Shutterfly

Shutterfly United States Employee Reviews

Great
Shipping and Receving Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Mill, S.C.March 3, 2015
Great Place To work. Learned a lot about validating and shipping procedures worldwide to customers. Learned a lot how to use rf system.
productive was great , staff was amazing. there is room for growth
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: exciting growth, wonderful staff
Cons: term of assignment was to short
its an amazing company , I enjoyed myself there, assignments was just to short , but was offered to come back whenever they need me. I would go back with no question. they enjoyed me as well, I was an asset to the company. I showed them how to save cost with staff, as well productivity.
Very positive work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Elmsford, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no 10 or 15 minute breaks
A typical day would be to a productive day, I learned machine operating skills, Management very helpful, co-workers fun to work with. The hardest part of the job sometimes is slowing down production and then catching up. The most enjoyable part of the job is that co-workers get along very well.
good exsperience
Janitor (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNFebruary 10, 2015
I go to work at night cleaning and vacuum up the offices, take the trash out and clean the bathrooms and break rooms wipe window and mirrors. I actually learned that its the same way you clean your own house but you getting paid. The management was great people. I wasn't really around any other employees as much. The job wasn't really hard. The fun part of the job is getting stuff done.
Shutterfly Technician
Digital Press Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free drinks and cheap food, superiors trust
Cons: short breaks, sometimes not enough help
I worked 3rd shift which is the weekend shift (Friday-Sunday, 6 AM to 6 PM). A typical day while I was working on the IGens would consist of 3 or 4 pm's, cleaning and rebuilding several worn components and assuring that the presses are running properly without any problems in print quality. When I worked on the HP Indigos, I would have 1 to 3 pm's, depending on if I had a web feed or sheet feed press. I would do 2-4 waste runs and assist the senior technicians in repairs. I learned much about what goes into making their cards and photo books. I was able to use some of the skills that I know on computers to accomplish tasks there that I wouldn't get to use much any other time. I worked with some good guys both doing what I did and the senior, full time technicians. I enjoyed working there every day and was upset when I was laid off. Working on the IGen and Indigo presses, learning something new constantly was the most enjoyable part. The hardest part of the job would be the days where it seemed like everything wanted to be difficult at once and the operators would constantly hound us to fix a press while we're in the middle of repairing another.
hard working
inspecter/packer/shipper (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: only free motel rooms
Cons: no pre dium
start at 7 am work til goal for the day was met. learned to work in construction environment.coworkers were easy to work with.lifting heavy materials.leanrning different construction work.fire watching for weilders
prudctive and fun place
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCFebruary 6, 2015
I would recommend this job to anyone everyone who works here is very friendly and eager to help. It is easy to move up and the work is easy as well.
Productive workplace. very hands on
Machine Technician (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free soda, awsome co workers
Training for 3 weeks. Everytime a machine broke down i used my training and problem solving skills to fix it.
Fun work place
Customer Care Services (Current Employee), Fort MillJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: credits for products
Cons: short breaks
I love working with my co workers. Have built alot of friendships.
Assemble Picture Books that people submit..
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 13, 2015
We would cut, sort, colate, and assemble book on a assembly line from start to finish then package and ship!
Productive, Fun Workplace, and Great employees
PRA Operator (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day at shutterfly would be clocking in and automatically going to your work station. finding out what our goal of the day would be from our lead and they aiming to ship all products out before the scheduled time. I was a PRA Machine Operator, I would basically work on this long big printing machine that would print the customers address on a bunch of envelopes that they have purchased for, i would gather them up fan them to ensure that the quality was perfect and then shrink wrap the envelopes with their shutterfly cards and take it down to shipping so they can ship it off.
Slow pace
UV Coater (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2015
UV Coater was my job description. Basically Coating Commercial work with UV Gloss. No Job Security at all. Good employees to work with but management was poor.
not good
Production Order filler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: no breaks to short breaks and too much complicated work.
no set time of working for the company could work a week and get laid off.
productive and nice workflow
production (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCOctober 27, 2014
my review overall for shutterfly would be a great place for anyone to work at
Productive and easy place to work.
Production Associate (Current Employee), Elmsford, NYOctober 21, 2014
Pros: pays $11 an hour. the work isn't hard at all.
Cons: when there is no books, theres no work., there are no health benifits or rasies unless you become a permanent staff, that can take a while.=
I like working there. The work isn't hard at all. Every two weeks the company supply lunch for everyone. The management is cool. They do their best to make sure the work place is safe for everyone. The only thing I don't like is the fact that when there is no books you don't have work. No matter how long you work there you wont get a raise or any benefits unless you become a permanent staff which could take years.
Customer Management Team Rep (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2014
Pros: relaxed work place.
Cons: not much room for growth.
This is a good place to work and an overall relaxed environment. Only draw back is that there is not a lot of room to grow within customer service and it seems that office politics dominate the workplace as opposed to sheer abilities seniority.
Great company with great products quality customer service
Tier 2 Representative (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: fun friendly co-workers really work as a team.
Cons: extremely long hours with daily changes to schedules
This was a great place to work. They really care about their customers and the quality of service and products they provide to their company. If company had not relocated I would still be there.

Although the company was a great place to work with great team oriented co-workers, upper management would constantly make changes to hiring procedures and now follow thru on promises from converting temporary staff to permenant positions in a timely manner. Would promise staff 40 hour work week, then two days later change work week to 24 hours, then would later again would change hours back to 40 hours. Always told people they were happy with their work but still no rewards when converting to full time positions with benefits. Also schedule would change daily as far as being sent home work early or changes to lunch times.
warehouse
Production Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2014
it was fun working in a ware house learning new things and new people
Scanner/Shipper (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2014
On the job I learned to be effective in a fast paced environment. The management were very helpful with feedback and overall great people.
Productive and fun place to work with Ping Pong table.
Sr. Data Integration Engineer (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAJune 6, 2014
Productive and fun place to work with Ping Pong table and a great Data Driven Culture.

1 2 3 4

About Shutterfly

Shutterfly, Inc. is a family of lifestyle brands that are in the business of making, celebrating and sharing memories. Memories – Read more

Shutterfly Salaries