Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employer Reviews

SDM
Senior infrastructure specialist/VMware Eng (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 9, 2014
Cons: project based
highly dynamic work environment with very well structured IT department.
Shoppers Drug Market started my career
COSMETICS MANAGER / INTERIM STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, GADecember 3, 2013
Pros: working with a great team
Cons: short lunches and inventory
offered many courses to improve your skills
always a good challenge on day to day execution
great team support
Merchandiser (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: great variety of skills to be learnt
Cons: students holding onto jobs when graduates could be taking over.
Great company to work for if you have the great staff in the location to help you out. Would work for this company again! Only left due to move.

My only issue was summer students were taking back hours after not being around for 8 months.
great place to work and move up into management
Merchandiser/Receiver/Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: good discounts and holiday pay
Cons: long hrs and short breaks
Receiving, merchandising, placing orders, customer service, cash including returns , lotto and pharmacy experience.
n/a
volunteer/trainee (Former Employee), great lakesJune 13, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
was just a volunteer experience, fun staff, work was interesting
Professional Sales Environment.
COSMETIC MANAGER (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 8, 2013
Professional sales environment. Corporate office had a good
support system, but at times sales projections were difficult
to meet. I had a good sales team and enjoyed my sales
career with them.
well organized and growing buisness
Photo Department Manager (Former Employee), Brandon, MBMarch 14, 2013
what I've learned at shoppers drug mart is how o deal with anything that can come up from error tills to unhappy customers, staying focused and dealing with each situation as they rise up. Multitasking and to stop and resume work when needed.
A company that lets you grow as a person in the workforce.
Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: 20% discounts
Cons: none...i loved my job!!!
A typical day at Shoppers Drug Mart was never the same. Each customer brings different needs and wants and my job was to meet every one of their needs quickly and efficiently.
I loved the closeness of working with my clients and making them happy. And the best part was when they returned time after time to specifically find me and ask for my help and – more... advice.
We all worked as a team in Shoppers Drug Mart even though there were definite different areas of the store i.e.: pharmacy, cosmetics. grocery etc. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Jane/WilsonMarch 12, 2012
Work for Shoppers Drug Mart many years, learned alot great place to work.
I valued my work in ShoppersDrug mart at Sundrige mall. They are nice to me. I work hard and all supervisors valued and recognized my effort.
Beaty Expert (Current Employee), Sunridge Mall, Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2012
Pros: gratis from cosmetics, and trainings from different cosmetics.
My cosmetic manager is a menthor to me. The schedule and organization of my boss is excellent. It felt good to work with people like my boss and I am quiet inspired to learn more things everyday.
Very productive, professional, reliable work place.
Pharmacy/ Dispensiary assistant (Current Employee), London, Ontario (Oxford and hyde park)January 3, 2012
Pros: very open and honest with each other.
Cons: short notice on termination of employment
I love the store I was at, the atmosphere and co-workers were amazing and awesome to work with. The clients/patients were amazing and over all it was a very nice and educational experience for me.
Hard to get a hold of management
cashier (Former Employee), Chelmsford, OnDecember 13, 2011
Requested a letter stating the reason I was let go so I can apply for disability benefits and was refused.
All co worker were all for them selves (NO TEAM WORK)
Customer service (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 18, 2011
Pros: too short lunches
Cons: have to work on your breaks
Shoppers do not take care of their employees you are basically on your own, there is no motivation at this particular store that i worked for, there was no appreciation for the work or situations that an employee would incurred.
work place is coperative and respectful with lot of thing to learn,
Front store supervisor (Former Employee), northyorkNovember 14, 2011
Cons: great benefits
I got lot of support and they give open environment for my further progress. I learn lot about inventory and management. With working over here i learn how to react in stress environment.
Perfact
compounding
Good customers
good team, good management
Cosmetic Merchandiser (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2014
As a merchandiaser, I need provide friendly and courteous service to customers, and service customer in a timely and efficiency manner. This is a part-time job, but as a newcomer, I learned a lot: my communication skill has been improved, and I began to know the Canadian workplace culture. My boss and co-workers are so nice, they gave me lots of help. – more... I feel very luky because of working in Shoppers. – less
Productive and exciting place to be.
Cosmetician (Co-op Placement) (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 15, 2014
This job was a co-op placement for part of my grade 12 year. It was from 8am - 3pm everyday. A typical day at this job was assisting customers as needed as well as my manager. Everyone I worked with was very supportive as I was still learning and they were always enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of the job would be trying to get everything done – more... as well as assisting customers, but we always got everything completed. – less
Enjoyable environment and good work balance.
Cashier, and Merchandiser (Former Employee), Guelph, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Working at Shoppers for a year I learned a lot. From working on cash to starting in my last few months to be trained as a merchandiser. It was an great experience, and I learned so much and met so many great people. At Shoppers we weren't just employees we were a team and always tried to help each other out.
It was exciting to learn new information about the cosmetics available in the store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: didn't get much hours
friendly place to work, I learned lots about the cosmetic field and obtained new skills with costumer service. The management was very helpful at assisting you my co workers were very friendly and willing to lend a helping hand if needed. The hardest part of the job was being friendly to rude customers but you do your best at helping their demands. – more... I enjoyed meeting the public and new job skills. – less
Patient care oriented
Pharmacist (Current Employee), CalgarySeptember 9, 2014
It was an enjoyable experience as You help patient to take care of themselves through providing health care ,making sure they have effective ,safe medicines .

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more

Shoppers Drug Mart Photos