Siemens Industry Employee Reviews in United States

No chance for real advancement.
Material Handler/ Equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 20, 2016
Good place work if you are not looking to advance or use your brain power. I feel that I have wasted my time at the place.
Pros
Cons
management are not truthful is their quest
A typical work day at Siemens is long, hot and deserved.
Sr. Material/Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 26, 2016
I appreciate everything that I have learned at Siemens. If you want to learn it, they will teach it. I have gotten so much experience with this company in the 6years I have been employed there.
Pros
Working at your own pace and making sure you are safe.
Cons
We are working 7days a week. But I will not complain, because you have people that are looking jobs and have been unable to find one.
I learned a lot in this place, very challanging
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 23, 2016
I liked the challenge, but I hated that I had no help and I had to learn everything on my own, which made one of the best in the company, but the trip was tiering and required lots of hard work

My direct management was weak, since this is a specialty industry, lots of managers did not have degrees and had lots of old school methodologies

Co-workers were in an acceptable level, but there was no rising stars mentors or someone to look up too.

The hardest part was researching studying and learning everything on my own, while keeping up with rediculus deadlines with resulted on overworking.
Pros
your on your own so you would learn the most
Cons
No support, and other managers are not qualified
Great Company
Field Service Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 15, 2016
This is a great place to work with a lot of flexibility. Employees are very nice and everyone helps each other. Customer Service have options to work from home.
Fun and exciting with some downfall
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 9, 2016
Fun and exciting environment to be in. Although the Supervisors disrespected myself and other employees constantly. The hardest part of the job was being constantly harassed while working by supervisors. The easiest part was actually building the equipment for customers.
Pros
Relaxed Enviornment with penty of room to work.
Cons
Supervisors not properly supervising and threatening employees
Clueless managers
Supply Chain Planner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2016
Siemens was a good place to work years ago but they have become very cold and calculated due to poor hiring skills. More chiefs than warriors and most of the chiefs couldn't give you a straight answer if their lives depended on it.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
poor management
AMAZING company!
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AlaskaMay 13, 2016
Best company to work for, hands down. They take great care of their employees. The culture is great, everyone was professional and helpful.
Pros
Work culture.
Cons
Nothing.
Good place to work and learn
Sales (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 30, 2016
This is a place to learn and grow, you can do very well if you have technical background, and the mangers are valued your efforts, however like many other big cooperation, there're too many layers of managements.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too many layers of managments
good place to work
Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 3, 2016
A good place to work, and to grow.
A world wide company who allow me to travel to several places.
Good working environment
Wrong direction
Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 28, 2016
I have worked for Siemens for 21 years and while the pay isn't too bad the management team is taking a turn down the wrong path and the people in the field are feeling the pinch more and more. The company itself is pretty decent but the management team has just worn me out.
Pros
Good Company Good Benefits
Cons
Management team more worried about themselves than you.
Rock Solid
Sales (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 27, 2016
Siemens compensates you fairly, and provides good benefits. Lots of talented people and very good product
Work tends to take over life at times during the course of the fiscal year hurting the work/life balance, but as a whole it is rock solid.
Knowledge base and fun place to work!
Sr. Training Instructor, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 13, 2015
I enjoyed my years here. Enjoy working with the production associates! My Engineering co-works are great too. You get to learn and apply yourself if you desire. They have special social events at times when we reach targets. Would recommend new Engineers or technical personnel to apply.
Pros
learning
Cons
Great place to work, however not enough work
Material/Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 2, 2015
Desk work limited receiving
All aspects of procedure and personal growth
No management to speak of
Great co-workers all crossed trained
Sitting at a desk
My co-workers
Pros
Laid back enviroment ability to work independently
Cons
Not enough work for the Warehouse
not stable
n/a (Former Employee) –  new london ohioDecember 2, 2015
not a stable environment in the steel industry. lower pay.

no advancement

no bonus

no reviews on regular basis

no commitment

no follow up
Pros
friendly people
Cons
lack of stability
Leader for technical innovation
Sr. Quality Manager in Projects (Current Employee) –  New Kensington, PANovember 29, 2015
Siemens is a great company but not every factory of Siemens has assimilated the Siemens Culture and preferred mode of operations. There is no room for career growth for experienced personnel in their forties with previous management experience. The same can be said for incoming entry level bright talent.

The other area requiring improvement are the benefits. They are short of the standard offered by other companies of equal size and global stature.

One of the positive activities that lure experienced technical personnel to Siemens is the encouragement for innovation. Siemens is indeed one of the best leaders that I have worked for regarding technical innovation.

Like every other company Siemens has its strengths and weaknesses, and one has to determine what is of value to them prior to joining this company.
Pros
Technical Innovation, R & D
Cons
No career advancement, lacking benefits
Fun place, even had ping pond table to play and relieve stress.
Regulatory Compliance Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJNovember 24, 2015
Challenging working with other engineers to gather the proper information for submittal to the regulatory agencies for testing and approval regarding Fire control Products. Enjoyed mentoring other workers to preform similar tasks and to be interactive with other division project submittals. Participated in the product Engineering review documentation for manufacturing processing.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Limited Health care
Productive and fun workplace
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed working with Siemens the management was supportive in your endeavors. They had a very good training schedule and on the job training.
Pros
Training, supportive and working close with co workers
Cons
Politics that are expected with a large company
Good benefits in a challenging environment
Senior Supply Chain Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 6, 2015
With Siemens being a German company there are some aspects of daily life that are fairly well regimented. Co-workers have always been nice. The hardest part of the job is learning to deal with the German culture in your daily life.
Pros
Generous PTO to start
Cons
German culture often clashes with American culture.
Global matrixed organization
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 30, 2015
Siemens can be a great company to work for, depending on your location. There are many smart, hard-working people there. The challenge is in the matrix structure and the balance of management directives from Global (Germany) and USA. Typically, the company carries too many "priorities" so people have too many projects and things take very long to complete. Culture can be cut-throat. Currently morale is very low due to many personnel cuts over the past 5 years, so remaining people are tasked with picking up more work. Nothing gets taken off the table. Management needs better focus.
Positive work environment
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 29, 2015
Positive work environment but no room for advancement. My co-workers are great to work with but the lack of advancement often make a lot of people leave. The typical daily routine involve interactions with customers and monitoring the conveyor system.
Pros
Interaction with customers
Cons
No room for advancement