SHRM Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Shrm club
Club Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 18, 2016
I wasn't actually working for the Society for Human Resource management. This was a college club that I joined and acted as a treasurer for but it won't be until next year that SHRM acknowledges them as a part of SHRM.
feel more like a for profit organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 1, 2016
great people, good for experience, used to have a better work-life balance.. mostly now is work.. free benefits being cut, under going major changes in management now, upper management great, middle management coming and going.. good job for a couple of yrs 3-5
Pros
co-worker are great, location great, experince very good
Cons
advancement poor, review process subjective, cliquish
Ample information under student membership.
Student Human Resource Management (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJanuary 3, 2016
Receive ample information under their student membership. With the ability to gain certifications, and experience within the human resource field.
This is a collegiate Involvement
Club member (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 3, 2016
This is an extra activity college club that I am involved in. This group had guest speakers and industry tours of different facilities that helped give students studying HR a peek in to the HR world. It is very informational and helpful.
Easily adaptable group
PT Contract Bookkeeper - SHRM (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2015
I have been working for the Jacksonville Chapter since May 2014 and have found all of the members quite pleasant and helpful.
Pros
Parttime Contract
A day a SHRM
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 21, 2015
I love the culture and work environment. SHRM also provides great benefits. However, I started at SHRM as an entry level professional and after 9 years with the company, I am looking to advance my career.
Pros
Telework, Traveling Opportunities
Great, relaxed environment
Decline to specify (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 9, 2015
There was a family culture with SHRM when I worked there. Many of the staff were very close and many of them had been with SHRM for several years (some of them even to this day!). I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and it was my exposure to HR during this time that helped me realize my career path.
Pros
work-life balance, family environment
Cons
can't think of any
Well respected organization
Director (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 4, 2015
SHRM is the premier membership organization for the HR profession. Very good at what it traditionally does but has a hard time thinking outside the box as an organization. "How we've always done it" was heard regularly.
Network Engineer
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alexandra, VAMay 6, 2014
Information Technology professional with extensive experienced working within Network Operations Center (NOC), Data Center and Enterprise Network environments supporting telecommunication, application and network infrastructures.
Very important course to the HR Professional to be certificate in the HR Area
Coordinator SPHR/PHR - Certification Course (Current Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRJanuary 20, 2014
-Coordinates/Provides support of material to the SHRM PR Chapter Office in accordance with the necessities that may occur to them in behalf to the students that assist to the SPHR/PHR Certification Course.
-Manages materials for the pre and post-test trainee exams and assist the class teacher in manage important information to students
Great IT team members
ERP Project Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 7, 2013
What I learned from SHRM: people comes first. I like the philosophy of such an organization.