Siemens AG Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,334 reviews matching the search
Best company I worked for during my career
IT & Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FL 32746July 20, 2016
Managed small business software development team for factory systems. Initiated bar code scanning for tracking product from birth to grave. Responsible for multi-million dollar software system/processes.

IT department was out-sourced in 2001 and entire department was displaced. Director of manufacturing asked that I remain and support SAP procedures. I was given the manager position for the customer service department as well.
Productivity Involves many moving parts working together to achieve one objective
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 8, 2016
A typical workday involves assessing my list of open tasks and prioritizing my work for the day. Understanding the fast pace of the typical production environment I have to maintain a certain level of flexibility in order to ensure that I can meet my internal and external customer demands without losing sight of my own priorities.
Pros
Workings for a large reputable organization offers the latest training and development
Cons
People are often looking for their next big opportunity to advance.
Excellent employee rapport with a drive to instill excellence in employees, opportunity to advance and in house training.
Process Engineering Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2016
It was a pleasure to have worked for Siemens and I would gladly return if the opportunity presented itself. I gained knowledge while employed there that lifted my skills to a higher level in many ways. Was provided the latitude to grow as a team member and improve my personal skills as well as my work skills. My fellow employees and superiors were always there supporting me.
Pros
Great employee benefits, travel, education, ability for promotions. Great team relationship.
Cons
Cannot think of a single one.
Great managers and co-workers
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJune 17, 2016
Starting work you would need to change into your protective clothing, get your mask from the Health and Safety technicians. Report to my station and depending on what job I was assigned to that day, I would first prep my work station. It was very interesting learning how to make nuclear fuel pellets, the hardest part of the job were the rotating shifts between days, swing, and graves weekly.
Cons
Rotating shifts
Good company - stupid managers
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2016
It is a good company with very stupid managers. They preach a lot about diversity and inclusion. If you are from Timbuktu you will be hired but forget about possibilities for promotions. I think that the company likes to hire people from all over the world just to be good in the books but I have been there over six years and have seen that only males from India are considered for promotions, I mean there are intelligent people in Timbuktu too!.
Work is slow, so it is pretty darn boring most of the time. Not challenging.

It is OK to work there if you do not care about having a career and are content with being always doing a boring job seen that only Indian guys become managers in a blink.
Pros
Benefits, vacation
Cons
Poor management, buddy buddy system.
14 years
DCS/Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 2, 2016
Thought it was a good company but after 14 years of travel being on call and being loyal to the company was called up and told to meet my Supervisor at the airport for termination / layoff . The way they conducted this was over the top and Siemens took away 72 hours Comp time I had purchased for overtime pay and 150 hours of Vacation they took away
Cons
took 223 hours of pay when let go and denied any severance pay after the long tenure
Great company
Desk side Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 12, 2016
When Citizens Bank outsourced our jobs to Siemens, I was worried about it. But it was an excellent company to work for. They kept our time as if we never left Citizens Bank. I still stayed at Citizens Bank until December 31, 2011 when the contract ended with the bank. No micromanagement, they left us to do our jobs knowing we would get the job done.
Pros
Everything was great working for Siemens
Cons
No cons
Challenging/Rewarding work environment
Intern/Coop (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 10, 2016
Worked for Siemens MI (not AG) as an intern for a year. Wage was good as intern and FTEs made even more. First experience in a corporate environment which took some getting used to, but I believe it is more relaxed that most. Tasks very depending on stage in product life cycle. Expected to work on several tasks simultaneously. Management is mainly interested in producing deliverables and meeting deadlines.
Good experience for me
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Marion, KYApril 22, 2016
Although this was a factory setting, I have learned so much about . Tolerance, acceptance, and learning to let go of negativity. The people I worked with were, for the most part, Christians who just wanted to make a difference for their families.

The most enjoyable part of the job, knowing that what I was doing was going to be used to keep people safe.

I had several different managers during my 6 years with the company and each one was fair and easy to communicate with.

The hardest part of the job, for me, was that I was unable to use any of my education or computer skills.
Pros
Awesome insurance, work hours, and super bosses
Cons
The breaks were to short, seems like by the time you got to the coffee room, break was over.
Very productive..Working with different truckers everyday
Carbon Kiln Operator (Former Employee) –  Darlington, PAApril 23, 2016
Typical day at work was, me taking the floor over at quarter to the hour making sure that the machines where running properly,floors where swept and the carbon was not too hot. Management was understanding with an Open door policy. Co workers where easy people..Hardest part of the job was unplugging a screw, you never knew where it was truly plugged unless you cleaned out the whole shaft
Great Place to work
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 27, 2016
Process Billing,
Process vouchers.
I learned the functions of Accounts payable, Receivable, General ledger, Sales and Use Tax. Management was very good. I had good co-workers and we worked in team. the hades par of the job was late hours during the month and year close. Most enjoyable part was exercise room on the campus
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours during the close
Great co-workers and relaxed environment
Electrical Engineering Co-op (2nd Work-Term) (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 2, 2016
Siemens is a very relaxed environment with great co-workers that are fun and easy to get along with. We get together to eat, play basketball, along with other things after work. The division that I worked for (hp) was an office job. We created and revised Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) schematics, BOM's, and many other calculations and documents. I have learned a great deal from Siemens about working in a professional office environment, along with computer tools (autoCAD, Microstation, Visio, etc.) and office file documentation. I really enjoy everyone that I work with and the responsibility. However, I am a very hands on person. I would have liked to have been able to go in the field and see the GIS equipment. I would also have liked more responsibility; I like to be challenged.
Nice Company
Spindle Builder (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 12, 2016
Wonderful company with opportunity but supervisor in certain department so favoritism in the GT building. Typical day would be building Gas Turbine or doing repairs on compressor and Turbine discs. While learning to tension and detension different style of rotors working with management. My co-workers were good workers that try to put out quality work daily. The most difficult part was shifts getting along and setting each other up for success.The most enjoying part of this job is learning to build different gas turbine.
work atmosphere was casual
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 5, 2016
A vibrant and stable company with a lot of opportunities intra-company. Siemens is a multinational company which allows employees to move all over the world and able to transfer. Siemens is diverse and this is a company that gives you room to learn a lot. I've had the most wonderful experience with my two bosses and they helped me a lot with improvement with my skills.
Pros
There are so many opportunities with moving from one siemens company to another
Cons
There were so many changes in the organizational structure that it was hard to keep up.
Strong Established Corporation
AP/AR Project Accounting (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 5, 2016
Camstar Systems Inc. was acquired by Siemens and the two are in transition. Siemens positions did not map to Camstar positions and responsibilities are being slowing absorbed by the corporate entity away from the local entity.
Pros
Strong financial position in the industry.
Cons
Long term employer was acquired employees lost stability
Fast paced environment, professional, hectic
Administrative Functional Support (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2016
Work on Engineering manuals, back log for maintenance to thermoelectrical companies worldwide. Work with parts structures for turbines, data entry. Learned a lot of engineering structures (turbines) and procedures. Very well structured and organized company.
Pros
Good fringe benefits package, several working shifts, family oriented organization
Busy
Service Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Vega, TXMarch 30, 2016
Working at Siemens Wind SEI is a busy life style. Job has many complex areas in the operations side of the business. Daily life at Siemens operations scheduling daily operations for crews, EHS needs, parts ordering/ inventory management, budget projections, customer needs, and taking care of crews daily time for payroll/ technical needs.
Pros
Feeling of accomplishment on a successful site.
Cons
Little time for personal Life
Ready to burn both ends of your candle
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAMarch 25, 2016
Then go work for Siemens Implementation team. They will work you until you don't even go home on weekends. The HR team is great and will make everything appear as a place to grow your career but once you get pigeon-holed as a road warrior, you won't recover from that life. They are happy to keep road warriors working....so if you like traveling, no work-life balance - then sign up at Siemens...now Cerner
Administration
Healthcare Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 27, 2016
Performed various secretarial, Took care of staff office space, weekly schedules, travel reports, phone, parking, credit cards, and office keys, Created spreadsheets and presentation for corporate executives, Filed and recorded corporate documentation, electronic files, inventories and reports.
Very comfortable atmosphere,
Business Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Project SpecialistMarch 23, 2016
Siemens is very flexible for the employee's, The work environment was an open forum, and was able to have coffee while computer was booting up, I would address co-workers with any questions that i needed pertaining to my duties of the day or week,

I learned different aspects of Export & Customs processes.

Most Management styles are very accommodating to the employee's needs.

Co-Workers enjoyed collaborating about new information pertaining to their job.

The hardest part of my job was knowing where all the different websites where for documentation.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being the event coordinator where i planned, scheduled and executed dinners and shows for a group of 25-30 employee's twice a year.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Management styles