Shoretel Employee Reviews

Excellent work-hard, play-hard culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 11, 2016
ShoreTel is a very rewarding place to work. It has it's challenges just like any other company, but they offset that with a very fun work environment. They have a high focus on growth, and push individuals to do the best they can.
Pros
Health coverage, 401K, Wellness program, Food provided weekly
Re: shoretel
Inbound Sales Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 28, 2016
I would rather not say. It would not be nice. There is no job security and the manager has no people skills. The department that I headed and the other was the only depts. That offer some type of job security
Pros
GOOD MUSIC
Great Strategy, fantastic team
Director Channel Strategy Development & Alliances (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2016
It's good to be at ShoreTel. Both short term and long term strategies are in place. Learned further on the importance or channel strategy, channel development and alliances.
A company able to attact a variety of smart and talented people that are very easy to work with. Overall, a very rewarding experience.
Lead Test Engineer - Performance (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 18, 2014
My experience at ShoreTel was very rewarding. The management is forward-thinking and constantly on the lookout for better ways to bring new products to the customers and grow the business. Consequently, the need to remain innovative and informed is paramount. Those that are up to the challenge can appreciate and thrive in that environment. I encourage anyone with a skill set applicable to their needs to consider ShoreTel as a potential employer.
Pros
Flexible hours, advancement opportunities, good benefits and vacation package
Beware - My Worst Job Experience
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 19, 2016
I'm surprised by the positive reviews here, as there were very, very few happy people at ShoreTel Sunnyvale in the the last year I was there. I left recently, and every one of my many friends there will say the same as my review here.

Let me start with the positive. There are many very good and talented people there, and I developed many friendships.

There was a recent acquisition of a company with about 100 engineers, their stated reason was "we didn't have the talent in-house." If that's truly correct, the reason is that ShoreTel doesn't develop it's own proven employees, with what little training once available now long gone. People are assigned work and forgotten. The major release nine months ago meant most all of my group working 70-hour weeks, plus weekends for months. To compensate, they bought us catered lunch sometimes. It was common that senior leaders didn't listen to tech experts on big issues, and made their own decisions, not telling any of us why. Ever.

In several vital organizations, long- or even medium-range plans and investment has been cut or stopped completely, with people noticing, and expecting the change in plans as a setup for a possible sale of the company. Within the last year, the company founder (and more than a half-dozen senior engineers) left. Real morale is poor.

There was many more sudden and mysterious employee firings (of good people) than anywhere I've ever been. Otherwise, other good people leave on their own and turnover has been a big issue for years. Most promotions (80%) go to unproven company newcomers, not to people
  more... here. Trust in senior management is low, with people looking over their shoulder for the ax.

The shift in work to the cheap labor in our two-year old engineering office in India continues, with (coordination) between the two more than difficult. To a person, everyone here says it's a nightmare. But, it saves a few bucks for the Board members, right? I'm concerned about my friends still there, and hope they won't be surprised with a layoff or company sale.

Of the CEO, he's nice and shows well, but time has shown he'll paint a pretty picture of the business outlook, but the real issues for the employees are not being resolved for company success and employee happiness.

I'm sad to say, but beware of ShoreTel.
Pros
Free beverages, bread, oatmeal, etc.
Cons
Lack of real respect for existing employees, Virtually no development or advancement, Company being setup for sale?, Cold and calculated senior management.
Getting better but still a long way to go
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 9, 2012
Management changes over the past 18 months have improved the overall culture and attitude. Regardless, internal and external expectations are still misaligned with current staffing levels and product quality.

Work/life balance is non-existent ("resistance is futile"). Declare your allegiance to Orange or be managed-out.
Pros
it's not dell.
Cons
no matching 401k, startup mentality
Low salary, poor management, non productive HR dept,
No longer employed there for good reason (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2014
No work/life balance by any means, although they claim to strive for it. The best decision I have ever made was to leave this company. Example: I was averaging about 11.00 an hr and I signed an offer (salary) that averaged about 23.00 an hour - do the math! Not worth it - and believe me the managers do not see any wrong doing in this, nor does HR. Good Luck!
Pros
N/A
Cons
Salary, Management, work/life balance, HR staff, Training, and all of the above
Shoretel is a great company
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 16, 2016
My boss Christine was nice to work for. I liked most of the people. I was a team player. I was great at my job. I liked the fact that there was free food. I did like my job there. I wanted to learn more.
Pros
free food
Cons
long commute
Great/talented people working hard to improve product to achieve greater market share
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2013
This a growing company and management is concentrating on systems and product enhancements to improve user experience and optimize install process to reduce stress on operations.

ShoreTel Project Managers are key to the growth effort too. They work long hours partly because demand for service is high but also because provisioning tools and procedures are still being modified to gain much needed efficiencies.
Pros
Great office space in the heart of NYC.
A good company that has a well work/ life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 29, 2015
The management changed a year+ ago and is trying to move the business to a MRR model.
There is a good job culture and a well work/ life balance. Many people work remotely from home.
Great working environment...
Customer Satisfaction Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 5, 2015
The people I worked with were great. The team spirit is great - most everyone likes working there. A lot of work hours but a lot of play time.
Pros
The culture is fun
Cons
Company is not doing as well as they lead you to believe.
Excellent friendly atmosphere
Senior Director - Product Marketing (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 3, 2013
I have enjoyed the last 5 years at ShoreTel overseeing a great group of people in marketing. It's fast paced, but still a pleasant place overall. And we keep getting better and better every year!
Pros
Open door policy with top executives
Cons
Long hours, limited stock options
Able to work out of the home and not deal with commute
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 8, 2015
typical day is taking phone calls from customers and refer calls to appropriate support engineer. Since I worked at home, not much interaction with co-workers and management. Most enjoyable part of the job is when you received emails of appreciation from customers that I helped solved their issues.
Great small size company.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 5, 2016
The project was very interesting, and only a few developers hold the large fort. I liked to be one of them. It was a great experience for me.
Great Place, great people!
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2013
It was a great place to work - great corporate culture. Management treated employees like people versus cogs in the machine. Every holiday was an event!

Lots of free food opportunities from trainings and just fun potlucks.
Inovative and challenging
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 1, 2013
ShoreTel is an exciting mid tech company that offers a big company stability with a startup envrioment. The people who work for ShoreTel are supportive and overall a nice place to work. Problem is, you have a job at ShoreTel, but not a career.
Pros
Financialy Stable
Cons
Always changes direction. Mass exit of C level execs
Greatest telecommunication company in the market
Major Account Manager (Former Employee) –  PA, NY and DEFebruary 15, 2014
The greatest place to work based on their people and there business goals.
The management supplies the best tools in the marketplace for their employees.
The product goes up against Cisco and handsdown it is a better platform and it is 60% of their costs.
Pros
Working with Distributors selling our products
Cons
Not being in control of the sale
Great product, great company
Channel Programs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 18, 2014
ShoreTel brings a fun, positive environment with great leadership and management. The product is great and the company is growing!
Pros
Work remote as needed, positive management
fun work place
Administrative Assistant to Sr Mgr of HR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2015
great place to work and learn great things the atmosphere is great and the pay is good would recommend to all that would apply
Very simple and productive IP-PBX/Unified Communications products in VOIP world
Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 13, 2012
Write test plan and execution Functional testing,reporting and Verification of the Shoretel IP-PBX

Co-workers are very cooperative, responsible and good team players
and most enjoyable part is when troubleshooting and reproducing issues found on the field and help developers to fix the issues at a faster pace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoretel. Our community is ready to answer.