Shred-It Employee Reviews

over worked
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 21, 2017
over worked and under paid......there as any company can always work on doing better for the employees who are the front line of the com[any.Taking care of your employees not just by the benefits and perks but really showing your appreciation would be nice
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
under paid
Terrible mangement and over worked and underpaid
Customer Service Representative (CSR) Driver (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAJanuary 16, 2017
One of the worst jobs I've I have ever had due multiple reasons. I'm even to enraged with this place to continue to want to talk about it, so just take my word and stay far far away.
Pros
If you were working a two man team the passenger could sleep
Great summer job
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 15, 2017
Great summer job. Nice people to work with, very helpful with life skills. Would work there again or recommend it. I worked at the front desk so I got to inhance my communication skills while learning the computer program they used and filing, faxing, printing and whatever else they needed me to do.
Pros
All around great
Cons
Non
Very well organized and fun employer
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2017
During my time at Shred-it I was able to advance my career. I was given the opportunity to work alongside great individuals that helped pave the path to success. Shred-it is a very well organized and well run company. I would recommend them to anyone who desires to work in this field.
Waste of 7ys of my life that I will not ever get back
Csr (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Management sucks they play favorites here they only care about them selves..other guys have been here for a shorter period of time and make almost has much as I do..you get in trouble if you miss a stop knowing well that they overload your route and expect you to finish it all....my advice would to not apply here and go somewhere else..no place to advance here the only way that you advance here is that you brown nose the management
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Bad place to work
Good Place to work at
Sales & Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILJanuary 5, 2017
I was their for almost 10 years and I would say their was no room for growth within the office environment. Managment sucks.Too much change and nothing really steady.
Pros
free lunches, great partys
Cons
healthcare
Life sucking place
Driver (Former Employee) –  OregonDecember 19, 2016
It seems management is completely obsessed with taking away everything good in the world. They will even call you in the office just to tell you they are going to fire you someday. They waited 2 years after that to finally let me go. I can't believe how much time I wasted there.
Pros
The hardships forces tight bonds with non management co workers.
Cons
Everything else.
Worst place to work ever. Unless you like favoritism.
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 21, 2016
The managers are absolutely unfair with the employees. Giving employees that have been there a long time special protection from rules. Exempting them from certain rules. They don't enforce the rules from corporate to certain people. They have absolutely no incentive to make employees want to do better. The employees are nothing but expendable to management. It would really be good if someone from corporate sees this review.
Pros
I can't think of any pros. They charge you for your lunch. Even if you don't take a lunch.
Cons
Great place to work and great group of people to work with.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2016
This company specializes in protecting the earth and every thing around us. From recycleing paper to old medicin bottles.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
No health care coverage
Relaxed atmosphere, semi-professional based
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 19, 2016
My typical day consisted of A/R and A/P, Collections, Customer Relations such as complaints and scheduling, Employee payroll, Daily and weekly budgeting reports for two locations.
Pros
Salary based, Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Senior management was untrustworthy
Could be better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTOctober 19, 2016
the job is good because you can be your own boss once you have your own route. you are responsible for your route and the customers you have on a regular. Management will time after time throw your route off because of their miss management on their end and you end up getting screwed over. Pay is ok could be better
Pros
4/10 work days optional 5th day for overtime
Cons
work load can be very overwhelming, dispatch can be awful
Ability to work alone or as part of a team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 6, 2016
best part of the job is the coworkers. A great bunch of guys who are willing to help any way needed. The hardest part of the job is going out on an unfamiliar route.
Shred-it offers a good work enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 2, 2016
At Shred-it I was able to advance in my career as a commercial driver. The managers and employees are all very good people and teach you the skills you need to interact with customers and help the solve any issues they may have. It is a good place for an entry level driver however there are no opportunities for advanced at this company.
Words can't describe this company...
Inside sales executive (telemarketer) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2016
Lack of/poor management, leadership, from top to bottom, not a call center or sales role but a small room with telemarketer stacked on top of each other, non working phones and systems, CRM not organized, no moral integrity... Employees stealing each other's deals. Do not work for this company, no career advancement, dead end job, high turn over, poor benefits
Pros
Business hours
Fun and energetic
Sales and Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYSeptember 5, 2016
Productive and energetic place to work. Great team and fun place to work.

A typical day at work involve acting as a first point of contact with clients, handling request for information and being able to resolve issues that the customer may have.

I learned that the customer experience is the most important part of the job.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes not being able to resolve the customer's issues right away.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie with my co-workers.
Pros
Understanding boss
Cons
Healthcare
Making sure your information is Secure
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MISeptember 4, 2016
Good company to work for and they are the best in the industry to handle all of your shredding needs. The company may be a little pricey but it's worth it when your security is at stake.
Pros
Great Resources to shred all types of confidential material
Cons
Need to establish more Trust with customers
Great company great benefit great pay
security service representative (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILAugust 31, 2016
Good place to work people friendly a place to learn about destruction of materal I learn alot about how to destroy certain type of classify information
Pros
GOOD WORK RELATIONSHIP
Cons
NONE
Great stepping stone job
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 30, 2016
I have gotten a lot of experience working with Shred It. The office positions are being eliminated in the company, and they are moving to a call center type environment. Office moral is way down at this point, but overall it has been an ok place to work.
Would give 0 stars if possible!
Route Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALAugust 25, 2016
This company has very unrealistic expectations of you. Extremely poor management. Extremely unethical with their employees and their customers. Extremely physical demanding job with very long work hours. If someone needed a company to use as an example for safety validations this would be the one. To my astonishment I noticed this company had three stars which is obviously rig by upper management in the company.
Pros
There are no Pros
Cons
Everything stated above plus
Changes
Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 23, 2016
Work was good, lots of changes to the roll. Still trying to figure out what it will look like long term. Leadership is good and will get it figured out.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Lots of transition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shred-It. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8