Shriners Hospitals for Children Employee Reviews in United States

contracted currently under Morrison compass group
Relief Evening Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2016
great managment nice unforms fun places to work
good team work
a new building. there no hard part to this job
Excellent Managment. working with special needs patients
Pros
free lunches
Cons
evening traffic
Wonderful place to work.
Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXJune 22, 2016
Wonderful place to work, great co-workers, and miracles happen here. Perform administrative work for one of the hospital Administrative Directors. Responsible for data collection and research, for completion of Community Health Needs Assessment report.
Pros
Part Time Employment
Cons
Specific job duties undetermined
Awesome revenue cycle dept
Physican Coder (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 7, 2016
I can't say nothing bad about this company. The management team is hardworking, dedicated, and gives great feedback to the employees. I start working at the Tampa Florida location and ended up in Georgia. The management team had so much belief in my work that a business license was establish to keep me with the company. I no longer work for this company but after reading some of the bad reviews, i was stung. I can honestly say the bad reviews are lies. The management team fight for their staff and go well and beyond their duties to make sure everyone on the revenue cycle team is comfortable and prepared.
Pros
Children first priority, great benefits and environment
Cons
Worst place to work for. If it was not for the childiren this place should go under
N/A (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2016
I have worked in hospitals over twenty five years now and worked with Shriners up to the point they hired a new CEO that was the worst person I have ever met. Constant harassment, no employee appreciation, and tons more. I pity the person who will be working with her. Other than that there is no increments, Lies of a better life and work conditions in Pasadena, and last but not least, constant and up and coming layoffs. I feel sorry for the great people that work at Los Angeles Shriners because they hold on to a dream of better but just get mud thrown in their face all the time and no one cares. I had to rate the company but there was no stars lower or I would have used them.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Constant hurassment from Administrator, no respect twards workers
Great place to work.
Server (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 4, 2016
I work with a great group of people. The job I have we generally prepare food and serve three meals for our patients and their families. Clean and do dishes. Cashier when needed. We all work together as a team to care for our patients and families, and fellow employees. I will need a new job because this Department will not be moving to the new location on UK Campus.
Pros
Great Company to be employed by.
Cons
They will be closing and moving without Dietary Dept.
Productive and fun place to work
Business Office Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
i loved shriners hospitals.....but do to Hurricane Ike 90% of employees were laid off...did not like the fact that they did not rehire dedicated employees once the hospital reopened in Galveston..i was hopping to retire there and had 16 years of service.
great place to work
Patient Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2016
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a wonderful place to work. especially when you have a special kind of love for children. My typical day at work is when I come into my office in the morning checking emails and returning phone calls to insurance companies to request certain documentation for certain medical procedures and to verify if insurance will cover services provided. I work with great co-workers. Most enjoyable part of my day is making sure the needs of our children at Shriners are met.
Shriners Hospital
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2016
Shriners hospital is a great place to work, everyone is always friendly and kind. Being a small hospital gives us the opportunity to know one another not only the workers but the patience and their families as well.
Pros
They give a lot without expecting anything in return
Cons
Not enough time
Its a good place to work
Physician Liaison (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Everyday is a good day at Shriners, the reward comes from the kids that get help that would otherwise not have. You know your duty and are given the tools, support and space to do it.
Pros
Kids matter culture
Cons
Med Center
A very nice place to work
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2015
The people are helpful, friendly and very good at what they do.

No micromanaging, you are left you your own devises to do your job. Many opportunities to contribute to the team. This position is labor intensive, but very worth the hard work.

Want to know more about Shriners Hospitals for Children?

Ask a question
Great medical staff, poor management
Medical staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2015
The surgeons, APN's, nurses, and therapists are wonderful, caring, and knowledgable. However, effective communication between middle management and medical staff is poor to nill and the relationship, adversarial. Feedback from medical staff is not taken into consideration when issues arise, which is often.

The medical triage for new patients appointments are performed by non-medical staff.

There is no hope for positive change in regards to improving clinic efficacy and flow.

The great motivation for staying at the Shrine is to take care of the patients. Too bad management does not feel that way about the employees.
Pros
Great medical staff
Cons
Poor management
environmental (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 2, 2015
I'm changing departments but I've been in this department for almost a year and it's fantastic. Best boss and job I've ever had.
one sided place
Remote Physician Coder (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2015
The management is one-sided, not trustworthy, and disrespectful. You can't go to human resource for its one sided as well. This company takes up for each other. If the manager is doing something wrong then you can't report it for you will lose your job. The computers are always down or frozed. The compensation isn't well. You only get anywhere from $0.05-$0.50 raise yearly depends on accuracy, productivity, and kissing the manager tail. The manager always choose and pick who she wants to work with and always take sides of certain people. The auditors doesn't know what there doing. This company really needs to be audit for coding. For, there coding guidelines is incorrect. The team isn't pleasant, the people tells on everyone. Instead of helping you they set you up for failure. You work remote but feels like your going into the office daily. I wouldn't recommend this place for any remote coding nor to work for. I'm looking to leave now.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
no advancement, human resource are not legit, and manager is one-sided
Nice organization to work for. Best HR Department I ever knew.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2015
Very nice organization and very disciplined. Each department maintained an excellent attitude for their work product.
Pros
Perfect in all rules and regulations.
Cons
Everyone was edgy about losing their employment.
Staff Nurse Review
Nursing (Former Employee) –  St. LouisJuly 10, 2015
Some staff not willing or receptive to work with new nurses. Some of the staff members need to be more open and receptive to cultural diversity and accepting of changes in healthcare.
Pros
Free parking
Excellent Internship
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 27, 2015
Great place to work. Opportunity to work as part of an interdisciplinary team. Learned about a multitude of childhood orthopedic disorders.
Terrible place to work. Management does not care about employees.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniaJune 19, 2015
Shriners Hospitals for Children was a very unprofessional place to work with poor management and a very unprofessional Human Resources department and there was no room for advancement. The Human Resources Department did not care about the employees and the department lacked confidentiality. The facility has a very high turnover of employees and everything was behind the times in regards to technology (outdated computers, everything was manual, paper files, no applicant tracking system to track employees, still using pagers, etc.) and it had outdated practices and processes. During my time at Shriners it was discovered that some of the medical staff at this hospital were working without certifications and licensure, some had licenses revoked by the state and most of the employees were under qualified and/ or under paid. This facility really should be audited and looked into by immediately. BEWARE!
Pros
Helping sick children
Cons
Poor Management and Human Resource Department.
Mission is real
Manager, Financial Services (Current Employee) –  St. Louis MisouriJune 16, 2015
The mission of Shriners hospitals is real and exceptional. Co-workers are great and caring. Most of management is the same. Enjoy my job..
Pros
helping children
awesome environment for the sick children
RN/ICU (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2015
happy to work here,very good staff. Friendly environment for children who are recovering from their trauma experience.
Working at Shriners Hospitals for Children
Therapist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2015
Working with the patients was the best part of working there. The Clinic is unorganized and sometimes takes a family all day for a visit. The clinical staff is burned out.

Shriners Hospitals for Children Reviews by Location