Shoppa's Material Handling Employee Reviews

Quick paced
National Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 5, 2017
A typical day at work consisted vehicle management, ordering, processing orders, inventory, bids packets, etc. I learned to be extremely organized as my work load was not only with Shoppa's, but a parent company, Integrity Design, owned by the CEO's cousin. Upper management was great, but the local manager was out of line a number of times. The hardest part of the job was handling two job roles and balancing both of those positions. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management, but I understand that individual was terminated from that position. The most enjoyable part of the job was the industry travel for trade shows and the opportunity to use my creative photography skills.
Benefits
Cool place so far
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Been at Shoppas a little over a month now. So far everything has been great. So glad I choose to work here. It seem like they like to promote from within so advancement opportunities will most likely present themselves over time. The company also appears to be growing very quickly too.
Pros
Helpful, supportive co-workers, high growth rate
Cons
Some departments are extremely disorganized
Shoppas Material Handling
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I liked the people who work at Shoppas, but moving up was very difficult. If you are one of the employees the owner liked, he would do everything for you.
Great Product, not so good working environment
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2017
As the receptionist, I was the first to receive calls. I received a lot of complaints. Especially when it came to the company paying the bills. Also, other employees would come to me daily to complain about their bosses or co-workers. I know they were just venting, but I've never worked at a company that had so many unhappy employees. It became depressing after a while. I do not regret leaving this company.
Pros
Great Product
Cons
Negative working environment
Political and stressful
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXMay 10, 2017
Not a place I would recommend unless management changed. Clanish type work environment and lots of favoritism under current management also including racially charged work enviroment.
Pros
Service Truck with fuel card
Cons
Politics and Favoritism
Family owned business
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Family owned with great culture. Owner is hands on yet allows the department managers to operate their respective units with accountability for same.
Pros
family culture
Cons
growing pains
Awesome growing company!
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 4, 2016
One of the many benefits of working at Shoppa's Material Handling is the people you get to work with! Great culture, benefits and this industry is almost RECESSION proof! As long as you do your job, have a good attitude and no attendance issues... you can advance and finish your career with Shoppa's!
Dispatching had its rewards
Dispatch-Coordinator/Customer service (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXOctober 11, 2015
The company has been in business for about 15 years and offers services on a variety of off road equipment as well as golf carts. As a dispatcher, there were many trials to overcome and I enjoyed working with many of the field technicians. They really work hard and I worked ardently to help keep them busy even in the slow season. I enjoyed the challenges that each rendered.
Pros
nights and weekends off
Cons
N/a
Productive and fast pace company with excellent employees.
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 27, 2014
Developed close and personal relationships with clients to ensure customer loyalty and retention. Ensured the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction. Acquired an expertise in customer service and "closing the sale".
enjoyable pace to work
Lead shop Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 17, 2014
My co-workers and I enjy the comraderie and we are able to work at wn pace
Pros
cell phone and company vehicle provided
Cons
healthcare
Friendly and challenging work environment
Office Manager and Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 22, 2012
Co-workers very easy to work alongside. However, on a corporate level-very out of touch. While benefits are offered, the employee cost for health insurance was outrageous. Found out after I resigned Shoppa's did not pay any of the insurance premiums, the entire cost was passed down to the employee