Sidecar

Sidecar United States Employee Reviews

They say one thing and do another
JO BLO (Former Employee), Any city, usaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: none anymore
Cons: way to many to mention.
The app crashes at least twice per day, they keep flipping the script and lowering fares to attract more riders, but yet they end up losing drivers. They tell you during the 2x ride match that they will pay out those ride match payments. They never tell upfront how much they will match just that they will match. They are not transparent what so ever-double talkers-thieves, all that you are reading prior to this is very true. If you believe sidecar I have some elevator shoes to sell.

WARNING: "DO NOT DRIVE FOR THEM!"

You have been warned!!
Worst Rideshare Company Out There - Do NOT work for these thieves
Partner/Driver (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: choose your own hours
Cons: app failures, fares come out lower than they should be, terrible driver customer service
My experience with Sidecar started out ~okay~. I didn't make as much money as they'd promised and their app was terrible from day 1. I eventually drove more for their competitors because I just didn't make enough and the app kept crashing my phone.

About 9-10 months in, I started to notice that fares were coming out with really inconsistent rates - sometimes paying me only $5 for a ride that took almost an hour and covered many miles. It's okay for things to go wrong IF the company will listen to complaints and fix it, but Sidecar's response to my repeated messages by phone and email was to ignore me again and again, tell me they'd addressed my concerns when they hadn't, and ultimately threaten to boot me off the service if I didn't stop asking about these wrong fares.

I just wanted to get paid for the work that I had done, and in response, they threatened me.

They frequently run promotions where, if drivers take x-number of rides in a weekend, they get a bonus of x-number dollars. Sidecar has not paid me the bonuses that I have earned, and has so far ignored FOUR requests that they look into it and pay me.

Ultimately these guys are no better than Uber or Lyft and in many ways are worse because they pretend to be the "nice guys" of ridesharing, but I was a loyal, positive, go-the-extra-mile-with-a-smile-on driver, and they won't even respond to me when I say "hey, this fare doesn't look right, I think I deserve more than $4.50 for driving this person almost five miles, could you please look into it".

Passengers are pretty much the same on all the services, but the treatment – more... of drivers is by far the worst on Sidecar. I will never drive for them again and never take another ride with them as a passenger. I have influenced many of my friends to delete their Sidecar apps. I can see in the driver community forum, called the "Garage", that I am far from the only driver to have had this experience. Sidecar are losing a lot more than the amount they owe me by ignoring me, and hopefully will go out of business soon. – less
You are your boss
Driver (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2014
You turn on the app and you work. You don't feel like working? Turn off the app. You don't have a schedule to abide by. You make as much or little as you want. It all depends on rides being requested etc. Great part time gig if you ask me.
Garbage Job to have
Driver (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAMay 19, 2014
Pros: follow your own schedule, ok side job
Cons: use your own car, they charge you to transfer your money to your bank account, not enough rides, bad customer service
You get many riders who have false credit card information where it takes you 14 days to get reimbursed by sidecar. During the week its super slow to get rides because they have so many drivers. You also get a lot of cancellations or no shows. They don't provide you with any forms when it comes to taxes so you have to file as personal income and your tax bracket goes higher. The customer service or help is only through email and they only have two people who answer all these emails. I would be very worried if i was in an accident where i'd have to wait 24 hours or longer to find out what to do next through an email.
Driver (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 9, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: maitenence on my vehicle
I like the job, it is hard to have such upkeep on my own vehicle. That is why I am looking for work that does not involve my own vehicle. I basically pick up guests and make sure they get to there destination in an orderly fashion.
Customer services oriented fun working environment
Driver (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: good money fantastic management
Cons: the disolving of shifts and slow work and income during the weekdays
I enjoy sidecar due to the fact you make your own schedule and are compensated by the level of customer service you provide your riders and users of the application.
Convenient Way to Make Money
Community Driver (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2013
Pros: extremely flexible schedule
Cons: sometimes hard to find rides
Great way to make money on the side. You drive people to their destinations using the app on your phone. The payment is all electronic. There are no shifts, you simply log on anytime you feel like driving. Only drawback is that people technically don't have to pay you for the ride which rarely actually happens.

About Sidecar

SideCar is moving transportation in a big, sustainable, community-driven direction -- one ride at a time. Whether you’re – Read more