Siemens Healthcare Employee Reviews

Its a nice place to work.
Regulatory Technical Specialist II- (RA-QT ) (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 15, 2017
Its a good place to work. RA/QA team doesn't work very efficiently though. Liked working there but people do not talk a lot to temp workers. Not a very friendly work culture.
lots of windshield time
Field Service Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 9, 2017
my typical day starts usually with a drive of several hours. usually to one of my distant sites. Overtime is usually involved due to the long travel time. I've learned that nobody is immune to being over worked.
Management is only concerned about the bottom dollar and not about the individual employee. The hardest part of my job is the average drive time. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking a totally down system and getting it up and running correctly.
Pros
all the over time you can stand.
Cons
not enough engineers
Good people, lousy management and culture
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJune 9, 2017
Good people, lousy management and culture.
Tho, people are becoming affected by the culture also. I am old-time and see that traditional values are not there or appreciated any more.
It's all about show off, meetings, getting noticed etc.
Ok pay, avg. benefits, pays the bills.
Decent place to work
Material Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 31, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere, but very minimal HR guidance. Training leaves a little to be desired. You mostly have to work through things and figure them out on your own to fully understand them.
Family Away From Home
Manufacturing Technician I (Current Employee) –  Walpole, MAMay 20, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Siemens. Manufacturing sensors is a job that requires repetition and consistency. Every the job has a set of procedures that must be carried exactly. Training is given and a must but the people and the environment make it all worth while. The management team are incredible and always keep great communication with all employees. The hardest part of the job is multitasking and keeping all your documents organized. The most enjoyable part is the environment and people.
Pros
incentives and events
Cons
Hours and shifts
Career development
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 16, 2017
Siemens Healthineers is the type of place in which you will grow as a n employee and learn from their diverse environment.
Management is always helping you with career advancement and opportunities.
Pros
Career advancement.
Cons
need more work from home opportunities for employees who commute from the city to the suburbs
Great environment with a good work/life balance.
SALES SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 9, 2017
My day consisted of taking calls from internal and external customers, processing orders, responding to emails, running and maintaining various electronic reports.
I enjoyed being cross trained in different departments; that experience gave me a great overview of how they all related to each other and more you know, the better.
Management was great but were too lax in allowing employees who were prone to do so socialize excessively. There should be no room for that in the workplace.
The culture was good....a lot of us worked together for so long it felt like family. This included management who were always approachable.
The hardest part of the job was when it was extremely busy, but that was also the most satisfying part. I hate to be bored at work and I like to congratulate myself on a job well done at the end of a very busy day.
The most enjoyable part was interacting with co-workers and customers...it was always good to hear "I'm so glad I got you!" when I answered the phone.
Pros
Free food is always good and that was provided quite frequently.
Cons
Siemens closing the Duluth site.
meeting nice people
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  somerset paMay 4, 2017
like to meet nice people and helping senior people out and making good food for them. and to see there smiling faces everyday. some of the staff was ok to work with
Not going anywhere
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYApril 18, 2017
They have a great package but killed the culture with their layoff which came out of left field. They walked out many skilled engineers in December. It's a shame, the ones that were walked out really loved the company and really cared.
Great Place of employment
Customer Service Representative, Domestic Division (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 11, 2017
I learned alot during my time of employment. The company had alot of room for advancement. The culture was great and the employees were happy to and the moral was always upbeat.
interesting job
Senior Physicist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 7, 2017
The topics of R&D need to find personally, if you know field, you can find tasks, the management doesn't know physical and technical tasks. The management is afraid any initiative and use formal relationships: you need to work under his direction, but question is knowledge and topics.
Pros
Interesting topics
Cons
Bad management, to need to have professional people
Good company to work for
Technician (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 5, 2017
Though management could use some adjustments, Siemens is a good company to work for. Benefits are fair and wages are decent.Vacation is good, and holidays are ok
Many opportunites to expand my horizons
Business Relation Manager/ Business Process Expert (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 27, 2017
Started as a temp in June 1999, when hired full time was elevated to Senior CSR. I have had 12 positions working may way through the Customer Service. I was put on temporary assignments for times along with my current position.
Pros
Learning various factors within the company
Cons
Never worked a 40 hour week
Good place to work with great people.
Lab Tech 4 (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, DEMarch 26, 2017
Enjoyed working there with the people I worked with. Learned many new helpful things. Management was very friendly and understanding. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and for.
Little to no work life balance
Senior Technical Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMarch 12, 2017
Managers empathize with the work life balance issue but their hands are also tied to deliver revenue. Target goals are set unrealistic and rise each year even though they were not met in previous years. Several coworkers admit a defeatist attitude due to unrealistic goals.
Hardest part of the job is having a life. The job itself is great and rewarding but allows little to no family life. Weekends are often spent doing administrative duties as we are expected to spend 95-100% of our time in front of customers, leaves little to no time for family.
Pros
benefits are decent
Cons
Long hours and constant long hours.
Good compensation but you work hard for it.
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJMarch 10, 2017
The pay and benefits are excellent and the people you work with on a daily basis are very nice. However, projects always seem to be behind schedule requiring extra week-end work to catch up. Very poor planning of the project schedule. The upper management is in shambles, they want to make changes to right the ship but are going about it the wrong way. More heads will roll soon enough!
Pros
Good compensation, nice people, nice facility
Cons
Little room for advancement, mandatory week-ends, moving more towards contractors
Challenging but good place to work
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 9, 2017
Company is huge and has it's ups and downs like any huge company. Layoffs are not uncommon but they do recognize hard work and promote from within. Corporate culture seemed good when I was there. Many people work remote if you live outside headquarters state. Lots of travel but pay is good.
Siemens
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 7, 2017
Loved working for Siemens! You were treated with respect and fairly. Enjoyed working with my team as everybody had each others back. Customers enjoyed having us visit them as we gave them a ton of information about our products and how to grow their business. Enjoyed golf, trips, dinners, sporting trips with customers until Siemens Medical took over my division and all changed but still a great company to work for.
Pros
Trips, golf, sporting events, great people and loved developing relationships with customers
Cons
Siemens med took over no more anything, hard to help customers grow their practices due to corporate restraints, to corporate now
Excellent pay and benefits
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 4, 2017
Enjoy the responsibility or working independently. Very fast paced with a good deal of responsibility. Learn to deal with a diverse customer base.
Large global company - multiple business segments
Sr Coordinator, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMarch 4, 2017
Enjoyed the Healthcare area I was in - ongoing interaction with the field employees (Sales, Service, Operations) that my HR Manager supported. Duties included onboarding & exiting & all the steps in between! I learned that to grow with a company, you had to take on new challenges, stretch in new responsibilities - not to be afraid of something because you hadn't done it before! The culture was one of customer service and employee support.
Pros
Global company, many opportunities for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Siemens Healthcare Reviews by Location