Shutterfly Employee Reviews

Easy dead-end job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 10, 2016
This job isn't hard, but it will test your patience... Between machines in constant disrepair, management forcing unneccesary work flow changes, and the general miscommunication between managers/leads/payroll, you'll be in the sorry spot of being held accountable for events out of your control.

that said: you can meet lots of new people, get paid weekly, and learn cool machinery

Get a comfortable pair of shoes, lower your expectations for raise/promotion, and you'll be set for easy 12 hour shifts, 3-4 days a week.
Pros
3-4 day weekends, with chance of overtime. Paid weekly. Loose dress code
Cons
Slim-to-none chance of raise or promotion, employees are highly expendable, management out of touch with limits of machinery/employees
Fun and Welcoming Weorkplace
Customer Care Representative/Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNAugust 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at Shutterfly. The company is great, the people are amazing. I learned a lot and was able to polish up my computer and technical skills while with them. I worked there for about a year and didnt receive any benefits and was promised promotions and raises that never happened - leadership was great but sometimes unprofessional and had a lack of passion. over the christmas season, you work 70+ hr weeks but the rest of the year youre lucky to get 30 hrs a week because of how slow it is.
Pros
free beverages, relax work enviornment
Cons
no benefits unless selected
Productive, high energy work environment
Commercial Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2016
Long shifts
Decent compensation
Little advancement opportunities
Very little job security
Management is excellent
Ample opportunity for over-time during peak seasons
Pros
Free drinks in break room, cheap vending machines
Cons
Will keep you as a temporary employee indefinitely
Very bias place to work
Bulk Order Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 2, 2016
The work environment is ok but the leadership team shows favoritism to their own there is no room for advancement in this company its not what you know its who you know
Pros
free fountain drinks
Cons
ok health benefits
Productive and great benefits
Bindery/Cutter Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 19, 2016
Great company to work for. Fun, productive and offers great benefits to full time employers. Working there, I've learned how much a lot of things can get done and be done when people work together.
Great benefit package, flexible work schedule
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2016
enjoyed the perks this company offered their employees such as free merchandise, flexible work schedule, iphones, laptops, breakfasts, lunches, etc.
benefits
Cons
over staffed
Good Company
Demand Planner Lead (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 10, 2016
Good culture but the compensation is not so good. coworkers are nice too. Recommend to work there. This is a new team.....
learned customer service skills
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 14, 2016
machine operations for a photo book printing company.I ran a printing machine that printed photos for personalized photo books
Pros
upgrades in compensation
Cons
no cons
Productive and Engaging place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 8, 2016
Currently assist with maintaining and updating the the knowledge base platform for internal and external reps, including creating and formatting new content for Tiny Prints and Wedding Paper Divas. Have learned how to provide content for the team that is easily comprehendible and useful. Our Management team is amazing at providing quick support at a moments notice and communicating with the team with constant changes in processes and procedures. Co-works feel like family, always there to help creating an amazing team environment. The hardest part of the job is making sure everybody understands and applies our new procedures and processes with our knowledge base platform and getting quick feedback on their understanding of the changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing and working with my co-workers and seeing the fruits of your laborings make a difference in our teams performance.
Pros
Short commute, great working environment, amazing co-workers
Cons
Limited opportunities to grow
Management has different requirements for employees
Machine operator II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2016
VP of operation and plant manager are all about quality, but the leads and managers are all about numbers and quality does not matter to them. this is due to the managers bonus is tied to production numbers and labor tracking.
Managers lack the understanding that the machines need downtime and proper cleaning to maintain there high work flow. 1 - 5 hrs downtime a week saves the machine from being down weeks at a time.
on feet for 12 hours a day with no sitting allowed
walk 6 - 8 miles per shift
hours change on volume making you burn your PTO to maintain a livable wage
Pros
free soda and water, good discounts and free items if you like shutterfly swag.
Cons
long distance to break room with short breaks, Spend most you time walking to the break room and back than you do on your breaks, office staff is treated way better than production employees
Work enviroment is fast paced and yet supportive to learning your job
Part-Time Seasonal Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNNovember 6, 2016
I was hired as a seasonal employee so I was not given any promises for future employment, however there were promises of extra hourly wages and such that they have now taken back.
And it's very hard to look for another job when you're expected to work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day for a month, but before then you work no more then 32 hours a week with many offers a day for VTO.
Amazing Payroll Team
Contract Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CANovember 14, 2016
This payroll team was a joy to work with. My co-workers were dedicated and I would enjoy working with them again. The supervisor was a valued leader and extremely helpful and her management skills were unparalleled to any in my vast experience.
Awesome place to work and grow
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 29, 2016
Shutterfly was absolutely the most professional, fun and family orientated company to work for. Very relaxing environment, whether in the HR department or on the customer service floor its an awesome place to call your work place. From the wonderful management team to the awesome employees they choose to hire. You just cant go wrong when working here. From employee kickball games, the cool break room with a pool table, Xbox, Tv, Beanie bags, etc and we cant forget the snacks are only 25 and 50 cents. Plenty of room to grow and most importantly there is balance. You never feel out of place here. EVERYONE that works here is AWESOME!!!
Productive, high learning scope and fun place with great culture
Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 21, 2015
I worked as a software engineering intern at shutterfly. The place has great work life balance with awesome people and great employee benefits.

The company is willing to talk to employees for improvements. Managers are ready to listen to the employees and help them out during difficulties.
Awesome work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNSeptember 17, 2016
It was great. The atmosphere is very modern and the management really help you succeed. I always felt like I was part of a team instead of working by myself.
I enjoyed my job responsibilities and enjoyed being a part of a good team.
Commercial-UHG lead/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed the various duties I preformed in producing commercial books for shipping. A typical day would begin with distributing work that was all ready to bind. Next I would make covers for the text being printed, then match with the text with the covers and distribute that as well. I would then take the bound books and cut them, personalize them if needed and ship them. It is fast paced and time always passes quickly. I am a part of a team that works well together and does whatever it takes to get the job done, together.
Workday Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 22, 2016
Great place to work.
Implemented payroll, absence management, time tracking and various other modules.
Worked on integration with variuos 3rd party systems.
Poor Management/Structure
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 29, 2016
I learned how much organization and structured management really is key to wherever you're working. Shutterfly, Inc. really lacked that for me.
Productive, fun, and professional workplace.
Books Associate (Former Employee) –  914 S 52nd St, Tempe, AZ 85281January 10, 2016
Productive - Everyone there was willing to work hard and fast to achieve a community goal. Said goal was never unrealistic.

Fun - Community was willing to work hard and at the same time have fun, joke around, and talk happily without bad attitude or general emotional upheavals, very little drama.

Professional - Community and management were especially professional, no unsavory topics discussed.
Pros
High pay for base work, Multiple breaks
Cons
Mostly looking for temp and seasonal
A great place to grow and work in a relaxed environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 5, 2016
There is no typical day, its full of new and exciting things and has made me great at multi tasking. I look forward each day to what I get to learn and who i get to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shutterfly. Our community is ready to answer.