SIEMENS INDUSTRY INC Employee Reviews

Great job to work and company to work for..
ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 10, 2015
Had a wonderful supervisory staff.. They were willing to train me on the various products that were introduced to the end users ona monthly basis..
Great Place To Work!
Logistics Coordinator II (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDJune 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Siemens is a great place to work offering GREAT benefits and retirement!! The branch in Beltsville is top notch and has a winning culture!
Company with some EHS opportunties
Senior Consultant Environmental, Health and Safety (Current Employee), Norwood, OHMay 27, 2015
* Strong unionized workforce
* Large employer throughout United States with multiple worksites throughout the United States
* German-owned company
Good coworkers
Assembly Technician III (Former Employee), Vineland, NJMay 19, 2015
Pros: At first employee friendly
Cons: As time went on, they did not care about employees anymore
Learned many different skills at Siemens over a 16 year period. I had a chance to build many different products as well as wire and test.
Very matrix driven and constent hammering
Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Buffalo Grove IlApril 27, 2015
Pros: compensation
everything has to be done now and VERY processed. Wasn't always like this. This is a very HIGH stress place to work. The floor people are great to work with.
Ultrasonic Inspector (Former Employee), Elgin, ILApril 24, 2015
Pros: Well organized
Cons: Short breaks
Good company to work for. CEO was an engineer and helpful with technical issues from large gear CMM programs. Quality manager was brilliant. I had total autonomy as Ultrasonic inspector Level II. Hardest part of job was it was all manual skills application most enjoyable was complete responsibility and autonomy.
Good Benefits
Accountant IV (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: big company and good benefits
Cons: not easy to move a better position
A large Company with good benefits like 401K, Healthcare insurance and Retirement plan. Great co-workers and good facilities. It's a little harder to move inside the company.
Advancement in the Steel Industry
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER (Former Employee), Blytheville, ARFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great learning experience in steel equipment
Cons: difficult commute and job location
I was glad to apart of Siemens Industry and Nucor Steel. During my time there we were involved in multiple development projects. We mostly had involvement in the steel casting process and procedures. A typical day consisted of coordinating with my manager and other engineers to identify the best way to proceed. We had a great deal of advancement in the casting equipment repair work and overall durability. I had a large part in the auto cad design work. Drawing blue print standards were always maintained. I enjoyed sharing projects with different customers while also maintaining a large learning competency. The most difficulty rested on tight tolerance requirements and also processing jobs that was newly developed and not tested on site. I enjoyed the challenge and seeing the installment and running of the projects that I was involved in.
Senior Quality Engineer
Senior Quality/Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), New Kensington, PAFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day at work involves reviewing new warranty requests, working with customers to resolve escalation cases and core product problems, and finding opportunities to improve the reliability of products.
Siemens
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Bartlesville, OKFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: use contract employees and not a chance of going perm.
I would love to go perm there but that possibility is not happening. I love the job and I love the people there. I am sad to not be able to continue there.
Global Company with Growth Opportunities
Senior Director, Finance/Business Administration (Current Employee), Austin, TX and Sacramento, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Siemens provides an environment that is challenging and globally broad.

I've held a variety of positions within multiple businesses with increasing levels of responsibility.

Overall an enjoyable company to work for although a bit cumbersome in many ways, but the variety and ability to grow place it among the more desirable companies to work for.
Excellent Company
Director of Finance (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 9, 2014
Strong company with good pay and benefits. Willingness to move provides many opportunities and career advancement. Very satisfied with challenging opportunities and platform to prove your value.
Principal Systems Engineer
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 5, 2014
Worked as principal systems engineer. Start from architecture of automation system work with team on detailed engineering using siemens system.
Temp Employee
Customer Service Coordinator I (Former Employee), Irving , TXOctober 7, 2014
No job security compensation was ok job work life balance was ok management was poor job culture need to change
decent pay
Electro Mechanical Technician 3 (Former Employee), New Kensington, PASeptember 29, 2014
Very interesting place to work. Good pay, expensive benefits thou.
Productive and fun workplace
Material Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Elgin, ILSeptember 24, 2014
• Perform SPS projects that create over $50,000 in PUMA savings and improve Schedule Adherence and Delivery Reliability
• Support in-house repair and new production to reach Schedule Adherence and Delivery Reliability goals
• Develop Make Order Documentation for New Production
• Support work center material availability to ensure on time delivery
• Make production order date changes to maintain an accurate order schedule
• Coordinate material movement and documentation for items between the Siemens facilities, offsite warehouses and vendors.
• Tracking incoming material that is required and expedite the delivery of that material to the work area
• Currently enrolled in SPS Expert Training Run 5(Lean Manufacturing Training)
• Utilize Lean Principles to complete multiple projects
It is a nice and friendly place to work.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 12, 2014
Duties include giving permissions to various applications and software, conduct training programs, establish wage incentives, and prescreen applicants.
Siemens - A good place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee), DallasAugust 27, 2014
Pros: global company, decent benefits
Cons: glass ceiling, management can be difficult at times.
Siemens is highly localized, even though the company is global, each company is very independent. The salary & benefits are competitive, while work life balance depends upon your individual manager and project.

Career advancement in Siemens is difficult beyond a certain point, since most of the management comes directly from Germany. The culture is very conservative and formal. There are a lot of very talented technical people who work in Siemens. Overall, it is a good company to work for, but is definitely not a top tier one.
Great place to gain experience
Senior Project Manager, Postal Automation (Former Employee), IrvingJuly 31, 2014
Pros: open work culture, challenging work
Cons: layoffs are common, very political
Great coworkers. Average benefits. Challenging work. Good starting place to gain experience.
Outstanding work environment
Service Specialist (Current Employee), Beltsville, MDJune 9, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: pay increase has flattened
Excellent atmosphere great company feels very much like a small company. Benefits and working environment are second to none.