Shore Medical Center

Shore Medical Center Employer Reviews

Productive and rewarding workplace.
Assistant Manager of Patient Safety (Current Employee), Somers Point, NJJune 18, 2014
I enjoy working with highly motivated and driven individuals who care about the service they deliver to patients. The management team that I work with always puts the patient/customer first and achieves results with their employees.
Productive, enthusiatic and beneficail work place
CNA/Health unit coordinator (Former Employee), SOMERS POINT, NJJune 2, 2014
Pros: long breaks, job security, pay raise
Cons: dealt with multiple illnesses that lead to deaths of patients
Dealt with severe illnesses ( cancer, HIV etc.)
Team work environment
Job security
Great Co-Workers
RN (Current Employee), ICUFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: not a lot of movement
My Co-workers are great people. Team work is promoted. The cafeteria has good food, and promotes fresh food. Parking garage if free for employees.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Chatsworth, CAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: having patients write you "thank you" cards. (touched my heart)
Cons: watching the terminal ill pass. the pay was not all that great for all the work we did.
As a medical assistance I worked with patients closely. Recording vital signs, assiting Dr's with minor surgeries, injections,Obtain patient history and vital signs and administered medications. Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control. I prepare and assist with examinations, procedures,treatments and collect urine and blood specimen – more... for processing.

I was responsible to perform or assist with diagnostic tests, including performing an EKG, taking blood for examination (Phlebotomy) Maintain medication and immunization records. Adhere to established triage procedures, and Coordinate patient care information with other health care providers.

My administrative duties and responsibilities included:
Basic clerical duties, schedule, coordinate, and monitor scheduling.
Schedule inpatient/outpatient procedures and admissions. Perform medical transcription, procedural and diagnostic coding. Obtain reimbursement through accurate claims (insurance) submission along with monitoring and follow-up on third-party (insurance) reimbursement.

Professionally manage telephone responsibilities, and
Receive, organize, prioritize, and transmit written and verbal communications and information.

I learned when working with three doctors and being the only medical assistant that time management was a huge factor, in order for the office to run smoothly and effectively. I also learned my job responsibilities included both clinical and administrative. You worked as a team!

The hardest part of my job was when the Doctors would fall behind. It was the job of a medical assistant to explain to angry patients the reason for the delay. All in all, being a medical assistant is a very rewarding job. – less
Productive work environment with various opportunities.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Somers Point, NJJuly 24, 2013
Responsibilties of the job include but are not limited to taking x-rays, process patient's paperwork and documenting all actions.
There is the opportunity to work various shifts. This positions includes varying aspects of radiology including OR and fluoroscopy.
Changing Culture
Direct Caregiver (Current Employee), Somers PointJuly 4, 2013
Pros: dedicated people
Cons: ceo rules by fear and intimidation
Consultants running major departments. Something not right.

March 1, 2014

I hear it is getting worse. Staff are constantly afraid if they are being laid off or their department is next to be outsourced.

Great place to work, nice people.
advanced operator (Current Employee), Somers Point, NJMay 28, 2013
Management is accessible at all times. Caring individuals who are always there to help. Great job!
fun, great learning experience
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Somers Point, NJApril 16, 2013
Pros: flexibilty
Cons: far away from family in maryland
I was able to work as a float and able to be on all the floors. i worked at night which allowed me to work independently .
I enjoy being at the shore.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Somers Point, NJFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: work schedule. no weekends, holidays, call or 12 hr.shifts.
Cons: understaffed. upper management
I am committed to quality patient care. I have the autonomy to work independently. The hardest part is management instituting changes without feedback from the dept. and not holding employees accountable on certain issues.
Project Manager
Contractor (Current Employee), ITJune 8, 2014
Pros: beautiful location
Cons: union nursing
A small community hospital serving the citizens of Somers Point New Jersey. Great Sr. Leadership team the creates a "we can do it, together" work environment.