Shutterfly Employee Reviews

productive and fast working place
General Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 19, 2017
Clean and warm environment.
Fun and friendly workers.
A real opportunity to join the team
A safe a secured place to work.
And is also great for financial security.
Pros
paid lunch breaks and free lunches
Cons
Not allowed to leave during break.
slow/ long days, good break rooms, poor management
Corestaff Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 14, 2017
Was hired for a temporary seasonal job. Came in every day, worked all of my scheduled shifts + much overtime, performing not only my job but others as well (many many many lazy workers) Towards the end of the season i was told that i was being kept full time and i was then transferred to a different department and was given my new instructions. Two days later management told me "my time was up."
Pros
Break rooms, hours
Cons
Management, lazy coworkers
Unorganized
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 6, 2017
They will hire you even if your background doesn't come back in time & go about not paying you like you didn't work those hours other than that the job was laid back
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Seasonal
Great entry level place to work
Make My Book Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 5, 2017
This has been one enjoyable ride working here. The most positive thing about this company is the environment. It is very laid back and easy going. They truly have an open door policy. You can speak to any level manager about anything and they will listen.
Robbed and no communication
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNDecember 29, 2016
As they hire for the season please be aware that you will be will be working 72 hours a week. Yes a week. You will also be working 6 days a week and only having one day off. Which is fine and its great money.

One thing that was hard is that they don't care, after having my car broken into and destroyed nothing was said. Then to add I had stuff stolen off my desk. Again nothing. I was told they would talk to us (the people who cars were broken into ) and pretty much they blew it off.

Some of the leadership, were just a joke.

If you have children forget working here. Even if you need to call in once due to your child being sick forget it your done. Not a family place to work.

Another thing is marketing. They knew we were unable to handle more orders but kept making deals for others to place an order. We at one point have over 1500 people in Q that orders never even got to them by the holidays.

Don't expect to be hired on for full time.
Pros
free food once in a while
Cons
no health care if seasonal.
Enjoyed work envirnoment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 27, 2016
Enjoyed learning new departments. Working with different people. A busy place to work which I like a lot. The company is a great place to work. You have to be able to stand for 12 hours. I worked 3 days a week 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Break times are no clock out
Cons
temporary
fun working with the differant pictures
Digital Press Operator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 22, 2016
One of the best companies to work for in the world. Very clean place to work, some of the most friendly people to work with during the time of employment.
Pros
free drinks during breaks
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace lots of hours
Production Designer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 13, 2016
Hired as a seasonal employee. Great training and post-training coaching. Can get difficult to balance work and home life because of the long hours. Good pay and a lot of overtime.
Pros
Overtime, work environment, free drinks, great building
Cons
Long hours, stressful
Poor Management/Structure
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 29, 2016
I learned how much organization and structured management really is key to wherever you're working. Shutterfly, Inc. really lacked that for me.
Amazing Payroll Team
Contract Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CANovember 14, 2016
This payroll team was a joy to work with. My co-workers were dedicated and I would enjoy working with them again. The supervisor was a valued leader and extremely helpful and her management skills were unparalleled to any in my vast experience.
Work enviroment is fast paced and yet supportive to learning your job
Part-Time Seasonal Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNNovember 6, 2016
I was hired as a seasonal employee so I was not given any promises for future employment, however there were promises of extra hourly wages and such that they have now taken back.
And it's very hard to look for another job when you're expected to work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day for a month, but before then you work no more then 32 hours a week with many offers a day for VTO.
Workday Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 22, 2016
Great place to work.
Implemented payroll, absence management, time tracking and various other modules.
Worked on integration with variuos 3rd party systems.
safe work place
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2016
10 hr shifts great pay weekly, learned how to operate a press machine best part of the job was learning how to make quality business signs the hardest thing about the job would be servicing your own press machine
Pros
25 cent lunch
Cons
seasonal
A great place to grow and work in a relaxed environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 5, 2016
There is no typical day, its full of new and exciting things and has made me great at multi tasking. I look forward each day to what I get to learn and who i get to work with.
Productive and great benefits
Bindery/Cutter Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 19, 2016
Great company to work for. Fun, productive and offers great benefits to full time employers. Working there, I've learned how much a lot of things can get done and be done when people work together.
Awesome work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNSeptember 17, 2016
It was great. The atmosphere is very modern and the management really help you succeed. I always felt like I was part of a team instead of working by myself.
Productive and Engaging place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 8, 2016
Currently assist with maintaining and updating the the knowledge base platform for internal and external reps, including creating and formatting new content for Tiny Prints and Wedding Paper Divas. Have learned how to provide content for the team that is easily comprehendible and useful. Our Management team is amazing at providing quick support at a moments notice and communicating with the team with constant changes in processes and procedures. Co-works feel like family, always there to help creating an amazing team environment. The hardest part of the job is making sure everybody understands and applies our new procedures and processes with our knowledge base platform and getting quick feedback on their understanding of the changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing and working with my co-workers and seeing the fruits of your laborings make a difference in our teams performance.
Pros
Short commute, great working environment, amazing co-workers
Cons
Limited opportunities to grow
Fun and Welcoming Weorkplace
Customer Care Representative/Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNAugust 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at Shutterfly. The company is great, the people are amazing. I learned a lot and was able to polish up my computer and technical skills while with them. I worked there for about a year and didnt receive any benefits and was promised promotions and raises that never happened - leadership was great but sometimes unprofessional and had a lack of passion. over the christmas season, you work 70+ hr weeks but the rest of the year youre lucky to get 30 hrs a week because of how slow it is.
Pros
free beverages, relax work enviornment
Cons
no benefits unless selected
Easy dead-end job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 10, 2016
This job isn't hard, but it will test your patience... Between machines in constant disrepair, management forcing unneccesary work flow changes, and the general miscommunication between managers/leads/payroll, you'll be in the sorry spot of being held accountable for events out of your control.

that said: you can meet lots of new people, get paid weekly, and learn cool machinery

Get a comfortable pair of shoes, lower your expectations for raise/promotion, and you'll be set for easy 12 hour shifts, 3-4 days a week.
Pros
3-4 day weekends, with chance of overtime. Paid weekly. Loose dress code
Cons
Slim-to-none chance of raise or promotion, employees are highly expendable, management out of touch with limits of machinery/employees
Management has different requirements for employees
Machine operator II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2016
VP of operation and plant manager are all about quality, but the leads and managers are all about numbers and quality does not matter to them. this is due to the managers bonus is tied to production numbers and labor tracking.
Managers lack the understanding that the machines need downtime and proper cleaning to maintain there high work flow. 1 - 5 hrs downtime a week saves the machine from being down weeks at a time.
on feet for 12 hours a day with no sitting allowed
walk 6 - 8 miles per shift
hours change on volume making you burn your PTO to maintain a livable wage
Pros
free soda and water, good discounts and free items if you like shutterfly swag.
Cons
long distance to break room with short breaks, Spend most you time walking to the break room and back than you do on your breaks, office staff is treated way better than production employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shutterfly. Our community is ready to answer.