Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employer Reviews

SDM
Senior infrastructure specialist/VMware Eng (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 9, 2014
Cons: project based
highly dynamic work environment with very well structured IT department.
Shoppers Drug Market started my career
COSMETICS MANAGER / INTERIM STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, GADecember 3, 2013
Pros: working with a great team
Cons: short lunches and inventory
offered many courses to improve your skills
always a good challenge on day to day execution
great team support
Merchandiser (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: great variety of skills to be learnt
Cons: students holding onto jobs when graduates could be taking over.
Great company to work for if you have the great staff in the location to help you out. Would work for this company again! Only left due to move.

My only issue was summer students were taking back hours after not being around for 8 months.
great place to work and move up into management
Merchandiser/Receiver/Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: good discounts and holiday pay
Cons: long hrs and short breaks
Receiving, merchandising, placing orders, customer service, cash including returns , lotto and pharmacy experience.
n/a
volunteer/trainee (Former Employee), great lakesJune 13, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
was just a volunteer experience, fun staff, work was interesting
Professional Sales Environment.
COSMETIC MANAGER (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 8, 2013
Professional sales environment. Corporate office had a good
support system, but at times sales projections were difficult
to meet. I had a good sales team and enjoyed my sales
career with them.
well organized and growing buisness
Photo Department Manager (Former Employee), Brandon, MBMarch 14, 2013
what I've learned at shoppers drug mart is how o deal with anything that can come up from error tills to unhappy customers, staying focused and dealing with each situation as they rise up. Multitasking and to stop and resume work when needed.
A company that lets you grow as a person in the workforce.
Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: 20% discounts
Cons: none...i loved my job!!!
A typical day at Shoppers Drug Mart was never the same. Each customer brings different needs and wants and my job was to meet every one of their needs quickly and efficiently.
I loved the closeness of working with my clients and making them happy. And the best part was when they returned time after time to specifically find me and ask for my help and – more... advice.
We all worked as a team in Shoppers Drug Mart even though there were definite different areas of the store i.e.: pharmacy, cosmetics. grocery etc. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Jane/WilsonMarch 12, 2012
Work for Shoppers Drug Mart many years, learned alot great place to work.
I valued my work in ShoppersDrug mart at Sundrige mall. They are nice to me. I work hard and all supervisors valued and recognized my effort.
Beaty Expert (Current Employee), Sunridge Mall, Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2012
Pros: gratis from cosmetics, and trainings from different cosmetics.
My cosmetic manager is a menthor to me. The schedule and organization of my boss is excellent. It felt good to work with people like my boss and I am quiet inspired to learn more things everyday.
Very productive, professional, reliable work place.
Pharmacy/ Dispensiary assistant (Current Employee), London, Ontario (Oxford and hyde park)January 3, 2012
Pros: very open and honest with each other.
Cons: short notice on termination of employment
I love the store I was at, the atmosphere and co-workers were amazing and awesome to work with. The clients/patients were amazing and over all it was a very nice and educational experience for me.
Hard to get a hold of management
cashier (Former Employee), Chelmsford, OnDecember 13, 2011
Requested a letter stating the reason I was let go so I can apply for disability benefits and was refused.
All co worker were all for them selves (NO TEAM WORK)
Customer service (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 18, 2011
Pros: too short lunches
Cons: have to work on your breaks
Shoppers do not take care of their employees you are basically on your own, there is no motivation at this particular store that i worked for, there was no appreciation for the work or situations that an employee would incurred.
work place is coperative and respectful with lot of thing to learn,
Front store supervisor (Former Employee), northyorkNovember 14, 2011
Cons: great benefits
I got lot of support and they give open environment for my further progress. I learn lot about inventory and management. With working over here i learn how to react in stress environment.
Great experience, good people.
Cashier Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 25, 2014
As a cashier supervisor, and working in customer service, you learn to deal with almost anything a customer can through at you, are able to cover shifts at the drop of a dime, and work under pressure. Overall, the good days win over the bad. Was a great place to work.
the employee was very friendly and support each other when they need.
merchandiser (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 25, 2014
my everyday job in shoppers was to organize the product in shelves, re-stock if needed. greeting and assisting customer at the sametime. i learned how to deal with races. the management was good. my co-workers was very helpful, we are working as a team. the harderst part of being a merchandiser is to lift some heavy boxes. the most enjoyable part of – more... my job was the facing and restocking of products especially if there are new products. – less
i really enjoy working as a pharmacy technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Edson, ABNovember 25, 2014
I enjoyed working for shoppers drug mart. A typical day consisted of busily filling prescriptions, blister packing, making compounds and helping customers. My co-workers were great we all got along pretty well. The hardest part of the job was sometimes how crazily busy it got. The most enjoyable part of my job was blister packing and compounding I just – more... like the technical part of it. – less
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is helping set up the opening of the store. Unpacking items and stocking them in the shelves. I learned a lot in how to deal with customers, like giving them advice and information on what ever they inquire about. The management is very friendly, they make sure that the tasks set out to the merchandisers/cashiers are complete. – more... Every job has its ups and downs, working at shoppers only had its good. – less
Excellent place to work, great staff.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Sydney, NSNovember 24, 2014
Pros: working with people in our community and meeting new people through customer service.
Cons: shift work
Working in a retail pharmacy can be hectic but staff make each shift enjoyable. Its nice to work in retail as you meet people from many walks of life. This allows one to learn great customer relation skills and work with many wonderful coworkers. The management team is very friendly and are open to ideas. I enjoyed this job very much as it is fast paced – more... and rewarding. – less
Project Manager (Current Employee), GurgaonNovember 22, 2014
I am managing a team of 10 resources and provide the delivery of my project

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more