Shoply Labs – a vibrant tech start-up located near Columbus, Ohio – is currently building a dynamic, digital dream team as we prepare to launch our company’s flagship mobile application: Shoply. It’s an integrated shopping app (for iPhone and Android) that will store and organize everything you need for checkout – all in one place.
Shoply’s core mission is to free users of the clutter of paper coupons, while simplifying the in-store checkout experience and maximizing savings through personalized deals.
We want to create a magical shopping experience in which users can reap big discounts with minimal effort. And that’s where you come in!
Shoply is looking for a part-time content editor/curator who has an exceptional eye for quality and a passion for digital communication, smartphones and coupons. This is a paid ($11 per hour) part-time position that will require you to work at least 20 hours per week, sometimes more when the workload requires.
Are you a sale-sniffing bloodhound who always knows where to find the best retail deals? Do you love to shop and hunt for bargains? Do you have a knack for writing snappy one-liners and picking out grammatical mistakes? If this description fits you like a bedazzled glove, we’d love to hear from you!
Content Curator Responsibilities:
- Review, edit, and approve all coupon content uploaded to content curator portal. This includes reviewing app content for grammatical, spelling, and image editing errors.
- Crop, resize and edit corresponding coupon/retailer images in Photoshop
- Manually source and upload coupons/deals/sales from major retailers
- Write brief, yet creative descriptions to accompany deals and coupons
- Monitor competition’s content, cross-reference Shoply content against the competition's and identify gaps in coverage
- Work hand-in-hand with Director of Content & Communications to ensure blog and social media posts showcase the best deals and steals from the Shoply app
- No college degree is required, but current college students (especially those majoring in English, Communication, or Marketing) are strongly encouraged to apply
- Some experience with Photoshop, Excel and web-based content management systems
- Basic understanding of iPhone/Android applications and digital content production
- Strong writing and grammatical skills required
- Excellent organization, communication, and time management skills
- High energy and positive attitude, with the ability to self-organize and adapt in a fast-paced environment. Must be extremely detail-oriented.
- Experience in fashion or retail is a plus, but not required
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please submit:
- A creative portfolio or a writing sample; or a cover letter that details the relevant skills you bring to the table, as well as a description of the last time you snagged an amazing deal while shopping.
- An updated professional resume
Shoply Labs, LLC is a vibrant tech start-up, headquartered in Dublin, OH. The company is behind the development of Shoply, a mobile savings...