Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics

Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Big Business equals Big Politics
Laboratory/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Glasgow, DEJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Flexibility with scheduling, independent work enviroments, yearly holiday bonuses
Cons: cliques, limited opportunity for advancement
High stress work enviroment, limited work opportunities for advancement. All about metrics and maintaining superiority rather than the equal opportunity. Big company with a few toys but not supportive in personal development. Too many double standards not enough real examples. Workers were favored not ranked by their work ability and time accrued.

Day consisted of gathering my itinerary for the day
Supplies, building materials and tanks
Following procedures to build liquid product
Filtration and storage of product
Checking and finalization of paperwork for cost and procedures

Co workers were great
Management unsupportive of personal development
Low morale in the work place
High impact stress (mentally)
Low impact stress labor (physically)
My Summary of Siemens Healthcare DX
Point of Care Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Great products
Cons: Paperwork
A typical day at work for me is follow-up with customers and to gain market share of territory to excel beyond quota. What you learned in the Healthcare market is that our world changes daily.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in patient outcomes in the Hospital setting.
Company was in a state of flux when I was hired
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Flanders, NJJune 18, 2015
When I was hired the company was recently formed by purchasing 3 independent companies and integrating them together. Lots of policy changes without regard to customer relationships causing loss of revenue which led to 90 jobs being cut across the nation.
Chemical Technician III
Chemical Technician III (Current Employee), Newark, DEJune 18, 2015
Provide daily technical support to Manufacturing Operations and Production
by performing scientific experiments, troubleshooting, data analysis, documenting, and communicating results. Proficient in daily operation and troubleshooting of various clinical analyzers, including Dimension Vista, and Dimension ExL/RxL. Experience as a tester for Validation documentation
Large company with Pros and Cons
Point Of Care Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great company with perks and benefits
Cons: Diagnostics division is poorly ran
This business unit within Siemens was developed when Siemens purchased three diagnostics companies. They have never been able to make this division profitable since it's inception in 2006. Constant change in executives along with product issues have cause them to continually lose customers.
Siemens was a great place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Newark, DEApril 25, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: none
Helpful coworkers and management I worked as contractor there for 18 months. Worked as an admin assisting technical workers
Good entry level position
Lab Technician II (Current Employee), Walpole, MAApril 19, 2015
Cons: Lack of growth and opportunities to display leadership
Siemens is a good company. The current lab I am working has exposed me to the manufacturing, testing, as well as trouble shooting of immuno assays. I have learned about immuno assays and diagnostic testing. My responsibilities vary from single person to team oriented tasks. I am responsible for the manufacturing and testing of products that are sold to customers around the world. Time management is a very integral part of the day. It can be difficult to schedule a day since priorities shift based on the need of customers. It keeps the day busy.

The management style in my group reflects a micromanaging style. It can be frustrating and counter productive. Overall the job is a great entry level position.
The company is having challenges integrating the three business units that were purchased to create DX
Vice President, Strategic Sourcing (Former Employee), Walpole, MAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good business to help humankind-a good reason to get up and go to work
Cons: Lack of BU interation causes confusion, competing products in the market place
Team work is lacking. Everyone holds on to their responsibilities like they are gold. Little drive to improve operations or make the organization more efficient. Too many CEO's for a $4b company (5), also with redundant staffs, HR, marketing, procurement, strategy, engineering.

Change is impossible in this environment.
Productive place .
ECO Coordinator (Former Employee), Walpole, MAApril 9, 2015
A Typical day at work was always very busy. Everyday was a busy day.
I was always learning something new every day and worked with some very nice people.
Good Company
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose RegionMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Good Team work
Cons: Not good salary as per state you live in no cost of living adjustment
Nice and very enthusiastic team of people with positive attitude to work around the clock to help team to achieve goals and fulfill company goals as whole good work environment with positive attitude with peers
Communication is the key....
Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: staying on top of the new technology
Cons: working on call
Top of the line technology. We are dispatched everyday for service calls. It can be from replacing a printer to aligning probes. You interact with coworker everyday.
Productive and a fun place to work at.
Laboratory Technician III, R&D Methods Integration (Former Employee), 62 Flander-Bartley rd. Flanders, NJ 07836February 27, 2015
Many really good connections there, family feel, team players.
Many different clubs and causes to join.
Family orientated.
Decent compensation.
They throw awesome parties.
Siemens Healthcare
Scientist 1 (Former Employee), tarrytown,nyFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: poor man agent
poor management and no work life balance, not a good job cultutee, not a good compensations and benefits, difficult old-fashioned and geriatric, no potential growth
A great company to grow as a professional.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Puerto RicoFebruary 16, 2015
This a company with great technology and a diversity of products, market driven. It have an excellent human resources, but too dynamic...always is changing.
people were polite
EM Assembler2 (Former Employee), Brookfield, CTFebruary 2, 2015
Clean and quiet place to work. People were treated politly. The prospects for advancement were practicaly non existant and pay increases were far below the rate our expenses increased.
Great Company
Sr. Education Specialist (Current Employee), Newark, DeDecember 3, 2014
I enjoy working here. The management in my department is all about advancement and that is why I am now positioned to continue my career.
Would recommend this company to anyone
production worker
Production Worker (Current Employee), Glasgow ,DeDecember 2, 2014
I am a contracted temp for 2 years now and this company uses you and then lets you go wen they feel its necessary .Its all about who you know not what you can do and if you dont family here dont even bother and the management is as bad as the workers believeing anything they say . they favor first shift but second shift does 3x the work and they have to come in early and leave late to finish up jobs when first shift leaves 10 mins early every day because they have stuff to do .
Siemens Healthcare
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee), deerfield Il 60056November 19, 2014
Siemens is a great company. Its culture and compensation is outstanding.I worked there for ten years and loved it unfortunately; my position moved out of state.
Lots of great opportunities
Senior Technical Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Walpole, MANovember 6, 2014
Working at Siemens provided great opportunities to grow throughout the organization. Great people to work with, people are customer and patient focused and strive to ensure high quality in the products.
Great Coworkers
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TexasNovember 5, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: never any time at home
I spent many weeks at 60 and 70 hours. I traveled from Dallas to San Antonio and Houston to assist other Engineers with difficult system issues. I asked for help to cut back my hours but never got any assistance. I had to leave after two years due to poor work life balance.

1 2 3 4