Shutterfly Employee Reviews in United States

Easy dead-end job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 10, 2016
This job isn't hard, but it will test your patience... Between machines in constant disrepair, management forcing unneccesary work flow changes, and the general miscommunication between managers/leads/payroll, you'll be in the sorry spot of being held accountable for events out of your control.

that said: you can meet lots of new people, get paid weekly, and learn cool machinery

Get a comfortable pair of shoes, lower your expectations for raise/promotion, and you'll be set for easy 12 hour shifts, 3-4 days a week.
Pros
3-4 day weekends, with chance of overtime. Paid weekly. Loose dress code
Cons
Slim-to-none chance of raise or promotion, employees are highly expendable, management out of touch with limits of machinery/employees
Management has different requirements for employees
Machine operator II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2016
VP of operation and plant manager are all about quality, but the leads and managers are all about numbers and quality does not matter to them. this is due to the managers bonus is tied to production numbers and labor tracking.
Managers lack the understanding that the machines need downtime and proper cleaning to maintain there high work flow. 1 - 5 hrs downtime a week saves the machine from being down weeks at a time.
on feet for 12 hours a day with no sitting allowed
walk 6 - 8 miles per shift
hours change on volume making you burn your PTO to maintain a livable wage
Pros
free soda and water, good discounts and free items if you like shutterfly swag.
Cons
long distance to break room with short breaks, Spend most you time walking to the break room and back than you do on your breaks, office staff is treated way better than production employees
Very bias place to work
Bulk Order Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 2, 2016
The work environment is ok but the leadership team shows favoritism to their own there is no room for advancement in this company its not what you know its who you know
Pros
free fountain drinks
Cons
ok health benefits
Productive very well organized and friendly environment!
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 6, 2016
I really enjoyed this job hate the assignment ended I enjoyed this work environment it challenges you everyday and I'm always up for a challenge!
Productive, high energy work environment
Commercial Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2016
Long shifts
Decent compensation
Little advancement opportunities
Very little job security
Management is excellent
Ample opportunity for over-time during peak seasons
Pros
Free drinks in break room, cheap vending machines
Cons
Will keep you as a temporary employee indefinitely
Great benefit package, flexible work schedule
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2016
enjoyed the perks this company offered their employees such as free merchandise, flexible work schedule, iphones, laptops, breakfasts, lunches, etc.
benefits
Cons
over staffed
Productive and Fun workplace
Training Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 14, 2016
Overall, Shutterfly is a great company to work for. During Q4, there is not time for a work, life balance because it is the busiest time of year.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Q4 - no time for self.
I enjoyed my job responsibilities and enjoyed being a part of a good team.
Commercial-UHG lead/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed the various duties I preformed in producing commercial books for shipping. A typical day would begin with distributing work that was all ready to bind. Next I would make covers for the text being printed, then match with the text with the covers and distribute that as well. I would then take the bound books and cut them, personalize them if needed and ship them. It is fast paced and time always passes quickly. I am a part of a team that works well together and does whatever it takes to get the job done, together.
Great company to work for
Lead Trainer (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJune 3, 2016
I have been able to learn a lot about what I want from this company, and was given the opportunity to grow in the position that I am in today.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Too much travel, over 50% traveling
Nice clean and safe work area.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 17, 2016
This is a wonderful place of employment. It is always kept clean and cozy. The jobs are not very strenuous. But the shifts are long.
Good Company
Demand Planner Lead (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 10, 2016
Good culture but the compensation is not so good. coworkers are nice too. Recommend to work there. This is a new team.....
Shutterfly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 6, 2016
I love my job. I love the opportunity to help others and get paid a decent wage to do so. The support for the employees is the best I have ever had.
packer, sender/receiver
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 4, 2016
a typical day at work would be sorting through mail, putting stamps on them and putting them in the correct bin for the post office
Management lets leads cheat with prodution numbers
Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 3, 2016
I was a lead in Canvas , Fort mill sc. Meeting my Goals every night . On time not missing days, But they have favorites. The company would be ok if they could shake some of those managers loose.
Pros
Nice new equipment
Cons
Awesome place to work and grow
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 29, 2016
Shutterfly was absolutely the most professional, fun and family orientated company to work for. Very relaxing environment, whether in the HR department or on the customer service floor its an awesome place to call your work place. From the wonderful management team to the awesome employees they choose to hire. You just cant go wrong when working here. From employee kickball games, the cool break room with a pool table, Xbox, Tv, Beanie bags, etc and we cant forget the snacks are only 25 and 50 cents. Plenty of room to grow and most importantly there is balance. You never feel out of place here. EVERYONE that works here is AWESOME!!!
Very Productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 20, 2016
This company showed me how to operate a machine while i were required to cut a specific amount before my shift was over. The hardest part about the job was actually working 12 hours until my body got adjusted to the schedule i was on. A typical day at work basically was just work until relieved from your shift. This job was an excellent experience and was the first job I have operated a machine
Pros
Excellent money
Cons
Short breaks
learned customer service skills
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 14, 2016
machine operations for a photo book printing company.I ran a printing machine that printed photos for personalized photo books
Pros
upgrades in compensation
Cons
no cons
Have to be tech savvy in order to make it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 8, 2016
Typical day at work while I was there included giving the best customer service that a person can provide. Most of the job is computer based. While there one of the printing sites crashed and those who stuck through the Christmas season were the ones given the opportunity to stay or leave. My job was fun, but since it was only a seasonal job and they did not hire on any family I was asked to go back to my job. Hardest part of the job is they do not hire on family members; my niece worked for them. The part I most enjoyed was helping the customer and leaving them happy at the end of the call.
Very well organized and fun and energetic place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 5, 2016
I worked there for a few months. It was a very interesting job were i learned about printing and how the different machines functioned so that was one of my favorite parts was the learning.
Fast paced
Manufacturing/Production (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2016
This job taught me about thinking quietly and being prepared for anything. It was extremely fast paced and tough on the body
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short Breaks