Shutterfly Employee Reviews

Shutterfly was a great job
Maker (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 19, 2017
Shutterfly is one of the best jobs I've ever had it has great benefits great lunch breaks and great supervisors I enjoyed it I got to learn a lot of new things.
Pros
Free Drinks Good Lunches Good Hours
Cons
Nothing I can think about
Enjoyable workplace and team
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 13, 2017
Management listens to employees and promotes from within. SFLY will pay for good talent . Non threatening environment, you are left alone to do a good job. Fun family events and nice lunches, parties etc.
Pros
Great culture
Ok place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 11, 2017
Great place to work. I would go back but I didn't like not being able to go to first shift. Management was great but some of the employees cause a lot of drama
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Drama
I need a new job!!!
Senior Shift Supervisor/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 9, 2017
Cut throat, everyone throws everyone under the bus.
Operations is on a different page than production support and upper management so they have completely unrealistic expectations.
Most stressful job ive ever had.
It is a fun place to work most of the time.
Photo Gifts Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 8, 2017
I enjoyed the position I held with this company. It's exciting and interesting because you are always learning new things. My only concern with this company is their hiring procedures. I worked with them for two years and was never hired on. I was giving steps to follow in the hiring process in which I followed. I ended up getting let go with no warning at all.
Pros
Great place to work if you need a seasonal job or parttime only.
Cons
Potential for permanent placement is very slim with this company.
great fun place
Web Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 5, 2017
this is a Great fun place to work at. People are very nice and helpfull. i learnt a lot here from my peers. i definitely recommend this place to someone who is seeking to grow as a professional.
Temporary employee.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 26, 2017
Typical day involved the making of photo books and assembly of said books. Management was easy to get along with and were interested in helping you succeed.
Great co workers, creative environment with ping pong tables
Production Designer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 26, 2017
Typical day of work could be fast or slow depending on promos, sales, etc. The culture is a cohesion of brilliant designers. I realized how different we all are while realizing my own particular greatness, strengths, and weaknesses. The hardest part of the day as with any job would be after lunch. Your brain will throw signals to each member of your body that it's relaxation time. Also, during holiday season with order volumes well over hundred thousand. Overall, I took great pride in my work and my experience was exceptional.
Pros
Company-wide BBQ's, Employee Artist exhibit, Calm and creative atmosphere
Cons
Extended periods of time working and looking at computer screen during holiday season
Typical customer service position
Customer Management Team Member (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2017
Typical day involved answering 70-100 calls. Learned how to design greeting cards. Management was subpar at best, at times unprofessional. Culture was typical call center. The long hours during peak season was the most difficult part of the job.
Pros
Free lunches on occassion
Cons
temporary job status
Don't be distracted by the whistles and bells
Temp (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 24, 2017
This company was great to work for. If you have a family, you will miss them dearly. 10 to 12 hour shifts during the peak season can take a toll on your family life.

Upper Management is very unorganized and aloof to the daily workings of its employees.
Pros
free drinks, luncheons occassionaly
Cons
short breaks and lunches, no feedback of changes made until made
Place good to work
Packing and Shipping (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 23, 2017
Don't go here unless u are willing to work your butt off but other then that they are good. The Employees are rude and don't know how to talk to anyone
Pros
Lunch and the breaks
Cons
Employees are rude and don't know how to talk to anyone
very lovin people
Lead, Machine Operator,prodution (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 18, 2017
I have learned more things here then any other place that I worked for. We work as a team , in different departments as well . The hardest part of the job is to stay up , its a 12 hour shift. Managements is awesome . LOVE THE PAY CHECKS THAT ROLL WITH IT.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent Work Environment And Staff
Seasonal Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 8, 2017
Tinyprints & Wedding Paper Divas provides excellent training, so that you are well prepared, comfortable and confident when starting your position. You are provided with a highly knowledgeable and friendly set of supervisors and colleagues that are there to assist you whenever you should need assistance. The overall energy and work environment is positive and fun, with rewards and contests to keep morale high and everyone relaxed (even at stressful times), making it an overall great experience to work for them. This company cares greatly about their customers and expects that they be treated with respect and courtesy, resolving their issues and helping them in what ever way they can. I loved going to work and I loved my job, and would be more than happy to work for them again.
Pros
Excellent training, highly qualified staff, friendly people, high energy environment, fun place to work, open spaces, free soda/coffee, great break rooms/areas
Cons
Long hours, During peak season it is difficult having one day off when working 16hr days/6days week, not always routed with calls that are within your knowledgebase
Very Fun
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 8, 2017
I loved this job. They have a beautiful cafe. The management team is pretty awesome, they make sure that you have evrything that you need before you take your first phone call. I really loved working there.
Pros
Excellent cafe, big dining area, two 30 min breaks, also a work out room
Diverse Workplace
Customer Care Representative / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 7, 2017
Company is continually innovating and growth is welcomed in the company and for its employees. Plenty of diversity within the company and benefits are very good here. Enjoyed working cross functionally with other teams towards company targets each year, which gave a great opportunity to learn the workings of other departments.
Pros
benefits and diverse workplace
Cons
less growth opportunites in certain positions
nice place bad people
Diamant Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 4, 2017
Blah job you work 10 hours to 13 hours almost when its peak time. They lay people off all the time so don't get your hopes up buddy boy. Your job can be taken at any moment..
Pros
alot of hours, clean place to work
Cons
bad everything else
Very productive and learning
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2017
It's awesome people around you and the work place is fantastic. The job is secured and you get to learn how to advance your knowledge throughput other departments in the warehouse.
Pros
Easy going and lovable.
Cons
Work long hours but it great.
Shutterfly
IGen/Indigo Digital Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2017
This is a job where you have to come in and do whatever it is you have to do.There are very long shifts but workable environment and fun employees to be around
Do not care about keeping employees, because that means they get raises. Would rather continuously hire, train and fire/quit.
"Tier 2" Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 28, 2017
Ridiculous attendance policy. No benefits. Fellow employees were fun to work with, but every week many would quit. All the company cares about is your "numbers" (calls per hour) instead of actually taking care of the customer.
Pros
Nice, new facility. Free coffee and drinks. Two monitors to work with on your desk.
Cons
Very strict attendance policy, poor training, your time is micro-managed to the second
A fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 24, 2017
the hours are good, management is good to work for. friendly place, hardest part is the breaks is to far apart, most enjoyable part of the job is that you learn many kinds of jobs
Pros
friendly pepole
Cons
seasonal job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shutterfly. Our community is ready to answer.