Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews in United States

shoppers drug mart
stocking shevlers (Former Employee) –  1500 avenue road lawenceJune 29, 2016
working hard getting alot of stuff done
puting stuf ontoo the shevles geting it done
be happy where start you co-op fun beacuse

you make new friends at work talk to them

at lunch about work other stuff too

keep on learng every day learn somthing new

nice peaple work work at shoppers did it for 2 years
2014 to 2015
Pros
12 30 am
Cons
430 afternoon go home
Amazing staff and fun work place
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Brooks, KYNovember 12, 2015
Most days I would get to help customers with Makeup or skincare products. You get to meet a lot of interesting people and I earned quite a few skills.
Pros
30% discount, free product
Cons
No plan for part time
work place is coperative and respectful with lot of thing to learn,
Front store supervisor (Former Employee) –  northyorkNovember 14, 2011
I got lot of support and they give open environment for my further progress. I learn lot about inventory and management. With working over here i learn how to react in stress environment.
Cons
great benefits
fast paced enviroment allowing for a productive day
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 16, 2012
a typical day at work consisted of filling Rx while assuring med accuracy and educating and assisting customers with med intake. I learned no one is invinsable from disease and sickness and accept people as they are. The owner/ manager was a good man and was very fare. My co-workers at the time were more like family we all got along great. The hardest part of my job was redundance. The most enjoyable was knowing your schedule from week to week and allowing for me to have work/ life balance but most of all the people I met while working there.
Pros
free lunch and work/life balance and co workers
Cons
health insurance too expensive
Varies depending on the management
Pharmacy Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Langford, BC; Sooke, BC; Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2012
I have worked for 4 different stores. I left the first because of bad management. One of Shopper's cons is that their policy seems to allow frequent scheduling changes without notifying the employees. Good managers do not do this and I have not had problems with the other 3 stores. If you get a good manager, Shoppers is a great place to work for. However, the cooperation headquarters likes to pass down lots of money-saving policies that most often leave you short-handed and inconvenienced.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
some strange policies, too many deal and events to keep track of
Enjoyable people, lack of hours.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Downsview, Lower SackvilleMay 5, 2015
I was hired on with Shoppers are a school work term for my Co-Op program. I maintained consistent shifts until my hours were cut due to lack of hours that i could be given. It was unfortunate because i had quit my previous job on the notion that I would have a job until something new came along. Otherwise I enjoyed my working experience. I got know new people and understand another side to a new business.
Pros
Optimum Point Card
Cons
Short Breaks
Hard to get a hold of management
cashier (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, OnDecember 13, 2011
Requested a letter stating the reason I was let go so I can apply for disability benefits and was refused.
Fun place to work
FRONT STORE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Saddletowne CircleApril 30, 2015
Working environment is very productive and friendly. Co-workers are very cooperative and enthusiastic. it's a fun place to work.
mail clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OHJune 5, 2013
Early in the morning, it's time to log in to the computers. Got to be ready with an all day smile for the customers; it always makes things easier specially when a complaining customer came my way. I was able to help him with his lost parcel by calling the right person who can follow up the said item for him . Always being nice, hardworking and respectful are the keys to nice relationships with my co workers. The most challenging part is trying to appease an angry customer and the most rewarding part is when a customer goes away from me with a happy smile.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Professional Sales Environment.
COSMETIC MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONApril 8, 2013
Professional sales environment. Corporate office had a good
support system, but at times sales projections were difficult
to meet. I had a good sales team and enjoyed my sales
career with them.
Great Rewards
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Shoppers Drug Mart has been very accommodating to my busy school schedule. As a cosmetician, I am rewarded for my online training and commission sales. I am always told when I am doing great, and have had many positive customer reviews and feedback. Its a great team environment, and great point reward program.
A company that lets you grow as a person in the workforce.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 7, 2013
A typical day at Shoppers Drug Mart was never the same. Each customer brings different needs and wants and my job was to meet every one of their needs quickly and efficiently.
I loved the closeness of working with my clients and making them happy. And the best part was when they returned time after time to specifically find me and ask for my help and advice.
We all worked as a team in Shoppers Drug Mart even though there were definite different areas of the store i.e.: pharmacy, cosmetics. grocery etc.
Pros
20% discounts
Cons
none...i loved my job!!!
I valued my work in ShoppersDrug mart at Sundrige mall. They are nice to me. I work hard and all supervisors valued and recognized my effort.
Beaty Expert (Current Employee) –  Sunridge Mall, Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2012
My cosmetic manager is a menthor to me. The schedule and organization of my boss is excellent. It felt good to work with people like my boss and I am quiet inspired to learn more things everyday.
Pros
gratis from cosmetics, and trainings from different cosmetics.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONNovember 28, 2013
Great company to work for if you have the great staff in the location to help you out. Would work for this company again! Only left due to move.

My only issue was summer students were taking back hours after not being around for 8 months.
Pros
great variety of skills to be learnt
Cons
students holding onto jobs when graduates could be taking over.
Very productive, professional, reliable work place.
Pharmacy/ Dispensiary assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Ontario (Oxford and hyde park)January 3, 2012
I love the store I was at, the atmosphere and co-workers were amazing and awesome to work with. The clients/patients were amazing and over all it was a very nice and educational experience for me.
Pros
very open and honest with each other.
Cons
short notice on termination of employment
All co worker were all for them selves (NO TEAM WORK)
Customer service (Former Employee) –  TorontoNovember 18, 2011
Shoppers do not take care of their employees you are basically on your own, there is no motivation at this particular store that i worked for, there was no appreciation for the work or situations that an employee would incurred.
Pros
too short lunches
Cons
have to work on your breaks
Shoppers Drug Market started my career
COSMETICS MANAGER / INTERIM STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GADecember 3, 2013
offered many courses to improve your skills
always a good challenge on day to day execution
great team support
Pros
working with a great team
Cons
short lunches and inventory
well organized and growing buisness
Photo Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBMarch 14, 2013
what I've learned at shoppers drug mart is how o deal with anything that can come up from error tills to unhappy customers, staying focused and dealing with each situation as they rise up. Multitasking and to stop and resume work when needed.
great place to work and move up into management
Merchandiser/Receiver/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCSeptember 2, 2013
Receiving, merchandising, placing orders, customer service, cash including returns , lotto and pharmacy experience.
Pros
good discounts and holiday pay
Cons
long hrs and short breaks
Sdm
Senior infrastructure specialist/VMware Eng (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 9, 2014
highly dynamic work environment with very well structured IT department.
Cons
project based

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location