Shred-It Employee Reviews

Worst Management Ever
CSR (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 12, 2016
They have the worst management I've ever encountered speaking with them was like speaking to a wall they treat their minorities like slaves they have no Hispanic or black in the upper echelon of management.therefore no equal representation or no way to protect the employees interest in other words if someone doesn't agree with you or your opinion you can be fired over the 9 years I was employed management was never stable always in transition new people come in and the workers suffer it was like you first day on the job raises they nickle and dime you to death especially if they don't particularly like you my assessment don't work for them.
Pros
Benefits family time
Cons
Bad management
Driver - Todd Rady - Supr (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 28, 2016
Job was very physical and fast paced. The equipment was prone to mechanical problems which took some time to repair. Employees were good
Pros
Hours and benefits, employees and management
Cons
Equipment breakdown
Excellent work coulture
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 15, 2015
All partners at Shred-It were helpful and wanted to see each other succeed. I have come in contact with many employees at different levels (fellow sales executives, account managers, drivers, national account managers, district sales managers) and they all provided me with tools, resources, and advice for anything I needed help with. Shred-It definitely has a family-like feel to it, especially within each branch. They pride themselves on excellent customer service and being #1 in information security.
Pros
reimbursement, healthcare, compensation plan
Cons
many changes after merger in 2014
my job description
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILJuly 7, 2016
I love my job in customer service, i love my partners they are a second family to me . We have merged for a second time and the company is changing in a direction I am unsure about. The location is quite far from my home I was looking for something closer to my home. I have a very busy day with muiti- tasking from the phones, to emails to the drivers asking for help. It is very fast pace but i love every minute of it.. THe hardest part is the commute I have concern the toll it is taking on my vehicle as well.. Itake credit card payments, schedule days for service for customers calling in i work with our national account team for those important accounts that need a little TLC
Cons
distance
Poor Management
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJuly 19, 2015
This is a very easy job at times. But management can make it very difficult. It seems like the harder and faster you work the more they give you. But if you work slow and never finish your route than you get less stops. I can only speak for my location. The supervisor and the other office worker do not know how to handle customers and the never take fault for all the mistakes that they make. And the GM stands behind them. But he is only there 1 day a week and does not know what goes on at his own location. It's like he is on a year long vacation.
Pros
Family time
Cons
very low raises, Poor management, no advancement, No Appreciation
Fun and energetic
Sales and Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYSeptember 5, 2016
Productive and energetic place to work. Great team and fun place to work.

A typical day at work involve acting as a first point of contact with clients, handling request for information and being able to resolve issues that the customer may have.

I learned that the customer experience is the most important part of the job.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes not being able to resolve the customer's issues right away.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie with my co-workers.
Pros
Understanding boss
Cons
Healthcare
Would give 0 stars if possible!
Route Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALAugust 25, 2016
This company has very unrealistic expectations of you. Extremely poor management. Extremely unethical with their employees and their customers. Extremely physical demanding job with very long work hours. If someone needed a company to use as an example for safety validations this would be the one. To my astonishment I noticed this company had three stars which is obviously rig by upper management in the company.
Pros
There are no Pros
Cons
Everything stated above plus
Review
Customer Service Represenitive (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSNovember 24, 2015
Great job and benefits and would refer anyone to work there any day of the week but would give the advise that it is tough work
Pros
benefits and family time
Cons
needs new trucks and pay could be a little better
Waist of time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 7, 2016
Very unprofessional, just bought out by stericycle and everybody who mattered left. Hr took off and everything went down the drain. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Supervisors everywhere and nothing gets done correctly. Constantly have to hear customer's complaining about service. If your desperate and need a job, ok go for it. But, if you can manage to tough it out for a little longer, work somewhere else.
Pros
PLENTYOF WORK
Cons
MANAGEMENT IS LOST
Shred San Diego - review - chalanging and fun
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2016
I worked for Shred San Diego for 11 years and owned a small percent of the company before it was acquired by Shred-it. I never worked for Shred-It, so really have nothing to say about them. My work experience with Shred San Diego was a good one and enjoyed my time there and all of the people I worked with. It was fun building a company that started with 1 truck and 3 employees to one that had over 10 employees and 4 trucks.
Words can't describe this company...
Inside sales executive (telemarketer) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2016
Lack of/poor management, leadership, from top to bottom, not a call center or sales role but a small room with telemarketer stacked on top of each other, non working phones and systems, CRM not organized, no moral integrity... Employees stealing each other's deals. Do not work for this company, no career advancement, dead end job, high turn over, poor benefits
Pros
Business hours
Attractive Sales Job
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2016
Long training cycle to start
Have to be a hunter for new business
Great family atmosphere
Flexibility to do what you need to do to make sales happen
Pros
-Family atmosphere at the local level but backed by a huge corporation, -Competitive base salary and attractive comp plan, -Nice Benefits, -Personal responsibility and flexibility, -Best company in the industry, -Support staff is a huge help
Cons
-Major decisions not made at a local level, -Majority of pay is new business so if you are not a hunter this is not a job for you, -No range of products to sell, -Long training cycle however necessary and compensated for
Productive, playing pool
Clerical duties (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2016
A day working for Shred-it is a great day. Everyone helps each other great environment . I learned different things everyday, like how to better service our customer. The hardest part of my job is being so busy that I cant finish my job because were not allowed over-time. But I enjoy every bit of working with each employee is always a blast.
Pros
Free lunches for special occasions
Cons
Short breaks and lunch
Productive place to work.
Driver & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midway, FLSeptember 24, 2015
I worked for this company for many years and enjoyed what I was doing. The company can provide better benefits for their employees. The company should invest in up to date equipment so their employees don't have to work so hard and they can be more productive.
Not worth the pay
n/a (Former Employee) –  n/aAugust 17, 2016
Pay is $13.00 an hour. They don't just want drivers, they want drivers who are faces of the company with great customer service skills. You have the responsibility of driving on the road safe and the responsibility of protecting and keeping valuable material safe. Yet like I said, they pay 13.00 an hour.
Pros
Great company
Cons
The pay is insulting.
Making sure your information is Secure
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MISeptember 4, 2016
Good company to work for and they are the best in the industry to handle all of your shredding needs. The company may be a little pricey but it's worth it when your security is at stake.
Pros
Great Resources to shred all types of confidential material
Cons
Need to establish more Trust with customers
Great stepping stone job
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 30, 2016
I have gotten a lot of experience working with Shred It. The office positions are being eliminated in the company, and they are moving to a call center type environment. Office moral is way down at this point, but overall it has been an ok place to work.
Productive and enjoyably work place
Custumer service representative (Former Employee) –  Sharon, MAMarch 29, 2016
I acquired a great experience working at Shred it. My co- worker were always willing to point me on the right direction and gave constantly support accomplishing every day tasks. Management working perfect harmony with every body having the best results .
Great company great benefit great pay
security service representative (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILAugust 31, 2016
Good place to work people friendly a place to learn about destruction of materal I learn alot about how to destroy certain type of classify information
Pros
GOOD WORK RELATIONSHIP
Cons
NONE
Love it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 23, 2016
Working here was a great experience until new management was brought in. I didn't except my past felony.

I really did well in the position and I established very good relations with clients and staff.

2.9