Shutterfly

Shutterfly Employer Reviews

Customer Management Team Rep (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2014
Pros: relaxed work place.
Cons: not much room for growth.
This is a good place to work and an overall relaxed environment. Only draw back is that there is not a lot of room to grow within customer service and it seems that office politics dominate the workplace as opposed to sheer abilities seniority.
Great company with great products quality customer service
Tier 2 Representative (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: fun friendly co-workers really work as a team.
Cons: extremely long hours with daily changes to schedules
This was a great place to work. They really care about their customers and the quality of service and products they provide to their company. If company had not relocated I would still be there.

Although the company was a great place to work with great team oriented co-workers, upper management would constantly make changes to hiring procedures and – more... now follow thru on promises from converting temporary staff to permenant positions in a timely manner. Would promise staff 40 hour work week, then two days later change work week to 24 hours, then would later again would change hours back to 40 hours. Always told people they were happy with their work but still no rewards when converting to full time positions with benefits. Also schedule would change daily as far as being sent home work early or changes to lunch times. – less
warehouse
Production Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2014
it was fun working in a ware house learning new things and new people
Scanner/Shipper (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2014
On the job I learned to be effective in a fast paced environment. The management were very helpful with feedback and overall great people.
Productive and fun place to work with Ping Pong table.
Sr. Data Integration Engineer (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAJune 6, 2014
Productive and fun place to work with Ping Pong table and a great Data Driven Culture.
access to computers
sorter (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCMay 12, 2014
Pros: free drinks
great companies to work for even though is was only temp. Really treated their employees like they were important.
productive
Press Operator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
A typical day was busy. I learned alot and did more then I should of I enjoyed my co-workers although management was hard to deal with. the hardest part of my job was leaving and the most enjoyable part was learning what I did and always kept busy.
productive an fun
Machine operator (Former Employee), ArizonaApril 17, 2014
Pros: affordable vending machines
Cons: short breaks
bright an fast paced environment. learned to lead a team into success. co-workers were grat an fun to be arounf
cheap food,ping pong and pool tables.
xerox operator (Former Employee), SCApril 2, 2014
Pros: cheap lunch
Cons: some people like to talk trash and management dont do there job about it
Good place to work. They got many jobs for you to do, so never shortage of work unless its the off season. When you go on break the got a game room with a pool table, ping pong table and a xbox to mess around with. The food is really cheap. Plus during the promo times they feed you bojangles and plenty of other kind of food just depends on what day – more... it is. – less
Fast paced work that will keep you engaged and busy all day
Press Operator (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYMarch 31, 2014
I truly enjoy working in this field and industry. Its engaging and for someone like me who likes to trouble shoot issues that come up, its always interesting when I can find and solve those issues with the equipment I am working with. This is Important when I have a job to print and a deadline to meet. This job keeps me busy and literally on my toes. – more... Most importantly it gives you the ability to multitask which keeps the work interesting. – less
Pretty decent
Card Polar and Sorter (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCMarch 16, 2014
Pros: lots of work hours
Plenty of hours and somewhat fair pay. The jobs are fairly simple and there's plenty of personality in the workplace.
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCMarch 14, 2014
Great Job. Fast pace environment. Very family oriented. Great way to make money.
Good Place TO Work
Facilities (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAMarch 11, 2014
Good place to work. You get tins of benefits, including company product
Great seasonal job
XEROX IGEN PRESS OPERATOR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2014
Would work there if offered full time work. 24 hour enviornment provides optional shifts to fit your need.
Book development inspector
Books development - Inspector Final Assembly (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: low wages
Many 12 hour days - hard work for low contract pay. Worked on book creation and inspection.
loved it
Warehouse Clerk Polar Cutter (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: paid lunch breakes
Cons: not enough work
I love going getting my sation ready and i would start cutting and banding i would work with another person and my 12 hour shift would fly by we would finish our work and head down to shipping and help them out.
good employees to work with
Shipping Lead (Former Employee), Elmsford, NYJanuary 24, 2014
it was a great place to to work at but management took for granted what we did
Productive. Loved working there.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJanuary 18, 2014
very busy. I learned a lot of different task. Good place to work.
Would like too have the opportunity to be part of the organization on a Full Time basis. Very good to their employees
Great company
Production Designer (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: poor healthcare for seasonal workers, unobtainable goals, setup for failure.
The training program was two weeks. They feed you a lot of information about the company in a short period of time. There is a lot to digest.

They do not plan everything correctly. For instance, they put the time clocks inside the production area. This creates so much traffic that the large 9 foot solid wooden door slam every 5 seconds throughout the – more... entire day. They had one group use i3 processors which put that entire group as at a disadvantage in productivity.

The work is good. They give you all the tools and software necessary to do your job. At times can feel very zen like (except for those darn doors and time clocks OMG!)

They send you progress reports on your mistakes and how many orders you completed and per hour. However, there is a disconnect between a high level of quality vs. a ton of quantity. At this company the curves do not mesh well and if you do a really good job, it looks like you are not doing your job on your weekly progress report. Dumb.

Their numbers were down this year. If Shutterfly focused more on a maintaining an actual high quality product, they would get more repeat business. They say customer first, but actually it is get 110 orders done in a day with zero mistakes. There is no way to put the customer first when you have 6 minutes or less to get their order down correctly. Make one change and there goes your time. Go out of your way to help a customer in need and there goes your numbers. They lost sight if being a startup company and what their motto really is.

This company strings their temps along. Chews em up and spits them out when they are through with them. They get you in there to help them through their holiday crunch time which is 50% of their business. And the end of your term, the trainers and full-time employees barely talk to you. You can sense when you are a dead man walking. They let go 75% of their temps in fatal swoop. – less
It is a very fun job and you learn a lot.
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch on holidays
Cons: there is no cons
Great place to work at. great managers. they work with you if you have a problem. they hear you out if you have a compliant It is an overall great place to work.

1 2 3

About Shutterfly

Shutterfly, Inc. is a family of lifestyle brands that are in the business of making, celebrating and sharing memories. Memories – Read more