Siemens Building Technologies

Siemens Building Technologies Employee Reviews

The ability to move up in the Company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 14, 2014
I was hired in the Miami Florida office to help start a Fire Alarm and Security group on the core side of the business. At the time we were Landis and Gyr and were later purchased by Siemens.
I started as an Engineering Specialist in 1993 and advanced to Project Engineer within a year. The group was very successful with over 4.7 million dollars in sales in the 1st year with 35-42 percent margin. We hired an excellent team who truly loved their job as I did, our team was very talented and industry savey. The team grew to 15 by 1996.
In 1996 I was asked to transfer to the Orlando office and start a Fire and Security group. I was promoted to Project Manager and was in charge of the Fire and Security team for Orlando. We promoted from within and hired industry technicians with the skills to do the systems we installed and maintained. As in Miami the group grew to become a very successful entity in the Winter Park office with 3 installers 5 techs and an Engineering Specialist who reported directly to me. Annual sales of over 9 million a year until Siemens bought the company in 2002.
I was promoted to Regional Sales Applications Engineer in 2002 in charge of the Southeastern United States. My job was review and approve any Fire or Security job prior to bidding or award with a value of $2,000,000.00 dollars or more. Traveled extensively on a weekly basis, including trips to home office as a member of the National Fire and Security team. The extensive travel was the hardest part of my job.
Pros
advancement through the ranks with excellent compensation and benifits.
Cons
siemens inability to service their customers and poor customer satisfaction.
Very good environment to work in with great people.
Specialist Systems I (Former Employee) –  Cypress, caJuly 23, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Siemens and was really happy with the training and time put into each individual. I learned that in this industry, you must learn as much as you can while having the tools/trainer in front of you. At any given moment, things will change and you may be left out on your own. My co-workers were all great especially when needing an extra hand. The hardest part of the job for me was writing of code. Unfortunately I had very minimal experience programming and received very little training. The most enjoyable part of the job was being at a different place almost everyday learning something new.
Pros
training, benefits, vehicle
Cons
too much paperwork just to do 1 timecard, department stretched thin.
Beautiful building, nice people with a great cafeteria
Sr. Administrative Assistant, HVP Component Sales (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 4, 2014
I liked working at this company, but I think I was hired to "assist" another assistant during an unusually busy time. For the year I was there, I felt that most of the time I was assigned "busy work". Although I tried to produce quality work, the tasks I was assigned were not very challenging. The people were friendly enough, but the departments were very independent of each other and the campus (3 buildings) was so big, that it was difficult to form any friendships. I stayed in my cubicle and did what I was supposed to do and didn't get much of a chance to "experience" the rest of the company.
Pros
great cafeteria on site
Cons
too large a campus and not very challenging
Happy when day is over.
Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2014
All in all, Siemens is a great company to work for that provides great product in all sectors. The company has a great culture that usually creates incentive and motivation to improve and work towards goals. Unfortunately, the Building Technologies sector is poorly managed and the workforce is completely micromanaged resulting in disgruntled employees. The frontline is overworked while management continues to understaff. Another undesirable aspect is there is no incentive to work hard because if you complete all targets you may be lucky to get a 1 to 3% raise. This doesn't even keep up with inflation so really you work hard to maintain your annual salary.
Pros
siemens is a great company!!
Cons
poorly managed
everything depends on who your manager is
Jr. Project Manager/ Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJune 5, 2014
A typical day is doing your job which you can come to enjoy. You learn a lot about SAP, shared services, and crm
if you are blessed to get a good manager, which means one that supports you and has your back then you will be able to achieve much within the company
but what one manager allows another may not system is not very fair
job not hard at all
the best part of the job are offsite trainings
A VERY WONDERFUL AND RELIABLE AND REPUTABLE ORGANISATION TO WORK WITH.
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Australia Island, LASeptember 5, 2015
HAVING HEARD FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY. SIEMENS BUILDING TECHNOLOGIES COMPANY THAT IS A VERY REPUTABLE ORGANIZATION.I WISH TO WORK WITH THIS COMPANY IN OTHER TO BE ABLE TO IMPACT MY OWN PERSONAL SKILL FOR THE PROGRESS OF THE COMPANY. I ALSO THOUGHT THAT MOST OF THE SIEMENS TECHNOLOGIES THAT ARE RAMPANT IN SOME COUNTRIES ARE NOT AGAIN BUT WITH MY LITTLE SHARING OF EXPERIENCE, I BELIEVE SIEMENS SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
Pros
FREE BREAK
Cons
FREE MEDICAL SHOULD BE APPLY BY THE COMPANY
Look Elsewhere
Engineering (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 15, 2015
Work culture is horrible. Employees are rude, obnoxious, and cold. Management is awful. Don't know how to do something, oh well, don't ask for help or you'll be ridiculed. Don't expect to be trained on anything, you should've known everything before you even started. If you like a chaotic work environment that lacks planning this is your place. There are better places to work, go somewhere else.
Cons
A transparent and driven to excellence.
Vice President, Supply Chain Management (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILDecember 2, 2015
A driven goals and objectives driven environment. A fair and equitable organization. Very solid managemnt teams.
Red tape and politics was at an extreme low for a companythis size.

Management was supportive and provided the tools for a well run operation.

Great opportunities fro cross polination with other divisions.

It was a team environment and enjoyed working with collegues.
Pros
Always room for advancement.
Ver good company
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Florampark n.j u.s.aNovember 16, 2014
I worked for 21 yrs .for Siemens bldg technology in florampark n.j as machine operator nice company good staff and I am still ready to work ..company move to buffalo grove and give laid off but I love to work. I work after so many company like Tiffany, Impect,fisher scientific but not like Siemens..I have exp of insertion true hole machine and smt. Machine.. If any budy have any opening please send me email
Good Company
Service Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJuly 13, 2015
Siemens was a pretty good job, the work is technical and theres always something new each day. The driving aspect of it was rather difficult though. I learned to service HVAC equipment at their school in Chicago. The co-workers were friendly and the place had a nice atmosphere.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, friendly people
Cons
Road Warrior (Driving everywhere)
Excellent company to work for.
Training Coordinator Administrator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 29, 2014
The company has an amazing culture. Management is fair and balanced and adheres to strict guidelines set up by excellent I/O psychologists.

The tasks were challenging and rewarding. The people, customers, co-workers were all very driven and professional and friendly.
Pros
everything
Cons
caught in a rif
It was a good company to work for.
Manager Accounts Receivable Credit/Collections (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILSeptember 4, 2015
I learned SAP while a Siemens. I enjoyed my work at Siemens. Great diverse group of people I worked with.
The company was very focused on career development and personal growth.
Pros
Very structured company
Cons
The commute got to be too much.
Look elsewhere
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 24, 2015
You have no life but work. Management is horrible. No training. No one will help. Employees have bad attitudes. The mentality is they can do whatever they want cause they wont get fired. They lie about how much you will make.
Pros
The name helps you get in the door
Cons
Managment is horrible, No support
na
Project Coordinator Dallas Fire/Security Team (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 20, 2015
I like working for Siemens. I live far away so the drive is what makes me want to leave. Otherwise, I would stay. People are nice and helpful as long as you know who to ask.
No advancement opportunities
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHMay 11, 2015
I managed 11 Purchasing Agents, most remote in the daily transaction for 42 Siemens branch locations.

I enjoy the job because of the people I worked with. My staff was excellent in their daily duties and were experts in their field.
Pros
Staff, location, salary.
Cons
No opportunities for advancement
Innovate once a year
R&D Manager / Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 16, 2014
Big slow moving company, which is good for job stability and regular bonus schedule.

Not fast paced or bleeding edge development. They hold an innovation day once a yer, and it feels that way.
Great Buisiness to be part of, Strong Company
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beltsville MDAugust 19, 2015
You will be required to work long days. As an engineer you will have many roles. You will be directly working with customers and installers to ensure proper installation and quality of work. Overall you need to be very hard working.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours. Management
Productive, Friendly place to work
Manager Project National Ops (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Decent place to work. Good management. Workload is somewhat of a roller coaster. Not many opportunities to advance in my division. Constant restructuring. People are great to work with.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
no opportunities to grow
Great Company
Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 23, 2015
I have been working for this company for last half years, Siemens is great company to work, also they offer good benefits, good money and great management people.
They provide Great training, which helps to technicians to perform great job in field.
NA
Permanent Employee (Current Employee) –  Florham park, NJSeptember 30, 2015
In my experience Siemens is an innovative company but the service department lacks professionalism, strategy, fairness, there is too much office politics and promotions are based on friendships rather than merit.