Shutterfly Employee Reviews

Shutterfly is okay, contracting is not
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 2, 2017
I have no issues with shutterfly as a company, it's a fun environment and the managers take good care of you. I'm currently a contractor here and I have no security and you get no benefits which is a bummer
Very busy holiday season
Seasonal Customer Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 2, 2017
Received very good training prior to being put on the phone. Work environment was super inviting and fun. Supervisors were easy to talk to. Many activities withing the company and opportunities like raffle giveaways and spirit week.
Pros
Fun activities withing the company
Cons
long seasonal hours
productive and fun workplace with a game room
Shipper/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 31, 2017
the hardest part of the job is trying to stay focused because they have so many temptations around that will make you want to just camp out there. no but seriously this company was the best warehouse that I have ever worked for in my entire life.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 30, 2017
Working well with others can be very helpful for work to be as successful as possible. A great environment for growth and future plans for a self worth to improve
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Not enough days in a week
Some Perks, but no life balance
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 28, 2017
Long hours when peak season, tons of micromanagement, compensation is not what it should be for what they are asking. If you are young and qualified to work here, go to amazon instead. Its the same hard work for way more money.
Pros
Free drinks, excercise room, free products
Cons
Parking, long hours, temp workers during holiday season
Focused work enviroment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2017
Working with a company that is fast past, proficient, and was always exciting, was a job I truly enjoyed. It has the perfect balance of on going learning with various machines.
Pros
Vending food was half price
Cons
short breaks
Casual and fun place to work
Customer Care Team Member (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJanuary 27, 2017
There was a lot to learn to be a customer care team member. The Christmas season is intense. The customers can be testy at times but the products are good quality.
Pros
free shutterfly products and prizes awarded
Great attempt
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 23, 2017
Company has great ideals but the Management, cant see they run the facility horribly. The main issue is that management has created a place and position for everyone to effectively have two people. The figurehead of the position and then some random sheep to do his work. Who seems to be fired every year or so.
like this on every level. So nothing gets done
productive and fast working place
General Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 19, 2017
Clean and warm environment.
Fun and friendly workers.
A real opportunity to join the team
A safe a secured place to work.
And is also great for financial security.
Pros
paid lunch breaks and free lunches
Cons
Not allowed to leave during break.
slow/ long days, good break rooms, poor management
Corestaff Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 14, 2017
Was hired for a temporary seasonal job. Came in every day, worked all of my scheduled shifts + much overtime, performing not only my job but others as well (many many many lazy workers) Towards the end of the season i was told that i was being kept full time and i was then transferred to a different department and was given my new instructions. Two days later management told me "my time was up."
Pros
Break rooms, hours
Cons
Management, lazy coworkers
Unorganized
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 6, 2017
They will hire you even if your background doesn't come back in time & go about not paying you like you didn't work those hours other than that the job was laid back
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Seasonal
Great entry level place to work
Make My Book Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 5, 2017
This has been one enjoyable ride working here. The most positive thing about this company is the environment. It is very laid back and easy going. They truly have an open door policy. You can speak to any level manager about anything and they will listen.
Robbed and no communication
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNDecember 29, 2016
As they hire for the season please be aware that you will be will be working 72 hours a week. Yes a week. You will also be working 6 days a week and only having one day off. Which is fine and its great money.

One thing that was hard is that they don't care, after having my car broken into and destroyed nothing was said. Then to add I had stuff stolen off my desk. Again nothing. I was told they would talk to us (the people who cars were broken into ) and pretty much they blew it off.

Some of the leadership, were just a joke.

If you have children forget working here. Even if you need to call in once due to your child being sick forget it your done. Not a family place to work.

Another thing is marketing. They knew we were unable to handle more orders but kept making deals for others to place an order. We at one point have over 1500 people in Q that orders never even got to them by the holidays.

Don't expect to be hired on for full time.
Pros
free food once in a while
Cons
no health care if seasonal.
Enjoyed work envirnoment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 27, 2016
Enjoyed learning new departments. Working with different people. A busy place to work which I like a lot. The company is a great place to work. You have to be able to stand for 12 hours. I worked 3 days a week 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Break times are no clock out
Cons
temporary
fun working with the differant pictures
Digital Press Operator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 22, 2016
One of the best companies to work for in the world. Very clean place to work, some of the most friendly people to work with during the time of employment.
Pros
free drinks during breaks
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace lots of hours
Production Designer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 13, 2016
Hired as a seasonal employee. Great training and post-training coaching. Can get difficult to balance work and home life because of the long hours. Good pay and a lot of overtime.
Pros
Overtime, work environment, free drinks, great building
Cons
Long hours, stressful
Poor Management/Structure
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 29, 2016
I learned how much organization and structured management really is key to wherever you're working. Shutterfly, Inc. really lacked that for me.
Amazing Payroll Team
Contract Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CANovember 14, 2016
This payroll team was a joy to work with. My co-workers were dedicated and I would enjoy working with them again. The supervisor was a valued leader and extremely helpful and her management skills were unparalleled to any in my vast experience.
Work enviroment is fast paced and yet supportive to learning your job
Part-Time Seasonal Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNNovember 6, 2016
I was hired as a seasonal employee so I was not given any promises for future employment, however there were promises of extra hourly wages and such that they have now taken back.
And it's very hard to look for another job when you're expected to work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day for a month, but before then you work no more then 32 hours a week with many offers a day for VTO.
Workday Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 22, 2016
Great place to work.
Implemented payroll, absence management, time tracking and various other modules.
Worked on integration with variuos 3rd party systems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shutterfly. Our community is ready to answer.