Shoretel Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
ShoreTel was a great place to work
CLIENT SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 12, 2017
The culture at Shoretel was better than most Telecom/UC companies. The product was solid, the teams were responsive and the management was focused. I would have loved to stay at Shoretel but the pending sale to Mitel created a reduction in force.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
The company was sold to Mitel
Great Place to work but things are changing
Manager, Technical Account Team (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2017
ShoreTel was recently Acquired by Mitel which puts things into a flux. Prior to that there have been lots of structural changes which put people off and lower productivity. I cannot see how this company, now a part of Mitel will grow well with so many changes occurring and not a lot of good reassurance.
Pros
Great benefits and people
Cons
Too many changes to often with no real good direction
Very bad company
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 11, 2017
Will never recommend any body to work at ShoreTel. Product managers are jokers who don't know what is required in the product. They want to boil the whole ocean but never can show any ROI for any product they ask. (NEVER).
Development leaders are Liars and do every thing possible to sweep dirt under the rug.
QA Leader was never there in the office.
Overall, bad company....
Pros
Good Engineers
Cons
Bad upper management, Liars
Fast Paced & Productive
Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 8, 2017
ShoreTel has been going through a transformation to become a cloud company. With that, there has been a lot of change requiring extra effort and focus to mange through.
ShoreTel review
Facilities /Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 27, 2017
ShoreTel is a great company. The atmosphere is relaxed and not so demanding and the culture is great.
My job entails of keeping the clients happy by providing for their needs.
Fantastic Manager
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 25, 2017
I love working under my current manager. I can rely on her to look out for the interest of our team.

Great product lines. Wish the company was not being acquired.
Enjoy working because work environment is good.
Senior QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 10, 2017
This is my 11th year at ShoreTel. Majority of the time, my days are occupied with meetings.I enjoyed working at ShoreTel mainly because of the work ethics
Good people
Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2017
ShoreTel is a good place to work. Just like any other place there will be good days and bad days, its what you make of them that counts. I have had great experiences with everyone.

With the merger to Mitel there is some uncertainty in the environment, but that is how things go in business. Never once have I felt treated unfairly.
From Good to Bad
Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 8, 2017
Senior Management was in over their heads in converting to a cloud company. Exceptional Field personnel. Good strategy but poor execution and loss of dedication to excellence.
Finance (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2017
Fast paced environment, very dynamic. Opportunities to learn and grow. Co-workers are motivated to make a difference. New products and services rolling out. Things are always changing so there is a need to keep up.
Pros
Good pay, nice co-workers, growth opportunities
Cons
Company is getting sold, possible termination soon
A fun and great place to work. Ping Pong, softball, and basketball provided for all employees along with other fitness activities.
Senior IT Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 29, 2017
I work in IT and I report to one of the best CIO's of all of the companies I've worked at. His work ethic is just fantastic and he cares for and treats everyone in his IT organization, along with all employees in the company with the utmost respect.
Pros
Free lunches, beverages, subsidized snacks, etc.
Cons
Not that I can think of.
it is a place for experience
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 14, 2017
this is a good place to get experience but there is not much room for moving up. The pay is minimum wage only and raises are rare. The hardest part is when protocol gets changed on you and that happens often. The work place culture is for those young of heart and mind. I would not recommend this place if you are of soft skin.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no healthcare offer, no raises, short breaks, no bonuses, no vacation
Used to be a GREAT company to work for
Client Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2017
The industry's move to the cloud has not been kind to Shoretel or its culture. It is a high risk company to work for at present. They have done multiple, rather large, RIFs in the last 12 months.
Pros
Compensation is good
Cons
Layoffs, Management
Very stressful and painful
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 14, 2017
Management and co workers were very rude and the job was very hard to do. Understanding the product and explaining to product to someone else is very hard to do.
Pros
Potluck lunches and commission
Cons
Mean management and underestimated employees
Great team environment
Order Management Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2017
ShoreTel is a mid-size expanding company. The culture and work environment is fun to work in. Good benefits and work line balance. Always trying to stay current with the changing business culture of Cloud services.
Pros
Free drinks and good benefits
Cons
Job growth is liminted
Once a great culture but struggling under current leadership
Sales (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 7, 2017
Great product, got bad but is now getting stronger again
Great people and culture at the mid-level and below
Upper level management is grasping at straws
Most teams work very well together and have each other's backs
Pros
Teams always supportive
Cons
Recent culture of cut and trim to the bone no security
Excellent place to work.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at ShoreTel. Great pay, great benefits. Wonderful people. During my tenure there, the company went through several organizational changes, which affected my job. Would have like to have worked there longer. Also loved being able to work from home.
Pros
Flexibility, Great Pay & Benefits
Cons
Organizational changes causing job instability.
Changing culture
Partner Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 16, 2017
ShoreTel introduced a new platform two years ago, focusing on UCaaS and departing from their signature onsite product. Over the past two years, we have worked to move our Partners from a CapEx model to a CapEx model. We also focused on moving Partners from a direct model to a VAD model.

Because of these changing models, ShoreTel chose to eliminate Channel positions and move these positions to the VAD. They also publically announced the formation of an Advisory Committee that is deciding if ShoreTel will remain whole, sell to a publically traded company, sell to a venture capitalist or sell off portions of their business. Despite all of these distractions, I was able to maintain focus and remain on quota.

I have been through many reorganizations over my 12+ years, and have always managed to remain employed and even get promoted. This time however, the focus is on growing the UCaaS business through Master Agents, and no longer through the VARs. The culture is changing and I got caught in the latest reorganization.
Pros
Ability to work remote
Cons
Constant instability
Every day is different, fun , exciting and making a difference to the people you can help.
Partner Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Home office in Southwest RegionMay 10, 2017
Productive, Flexible day, remote office , travel to partner locations
Enjoy former culture of fun and active environment.
Enjoyed every aspect of the job, Relationship building is very important and key to success. Hard when you are no longer working with the same partners. Attached to their needs and care about their business like it is your own.
Pros
Love to Travel
Cons
Long days, no stopping point.
Fast pased company at the time with huge growth.
Regional Manager (Midwest) (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 1, 2017
Good company that started small and grew fast. Great collection of amazingly talented people and a really cool product for the midmarket. Great partners and great programs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoretel. Our community is ready to answer.