Showtime Networks

Showtime Networks Employer Reviews

Good financial wise, but no place for advancement
Master Control Operator (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYAugust 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits, pay, make friends with co-workers
Cons: no windows, no light, poor to fair management
Basically you're monitoring different networks 12 hours a day in an area with no windows, no light. Some managers did their job, some slacked off. The field gives you good benefits, pay, but there is no place for advancement.
Studio Artist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2014
Learned a lot there and ready to see what other places I can apply my experience.
Hard to Get Ahead
Senior Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Despite efforts and initiatives, it is a very hard organization to navigate in terms of advancement opportunities.
Great Brand - very corporate environment
Program Marketing and Advertising (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 2, 2014
Award Winning programming - tough environment very corporate.
Great Company
Crew Chief, Master Control (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYDecember 31, 2013
Pros: salary, work schedule, managers
Cons: peers, living expenses
Can't say enough about my time with Showtime. If i could have moved the job down to Charlotte, I would have, but family came first and our lifestyle.
Showtime Networks
Coordinator-Expense Management (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2013
Showtime Networks is a diverse, vibrant, outstanding company to work for with a creative, open, and relaxed office culture and a multitude of talented employees. The company offers an excellent insurance and benefits package and a plethora of services to it's employees.
Warm and friendly work enviroment
Assistant to Producer and Writer Dennis E. Leoni (Former Employee), Chatsworth, CAAugust 27, 2013
- wonderful staff
- collaborative environment
- supported executive producer
Met some great contacts
Area Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2013
Re-organizations were quite popular, but management tried hard to be nimble and innovative.
supportive, wonderful place to work
Executive Assistant / Office Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2013
Pros: wide variety of job tasks
Cons: not enough information given to new hires
I worked for 11 and a 1/2 yrs at Showtime Networks as Executive Assistant to an EVP who later was promoted to General Manager of Smithsonian Channel, a small start-up venture co-owned by Showtime Networks.

A typical day involved a variety of duties--arranging extensive travel arrangements; organizing my boss' calendar; writing & editing letters, captions – more... and summaries on the channel's website, working with caterers and office supply vendors, managing my boss' work with nonprofit groups in the industry, managing intern recruitment & supervision for the dept., and so much more.

I learned a lot about negotiating contracts with cable TV service providers, researching audiences for new TV shows and ideas for new channels, office management and the business of starting up a new venture. – less
A fantastic place to work
Executive Assistant / Office Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 29, 2013
Showtime is a great place to work.

I learned a lot about the television industry and I was always treated with respect.
Fun work and great co workers.
Production Assistant / Assistant Editor / Camera (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2012
Pros: amazing ben and jerry's ice cream social.
Cons: benefits lacking.
Working here I learned a lot about television production. Hired as a PA, but was soon moved up to Assistant Editor as well as cameraman for the reality show Fight Camp 360. Co workers became instant friends. Got along well with everyone. However, benefits and job security are poor.
Excelent entertainment network
Director-Writer "Angel of Rock" (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 3, 2012
Great team of people! Great organization!
Everybody is very happy with what they do

Showtime Networks Photos