Shriners Hospitals for Children Employee Reviews

Sr. Executive Assistant
Sr. AA to the Chief of Staff (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2017
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief of Staff was intense. We oversaw 22 hospitals in 21 different locations. Traveled a lot and worked with so many personalities was interesting.
Pros
You get to work with amazing children who are agaist the odds but beat them!
Cons
Corportate is a mess - very disorganized
Amazing and fun
Producer and co-art director (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 30, 2017
This company was so warm and fun to work with. They were very open minded about the direction we wanted to go in with fezzy that they gave us full control over the project. I enjoyed my time with them immensly.
Pros
Creative freedom and fun environment for creatives
Cons
None.
Could be better
HIM Clerk/ Patient Registration (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2017
Too many lies about what corporate can offer, yes everything comes from corporate. No real growth unless you know a Shriner. Its a great place to help.
Pros
working with children and their familes.
Cons
no advancements
Care Management
Nurse Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2017
The patient population of special needs pediatric patients is challenging and rewarding. Shriners provides a unique work environment with a non-profit organization.
great place to work
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 1, 2017
Shriners is a good place to work, They do great things for kids. I really enjoy working here over any other place I have worked. I worked at the corporate office.
Pros
Rewarding career
Cons
Compensation
Loved the work and the patients...hated management
Clinic Office Coordinator/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 25, 2017
Management was horrible, and it trickled down from the very top. nowhere to go for support. no one has your back. the patients and families we served were great with amazing stories. they are the only reason i stayed as long as i did.
Great Place to work
Retired Law Enforcement. (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 12, 2017
I was security officer in 2008 & 2009 Lay Off would Never leave. Management support excellent. Hoping to go back as new opportunities. Was in a Children's Hospital as a child, saved my life due to Polo. RetDet
Pros
People
Cons
Snow Days
Stuck in the ice age
Revenue Cycle Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2017
Many of the employees have been there for decades. They refuse to change. Good luck to anyone that joins the company. If you do not want to work hard with no advancement ,this is the place for you.
i enjoyed working there
Laundry Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 31, 2017
The children and there families are a joy to be around. Most of the employees were a blast to work with. And all and all a good place to work. The children are the reason to work there.
benefits
Cons
could be let go any time
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TX 77550March 7, 2017
It is a good place to work. I am gaining valuable experience. The only issue I have is that I am unable to advance, but that is based on the department I am with.
What an awesome place...
Clinical Experience (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 21, 2017
This job is so refreshing and AWESOME! Leadership takes the time to listen and changes are made for the better for ALL. The culture is family oriented. I love coming to work!!!
fun place to work
Department Assistant/Housing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 14, 2017
I loved my job at Shriner's Honolulu. I worked with the international patients and I learned so much about their culture and now I have friend all over the south pacific.
Live the mission
Real Property Asset Management (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Always reminded of the wonderful cause we support in our daily roles. It is the feel good part of working for Shriners Hospitals!!
The work is great. The staff is another story.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Typical day at work is good. This is not a hard job to manage. What I learned from here is that this company wants to stay in the 1970's. They do not want to change for the better. Management has just settled for what the board prefers. Instead of showing them the possibilities of what this company could truly become, they just let the board have their way because they are scared of technology. They still sign every check once a week. Not a good business process at all. The workplace culture is half and half depending on where you work. There are some personality issues. It can be like a high school at times. The hardest part of this job is knowing that there are some many business possibilities to make lots of money by just making some major changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is not having a backlog of work.
Great place to work!
Interim Administrator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 31, 2016
Driving force is seeing patients get better. All employees live and breath the mission to help children and their families. As is the case in most healthcare facilities, resources are limited and with the onset of increased electronic applications, staffing is decreased and it is always difficult to see hardworking people leave the organization. This is the reality of working in the healthcare field.
Humbling experience
current employee (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 15, 2016
I love working for Shriners. However the traffic is terrible around the campus in every direction no matter where you live from here. There are some old school ways of thinking and if it does not change these doors could close. There are many upper management that think we can keep the hospital doors open on donations alone and if we don't start doing things like regular hospitals we won't have a hospital to keep doing this wonderful mission all of us here are so dedicated to do. Everybody loses then.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with who believe in this mission
Cons
Old Schoolers who don't realize we have to move into this century to keep doors open
Great place for the children who need Shriners speciaities
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2016
Obtaining and reviewing patient information. Verifying patients insurance eligibility. Answering phone calls making and scheduling patient appointments. Mailing out Transportation list to the Shrines for patients that are in need of a ride to there appointment. Filing charts in alpha order,
Pros
Great place for children of special needs
Cons
Supervisor's changed often and firing of many at same time.
Fun place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  philadehia paOctober 30, 2016
Love helping the kids in need. Shriners is a great place to work in. the hardest part of the job is seeing the kids in pain. co worker are always willing to help.
Pros
$1 parking, easily accessible, friendly staff
Love being part of a team that changes kids lives!
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 6, 2016
I chose to work at Shriners Hospitals for Children-Northern California because I wanted to be a part of the team that makes a life-changing difference for children. My work has a much larger purpose and I find that incredibly satisfying. Although I don't provide patient care, I am fortunate to witness and share the magic that happens at our children's hospital. The dedication and talent of the employees is inspirational.
Pros
I feel like my job serves a much larger purpose. I love being part of a team that helps children.
Great place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  KentuckySeptember 14, 2016
Great place and company to work for. Everyone works towards the same goal which is helping child. Positive fun environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shriners Hospitals for Children. Our community is ready to answer.

Shriners Hospitals for Children Reviews by Location