Shurtape Technologies and ShurTech Brands, LLC Employee Reviews

Packaging shurtech porducts
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJanuary 5, 2017
The job requires you to package different products made by shurtech brands and duct tape brands. The job varies depending on the line you're assigned to. From packaging rolls of tape to building displays.
Wonderful Experience
Marketing and Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJanuary 4, 2017
Internship was extremely hands-on. Never a dull moment. Management was very helpful and showed interest in teaching interns about the company and what they do.
Best place i ever worked would love to retire at this place
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Stony Point, NCDecember 9, 2016
What can I say I love working for a great company like Shurtape..I can see myself working there until I retire..the people are great the money is great they pride themselves on safety really is a awesome place to work
Used to be a enjoyable place to work
Slitter Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Stony Point, NCNovember 21, 2016
Really going downhill fast. The last 2-3 years of my career here I have seen the plant I work for go downhill. Unorganized, management seems to turn a blind eye to the problems. They say they are aware but don't seem to be critical of the situation. Morale is low among the employees here. Not sure if it will recover without a reset. I am sad about the current situation at a place I used to enjoy working at.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses, 2/3 shift schedule
Cons
Seniority trumps work ethic, opportunity for advancement doesn't exist without degree, newer management knows more about numbers than machines and how to troubleshoot them
Great place
Machine Operator, lead man, supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stony Point, NCSeptember 24, 2016
I retired from Shurtape after 26 Years
I started as a line operator and advanced to superior with little college.
Great people to work with
They care about you as a person
Enough said.
401 plan.
Pros
Good pay. Advancement
Cons
It's a fast pace job, love it
Adecco (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 10, 2016
Shurtape is a fast pace job but I have the experience from working at Starbucks, I get to operate the machine and I'm learning more about them everyday I've been working for the company since April and still work there, my supervisors are awesome
Pros
Learning
Cons
It's 12 hour shifts they help
A great place to be
Production Shift Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Stony Point, NCAugust 17, 2016
Shurtape is a great place to work. Its work-life balance is very positive along with the total package. It is well balanced overall. The job culture is positive as well.
Working student
Chemical Applicator (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 23, 2016
The 12 hour shifts are difficult while going to school, other than that the job itself has great benefits. You get quarterly bonuses and can work overtime.
fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 14, 2016
I enjoyed this job because of my co-workers and management. i never mind getting dirty and they didn't mind giving me overtime when i needed it
Pros
extra hours when needed
Cons
Great place with good people to work with.
Corporate Safety and Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 26, 2016
Shurtape is full of wonderful people to work with. The environment is challenging and presents many opportunities to learn.
Pros
Knowledgeable people to learn from, company takes good care of its employees
Cons
Very demanding at times

Want to know more about Shurtape Technologies and ShurTech Brands, LLC?

Ask a question
Good Could be Better
Leadman (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NCJanuary 28, 2016
Second largest tape manufacturer in the US. Owned and ran by family. The company seems to have a lot of good ideals and wants to always improve but most the time lacks the technology or is too set in the old ways to make progression. Most management is a good blend of college book smarts and hands on experience. The work force is very driven to produce the best tape they can.
Shurtape is a company that values their employees and their happiness more than any company I have worked for thus far in my life.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 18, 2015
I would recommend Shurtape to anyone looking for an employer that requires good work and supplies you with the training and management to do such work. This is a company that values their family feel. Each individual that works at Shurtape seems to come to work with a positive attitude and a willingness to help in any way, shape, or form necessary.
Basically run a roller machine all day
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 2, 2015
Come in hang tape then check machine for jams, load cores then run machine while boxing tape. unclog jams if neccasary and be productive.
Was a great place to work.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHOctober 23, 2015
Work there 10 years and then all of a sudden I was not doing my job, funny how that came about, was some what over loaded with work and I was told if I needed help to ask when I did all refused like they wanted me to fail. I feel it was planned. I will say Thank for the time I was there I did give you all I had and this was my pay back.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Management.
Fun place to work with great company culture.
Consumer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHSeptember 25, 2015
A Fun place to work. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day. Enjoyed working with my colleagues and volunteering for various activities.
Not Bad for a temp job
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHJuly 26, 2015
The company is a good, being a temp at the company doesn't pay as good as being apart of the company. A day of work starts at 4:30 am and ends at 3 pm, the workers are nice and friendly, and the line leads are easy to get along with
Great work environment/ wonderful coworkers
Digital Asset Admin thru TRNStaffing (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJuly 23, 2015
I really enjoyed the people and the department I worked in. Unfortunately, Shurtech does not like to hire permanent workers and uses mostly temporary and intern workers.
There was a need to improve communication and stronger connect between departments.
Pros
Fun people, company provides a family style environment
Cons
lack of communication, very rare permanent employment opportunities
Productive, Motivating, and Fun work Culture
Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJuly 6, 2015
*Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
*I learned how to accurately organize and file documents
*Management is always willing to help you and motivate you to get you to the next level from entry to the position you desire
*Co-workers keep to themselves but are always willing to lend a helping hand when needed
*The hardest part of the job is taking on many tasks that require your full attention on the small detail but still being able to get it done in a timely fashion
*I enjoyed being able to work in different departments and get my hands in many projects and tasks
Pros
Work Culture and Experience, Motiative work team, and Wonderful atmosphere
Cons
N/A
great job
Mixing Crew (Former Employee) –  Stony Point, NCMay 27, 2015
This company was good to work for. I like the ppeople I worked with and was able to do different jobs throughout the week so as ti not become to bored with one job.
Pros
paid break and lunch
Cons
dusty enviornment and hot in places
Very productive and team oriented.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 9, 2015
Shurtape was a good opportunity to start at entry level. The people there are all hard workers. I learned how to be a machine operator and material handler. Management was good depending on which shift and department. The hardest part of the job was all the standing around watching a machine wind the tape. The most enjoyable part was when you needed to unload and load the rolls from the winder.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shurtape Technologies and ShurTech Brands, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2