Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Found 1,407 reviews matching the search
Overall a great place to be
SR.QUALITY ENGINEER/QUALITY MANAGER IN PROJECTS (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 12, 2016
I went to Siemens as a contractor and was offered the chance to work full time for them. It was the best decision I made. The pay was awesome! The benefits were great! Especially wonderful were summer hours and telecommuting. Couldn't ask for anything better.

Negatives - I had a new boss every year. Reviews were harder and harder every year with near impossible goals.
Pros
Great pay, schedule, and benefits
Cons
Constantly new culture intiatives
Enjoyed my job and responsibilities
Records Management Supervisor/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PADecember 3, 2016
The job and responsibilities were changing from hard copy to electronic. This was challenging and gave me a pride of satisfaction after learning the tasks. Enjoyed being a team player and working with management. The most challenging part was the constant changing of the software and testing until the application worked correctly. The most enjoyable part of my joy was the contact with the employees that I had to interact with in my job.
Pros
At lunch time we could play quoits with other employees in the company and get to meet them.
Good learning environment for beginning to mid level financial underwriting and portfolio management
Senior Credit Officer/Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2016
An excellent workplace where I have been educated further in my Equipment Finance and portfolio management career.

Once a division with an increasing portfolio willing to bid and finance various types of industries and transactions, SFS is shortening its vision of what to finance, limiting it more to Siemens related products and industries.
Well run work environment, with ample support from co-workers and management
Service Account Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MENovember 2, 2016
My typical day at Siemen's was reviewing and responding to emails, reviewing work orders, and billing when necessary. I ran several reports to review the financial performance of service contracts. I made several phone calls to customers to check in, similarly making site visits in person. My co-workers were all very supportive of one another, and management was always available and eager to offer any needed support.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all our different customers, and being able to support them.
Pros
ample support
Very laid back environment
Sorter, Data Entry, Order Entry (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 29, 2016
A typical day includes being in front of your computer all day except during your lunch time or if you decide to take a break. I've learned a lot about the system SAP and the different parts we actually provide our customers. The management is OK, I feel they could be more active with us as far as asking how we are doing and so fourth. my coworkers are very laid back. The hardest part of the job is learning the the order entry process, there is so many different ways of doing things and there is certain things you have to pay attention to. Its very easy to make a mistake so you have to be very careful. The most enjoyable part is when we all do activities together.
Syarcuse electrical generation division
Field Service Technician/ Engine Electrical (Former Employee) –  Syarcuse NYNovember 5, 2016
I worked up ther for a month in the electrical division syarcuse ny office. Im a field service gen/engine tech. Was promised a vehicle with gas card before I started. That never happened. I was doing service work from my own vehicle. I also could have hired a secretary on my behalf. Way to much paper work. 12 Pages of paper work for a pm. Crazy. There system is awfull. Benifits are good but u paying for. Money was not worth the hassle. Great supiv. Loved him was not his fault. Also to much back stabbing going on. I quit and moved on. Think about going to work in the generation division for this company. Thank you.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Paperwork money. Overtime and Travel Time Paid Back
Always try to put safety first, 2 cafeterias for employees, individual break rooms for each area and lockers.
Assembly Specialist A Operator Final Assembly GT (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2016
Current area involves putting together thousands of large turbine parts into one completed turbine engine. Daily intense challenges that are new each day in resolving issues during the build process. Requires close team work with engineers and management from various levels and departments while staying on the scheduled completed build time for the client.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits, insurance, 401K, 3 weeks vacation first year, educational reemburstment.
Cons
Dealing with many types of management, some may be difficult causing issues in the schedule set for your completed build time.
Excellent experience working with Siemens.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 18, 2016
I'm very pleased with my experience with Siemens.
The managers I worked with were incredibly helpful when I needed anything. The project working with the power grid is extremely complex. One of the biggest projects I've worked on, with international customers who run the wires and systems that deliver power to the world.
Pros
Flexible with work life balance.
Cons
Long commute (my choice). Still, it was a lot of driving.
Logistics, customer service
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 12, 2016
-Coordinating the logistics of Ultrasound Equipment for domestic and exports.
-Coordinating the Pickup of the equipment.
-Preparation of export documents
Learn to maintain open communication with vendors and peers in different locations.

Management with different approaching and attitudes.

Diversity of co-workers,

The hardest part of the job was depending from vendors to have a final shipment.

The enjoyable part of the job when customer had the final product deliver.
Pros
Very good company to work
Cons
Laid off to much
Excellent team works together toward common goals
Onsite Functional Manager/Hiring Manager (Current Employee) –  Vance, ALSeptember 28, 2016
I have learned how to manage a group of 35+ employees. The hardest part of my job is putting folks on Performance improvement Plans and having to let them go when the objectives are not met.
The most enjoyable part of my job is training. I love watching folks learn and having that "aha" moment when they really get what I am trying to teach.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unrealistic demands from the customer
* Great brand and technology, but challenge with openness, communication and delivering it to market
Field service engineer HVDC and FACTS systems (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 20, 2016
* Great people, but often challenged by other requirements in working and communicating collaboratively
* Good marketing, but often challenged to get the synthesis correct and sales force enabled with proper messages
* Good compensation
* Good training, but challenged by too much, which adds to work-life balance issues
Pros
good compensation
Cons
lost man in the ocean
Product Evangelist (Former Employee) –  西安市September 29, 2016
My duty is
• Led exceptional customer service and answer questions in a quick manner
• Let the customers know the function and capabilities of the product
Actually it was a really experience for me, because at the beginning, the company was asking for some males to support their work, not females. I was attracted by the job distribution, so I was going to try. During the interview, I got the job by my academic skills.
Poor Leadership and Substandard Mentoring
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Limited interaction with direct supervisor; 4-5 classroom training sessions provide good background to job, but thereafter it is entirely upon the employee to learn every aspect of the job. Expect little to no help from your direct manager and no regular feedback on performance. Approaching the 1 year mark, supervisors will threaten employees with job and place them on probation if not up to par. Be wary of Siemens Building Technology. I have heard similar stories from other employees at branches throughout the U.S.
Pros
Fair medical benefits and fair vacation time
Cons
No career development or mentoring, employees are left to fend for themselves
Siemens was a wonderful place to work with plenty of room for advancement
Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 30, 2016
My typical day at work involved taking incoming calls from both customers and field service engineers. Making sure that I gathered all pertinent information from the customer and entered it into the computer. Contacted the local field service engineer to customer site to repair equipment. Management as well as my co-workers were always professional and friendly.
Pros
The benefits and room for advancement
Cons
Sometimes deal with unruly customers and field service engineers
great place to work, great people
Lead Designer (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MASeptember 7, 2016
each day did offer a challenge, each person was allowed to take on as much work load as they could handle. always had an open mind no matter what the issues or questions entailed. they worked with you always had on going persute for exelance. with the company and its personal.
Pros
always given a challenge to excell
Cons
often under pressure to complete work faster after it sat on someones desk too long
This was a fun place to work.
Lead Technician / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 24, 2016
I learned a lot about the mesh wireless networks that were being tested out in major cities. Learned to work with the local government to provide support for the general public. Learned how to manage my support team as a lead technician.
Pros
Learning new technologies and methodoligies
Cons
Dealing with public and local government
Micro managed, inexperienced FLS management,
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2016
Too bureaucratic. Too many fat cat middle managers. CEO seemed to have lost vision. Ceo was a VP at earlier company, saw an opportunity to ride the wave back up and make money for himself coz the earlier ceo bill utt screwed up and took the stock down. Unluckily for the new ceo the market conditions degraded and could never ride up.
very productive, relax environment, lean driven culture
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2016
A typical day would begin with cost analysis for production orders ensuring repair philosophy verses replacement philosophy was being followed. Also would review failure analysis history for trending and process improvements. The main focus at Dade Behring was employee involvement in continuous improvement initiatives.
Pros
flexible work schedule, good health benefits, good 401K program, good tuition reimbursement program
Cons
company sold to Siemens
Decent Benefits, Management issues and Politics
Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 10, 2016
Management of Product & System Business team was very bad, playing politics to get rid of people who aren't in their clique.

HR policy not applied consistently with some people given preference whilst others are given the boot! Same reason why some people are given knowledge upgrade whilst others aren't.

Good benefits which are getting eroded as time passes.

Job security is at risk as high rate of outsourcing.
Benefits
Cons
Some groups have bad management, Inconsistent HR policy, No knowledge upgrade, Outsourcing.
You can tell Siemens is German owned
Electro-Mechanical Assembler Technician Level (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAOctober 30, 2016
12-hours a day, seven days a week, made bank !!
I really enjoyed the work. Moving 50, 60 ton transformers around and turning a metal shell into one beautiful piece of machinery.
Unfortunately 2008 was a horrible year for all !!
Pros
We had anything we needed
Cons
Not sincere with skilled workers