Shred-It

Shred-It United States Employee Reviews

Shred-it
Account Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 2, 2015
I was with this company through some major transitions. We went from private to public. With that being said, there were growing pains and managerial changes. I was in the field and on the road a lot with this job so communication with my inner office staff was crucial. I depended on the inner office to execute my sales and deliveries. The hardest part of the job was the managerial changes that were being made from a birds eye view. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to love what I did and the rewards for hard work.
great place to learn
driver (Former Employee), L.A.March 16, 2015
fun job if you are looking to move up, this is the place you can do just about anything once you get hired in the city. they teach you to drive forklifts, manual trans trucks and how to fix heavy machinery.
High manager turnover creates confusion
Regional Account Executive (Former Employee), Troy, MIMarch 12, 2015
Pros: none come to mind
Cons: mgmt. turnover, unproductive meetings, sales goals unrealistic
Highly transactional sales, daily and weekly goals. Unproductive meetings are common taking away from selling time.
A very professional place to work.
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Stockton, CAMarch 5, 2015
The hardest part of the job, is if you fall short of your quota for the week, you have to try an make up the difference in the following week. The most enjoyable part of the job is working independently all week.
a good place to make money
Driver (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: lot of overtime
Cons: some trucks are on bad shape conditions
i used to love it, a lot of overtime my favor part.Pick up and deliver all the time,as long management saw your a good worker they are ok with workers.
all driver are very helpfull to new drivers they give you all the support thats need to get job done
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great company so far they take care of driver they make sure you get help if need
Cons: have to have a good work pace
I have only been here for short period of time work is very easy once you learn your route were you are going . very long days which is fine work 10 or more hours a day four day a week.
District Sales Manager
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 10, 2015
My experience with Shred-it was great until the merger with Cintas and was laid off due to duplication of rolls 7 months into the position
Very shady
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bessemer, ALFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: employees and customers
Cons: pay, management/policy
was a great job in the beginning, but after District moved and fired people it became very shady. Far as in pay scale what you sold for that month and whether or not you would get a bonus... the mechanics and the customers are great. good experience other than that
Low pay, long days, excruciating work.
CSR (Current Employee), Omaha, NeJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: nice employees
Cons: low pay for the amount of work
Work from sun up to sun down. Lift bags over 100lbs all day long. Very strenuous. Now free time what so ever. I had to drop my night classes for this place. My boss knew when I had class, and each day he made it the heaviest. Management's planning for routes makes no sense what so ever.
Great place before it became corporate.
Mechanic/Warehouse (Former Employee), Kent, WADecember 10, 2014
Pros: overtime to make money
Cons: a lot of work, but no problem.
I like working for them in Washington state when they were still a franchise. I was well taken care of I actually matter to them. I left when corporate bought them back. I hear the guys aren't too happy anymore.
Successful and professional work environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 25, 2014
Pros: the ability to be successful
Cons: cost of healthcare
Shred-it is a workplace with a good mix of senior and new employees who both have a lot pride in their job. A typical day is starting at 6am to prepare the equipment for the technicians, have a quick meeting to go over any necessary topics and take any questions the technicians might have. After all the technicians are on the road our operations team has our own quick meeting along with warehouse personnel to discuss what is needed to be completed to make the operation successful. At this point customer calls are accepted and all departments (sales, operations, warehouse, administrative) begin their daily responsibilities. My employment with Shred-it began as a service technician, I learned how important it is keeping confidential information safe and secure. The hardest part of my job is when I was promoted to Supervisor and was responsible for the routing of over 300 customers on a daily basis. Even though it was a big responsibility it was very rewarding and I loved the challenge. This was also the most enjoyable part of the job, knowing I had the trust of the company to route all of the companies accounts. I was fortunate enough to have a supportive and skilled Management team which was the way it was throughout the company mostly due to the companies training procedures. Shred-It is a company that makes it possible for anyone to move up within the company and be successful in whatever position you hold.
time off allowed for elder care
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 16, 2014
company allowed time off for elder care but did have a hostile work environment because of time off for said elder care.
Shred-It is a good company to work for
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Carrollton, TexasNovember 14, 2014
Pros: each day is challenging and not like the day before
Cons: limited resources
Shred-It provides a great opportunity to learn and to grow in the industry. I learned how to analyze P&L statements and use the information to increase efficiency. Management had to work within strict company guidelines as the corporate office promoted consistency to all branches(US and International). Co-workers were the best part of the job, had a family environment. The hardest part of the job was working with limited resources.
Great Company
Driver (Current Employee), Sanford, FLNovember 6, 2014
Very supportive management team, great team environment.
Bully bosses, unreasonable quotas, 100 call per day minimum. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BOILERROOM ATMOSPHERE
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Denville, NJOctober 21, 2014
Pros: location near morris county home
Cons: fear mongers
Helpful suggestions for efficiency or better practice is not welcome by this management or the Canadian owners. Ignoring this warning can cost you your job there. Fear and anxiety ruled this place when I was there. A 72 column report and another report are both required daily, 2 (30-minute +) meetings daily except on Wednesdays when there are 5 (30 min-1hour) meetings (of course would affect ability to meet the calling quota but not accepted). You learn quickly that telling the truth is not acceptable, which means you have to learn to lie well. Having a job a tall these days is a blessing but not with these guys. Stealing commissions from others territory is common. Territory is constantly changing. I'd run away from this company fast. The most enjoyable part of the day is leaving the parking lot.
pays well
Driver and Shredder (Former Employee), Woburn, MAOctober 9, 2014
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work consisted of me driving from company to company picking up confidential documents that needed to be properly destroyed. I learned how to drive a box truck, received my certification as a forklift operator, and also learned how to use new equipment and technology. Management was usually understanding about personal matters and tried to keep workload light, but at times demanded far too much for one person to handle in a day. My co-workers were very respectful and kind, and were always willing to show me the right way to do something or take my advice into consideration. The hardest part of the job was trying to navigate downtown Boston in a box truck with limited GPS signal.
Nice company
Inside sales executive/ Font desk receptionist (Former Employee), riverside caOctober 8, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: call center environment
I started as a Receptionist/appointment setter with the company. I was responsible for answering all incoming calls and transfer to the proper party. Sort mail and distribute to different departments. Follow up on all emails, voice mails, and faxes within the hour.Daily filing and scanning. I was then promoted to Inside Sales. I was responsible for making calls to customers and get feed back on their services. Fill out daily reports. Complete proper forms to set up service for customers. Daily filing. Attend weekly meetings. Trained new employees.
Very good work enviroment.
Customer Service Rep/Driver (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILOctober 7, 2014
Pros: people there were great.
Cons: company benefits were minimal.
Learned how important it is to keep information safe and secure. The management and co-workers were some of the nicest people to work for and with. Hardest part of the job was how much lifting pushing and pulling that was required. Most enjoyable part was every day was different.
Poor Management
Sales and Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: mandatory overtime, management, rude salesmen, corporate doesn't care about you, always busy and never happy.
A typical day at Shred-It NY starts with your boss sending you 400 emails of tasks for the day, not including your daily responsibilities that don't require reminders. The position I was in was held by two other girls who loved nothing more than to pass work off on someone else. Its every man/woman for themselves at this office. I learned to just do my job, keep focus on the customer's needs and get through the day. Make no mistake, I used to love my job. I worked at another branch of Shred-It on the west coast. I was treated with respect and felt like part of a team. Shred-It NY is the exact opposite. Grouchy moods plague the office. Management was awful. Management is never on your side, whether an issue that came up was of no fault of your own (i.e. salesmen misspelled information on a contract and now a customer is upset because YOU are the one who inputs the information, even though the sales sheet is SUPPOSED to be approved by THEIR manager before being submitted to my department). The hardest part of the job was pleasing the customer, which is something this branch could not do. Their "Oh well, so sad!" attitude towards a customer was very disheartening. I would try everything I could in my power to help the customer, but that's where it ended. Nobody would go the extra mile for our customers, not even their own coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my day at Shred-It was leaving, knowing I had completed my tasks and did the best job I could for our customers
Great People
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mobile, ALSeptember 16, 2014
Worked for shred-it years ago and the people were great. They really worked with you in certain situations. They always did a good job communicating.

1 2 3 4

About Shred-It

Shred-it does just what its name says. The company specializes in secure on-site shredding of documents, as well as non-paper – Read more

Shred-It Salaries