Shore Medical Center Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Operating Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sommers pointNovember 16, 2017
Don't do it , operating engineers work like dogs no tv no radio allowed in boiler room .horrible bosses and it's hot as blazes in the summer time ... do yourself a favor and stay as far as possible shifts are crazy 330 am to 4 pm 4 pm to 330 am Dont do it youll never see your family again !!!!!!
Pros
Lunch
Cons
You name it
Working at Shore
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJOctober 25, 2017
Working as a Medical Assistant, you are told by managemen that NO one is allowed to ever get a raise. Poor management and excessive favortisim, harassment and nepotism occurs daily. No doctor get reprimanded for their negative actions.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare too expensive
Needs better management
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJOctober 16, 2017
Management does not back their nurses, understaffed at times. It can be a great place to work, but their are nurses aides that are lazy and get away with a lot and the management does nothing.
Not always fun
Lead Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Somers Point, NJAugust 10, 2017
I used to enjoy going to work, but now it seems management doesn't care. I could cut off my left arm and they would tell me I needed to cut off my right foot instead of my left arm. I like my coworkers though
Pros
The pay
Cons
Health benefits, management
Time I worked there
Medical Affairs Secretary (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJAugust 7, 2017
I truly enjoyed being a part of this company for the 15 years I was with them. The company was very help in teaching and promoting personnel when the opportunity presented itself.
Advancement Opportunities
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Somers Point, NJJuly 28, 2017
There are always opportunities to move upward in your education and career. You can come in as a housekeeper and through education and hard work, you can come out as a nursing supervisor.
its a great place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Somers Point, NJJuly 12, 2017
a typical day at work is a great day you can learn alot from working with shore physician group. i enjoy working here just letting looking for a 8-4 instead of working until 6 everyday. besides that its a great place to work
Productive and fast paced
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chestertown, MDJune 30, 2017
A typical day of work at Shore Medical Center was unpredictable as I worked as a registrar within the Emergency Dept. The hardest and easiest part of the job was being a chameleon, you had to adapt to so many different situations and persons on a daily basis.
Delivers Patient Centered Quality Care
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Somers Point, NJApril 29, 2017
Challenging environment keeping pace with the changes in healthcare. I enjoy coming to work everyday. The culture has changed over the last several years to embrace patient centered care. The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference in the quality of patient care provided.
Nepotism, favoritism,is what there all about
Floor Tech Supervisor (Former Employee) –  all floorsApril 28, 2017
this company has the most beautiful lobby. go in the patients rooms and there falling apart! the tvs in the rooms are cheap and small. the drs that work there are left overs that have no talent. nursing supervisor hires her family . makes jobs up for friends. the patients are ignored by aides and nurses. the RNs will let the patient go to the bathroom in the bed before they would touch a bedpan. do not work here. im surprised there till open. how many lawsuits do they have pending?
Pros
clocking out
Cons
everything
great care
Pool Staff Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJApril 10, 2017
Shore medical center was an excellent small hospital to work for in the south jersey area. The hospital took pride in providing care to the Somers Point Community.
Working for Shore
Medical Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Somers Point, NJ 08244March 9, 2017
Working for Shore is a great opportunity and has taught me a lot of new things. I've been with this team for 12 years and I'm just trying to progress.
Awesome
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Easton, MDMarch 7, 2017
Really good leadership. Everyone has your back regardless of the situation. the training was great and easy to comprehend. The pay was good for the area you lived.
Overall decent place to work
Health Unit Coordinator and Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Somers Point, NJFebruary 27, 2017
The day starts at 7:00 am and ends at 7:30 pm. It's a very long day.

The nursing staff that works in my unit is wonderful, really great people. However, it is a extremely high pace floor and it's a hard pace to keep for 12 hours. On top of that everyone on the unit is dealing with problems and some times the support is not there.

Management has recently switched over and the new manager is doing a wonderful job compared to the prior manager.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I only had to work 3 days a week since they were 12 hour shifts that is considered full time.

I really enjoy the people I work with.

I also enjoy my job with the telemetry monitors (they are cardiac monitors where I watch people's cardiac rhythms). It constantly teaching me new things.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with family members of patients. Some times they can be extremely overbearing and some what rude.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Overly stressful, not much support
Very professional and Friendly place to work
Staff Pharmacist/Assistant Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJJanuary 30, 2017
Place I worked was very friendly including coworkers and administration. Atmosphere is cooperative, patient oriented and helping each other in all projects.
Lie people work in the humane resources office.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJJanuary 12, 2017
The human resources offices do it nothing for the workers.They lie.They said it is not in the office and in a couple minutes the manager get out for the doors and no said hello ,nothing that girl is a lie person.Not god for that position.The same her assistence.
very streeful place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJDecember 18, 2016
typical day at work is very stressful because you work short handed which put the patients at risk for injuries. Management does not stick by the companies mission.
great place to work!
Patient Companion (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJNovember 21, 2016
very nice people to work with! Great company! Management and co-workers were also nice! Anyone who gets a job here is very lucky and will be very happy!
Learning enviorment
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJJuly 7, 2016
Come in get work orders. Get reading off of boilers and system to maintain plant safety. Check generators batteries. Do preventive maintenance on boilers, generators, chillers, motors, pumps and air handlers
Pros
great place to learn, great PM program
Small Community hospital
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Somers Point, NJOctober 5, 2015
Shore is a small community hospital succumbing to the woes of a changing healthcare environment. The hospital is attempting to grow and become something it is not. The roots are in a small community organization and it needs to stay true to its community members.
Pros
New construction, friendly staff
Cons
Mismanaged, poor direction overall