Siemens Healthcare Employee Reviews

Not going anywhere
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYApril 18, 2017
They have a great package but killed the culture with their layoff which came out of left field. They walked out many skilled engineers in December. It's a shame, the ones that were walked out really loved the company and really cared.
Great Place of employment
Customer Service Representative, Domestic Division (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 11, 2017
I learned alot during my time of employment. The company had alot of room for advancement. The culture was great and the employees were happy to and the moral was always upbeat.
interesting job
Senior Physicist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 7, 2017
The topics of R&D need to find personally, if you know field, you can find tasks, the management doesn't know physical and technical tasks. The management is afraid any initiative and use formal relationships: you need to work under his direction, but question is knowledge and topics.
Pros
Interesting topics
Cons
Bad management, to need to have professional people
Good company to work for
Technician (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 5, 2017
Though management could use some adjustments, Siemens is a good company to work for. Benefits are fair and wages are decent.Vacation is good, and holidays are ok
Many opportunites to expand my horizons
Business Relation Manager/ Business Process Expert (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 27, 2017
Started as a temp in June 1999, when hired full time was elevated to Senior CSR. I have had 12 positions working may way through the Customer Service. I was put on temporary assignments for times along with my current position.
Pros
Learning various factors within the company
Cons
Never worked a 40 hour week
Good place to work with great people.
Lab Tech 4 (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, DEMarch 26, 2017
Enjoyed working there with the people I worked with. Learned many new helpful things. Management was very friendly and understanding. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and for.
Little to no work life balance
Senior Technical Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMarch 12, 2017
Managers empathize with the work life balance issue but their hands are also tied to deliver revenue. Target goals are set unrealistic and rise each year even though they were not met in previous years. Several coworkers admit a defeatist attitude due to unrealistic goals.
Hardest part of the job is having a life. The job itself is great and rewarding but allows little to no family life. Weekends are often spent doing administrative duties as we are expected to spend 95-100% of our time in front of customers, leaves little to no time for family.
Pros
benefits are decent
Cons
Long hours and constant long hours.
Good compensation but you work hard for it.
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJMarch 10, 2017
The pay and benefits are excellent and the people you work with on a daily basis are very nice. However, projects always seem to be behind schedule requiring extra week-end work to catch up. Very poor planning of the project schedule. The upper management is in shambles, they want to make changes to right the ship but are going about it the wrong way. More heads will roll soon enough!
Pros
Good compensation, nice people, nice facility
Cons
Little room for advancement, mandatory week-ends, moving more towards contractors
Challenging but good place to work
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 9, 2017
Company is huge and has it's ups and downs like any huge company. Layoffs are not uncommon but they do recognize hard work and promote from within. Corporate culture seemed good when I was there. Many people work remote if you live outside headquarters state. Lots of travel but pay is good.
Siemens
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 7, 2017
Loved working for Siemens! You were treated with respect and fairly. Enjoyed working with my team as everybody had each others back. Customers enjoyed having us visit them as we gave them a ton of information about our products and how to grow their business. Enjoyed golf, trips, dinners, sporting trips with customers until Siemens Medical took over my division and all changed but still a great company to work for.
Pros
Trips, golf, sporting events, great people and loved developing relationships with customers
Cons
Siemens med took over no more anything, hard to help customers grow their practices due to corporate restraints, to corporate now
Excellent pay and benefits
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 4, 2017
Enjoy the responsibility or working independently. Very fast paced with a good deal of responsibility. Learn to deal with a diverse customer base.
Large global company - multiple business segments
Sr Coordinator, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMarch 4, 2017
Enjoyed the Healthcare area I was in - ongoing interaction with the field employees (Sales, Service, Operations) that my HR Manager supported. Duties included onboarding & exiting & all the steps in between! I learned that to grow with a company, you had to take on new challenges, stretch in new responsibilities - not to be afraid of something because you hadn't done it before! The culture was one of customer service and employee support.
Pros
Global company, many opportunities for growth
Staff Biochemist (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYFebruary 25, 2017
Great place to work and develop novel products for the in vitro diagnostic business. They are always developing new and innovative products.
Slow paced, non stimulating work environment
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJFebruary 14, 2017
Typical day starts at 7am and involves very repetitive, non stimulating assembly work. Building and testing sub assemblies repetitively with no real room for growth.
Learned a lot about hand tools, SAP, Assembly testing, and team work.
Hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness and no room for advancement.
Enjoyable part was the great employee benefits.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
No room for growth or promotion
Amazing global company
Staff Biochemist (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, DE USAFebruary 9, 2017
The finest company you can possibly work for - fantastic global opportunities with training. So fortunate that I have been able to work with some of the finest technical minds in the entire world.
Done project succesfully
SW Engineer (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAFebruary 8, 2017
Heavily involved in designing the Multi-tenancy feature of the web application, and developing the java components to implement the respective feature. Wrote security API implementing security mechanisms such as LDAP and SAML
Excellent enviroment to work and excellent benefits.
Final Release Q/A Technician (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, CTFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoyed to work at Siemens for 18 yeas. I started as electro-mechanical assembler and I ended up as Quality Assurance Technician. The company gives good opportunities to ascend.
I enjoyed all the jobs I had there.
Pros
Free Lunches, and breaks
Great Products
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILFebruary 3, 2017
Siemens has great products. It's integrated technology in DX, is one of a kind. Auto QC and Cal really helps the staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the customer's needs.
Pros
Multi National Company
Wonderful Company!
Production Engineer - New Product Development (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, DEJanuary 28, 2017
Great people to work with and work for, supervisors do not micromanaged but rather encourage you to perform at higher level. Wonderful products to make and build with a worth cause of improving human health and combating cancer. Thy also practice safe manufacturing environment and good life work/life balance.
Going in the wrong direction
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Leadership of the Diagnostics division leaves much to be desired. They are taking the company in the wrong direction. I fear for the future of the company.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Need to look out for yourself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Siemens Healthcare Reviews by Location