Siemens AG Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,346 reviews matching the search
Good Company
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 18, 2016
good place to work, managers are reasonable, co-workers are easy-going, some bureaucracy due the fact it is huge European company.
Pros
Nice work environment, low pressure
Cons
Bureaucracy
Siemens summary
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2016
My Siemens summary is found above . Great benefits, great everything . Recent corporate structural changes are not favorable for me to keep my current position here in Houston .
Pros
Great everything
Cons
Too many undefined corporate structural changes .
Work place at Siemens
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2016
Siemens is a good place to work, upper management wants you to work hard but have a family to work balance in life. Family is important to Siemens and to their employees.
Pros
New Way of Work
Cons
They don't communicate well when things are going to change.
This is a big thank
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 17, 2016
This is very good site. We are working very good condition and have been made to order. We have a great time in the past.
The company is looking for work experience.
Productive, ever changing and evolving Globally
Contracts Administrator II (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 14, 2016
Busy, busy, busy - love working at Siemens and my co-workers, management. Hardest part of the job is that there are not enough hours in the day. Most enjoyable is to be able to resolve unbilled Aged AR...I love resolve and the accomplishments I have made that helps Siemens reach their goals.
Pros
Great company, great people to work with
Cons
A lot of work for one person
Supportive management, good work/life balance
Global Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 13, 2016
- Good company culture,
- support mothers needs
- helps to improve your career
- appreciate hard work
- too much responsibility for one person
- love working for Siemens
Cons
higher compensation
very productive, relax environment, lean driven culture
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2016
A typical day would begin with cost analysis for production orders ensuring repair philosophy verses replacement philosophy was being followed. Also would review failure analysis history for trending and process improvements. The main focus at Dade Behring was employee involvement in continuous improvement initiatives.
Pros
flexible work schedule, good health benefits, good 401K program, good tuition reimbursement program
Cons
company sold to Siemens
Decent Benefits, Management issues and Politics
Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 10, 2016
Management of Product & System Business team was very bad, playing politics to get rid of people who aren't in their clique.

HR policy not applied consistently with some people given preference whilst others are given the boot! Same reason why some people are given knowledge upgrade whilst others aren't.

Good benefits which are getting eroded as time passes.

Job security is at risk as high rate of outsourcing.
Benefits
Cons
Some groups have bad management, Inconsistent HR policy, No knowledge upgrade, Outsourcing.
Good work environment
Electro Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  New Kensington, PAAugust 9, 2016
On a daily basis I learned how to trouble shoot electrical and electronic equipment.
the management was OK.
my coworkers where good to work with.
the pushing and pulling of 240 lb cells.
the people.
Pros
gainshare
Cons
short breaks
Not the job for me.
Clinical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 2, 2016
Too much traveling and I was more of a clinical specialist, not a sales person. People was professional, but I did not enjoy working from home.
Siemens Nashville, TN - Worst Job Ever!
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 31, 2016
Over 30 years in the construction industry and how this large German owned firm has not been investigated is beyond understanding.

The Siemens USA team wants you to pre-turn in employees timecards to puff monthly P&L's.

Then if those employees did or did not work the estimated hours they are out of luck getting the money that is due to them.

Nashville managers are not there because they are AREA managers that travel 70% of the time to other states that they manage or lack of manage.

The only thing positive is the employees. Siemens has a ton of very valuable employees that are very intelligent and dedicated.

If you are into processes to use the restroom then apply with Siemens.

If you want to be micromanaged but processes apply with Siemens.

I was being paid over 100K base pay and I would not recommend this company to anyone that wants to have a career.

Local Management in Nashville, TN is a joke. The turnover is beyond crazy.

You have to pay almost $200 a month to use a company car.
Pros
Fellow employees.
Cons
Micromanage processes, benifits, $200 to use a comany car, management, false P&L records
Good place to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 30, 2016
It was always a joy going to work and that is all a man can ask for. The pay was okay lots of overtime I was a forklift operator shipping and receiving
Pros
Free lunch if you work on the weekend
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Best company I worked for during my career
IT & Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FL 32746July 20, 2016
Managed small business software development team for factory systems. Initiated bar code scanning for tracking product from birth to grave. Responsible for multi-million dollar software system/processes.

IT department was out-sourced in 2001 and entire department was displaced. Director of manufacturing asked that I remain and support SAP procedures. I was given the manager position for the customer service department as well.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10018July 14, 2016
Great very large company, if project shuts down there is always opportunity in different divisions for the valuable employees.
Benefits
Cons
can be less German in US
Good company - stupid managers
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2016
It is a good company with very stupid managers. They preach a lot about diversity and inclusion. If you are from Timbuktu you will be hired but forget about possibilities for promotions. I think that the company likes to hire people from all over the world just to be good in the books but I have been there over six years and have seen that only males from India are considered for promotions, I mean there are intelligent people in Timbuktu too!.
Work is slow, so it is pretty darn boring most of the time. Not challenging.

It is OK to work there if you do not care about having a career and are content with being always doing a boring job seen that only Indian guys become managers in a blink.
Pros
Benefits, vacation
Cons
Poor management, buddy buddy system.
fun work place
INSIDE SALES REP (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2016
at siemens the training is great the employees are friendly and there is no limit to how much you can make in terms of uncapped commissions
Great company overall
Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJuly 8, 2016
great opportunity and experience to work here. work life balance still needs enhancement. High stress environment mostly driven by wild schedule expectations. Management seems interested in real change, but implementation is slow.
Pros
company brand and reputation
I am an excellent communicator
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  AngolaJuly 6, 2016
I express myself through interaction with others in formal or informal contexts, and I enjoy dynamic dialogues and a general discussion of ideas and different viewpoints. My constant attention to detail has made me an excellent team player.
Nice place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2016
Open environment where everyone contributes to the effort to help human resource department do the best job. People in this department treat each other with respect.
Great Place to work
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 27, 2016
Process Billing,
Process vouchers.
I learned the functions of Accounts payable, Receivable, General ledger, Sales and Use Tax. Management was very good. I had good co-workers and we worked in team. the hades par of the job was late hours during the month and year close. Most enjoyable part was exercise room on the campus
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours during the close