Shred-It Employee Reviews

Decent Job Low Pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 21, 2017
In and out of a box truck all day long collecting documents and pushing them around in 96 gallon toters, interacting with customers and management on a daily basis
Pros
early hours 4 day work weeks
Cons
heavy loads physical
hateful people
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2017
If you are not a man, they don't need you. Hateful people in office. The care nothing about the customers needs. They dont try to help customers. They would rather loose a customer then to deal with a problem.
Pros
no pros
Cons
hateful people
Outside Sales
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALNovember 13, 2017
A typical day was driving to an outlying city (50) miles and making 25-30 cold calls.I learned the importance of documents with sensitive information being destroyed properly. I enjoyed working with the people at this location.
Pros
The training program
Cons
Work force reduction
Very Manual Work
CSR Driver (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDNovember 1, 2017
The company doesn't seem bad when you first start, but as time goes on their respect level for you starts to get lower. If you get injured while working there the company will not stand behind the employee.
Pros
Great for networking
Cons
The company will not back you if your injured.
Fun and relaxing place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 28, 2017
Shred it is a great place to work and the staff is wonderful. They are very helpful and willing to allow you to learn from your errors.
The atmosphere was very pleasant and relaxed. However this was a temporary position but the staff was very warming and cooperative.
Pros
Great people to work with
Changes in the company
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 27, 2017
A lot of company changes since Stericycle purchased Shred-it and a lot of people leaving the company right now. lots of pressure on sales executives and micro management
everyone out for themselves, never enough staffing
Customer security representative (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 26, 2017
Most co workers are great, but everyone is jaded. you are told everyday from management that it will get better but it does not. every one that works in the offices only watches out for themselves and only care about covering themselves. everyone says they will help but never does. pay is always an issue, hilariously bad pay structure i.e drivers get paid more than their supervisors and managers. I learned how to multi task and deal with very overwhelming situations but only through perseverance not because of any mentoring
Pros
you get your pay check on time
Cons
generaly a mess
Good experience
Accounts Re (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 25, 2017
Everyone was very nice and helpful. This was a temporary job I got through a temp agency. I had a good time in the short time that I worked here. It is a little different because I was through a temp agency, but everyone seemed to be pretty satisfied with the environment.
Lots of work
Customer Security Representative (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 23, 2017
Lots of overtime and working 13 hour days easy. Lots of driving all over the state of washington. Not a bad gig if you already know how to drive a box truck or a 26ft trailer.
Pros
On your own all day.
Cons
On your own all day
Dont waste your time
Box Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHSeptember 15, 2017
If your looking for a very stressful job with poor management then this is the place for you. Very long hours no home life some days you'll have too much work that can't be done.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Supervisor and Upper Management
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 11, 2017
They showed favoritism and they did not care if you had family issues I was let go due to my son having health issues and was not able to qualify for FMLA. My son is doing so much better and I'm focused on work now.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Very good place to work
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 2, 2017
Job has become incredible since Stericycle bought it. When owned by shred-it and run by Cintas the place had a large down side. Stericycle recognized the issues and corrected them, making this a great place to work.
Pros
vacation, quality of life
good place to be apart of
Route driver (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 22, 2017
hard work.
help you when you need it.
real be on time.
pays well.
the job well give you all the hours you wont or need.
worked only 4 days a week/12 hour shifts.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
not enough time in one they to get your route done.
shred it job summary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2017
Typical day at work is completing stops on a route but sometimes routing which is done by management is not too smart.
Management seems a bit overwhelmed and inconsistent.
Hardest part of the job is that there are some heavy days and some very light days.
Most enjoyable part of the job that we work a 4 day work week and are out on the open road not stuck in an office
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
pay
pay isnt worth the stress in the day
Customer Service Representative/Driver (Former Employee) –  Sharon, MAAugust 20, 2017
People that call you from the office do not have a clue nor do they care how hard your day is.
hardest part of the job is not losing your mind on the people that call constantly to add stops to your day.
Fast past environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2017
Work four day work weeks. PIcking up destruction from customers from assigned route. Bring back truck at the end of the day and dump truck. Do you pre trip and post trip on your vehicle.
Pros
Ffour day work week with weekends off.
Cons
Work they expected out of you, and expect you back at a descent time. When you have to deal with Pittsburgh traffic.
This company they consttantly are moving you around in terms of that you never were not trained and stay with that job description .
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 13, 2017
I am able to manage to work under stress but the thing is that you never knew what will be the day assignment at work. The supervisor changes your assignment constantly.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very disorganized
ok too work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 12, 2017
I ususally was on my own the day was very relaxed. the job isn't that hard I prefer something much harder , I am a very hard work so this job isn't for me.
Just stay away not recommend it for anybody
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHAugust 10, 2017
I worked here for five years and the management absolutely sucked I would break down constantly and once I broke down in Lancaster and I had to sit there till 930 at night till the tow truck got there I would not recommend this job for anybody at all I would work 10 to 12 hours a day without breaks and had to come in early so I could be in Mansfield by 8 o'clock and I wouldn't get back until around seven then drive an hour home and had be back in there at around six in the morning the management sucks you got rewarded if you were lazy you always had a cover someone else's route because they didn't get it done and they would always give you the worst stops I only got one raise when I was there and it's not even worth mentioning and I got hurt and fired the same day they would not even let me fill out an accident report is all they wanted was their keys in their phone and that was the end after five years that's how I was treated stay away from this place I only gave it one star because I had to otherwise it would be nothing
Pros
None at all absolutely sucks
Cons
The whole place is horrible
Friendly work environment.
CSR II / Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNAugust 4, 2017
Fast pace work environment. Great management who help with day to day work. Great opportunities for advancement with programs to help you achieve you own advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shred-It. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7