Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Found 1,436 reviews matching the search
An OK job
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 19, 2017
I did some deskside support along with a hardware refresh years back. Was a tough job but I muddled through for a while. Management was run of the mill. I wasn't a particularly good culture fit so, that's that. The hardest part of the job, trying to meet the project requirements with such a tight timeline. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers
Pros
It's work
Cons
was a contractor
Good company
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 18, 2017
Working with Siemens was pleasurable. I had a job that I loved but unfortunately the manager was not someone that was a leader. I would like to have been better guided through the policies and guidelines.
Productive and fun place to work in.
IT Architect III (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Productive and fun place to work in. Provided a very challenging environment to work. Fortunate to get a really good team.
Pros
Provided a very challenging environment
Proficient & productive
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Fast face working environment. Corporate professional. Friendly co-workers. Interact with different departments within Share Services. Have lots of fun with co-workers and team leads
Great benifits, poor company culture
Engineering Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJanuary 14, 2017
Siemens is very different from division to division. My division figured out how to turn employs into factory cogs. You were not encouraged or supported in your career growth/development. Advancement is opaque and become political instead of merit based. Having said that their healthcare and general benefits package have been the best I have ever had.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Toxic culture
Professional
Sr Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX 75039January 14, 2017
Working for Siemens teaches you perfection.
Automation and Engineering at its best.
Exposed to US Govt facilities with Security clearances.
Travel 100% in the country.
Respond 24/7 to technical support
Pros
Learning
Cons
Pay
Great company
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Great company to work for. I was in sales and it was a very positive work environment. You really need to be good with time management to succeed in this environment.
Good place to work overall
IT support Technician (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 12, 2017
I was the only IT support in the facility for 300+ workstations and 6 servers, 7 switches and 2 firewalls. A typical day was to check in and review my ticket log and emails for any priority work to be done. Check in with the building administrative secretary for any upcoming events or new users to be starting.

Then on to going through my ticket log and resolving issues one at a time. I would stop if any priority tickets or hard down issues came up. I was told by the head of maintenance that if it takes batteries or is plugged into the wall, then I support it.
Pros
Great peoplt
Cons
Always on call with no backup.
Experience
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Walpole, MAJanuary 12, 2017
learned advanced technical skills as well as improved management skills. Typical day to day is always challenging in terms of troubleshooting issues.
one of my favorite company to work for
Millwright Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Braceville, ILJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day consist of getting briefed on the scope of work for the day. We learn how to stay focused through training provided by Siemens.My coworkers and i are responsible for engaging in safe work practices while performing our work. The most enjoyable part is working in such a safe environment.
Pros
great people, training
Cons
short outages
Big company
Business Operations Manager - Solutions (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day is consumed with searching for able and skilled technicians that can execute the work assigned.
I've learned to be very independent and receive very little direction from my manager.
My co-workers are very nice and are very knowledgeable in their trades.
The hardest part of the job is knowing who to talk to for what answers you need as Siemens is a very large and specialized company.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2017
The company has great management. The upper management cares about the none management personnel. If you are a hard worker the management notices you and rewards you as such.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Fun place and lots of opportunities
Engineering/Technical Sales (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJJanuary 8, 2017
I was able to enjoy work everyday and was able to have great quality of life while earning a decent penny. I recommend this place.
Pros
Great pay
Worst experience ever
Invoice Audit Supervisor (Accounts Payable) (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 8, 2017
Odd culture where failure is rewarded. Poor treatment of employees. Allowed the client to abuse the Siemens contract employees.
The worst management team I've ever had to deal with.
Pros
Cons
Management.
Best job I ever had
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJanuary 8, 2017
To ensure all duties of shipping medicine was done to different countries.
I learned alot especially with logistics, hazardous materials, and shipping protocol.
The management is the best and all help as much as they can.
Being stuck in the cold all day sometimes.
Pros
Break every two hours
Cons
Stuck in controlled temperature environment for hours.
Great experience.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 5, 2017
If you enjoy traveling and seeing new places, this is perfect for you. Opportunity to make a good amount of money with overtime almost always guaranteed on job assignments.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Difficult if you have a family
Technical Support/Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day started off with coffee to stay awake. Learned about how much a group of people can achieve if they share the same goal and are all driven to attain it. It was typically filled with meetings and deadlines but with amazing co-workers it was an amazing place to be
Pros
Free Lunches (during meetings)
Cons
short breaks, health care
Good People
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 29, 2016
You get what you put into it. Understand that everyone is doing the best they can with what they have. Everyone wants to give everyone a fair deal. They can't do that if you're trying to scam them. I was raised by dragons so unfortunately I was raised to be a princess. Treat them like a King and they'll treat you like a King and nobody has to sleep on the couch.
Pros
vehicle, gas, good insurance, great people
Cons
can't afford to live in the place you serve long drives
Excellent place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 29, 2016
Excellent place to work if you can get past living in Michigan. Knowledgeable team and excellent management that wants everyone to succeed. Flexible hours and multiple break rooms. Located near i75.
outstanding solutions
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MNDecember 22, 2016
By far the best products available. Very complex solutions that work well together. coworkers helpful in success of company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.