Shutterfly Employee Reviews

Great Place for Career
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNDecember 7, 2017
Shutterfly full-time (More than 2+ years)
Pros
-Excellent benefits
-Outstanding products
-Excellent Management
-Friendly Envrionment
Cons
-Few opportunities for long term advancement
-Sub par pay
Shutterfly was an extremely great job
Warehouse CV machine operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 6, 2017
I worked at the Warehouse Production Department at Shutterfly. I was in charge of making sure that all of the boxes the big and small boxes where loaded into the Fed Ex Department, UPS Shipping Department, and the US Postal Office Department. The boxes were coming in at a very fast pace and there where boxes always coming in which I had to move fast.
Pros
Warehouse Production Labor Material Handler
Cons
Safety
slow paced production
Assembler Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 6, 2017
a typical day at shutterfly waiting on printer to print out photos or books basically checking everything to make sure its right making sure machine had ink
playing pool
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNDecember 6, 2017
i would get to work before 5 p.m the time we started , ill play a little bit of pool in the mean time. The day would start of well and then at times it will get boring and irritated cause the machines will get jammed like every 5 mins so that wasnt good and it was happening constantly so i had to look for a new job because standing around wasnt getting me any where
Pros
coffee
Cons
short breaks
Free Soda
Digital Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2017
They give all employees things to keep them moving like a free soda in the break room. They also cut most of the break food machines in half so employees are not spending a lot of money at work.
Pros
break room
Cons
low pay
Descent Work Environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 5, 2017
A typical day at work for shutterfly, is prepping, and making sure all the photo gifts, and pictures ready to ship. I learned about using a Maxi press to mass produce photo art. The workplace culture is fast paced and stressful. Hardest part of the job was maintaining that pace for 12 plus hours.
Relaxed quick paced work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 2, 2017
It was a good job to work at. I would recommend it to others. It’s not really a hard job and it’s not a harsh environment to work at. If anybody is looking for a job then this would be good for them.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
I stayed a hour away
Friendly work environement
Workforce Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 16, 2017
good place to work, job security needs improvement, you never know when you are going to get laid off in order to maximize profits, the longer you are their and the more money you make you are more likely to get laid off in favor of a newer employee who makes less
Great Company!
Program Manager/Product Manager (Current Employee) –  TelecommuterNovember 14, 2017
Shutterfly is an awesome company to work for. They offer a great flexible work schedule which creates a great work/life balance to all employees. The most enjoyable part of my Job is working with people from all over the country.
game room food trucks
Inventory Specialist-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2017
Hours were long especially through the holiday season. very quick paced, deadlines had to be met. The job was enjoyable for me. There was no room for much mistakes. the work culture was rapid and fun. M
Pros
good pay, plenty of hours given, decent breaks
Cons
Went through a temp agency
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 26, 2017
I love working for Shutterfly!!! Managers are fair and caring. Employees are great to work with. I am excited every year to go back. Unfortunately I had to miss last years call back.
Production and Management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 26, 2017
I worked as a tech support last two weeks, one of the senior tech working with alcohol, worst atmosphere in technical side.Managers never in touch with tech and their issues. They recruited several people from last one month without their interests and then they terminated with in weeks during training period.Please don't waste your time working with shutter fly through adecco.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Short breaks
Culture is good, too tight on some things
Digital Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2017
They have a great culture, and fun atmosphere, but the breaks are extremely short and the clocking in/out is a bit of a hassle. Most seasoned employees are fun to talk to and work with.
Pros
Fun with print benefits
quick paced work enviroment
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 24, 2017
the people were enjoyable, the pace was quick, to meet quota. even thought your upper body is moving your lower body has to stand pretty still. upper management cared for you and your physical well being.
Good
Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 21, 2017
I learned that you have to work hard to play hard.
Very good place to work.
Very good Administration Management.
Work life balance was good.
Most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Good for starting your career
Productive workplace and a great place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 14, 2017
Fun, easy and friendly.
Everyone looks out for one another and the work was easy enough to understand and to do, for all sections of the warehouse. You cannot go wrong working at Shuttlefly.
Pros
paid luch, bonuses, $50, $100 & $200 gift cards, pool table & Xbox Live in break room
Cons
down time could last more than 4hours
workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 8, 2017
if this job is for you then you should go for it if you like seasonal jobs take it. If you like doing warehouse work go apply. it wasnt really for me the hours were crazy i couldnt do 4am to 4pm anymore. Especially it was seasonal
Pros
free soda and cofffee
Cons
seasonal, low pay
Fast paced workplace
Canvas Maker (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 27, 2017
Working for shutterfly wasn't`t bad I was just on my feet for 12 hours a day. I had to get to work at 4 Am and we only got two 30 minute breaks during the shift
Fun place to work
Senior Buyer/Planner Manager (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNSeptember 27, 2017
Fun culture, smart leadership, cool products, Q4 is stressful. Overall a very good place to work.Very face paced environment and we are given a lot of opportunity to make our own decisions.
Printing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 23, 2017
Need to make availability better, the hours need to be more flexible. And the managers need to be a little nicer. Need more communication. It was hard for me to find a manager when I needed to talk to one about my specific job.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Concrete floors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shutterfly. Our community is ready to answer.