Shurtape Technologies and ShurTech Brands, LLC Employee Reviews

Shurtape is a company that values their employees and their happiness more than any company I have worked for thus far in my life.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 18, 2015
I would recommend Shurtape to anyone looking for an employer that requires good work and supplies you with the training and management to do such work. This is a company that values their family feel. Each individual that works at Shurtape seems to come to work with a positive attitude and a willingness to help in any way, shape, or form necessary.
Basically run a roller machine all day
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 2, 2015
Come in hang tape then check machine for jams, load cores then run machine while boxing tape. unclog jams if neccasary and be productive.
Was a great place to work.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHOctober 23, 2015
Work there 10 years and then all of a sudden I was not doing my job, funny how that came about, was some what over loaded with work and I was told if I needed help to ask when I did all refused like they wanted me to fail. I feel it was planned. I will say Thank for the time I was there I did give you all I had and this was my pay back.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Management.
Fun place to work with great company culture.
Consumer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHSeptember 25, 2015
A Fun place to work. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day. Enjoyed working with my colleagues and volunteering for various activities.
Not Bad for a temp job
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHJuly 26, 2015
The company is a good, being a temp at the company doesn't pay as good as being apart of the company. A day of work starts at 4:30 am and ends at 3 pm, the workers are nice and friendly, and the line leads are easy to get along with
Great work environment/ wonderful coworkers
Digital Asset Admin thru TRNStaffing (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJuly 23, 2015
I really enjoyed the people and the department I worked in. Unfortunately, Shurtech does not like to hire permanent workers and uses mostly temporary and intern workers.
There was a need to improve communication and stronger connect between departments.
Pros
Fun people, company provides a family style environment
Cons
lack of communication, very rare permanent employment opportunities
Productive, Motivating, and Fun work Culture
Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJuly 6, 2015
*Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
*I learned how to accurately organize and file documents
*Management is always willing to help you and motivate you to get you to the next level from entry to the position you desire
*Co-workers keep to themselves but are always willing to lend a helping hand when needed
*The hardest part of the job is taking on many tasks that require your full attention on the small detail but still being able to get it done in a timely fashion
*I enjoyed being able to work in different departments and get my hands in many projects and tasks
Pros
Work Culture and Experience, Motiative work team, and Wonderful atmosphere
Cons
N/A
great job
Mixing Crew (Former Employee) –  Stony Point, NCMay 27, 2015
This company was good to work for. I like the ppeople I worked with and was able to do different jobs throughout the week so as ti not become to bored with one job.
Pros
paid break and lunch
Cons
dusty enviornment and hot in places
Very productive and team oriented.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 9, 2015
Shurtape was a good opportunity to start at entry level. The people there are all hard workers. I learned how to be a machine operator and material handler. Management was good depending on which shift and department. The hardest part of the job was all the standing around watching a machine wind the tape. The most enjoyable part was when you needed to unload and load the rolls from the winder.
productive and fun
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 6, 2015
I learn that team work makes the day run smooth and very productive. There is nothing hard about the job, if you follow instructions and guidelines. The most enjoyable part of the job is having to multi-task and keep the machine going for production.
Pros
nice place to work, air conditioning vented
Cons
nothing
Great work environment/ wonderful coworkers
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHMarch 5, 2015
Though it was short term, my experience at Shurtech Brands, LLC was one of the best I have ever enjoyed.
I highly recommend this company to anyone.
good place to work
APM (Accelerated Project Management) Manager (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHJanuary 14, 2015
good place to work, good work /life balance, fitness on site, good co-workers, innovative people. managment needs to better plan ahead.
very friendly
distribution associate (Current Employee) –  Catawba, NCJanuary 12, 2015
good place to work. very understanding managment. thjob is not very phisical. the enviroment is not harsh. very nice facility.overall very good pay and benifits.i enjoy working with my team members. we ship materials all over the country and the world.overall its a good place to work.
Pros
friendly staff and fun team members.
Cons
hard to advance
Stable company with great benifits
B-Crew Maintenance Lead man (Current Employee) –  Stony Point, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Typical day includes emergency impairment repair and preventive maintenance. All the jobs at the plant are not that hard, but are fast paced. Absenteeism and tardiness are not tolerated. Overall great place to work.
Pros
compensation
Cons
many lazy workers that harder workers have to carry.
Great place to work.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHDecember 13, 2014
After clocking in, order selectors would sign out an electric pallet jack and proceed to audit to pick up tickets. We would scan these tickets with our RF guns and proceed to pick the orders detailed on the RF guns placing each box on the pallets in layers. After the order was complete, the pallet would have to be wrapped securely to be inspected at audit before shipment. Co-workers were very friendly. Everyone was very motivated. 30 minutes prior to clocking out we were all assigned a specific aisle to clean before the bell rang. We had two 15 min breaks and one 30 minute lunch daily. Very fun place to work.
Stable work environment
SAP MM Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 13, 2014
Secure Job
Management takes care of employee very well
Contineous education.
Entrepreneurial, high growth company
Director of Talent Management, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHNovember 10, 2014
Entrepreneurial, high growth company with committed leadership
Nice company to work for.
Compound Mixing Technician / Slitter Operator (Current Employee) –  Stony Point, NCOctober 30, 2014
Shurtape is a nice company to work for. You get to work plenty of hours, you get paid a decent rate. Like all factory jobs, you may have to work 7 days a week, sometimes only 4.
Pros
plenty of hour, laid back environment.
Cons
no chance for advancement, management needs a revamp.
Be pride to work with great pepole
Driver/Loader (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJune 18, 2014
Pick up list ,drive hi-low to different bays and start loading a skid with each order. Afterskid is complete take skid to wrapping area,and dropp in front of dock to be loaded.
Pros
not having so one constanly looking at you
Cons
weather is what every it is outside, inside.
Great group of people to work with, very productive, everyone knows what they need to do
Internship (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 27, 2014
My Internship at Shurtape was pretty good. I was assigned to my own project which allowed me to work at my own pace but also had responsibility to complete the project. Learned a lot about time management and communicating to other employee's

4.2