Sibley Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Company oriented health care policies
Registered Nurse/ICU (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2016
Great location in the northwest DC area. I Had a great team to work with in the PACU and the ICU. We all worked well together and had many an enjoyable work days. We had a good mix of cultures.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Managment is poor
Advancing in opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2016
Because Sibley has merged with John Hopkins, there are great opportunities available. Sibley has a great team work approach which is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free parking, small environment
Cons
low pay
Old Way
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2016
Sibley Hospital is still functioning from the 1980's care model. The working atmosphere is almost similar to a dysfunctional family relationship. The manager are all for themselves, and will throw anyone under the bus. They also tend to cater to upper middle class, and tend to frown down on lower middle class. If you have over flow of $$$ Sibley, is a great hospital. The pay sucks for employees
Undergoing many changes.
RN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2016
A dramatic change in senior management has facilitated a negative and less supportive change in the workplace culture. Although they are good leaders, some directors are being placed in positions where they have little to no experience.
Pros
Good benefit package
fun-loving envioronment
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2016
loved everything about it I moved back home. I liked all of my patients and they liked me the families of the patients liked me I truly enjoyed my patients. One of my patients passed away and left me a sum of money who would have thought that a patient would leave you a 1,000.I appreciated too.
Pros
freelunches
Cons
nobreaks
Fun Place to work at
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2016
Sibley Memorial was a great place to work at. I always felt welcomed and was payed well too. The people there were amazing. They were active, very kind, and perfect. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Easy work to do
Cons
Was very far
My Review
Care Manager (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 10, 2016
Educational place to work. The employers and employees work together. Some of the residents are nice and helpful. Sometimes the nurses helps out the care managers.
not a good place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 18, 2016
i believe sibley hospital can be better dont like it since john hopkins took it over asking for a background check deeply and dont pay enough money
Thankful for the experience and gained a lot of knowledge
Mammographer/Breast Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2015
Great place to learn and work. I learned how to multitask and this job gave me the tools to advance into breast interventional radiology.
great place to work for
housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 6, 2015
A typical work day at sibley is you always have something to even if your finished i love working around the people i work with and i enjoy all the residents and patents i come in contact with
excellent
Medical Technologist II (Generalist) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 1, 2015
I enjoy working at Sibley, I was awarded a position at Sibley as Medical Technologist II. I am willing to learn and continue working for Sibley. I was given an opportunity, and I intend to make the most of it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long driving to work
Great Place to work if looking for a laid back atmosphere
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2015
Any given day can bring new challenges- whether is light and easy patient load to a series of multiple admissions and discharges within one shift. I learned that jumping for the first opportunity to work somewhere is not wise. More research is required to know if you and the company/ unit are a good fit. Management that I have dealt with seem nonchalant about the more important issues, and high strung about simple matters. Working well with people who would rather not be at work at all is the hardest part about working there. I love to meet and/or speak with patients and families about their personal experience while in the hospital. The hospital should not make a person give up hope or feel like they are a burden to anyone.
Pros
patient population
Cons
short breaks, bad benefits package, working conditions in some units
Great Environment
customer service ambassador (Current Employee) –  Washingfton DCSeptember 9, 2015
Sibley is a great place to work, great environment, great co workers.
A normal day at Sibley is helping out people all day, making sure we are giving patients and visitors the best customer. The most enjoyable part of my day is when people leave with a smile.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits.
intern training
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 8, 2015
Great learning environment for a budding professional in the field. Attentive and skilled staff providing excellent feedback and skills training.
cassandra white
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 31, 2015
Very challenging i work with a union deal with a lot of call outs
I learn how manage people
make lots of decision with employees working station
co workers are helpful
the union rules
working with the students that attend the university
Department of Psychiatry is Interesting
Lead Program Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 12, 2015
A typical work day for me consists of interacting with the staff both in patient and out patient. Some days are good and quiet and others are intense. We have a variety of patients that have special needs and wants. I've learned a lot working in Psychiatry which has helped me to identify mental illnesses and assist in intervention. My co-workers and I work together as a team to attend to the patients need on a day to day basis. Working closely with the nurse manager and Director, I have gained a lot of managerial skills as well. I enjoy working in Psychiatry. It makes my day very educational and interesting. I would say there is never a dull moment.
Pros
Excellent Incentives
Cons
Short Staff
Great management team and cooperative staff members
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 22, 2015
It is important to communicate with the management team at all times of the day to successfully carry out tasks. The co workers were really nice and easy to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting up with everyone during break. I learned that having a good relationship with the people you work with is very important.
Pros
Great pay, provides healthcare
i did clinicals for my RN here
Registered Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  D.C.July 7, 2015
I did clinical for my RN here. I learned how to operate as an RN in the hospital. SIBLEY/John Hopkins Is a great teaching hospital
Pros
great clinicals
Cons
too short
Hard work
Retail Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2015
Job security has been a hot topic lately. It is hard to maintain the prestige with limit staff. Work is becoming harder everyday with limited support.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
schedule
Secretary Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2015
Great place to work. Very helpful with keeping employees up to date on latest innovations in healthcare.
Helpful and knowledgeable leaders,also great working relationship with those in charge.
Pros
Decent salaries
Cons
Can be stressful, however the company helps employees with stress management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Sibley Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location