Showtime Networks Employee Reviews

Great
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Great people, great content, good job security. Roles fall into big corporate structure model of CBS, thus lacking some dynamic aspects. Management very open to new ideas and career advancement if opportunities are available in the skinny structure.
Another Inert Corporate Environment
Financial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2017
My coworkers and I had a conversation last week about how much we wish we would be laid off. That's kind of enough said. I used to think this unhappy culture was just my team, but it's not. Young people here are pretty miserable. The new head of HR is trying to make things better, but her hands are tied by CBS's refusal to invest in its employees.
Pros
I never have to stay too late.
Cons
So much., Managers abuse their employees due to their own lack of upward mobility /acknowledgement., Higher-ups are oblivious to how their underlings are feeling., There is rarely a forum for feedback.
Fun, but overworked
PAYROLL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2017
The production group I worked with on this job was a bit more professional. The hours are awful and pay isn't great, but I actually learned something here.
Pros
Free Lunch, snacks, meet interesting people
Cons
poor management, no room for growth
Good company
Manager Original Programming (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2017
I worked here several years ago and at the time it was a positive work environment with full corporate benefits package. The senior management and creative department have changed tremendously as have the priorities of the network. My feedback is a bit irrelevant at this point.
No Limits
Internship (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAMarch 14, 2017
My judgement is based on a past version of the company. They would include assistants in meetings and in special groups to review digital submissions. Overall great atmosphere and leadership,
great experience
Prop Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
learned a lot about working on a television show, always interesting and with plenty to do- every day was full of tasks and constant check ins with boss
Pros
free lunches, nice work environment
Great work/life balance, little room for growth
Freelance Senior Designer & Animator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2016
They don't really hire staff positions, so if you're in design or editing, you're likely going to be a permalancer which means no benefits. On the plus side, the work life balance is better than almost any other network I've worked at and the shows are fun to work on. Unfortunately, there's little room for job advancement since they won't hire staff positions. Most people in the company work here for years on end, so sometimes creative can feel stale.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Only hire freelancers
Great Employees/Stale Management
N/A (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
A wonderful place to work, but not a place to grow. Upper management did not like change! Man's club for sure!! Women at the top extremely territorial.
Wild times in the days when working in cable was like working in tech today
Manager On-Air Promotion (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2016
Great environment with receptive executives and management who allowed even the least experienced employees to have unlimited growth in a creative atmosphere. Literally started at the bottom and worked my way up into a management position within two years. I loved the people, the fast-pace, the exchange of creative ideas. Long hours and limited resources were challenging, but working as a team and adjusting and adapting to those challenges laid a great foundation for my future endeavors.
Pros
Yeah. Free lunch. That was nice. Unlimited potential for growth. Highly creative.
Cons
Flying by the seat of your pants.
Productive Broadcast Network
Broadcast Designer/Art Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2015
It is a good place to work for and learn the broadcasting business. Just like any other broadcasting network it has some really busy days and some slower As part of the graphics team you get to work with every other group in the office and you get to be involved in the full process of how to run a broadcast station.
Fun place to work with meaning
Departmental/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape but to be expected in a big company.
The people are everything here
Sr. Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkJune 10, 2015
A typical day is fast paced but manageable and productive because of great team players. The hardest part of the job is not having an opportunity for advancement. But the best part of the job is the work /life balance and being part of a premium company that turns out great work.
Pros
The people and steady and maneagable hours
Cons
Lack of opportunity to advance
Master Control Operator (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 28, 2014
Loved it. Reputable company to work for. Worked in the technical area. Days were monotonous but the work was important.
Great Place to Grow
National Trade Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York =, NYOctober 14, 2014
It's a great place to grow and learn the business from the premium side of the television industry.
Good financial wise, but no place for advancement
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 15, 2014
Basically you're monitoring different networks 12 hours a day in an area with no windows, no light. Some managers did their job, some slacked off. The field gives you good benefits, pay, but there is no place for advancement.
Pros
Good benefits, pay, make friends with co-workers
Cons
No windows, no light, poor to fair management
Studio Artist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2014
Learned a lot there and ready to see what other places I can apply my experience.
Hard to Get Ahead
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Despite efforts and initiatives, it is a very hard organization to navigate in terms of advancement opportunities.
Great Brand - very corporate environment
Program Marketing and Advertising (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2014
Award Winning programming - tough environment very corporate.
Great Company
Crew Chief, Master Control (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 31, 2013
Can't say enough about my time with Showtime. If i could have moved the job down to Charlotte, I would have, but family came first and our lifestyle.
Pros
Salary, Work Schedule, Managers
Cons
Peers, Living Expenses
Showtime Networks
Coordinator-Expense Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2013
Showtime Networks is a diverse, vibrant, outstanding company to work for with a creative, open, and relaxed office culture and a multitude of talented employees. The company offers an excellent insurance and benefits package and a plethora of services to it's employees.