Shutterfly Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome place to work and grow
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 29, 2016
Shutterfly was absolutely the most professional, fun and family orientated company to work for. Very relaxing environment, whether in the HR department or on the customer service floor its an awesome place to call your work place. From the wonderful management team to the awesome employees they choose to hire. You just cant go wrong when working here. From employee kickball games, the cool break room with a pool table, Xbox, Tv, Beanie bags, etc and we cant forget the snacks are only 25 and 50 cents. Plenty of room to grow and most importantly there is balance. You never feel out of place here. EVERYONE that works here is AWESOME!!!
Very Productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 20, 2016
This company showed me how to operate a machine while i were required to cut a specific amount before my shift was over. The hardest part about the job was actually working 12 hours until my body got adjusted to the schedule i was on. A typical day at work basically was just work until relieved from your shift. This job was an excellent experience and was the first job I have operated a machine
Pros
Excellent money
Cons
Short breaks
learned customer service skills
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 14, 2016
machine operations for a photo book printing company.I ran a printing machine that printed photos for personalized photo books
Pros
upgrades in compensation
Cons
no cons
Have to be tech savvy in order to make it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 8, 2016
Typical day at work while I was there included giving the best customer service that a person can provide. Most of the job is computer based. While there one of the printing sites crashed and those who stuck through the Christmas season were the ones given the opportunity to stay or leave. My job was fun, but since it was only a seasonal job and they did not hire on any family I was asked to go back to my job. Hardest part of the job is they do not hire on family members; my niece worked for them. The part I most enjoyed was helping the customer and leaving them happy at the end of the call.
Very well organized and fun and energetic place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 5, 2016
I worked there for a few months. It was a very interesting job were i learned about printing and how the different machines functioned so that was one of my favorite parts was the learning.
Great people
Bindery Worker (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMarch 27, 2016
The people are great to work with! However the management doesn't have a clue! We are expected to go above and beyond everyday which I have no problem with, But it's never good enough for management it's all about numbers to them that's all they care about.
I loved working here
CoreStaff Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2016
this was a great place to work, I just needed full time/permanent employment. the pay was also a little low and for where I lived the drive was 80+ miles round trip so I needed more money.
Pros
it was doing things that i really enjoyed
Cons
it was temporary/seasonal
Poor leadership and preferential treatment
Operations (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMarch 18, 2016
Unless you are a young female you will not go far in under the current manufacturing leadership in Shakopee. Very cut throat and a win-lose environment. Micro management from the other facilities with everything needing to fit into a little box. Little room for creativity and corp turns a blind eye to potential unethical behavior.
Pros
free pop and coffee, free products
Cons
everything besides free pop and free products
Awesome Job
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 18, 2016
Shutterfly was an very family oriented job that I have learned alot of my skills in customer service from. Everyone was very helpful and made you feel like the true leader that you were.
Pros
Great areas to eat lunch in
Cons
No Cons
Poor management. Especially at this location.
Machine/press operator (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMarch 1, 2016
They favor people here. If you don't have a degree or wear yoga pants. You will not move up in the company. They let me go cause I went out for lunch without punching out. I forgot. Didn't get a warning or nothing. And I thought management and subordinate weren't suppose to hangout after work. But they clearly do on 1st shift and nobody cares. That's how some dweeb that was a normal production worker moved up so fast in the company to become assistance manager.
Not a good work environment
Shutterfly (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2016
Not a great work environment. Negative energy was always around from co-workers to managers. Overall bad experience.
Great atmosphere to work and nice break rooms.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 28, 2016
Clocking in is easy and everyone is very nice. There's a lot of employees that get hired due to seasonal work; therefore, longer lines at the vending machines.
Pros
great hours, cheap food
Cons
standing for 12 hours
Production Over worked low pay.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2016
Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could work hard, for good pay, and work a normal 40 hour work week? Yes, it is. But it's not the way it goes in card production.
Productive, fun, and professional workplace.
Books Associate (Former Employee) –  914 S 52nd St, Tempe, AZ 85281January 10, 2016
Productive - Everyone there was willing to work hard and fast to achieve a community goal. Said goal was never unrealistic.

Fun - Community was willing to work hard and at the same time have fun, joke around, and talk happily without bad attitude or general emotional upheavals, very little drama.

Professional - Community and management were especially professional, no unsavory topics discussed.
Pros
High pay for base work, Multiple breaks
Cons
Mostly looking for temp and seasonal
No growth
operations (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 6, 2016
Every year it gets worse and the opportunities diminish and pay is not at all competitive. They expect hard work, determination and loyalty but would dump you in a second. Tenure and seniority are not a thing here.
Pros
Productive and nice place to work
Technician Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 4, 2016
Productive and enjoyable place to work. Learned a lot as a technician and printing press repair. Co-workers worked well together.
production Lead
production lead (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNDecember 23, 2015
great company with great culture, but very informal takes getting used at frist, but you will love it. one thing I don't like is that they don't tell you the open positions they have, you need to be assertive ask.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
long work hours
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative/Tech Support/Sales (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 22, 2015
Shutterfly was a great place to work many changes on a day to day basis there is no job security and the hours are long during Q4 and you never have a set schedule these are the down sizes to the job
shutterfly
system engineer (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CADecember 20, 2015
Shutterfly, was founded in December 1999 as an internet-based social expression and personal publishing service. I'm very excited to work in this team. Nice company, nice people
Another day on the job...
broom pusher (Current Employee) –  PhxDecember 16, 2015
Management is the whole issue and the only issue, they speak of wanting input from their employees on the floor to make processes better, but that is all just for show. No matter how much they hear what needs to change from the people that actually do the work day in and day out do not make a difference, the people upstairs make the changes and do not really care about who has to put up with the errors. Until the management changes, all the good people will not stay and put up with these political games. I hear it from everyone everyday and that could only mean that is the main issue with this whole company.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Management, the great "Ideas"