Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employer Reviews

SDM
Senior infrastructure specialist/VMware Eng (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 9, 2014
Cons: project based
highly dynamic work environment with very well structured IT department.
Shoppers Drug Market started my career
COSMETICS MANAGER / INTERIM STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, GADecember 3, 2013
Pros: working with a great team
Cons: short lunches and inventory
offered many courses to improve your skills
always a good challenge on day to day execution
great team support
Merchandiser (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: great variety of skills to be learnt
Cons: students holding onto jobs when graduates could be taking over.
Great company to work for if you have the great staff in the location to help you out. Would work for this company again! Only left due to move.

My only issue was summer students were taking back hours after not being around for 8 months.
great place to work and move up into management
Merchandiser/Receiver/Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: good discounts and holiday pay
Cons: long hrs and short breaks
Receiving, merchandising, placing orders, customer service, cash including returns , lotto and pharmacy experience.
n/a
volunteer/trainee (Former Employee), great lakesJune 13, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
was just a volunteer experience, fun staff, work was interesting
Professional Sales Environment.
COSMETIC MANAGER (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 8, 2013
Professional sales environment. Corporate office had a good
support system, but at times sales projections were difficult
to meet. I had a good sales team and enjoyed my sales
career with them.
well organized and growing buisness
Photo Department Manager (Former Employee), Brandon, MBMarch 14, 2013
what I've learned at shoppers drug mart is how o deal with anything that can come up from error tills to unhappy customers, staying focused and dealing with each situation as they rise up. Multitasking and to stop and resume work when needed.
A company that lets you grow as a person in the workforce.
Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: 20% discounts
Cons: none...i loved my job!!!
A typical day at Shoppers Drug Mart was never the same. Each customer brings different needs and wants and my job was to meet every one of their needs quickly and efficiently.
I loved the closeness of working with my clients and making them happy. And the best part was when they returned time after time to specifically find me and ask for my help and – more... advice.
We all worked as a team in Shoppers Drug Mart even though there were definite different areas of the store i.e.: pharmacy, cosmetics. grocery etc. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Jane/WilsonMarch 12, 2012
Work for Shoppers Drug Mart many years, learned alot great place to work.
I valued my work in ShoppersDrug mart at Sundrige mall. They are nice to me. I work hard and all supervisors valued and recognized my effort.
Beaty Expert (Current Employee), Sunridge Mall, Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2012
Pros: gratis from cosmetics, and trainings from different cosmetics.
My cosmetic manager is a menthor to me. The schedule and organization of my boss is excellent. It felt good to work with people like my boss and I am quiet inspired to learn more things everyday.
Very productive, professional, reliable work place.
Pharmacy/ Dispensiary assistant (Current Employee), London, Ontario (Oxford and hyde park)January 3, 2012
Pros: very open and honest with each other.
Cons: short notice on termination of employment
I love the store I was at, the atmosphere and co-workers were amazing and awesome to work with. The clients/patients were amazing and over all it was a very nice and educational experience for me.
Hard to get a hold of management
cashier (Former Employee), Chelmsford, OnDecember 13, 2011
Requested a letter stating the reason I was let go so I can apply for disability benefits and was refused.
All co worker were all for them selves (NO TEAM WORK)
Customer service (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 18, 2011
Pros: too short lunches
Cons: have to work on your breaks
Shoppers do not take care of their employees you are basically on your own, there is no motivation at this particular store that i worked for, there was no appreciation for the work or situations that an employee would incurred.
work place is coperative and respectful with lot of thing to learn,
Front store supervisor (Former Employee), northyorkNovember 14, 2011
Cons: great benefits
I got lot of support and they give open environment for my further progress. I learn lot about inventory and management. With working over here i learn how to react in stress environment.
fun place to work, very friendly
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 22, 2014
Pros: first to hear about new products
Cons: retail hours
I would greet shoppers as they entered the store, merchandise and have a sales target to meet. I regularly exceeded the sales target and built up a large client base. I would demonstrate different make-up techniques and advise clients of the pros and cons of an array of cosmetics.
Managing Money, Supervising, Team Leader
Finch and Warden (Current Employee), Warden, FinchDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great team
A typical day at work includes being a back up cashier when it gets busy. Also managing money, book keeping, keeping paperwork neat and organized. Work is a daily learning experience I enjoy working in a friendly environment and it is not hard for me to meet new co-workers and work in a friendly manner. As a supervisor the hardest part of the job is – more... dealing with difficult customers on a daily basis but it's part of the package and when they leave the store satisfied with the service it makes me happy. I enjoy working in a team, I enjoy leading a team on the days and I mostly enjoy meeting new people that come to the store. – less
First Job
Cashier/merchandiser (Former Employee), Hamilton, OnDecember 15, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: seasonal help
Taught me to deal with the public and how to interact on a professional level.
Management was inconsistent and created a rotating door of employment for employees
shoppers drug mart
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2014
Shoppers as a store is very convenient for us..everything is available on urgent bases..overall im a very good customer of shoppers
Loyal Employees but not so much for Owner/Associate
Store Manager (Former Employee), North Bay, ONDecember 10, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: you can be discarded without any reason
I worked here is a store manager(FSM). The staff were dedicated but as a manager you can be used and discarded without any reason by the owner/associate and DMs etc. Even though the store was improving, I was discarded by the owner/associate without any explanation. Very sad because I really started to enjoy working with the great staff and we were – more... getting very positive results. – less
Energetic
Cosmetician (Current Employee), Bolton, ONDecember 5, 2014
Pros: travel, flexibility
Cons: low chance of promotion do to low turn-over/availability of jobs
One of my best career experiences was working at Red Bull Canada! The best memories and experience. Amazing entry level job for young, talented and intelligent women who studies are in business marketing.

The Toronto branch has a team of talented young, fashionable, intelligent X genes that enjoyed culture, music, art, sports and nightlife in Toronto. – more... We traveled as a marketing team for years, grew up and respected as intelligent, young talent.

I wish I still worked there but turn-over was low and talents usually left Red Bull Canada for amazing opportunities (networking) and in similar fields or with competition.

Best Team experience ever! – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more