Shurtape Technologies and ShurTech Brands, LLC

Shurtape Technologies and ShurTech Brands, LLC Employer Reviews

good place to work
APM (Accelerated Project Management) Manager (Current Employee), Avon, OHJanuary 14, 2015
good place to work, good work /life balance, fitness on site, good co-workers, innovative people. managment needs to better plan ahead.
very friendly
distribution associate (Current Employee), Catawba, NCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: friendly staff and fun team members.
Cons: hard to advance
good place to work. very understanding managment. thjob is not very phisical. the enviroment is not harsh. very nice facility.overall very good pay and benifits.i enjoy working with my team members. we ship materials all over the country and the world.overall its a good place to work.
Stable company with great benifits
B-Crew Maintenance Lead man (Current Employee), Stony Point, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: many lazy workers that harder workers have to carry.
Typical day includes emergency impairment repair and preventive maintenance. All the jobs at the plant are not that hard, but are fast paced. Absenteeism and tardiness are not tolerated. Overall great place to work.
Great place to work.
Order Selector (Former Employee), Avon, OHDecember 13, 2014
After clocking in, order selectors would sign out an electric pallet jack and proceed to audit to pick up tickets. We would scan these tickets with our RF guns and proceed to pick the orders detailed on the RF guns placing each box on the pallets in layers. After the order was complete, the pallet would have to be wrapped securely to be inspected at audit before shipment. Co-workers were very friendly. Everyone was very motivated. 30 minutes prior to clocking out we were all assigned a specific aisle to clean before the bell rang. We had two 15 min breaks and one 30 minute lunch daily. Very fun place to work.
Stable work environment
SAP MM Business Analyst (Former Employee), Hickory, NCDecember 13, 2014
Secure Job
Management takes care of employee very well
Contineous education.
Entrepreneurial, high growth company
Director of Talent Management, Human Resources (Former Employee), Avon, OHNovember 10, 2014
Entrepreneurial, high growth company with committed leadership
Nice company to work for.
Compound Mixing Technician / Slitter Operator (Current Employee), Stony Point, NCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: plenty of hour, laid back environment.
Cons: no chance for advancement, management needs a revamp.
Shurtape is a nice company to work for. You get to work plenty of hours, you get paid a decent rate. Like all factory jobs, you may have to work 7 days a week, sometimes only 4.
Be pride to work with great pepole
Driver/Loader (Former Employee), Avon, OHJune 18, 2014
Pros: not having so one constanly looking at you
Cons: weather is what every it is outside, inside.
Pick up list ,drive hi-low to different bays and start loading a skid with each order. Afterskid is complete take skid to wrapping area,and dropp in front of dock to be loaded.
Great group of people to work with, very productive, everyone knows what they need to do
Internship (Former Employee), Hickory, NCMay 27, 2014
My Internship at Shurtape was pretty good. I was assigned to my own project which allowed me to work at my own pace but also had responsibility to complete the project. Learned a lot about time management and communicating to other employee's
Productive and very relaxed environment to work in.
Packer (Current Employee), Avon, OHMay 26, 2014
Pros: three breaks
On third shift we start at 6 in the morning with three ten minute breaks and a half hour lunch. I have learned a lot of different things and machines at this company. The management is unlike any other. They will do whatever they can to help you feel comfortable and relaxed enough to do your job. The co-workers are like family, they take you in with open arms and ensure that you know what you are doing and that your OK. The hardest part of the job was being on third shift and standing on your feet for 12 hours but after so long you get used to it. The most enjoyable part was definitely the fact that all the co-workers were great fun people to be around and they make it much easier.
fun place to work
Frogger (Former Employee), Hickory,NCMay 4, 2014
everyone was willing to help with you and teach you different jobs to help you move up in the company
great place
Material Handler (Former Employee), Avon, OHApril 8, 2014
very high paced great people lots to do family oriented you always learn new things
good place to work
Packer/Assembler (Former Employee), Avon, OHMarch 4, 2014
i worked 3 12 hour shifts Friday,Saturday and Sunday. Didn't get paid enough. other than that ok place to work.
People place to work.
Production - Shift Manager (Current Employee), Hickory, NCNovember 19, 2013
Pros: family owned
Cons: seasonal products
Learning new things and challenges each day. Manage 25 employees. 1 Coater, 5 Slitters, 5 Tape machines.
Quackers for Duck Tape
Demand Analyst (Former Employee), Avon, OHNovember 15, 2013
Pros: flexible pto, vacation buy available, great pay
This was probably the best company I have worked for thus far. Loved the culture and atmosphere, great home work balance, opportunities for mobility. Held an entry post college position.
Shurtape great place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Hickory,NcSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: family owned
Cons: worked alot of hours
counted materials,made all physcial adjustments in computer, also worked in accounts payable paid invoices, worked with outside vendors. In both jobs i had wonderful co workers, worked there so long we were all like family. The hardest part of my job at shurtape was when i had to count items it could be very hot at times on different floors, the most enjoyable part of my job was that i worked one on one with people to train them on the computer. I really enjoyed my job at Shurtape and they have great Benefits.
2013
Product Manager II - Cloth Tape Division (Current Employee), Hickory, NCMay 23, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: company location
A manufacturing based company attempting to respond and act like a retail-bsed company. A bit of an identity crisis or disconnect with expectations of personnel vs. same job description similar or like other companies.

Typical day at work is never the same; constant chaos and firedrills with the attempt to achieve the most urgent needs from sales reps to executive team to direct consumers.

I learn something new every day. Managment for me is interesting since it depends on what day it is on who I report to. Co-workers are nice people but we never get a chance to chat about what we do as a team - we're too busy to do act like a team.

Hardest part of the job is constantly feeling like I corral cats-my job is to achieve a team environment/cooperation between various team members from different segments of the business & assigning various product development tasks and being the "boss" of none of them..interesting position.

The best part of my job is the abiity to be in contact with every single aspect and person within the company. I enjoy knowing and cooresponding w/ all levels of personnel w/in the company-it's both gratifying and challenging all at the same time.
A learning and friendly environment with multi tasking skills
Floater (Former Employee), Avon, OHFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: extra 4 hours of a work week. excellent people. helped my multi-tasking skills.
Cons: 12 hour shifts, little room to advance
Arrive at work at 6:45 A.M and Clock in at 7:00 A.M. Head to work area and began work of supplying materials and loading plastic with dollies. Then a 15 min break at 9:00 A.M and back to work with supplying materials and loading plastic This cycle contuines until 7:00 P.M. Also a lunch break at 1:00 to 2:00 P.M. Then at the end of the day i clock out and go home. Days I work are on Friday, Sat.,Sun.
The hardest part about my job was the ways to try and advance in the work place which was a very slow process. The most enjoyable part was communicating with my co-workers to get jobs done more productively. Management was excellent with her help we achieved a greater work force and productivity.
Great place to work!
Finishing Room (Former Employee), Hudson, NCJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: pay, hours, employees, management
Cons: has a lot of down time
If you are attentive to details, it is a great place to work! Very helpful management/employees, great pay, great hours!
A place like home
Communications/Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Avon, OHJanuary 10, 2013
I have never felt so welcome at a company before. They really made me feel like I was apart of their team.

About Shurtape Technologies and ShurTech Brands, LLC

ShurTech Brands, LLC, markets and manufactures do-it-yourself tapes under the Duck®, Painter's Mate Green®, Caremail®, – Read more

Shurtape Technologies and ShurTech Brands, LLC Salaries