SHOPPERS DRUG MART

SHOPPERS DRUG MART Employer Reviews

Shoppers Drug Market started my career
COSMETICS MANAGER / INTERIM STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, GADecember 3, 2013
Pros: working with a great team
Cons: short lunches and inventory
offered many courses to improve your skills
always a good challenge on day to day execution
great team support
Merchandiser (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: great variety of skills to be learnt
Cons: students holding onto jobs when graduates could be taking over.
Great company to work for if you have the great staff in the location to help you out. Would work for this company again! Only left due to move.

My only issue was summer students were taking back hours after not being around for 8 months.
It's the #1 leading Drugstore/Cosmetics/Grocery in Canada
Beauty Boutique Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, Ontario CanadaNovember 19, 2013
Pros: #1 optimum points card in canada
Cons: short break
servicing new/repeat customers on a daily basis, building on a friendly customer relationships, coach/mentor staff on sales objectives for the year, period sales, weekly sales, and daily sales targets. Meet different vendor representatives for store visits on promotions, sales results and up coming school/training for staff.
Maintaining schedules request – more... to satisfy staff.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendships built on repeated customer service!!! – less
great place to work and move up into management
Merchandiser/Receiver/Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: good discounts and holiday pay
Cons: long hrs and short breaks
Receiving, merchandising, placing orders, customer service, cash including returns , lotto and pharmacy experience.
Not an ordinary office job
Category Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2013
Workload is stressful but there's perks and special events that balances the work.
Professional Sales Environment.
COSMETIC MANAGER (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 8, 2013
Professional sales environment. Corporate office had a good
support system, but at times sales projections were difficult
to meet. I had a good sales team and enjoyed my sales
career with them.
well organized and growing buisness
Photo Department Manager (Former Employee), Brandon, MBMarch 14, 2013
what I've learned at shoppers drug mart is how o deal with anything that can come up from error tills to unhappy customers, staying focused and dealing with each situation as they rise up. Multitasking and to stop and resume work when needed.
A company that lets you grow as a person in the workforce.
Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: 20% discounts
Cons: none...i loved my job!!!
A typical day at Shoppers Drug Mart was never the same. Each customer brings different needs and wants and my job was to meet every one of their needs quickly and efficiently.
I loved the closeness of working with my clients and making them happy. And the best part was when they returned time after time to specifically find me and ask for my help and – more... advice.
We all worked as a team in Shoppers Drug Mart even though there were definite different areas of the store i.e.: pharmacy, cosmetics. grocery etc. – less
learning experiance
Pharmacist (Former Employee), HAMILTON, ONMarch 20, 2012
I was trained by other staff very well so that can perform my job duties very well.
Good company to work for the management team appreciates all input
Supervisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 19, 2012
Pros: employee discount
Cons: long hours, hard to get breaks when you are a supervisor
management team listens to input and gives feed back on your opinions
friendly environment
Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2012
Shoppers was a really good part time and full time job during the summer. Now that I am commencing my first co-op term for university I am searching for a job that will use my experiences in both my previous jobs and school background.
It was a fun place to work!
Cashier at the Market Mall Location (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2012
I actually enjoyed working at Shoppers Drug Mart. The people were fun to work with, and the customers were generally nice to the employees.

Unfortunately, I am too literal, and wouldn't give the customers over the limit on sale items. Management had told me that there was a certain limit people could buy at one time, and then would turn right around – more... and tell me otherwise. I don't work like that. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Jane/WilsonMarch 12, 2012
Work for Shoppers Drug Mart many years, learned alot great place to work.
marketing
Pharmacy assistant as trainee (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 11, 2012
Pros: all most all facilities
Cons: health insurance
I was as a Marketing representative in this of anti biotic medicine.
Average retail environment, room for improvement.
Cosmetician (Current Employee), Vancouver Island, British ColumbiaMarch 7, 2012
Good fellow staff . Corporately controlled environment although privately owned. Strict dress codes, very marginal room for personal tastes. Some operational systems need updating,not limited to but including an on-sales-floor tracking system/software for locating stock in transit. Stores need better signage system - Stick on tags would benefit from – more... label covers to improve longevity and selectively printing off only sales tags needed would improve the high amount of wasted signage. Corporate and store management would also benefit from seeking employee input. Wage is comparable to the current retail job market. More flexible scheduling (shorter and varied shifts) would be helpful for those in school and those whom cannot work until midnight or some of the very late hours that Shoppers is open. Reasonable store cleanliness. Regular security staff needed at this particular location. Expired stock auditing would be a good practice at this store. – less
no hours
merchandiser (Former Employee), mississauga,ontarioFebruary 23, 2012
Pros: enjoyable employees
Cons: no hours
the workplace is pretty nice environment but there are not many hours for part time employees.
Workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), Arnprior, OntarioFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: good staff
Cons: poor manager
Shoppers drug mart is a great chain to work for as long as you have a supportive and lead by example Store Manager.

Franscesca – July 14, 2012

Absolutely Agree - Several members of management have horrendous people relations and practices that go unregulated and therefore, result in turnover.

I valued my work in ShoppersDrug mart at Sundrige mall. They are nice to me. I work hard and all supervisors valued and recognized my effort.
Beaty Expert (Current Employee), Sunridge Mall, Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2012
Pros: gratis from cosmetics, and trainings from different cosmetics.
My cosmetic manager is a menthor to me. The schedule and organization of my boss is excellent. It felt good to work with people like my boss and I am quiet inspired to learn more things everyday.
Very productive, professional, reliable work place.
Pharmacy/ Dispensiary assistant (Current Employee), London, Ontario (Oxford and hyde park)January 3, 2012
Pros: very open and honest with each other.
Cons: short notice on termination of employment
I love the store I was at, the atmosphere and co-workers were amazing and awesome to work with. The clients/patients were amazing and over all it was a very nice and educational experience for me.
fun place
cashier,post office clerk,merchandiser. (Former Employee), edmonton AB canadaDecember 26, 2011
i felt at home there loved my job and i enjoyed what i did. ii enjoyed meeting new people on a daily basis and making sure when they leave they are happy.

1 2 3 4 5

About SHOPPERS DRUG MART

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more

SHOPPERS DRUG MART Photos