Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Found 1,408 reviews matching the search
Always try to put safety first, 2 cafeterias for employees, individual break rooms for each area and lockers.
Assembly Specialist A Operator Final Assembly GT (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2016
Current area involves putting together thousands of large turbine parts into one completed turbine engine. Daily intense challenges that are new each day in resolving issues during the build process. Requires close team work with engineers and management from various levels and departments while staying on the scheduled completed build time for the client.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits, insurance, 401K, 3 weeks vacation first year, educational reemburstment.
Cons
Dealing with many types of management, some may be difficult causing issues in the schedule set for your completed build time.
Poor Leadership and Substandard Mentoring
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Limited interaction with direct supervisor; 4-5 classroom training sessions provide good background to job, but thereafter it is entirely upon the employee to learn every aspect of the job. Expect little to no help from your direct manager and no regular feedback on performance. Approaching the 1 year mark, supervisors will threaten employees with job and place them on probation if not up to par. Be wary of Siemens Building Technology. I have heard similar stories from other employees at branches throughout the U.S.
Pros
Fair medical benefits and fair vacation time
Cons
No career development or mentoring, employees are left to fend for themselves
* Great brand and technology, but challenge with openness, communication and delivering it to market
Field service engineer HVDC and FACTS systems (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 20, 2016
* Great people, but often challenged by other requirements in working and communicating collaboratively
* Good marketing, but often challenged to get the synthesis correct and sales force enabled with proper messages
* Good compensation
* Good training, but challenged by too much, which adds to work-life balance issues
Pros
good compensation
Cons
lost man in the ocean
Good company - stupid managers
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2016
It is a good company with very stupid managers. They preach a lot about diversity and inclusion. If you are from Timbuktu you will be hired but forget about possibilities for promotions. I think that the company likes to hire people from all over the world just to be good in the books but I have been there over six years and have seen that only males from India are considered for promotions, I mean there are intelligent people in Timbuktu too!.
Work is slow, so it is pretty darn boring most of the time. Not challenging.

It is OK to work there if you do not care about having a career and are content with being always doing a boring job seen that only Indian guys become managers in a blink.
Pros
Benefits, vacation
Cons
Poor management, buddy buddy system.
Syarcuse electrical generation division
Field Service Technician/ Engine Electrical (Former Employee) –  Syarcuse NYNovember 5, 2016
I worked up ther for a month in the electrical division syarcuse ny office. Im a field service gen/engine tech. Was promised a vehicle with gas card before I started. That never happened. I was doing service work from my own vehicle. I also could have hired a secretary on my behalf. Way to much paper work. 12 Pages of paper work for a pm. Crazy. There system is awfull. Benifits are good but u paying for. Money was not worth the hassle. Great supiv. Loved him was not his fault. Also to much back stabbing going on. I quit and moved on. Think about going to work in the generation division for this company. Thank you.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Paperwork money. Overtime and Travel Time Paid Back
Siemens was a wonderful place to work with plenty of room for advancement
Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 30, 2016
My typical day at work involved taking incoming calls from both customers and field service engineers. Making sure that I gathered all pertinent information from the customer and entered it into the computer. Contacted the local field service engineer to customer site to repair equipment. Management as well as my co-workers were always professional and friendly.
Pros
The benefits and room for advancement
Cons
Sometimes deal with unruly customers and field service engineers
Decent Benefits, Management issues and Politics
Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 10, 2016
Management of Product & System Business team was very bad, playing politics to get rid of people who aren't in their clique.

HR policy not applied consistently with some people given preference whilst others are given the boot! Same reason why some people are given knowledge upgrade whilst others aren't.

Good benefits which are getting eroded as time passes.

Job security is at risk as high rate of outsourcing.
Benefits
Cons
Some groups have bad management, Inconsistent HR policy, No knowledge upgrade, Outsourcing.
Siemens Nashville, TN - Worst Job Ever!
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 31, 2016
Over 30 years in the construction industry and how this large German owned firm has not been investigated is beyond understanding.

The Siemens USA team wants you to pre-turn in employees timecards to puff monthly P&L's.

Then if those employees did or did not work the estimated hours they are out of luck getting the money that is due to them.

Nashville managers are not there because they are AREA managers that travel 70% of the time to other states that they manage or lack of manage.

The only thing positive is the employees. Siemens has a ton of very valuable employees that are very intelligent and dedicated.

If you are into processes to use the restroom then apply with Siemens.

If you want to be micromanaged but processes apply with Siemens.

I was being paid over 100K base pay and I would not recommend this company to anyone that wants to have a career.

Local Management in Nashville, TN is a joke. The turnover is beyond crazy.

You have to pay almost $200 a month to use a company car.
Pros
Fellow employees.
Cons
Micromanage processes, benifits, $200 to use a comany car, management, false P&L records
Overall a great place to be
SR.QUALITY ENGINEER/QUALITY MANAGER IN PROJECTS (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 12, 2016
I went to Siemens as a contractor and was offered the chance to work full time for them. It was the best decision I made. The pay was awesome! The benefits were great! Especially wonderful were summer hours and telecommuting. Couldn't ask for anything better.

Negatives - I had a new boss every year. Reviews were harder and harder every year with near impossible goals.
Pros
Great pay, schedule, and benefits
Cons
Constantly new culture intiatives
Very poor morale
Fire Alarm Design Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 3, 2016
Some new hires are left to figure out the operations for themselves. Management not involved enough in day to day business. Morale is at an all time low. Most of the people are friendly and easy to get along with. Certain departments are quite overworked with little concern by upper management to offer future assistance.
Pros
M-F 7-4, Average Benefits, Average Pay
Cons
Morale, training
Excellent employee rapport with a drive to instill excellence in employees, opportunity to advance and in house training.
Process Engineering Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2016
It was a pleasure to have worked for Siemens and I would gladly return if the opportunity presented itself. I gained knowledge while employed there that lifted my skills to a higher level in many ways. Was provided the latitude to grow as a team member and improve my personal skills as well as my work skills. My fellow employees and superiors were always there supporting me.
Pros
Great employee benefits, travel, education, ability for promotions. Great team relationship.
Cons
Cannot think of a single one.
very productive, relax environment, lean driven culture
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2016
A typical day would begin with cost analysis for production orders ensuring repair philosophy verses replacement philosophy was being followed. Also would review failure analysis history for trending and process improvements. The main focus at Dade Behring was employee involvement in continuous improvement initiatives.
Pros
flexible work schedule, good health benefits, good 401K program, good tuition reimbursement program
Cons
company sold to Siemens
good people to work with
AMTRAK RAIL GEARBOX ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHOctober 5, 2016
Good people, company struggling with foreign competition , economic down turn. A lot of change in personal, constant need for improvement in design concepts. Hardest part of the job was the constant changes in assembly procedures.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
Employment based on oil industry, up or down
Very happy!
Strategic Market Analyst Trainee (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 27, 2016
I was an intern at the company during a summer. Overall it was a great experience, the staff was friendly, the pay and international benefits were great.
Pros
Pay, benefits, culture
Cons
Location was boring; lack of assistance in finding housing
Supportive management, good work/life balance
Global Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 13, 2016
- Good company culture,
- support mothers needs
- helps to improve your career
- appreciate hard work
- too much responsibility for one person
- love working for Siemens
Cons
higher compensation
33 years says it all Stable company with good benefits
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 28, 2016
If I hadn't been laid off due to the heathcare market changes I would still be there but I'm enjoying retirement
I miss the company car most
Pros
challenging, flexible, well managed, excellent benefits
Cons
with flexibilty comes unpredictability you may have some late nights
Great learning environment
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2016
Good pay good benefits advancement opportunities"

"Good benefits great place to work"

work is of prior importance even under drastic weather and health conditions

Con:

Hard at timings and giving vacations
good company
Motor Control final inspector (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2016
its very nice to work in this company it has a very nice management and they pay good and it has a very good benefits.they also giving a seminar for some employees every year.
Good Place to work for with great co workers.
Sr. Service Coordinator/Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pelham, ALNovember 9, 2016
Here at Siemens I have many roles. They give their employees the chance to advance which is great. Compensation and benefits are amazing. My co workers make my job easier.
Great company
CT Product sales manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 20, 2016
I worked with Siemens for 11 years I only left due to personal reasons
I would gladly go back to work with them
Benefits were excellent pay was good. People I worked with was great
Pros
Benefits hours
Cons
Travel was a little excessive at times