Sidecar

Sidecar Employee Reviews

Easy, good idea, bad area.
driver (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: My own time
Cons: Bad Drunk People.
i signed up for SideCar thinking i could make some money on my days off. Shortly after doing so, i worked the graveyard shift and on my way home i decided to stop off and pick someone up. this guy needed to go where i was from about 10 miles away (i average about 15 miles a gallon) then ten miles there. i waited an additional 2 minutes for the guy after the time limit no big deal i will still rate 5 stars because im not mad about it. so i drive him there we hit it off like we been best friends forever. im rated as "alright" by him. may 11 i show up in la mesa at 8 pm and begin waiting for a hit within a 19mile radius nothing happens i go to santee and wait and its not until 1150pm that i get one and this one is for 14 bucks but its at sdsu. so i make it there and all the sudden the individual disapears and wont answer the phone so im like okay no big deal its a no show and im on my way. so then i get a hit in north park and thats pretty close but its 5 dollars. i get there pick her up no problem at all she is just very anti-social so i keep my distance. that ride went good now i get a hit about 5 streets away. this lady and her friends were very touchy and feely and im like am i aloud to tell them no? will i get in trouble for them touching me? anyways, i continue on to the place they said to drop them off which they wernt even at the place they said they were and then they needed additional off the radar drop-off. okay no big deal i still rate them 5 stars. (need i mind you i loaded my car with waters, hand sanitizer, napkins, and cleaned and washed it before hitting the road – more... with a air freshener). so then my next hit is all the way in pb for 5 dollars. im like whatever ill do it this ride went smoothly drop him off a couple streets away and head off to downtown where my next hit is and the individual doesnt show up so i decide to head home (24 fitness first) and look at my ratings. 2 said nothing specific and one said unpleasant ride and another did not rate me. IM LIKE WTF?@#!?@#! WTF?#@$#?$@#$?%^#$%$^%@#$!@@! i only earned a total 27 dollars and wasted over 30 in gas plus an additional 10 dollars on a carwash that night. – less
Flexible beyond compare
Driver/Ride Share Operator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Incredibly flexible, no one to answer to, no boss, you are your own boss!
Cons: Rating system for drivers is flawed due to high demands by business, lack of knowledge on account of customers in regard to how the rating system works.
The most flexible job I'll ever have. The ability to seamlessly start work whenever and wherever I am as long as I am with my vehicle and I have no passengers currently with me, is truly a blessing. I absolutely love the ease and accessibility that comes with working for the rideshare industry.
Avoid this company
driver (Former Employee), Los AngelesNovember 20, 2014
Pros: own boss
Cons: low pay, benefits the rider and the company only
You give long rides for very little pay plus rhe cost of gas and your car mileage. Try Uber, its fair and pays good.
They say one thing and do another
JO BLO (Former Employee), Any city, usaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: none anymore
Cons: way to many to mention.
The app crashes at least twice per day, they keep flipping the script and lowering fares to attract more riders, but yet they end up losing drivers. They tell you during the 2x ride match that they will pay out those ride match payments. They never tell upfront how much they will match just that they will match. They are not transparent what so ever-double talkers-thieves, all that you are reading prior to this is very true. If you believe sidecar I have some elevator shoes to sell.

WARNING: "DO NOT DRIVE FOR THEM!"

You have been warned!!
Worst Rideshare Company Out There - Do NOT work for these thieves
Partner/Driver (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: choose your own hours
Cons: app failures, fares come out lower than they should be, terrible driver customer service
My experience with Sidecar started out ~okay~. I didn't make as much money as they'd promised and their app was terrible from day 1. I eventually drove more for their competitors because I just didn't make enough and the app kept crashing my phone.

About 9-10 months in, I started to notice that fares were coming out with really inconsistent rates - sometimes paying me only $5 for a ride that took almost an hour and covered many miles. It's okay for things to go wrong IF the company will listen to complaints and fix it, but Sidecar's response to my repeated messages by phone and email was to ignore me again and again, tell me they'd addressed my concerns when they hadn't, and ultimately threaten to boot me off the service if I didn't stop asking about these wrong fares.

I just wanted to get paid for the work that I had done, and in response, they threatened me.

They frequently run promotions where, if drivers take x-number of rides in a weekend, they get a bonus of x-number dollars. Sidecar has not paid me the bonuses that I have earned, and has so far ignored FOUR requests that they look into it and pay me.

Ultimately these guys are no better than Uber or Lyft and in many ways are worse because they pretend to be the "nice guys" of ridesharing, but I was a loyal, positive, go-the-extra-mile-with-a-smile-on driver, and they won't even respond to me when I say "hey, this fare doesn't look right, I think I deserve more than $4.50 for driving this person almost five miles, could you please look into it".

Passengers are pretty much the same on all the services, but the treatment – more... of drivers is by far the worst on Sidecar. I will never drive for them again and never take another ride with them as a passenger. I have influenced many of my friends to delete their Sidecar apps. I can see in the driver community forum, called the "Garage", that I am far from the only driver to have had this experience. Sidecar are losing a lot more than the amount they owe me by ignoring me, and hopefully will go out of business soon. – less
You are your boss
Driver (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2014
You turn on the app and you work. You don't feel like working? Turn off the app. You don't have a schedule to abide by. You make as much or little as you want. It all depends on rides being requested etc. Great part time gig if you ask me.
Garbage Job to have
Driver (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAMay 19, 2014
Pros: follow your own schedule, ok side job
Cons: use your own car, they charge you to transfer your money to your bank account, not enough rides, bad customer service
You get many riders who have false credit card information where it takes you 14 days to get reimbursed by sidecar. During the week its super slow to get rides because they have so many drivers. You also get a lot of cancellations or no shows. They don't provide you with any forms when it comes to taxes so you have to file as personal income and your tax bracket goes higher. The customer service or help is only through email and they only have two people who answer all these emails. I would be very worried if i was in an accident where i'd have to wait 24 hours or longer to find out what to do next through an email.
Driver (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 9, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: maitenence on my vehicle
I like the job, it is hard to have such upkeep on my own vehicle. That is why I am looking for work that does not involve my own vehicle. I basically pick up guests and make sure they get to there destination in an orderly fashion.
Customer services oriented fun working environment
Driver (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: good money fantastic management
Cons: the disolving of shifts and slow work and income during the weekdays
I enjoy sidecar due to the fact you make your own schedule and are compensated by the level of customer service you provide your riders and users of the application.
Convenient Way to Make Money
Community Driver (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2013
Pros: extremely flexible schedule
Cons: sometimes hard to find rides
Great way to make money on the side. You drive people to their destinations using the app on your phone. The payment is all electronic. There are no shifts, you simply log on anytime you feel like driving. Only drawback is that people technically don't have to pay you for the ride which rarely actually happens.
Industry