014
Pros: co workers and customers
Cons: benifits
I was a cashier and a sales floor associate at shopko. I loved working on the sales floor and keeping things organized, and being able to help others find things. The people that I worked with where amazing, and when I needed help they were always there to help me.