Siemens Industry Employee Reviews

Productive fun place to work
Service Account Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJanuary 19, 2017
Hi activity job with great benefits and awesome people. I was given a great opportunity to learn and grow as a project manager and person in business.
Pros
supportive work enviroment - team atmosphere
Cons
local leadership not in touch with day to day activities.
Great Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Siemens is one of the largest companies in the world with a great culture and great training programs. Large office with a lot of people working together as a team.
No one had time to play games .
Millwright/Welder (Former Employee) –  Jasper, SCJanuary 16, 2017
Go into break and have safety meeting . And get your work orders for the day . Found management to be very helpful when you had a job to perform you had never done before always glad to help .
All workers where easy to get along and work with . Hardest part of job was heavy lifts not manual lifts was setting up heavy rigging . Most enjoyable part of job was being able to do job at your own pace .
Pros
Super on job cooked a home cooked meal almost every day .
Cons
Had regular breaks and beteen breaks if needed
ping
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wendell, NCDecember 26, 2016
such a great compnay to be a part of..this compnay helped with everytnig possible...When working in Myanmar ive learn a lot of american culture values through this compnay....great pay
Good People
Sr Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJDecember 25, 2016
Excellent people to work with, potential to go as far as you want, may move too slowly for some, but management does have plan and they get it done. Good for long term career planning.
Several experienced people
Design Supervisor/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2016
There were several people there that were fantastic to work with. The experience was great. Cant say the management had the same view but it did get better
good company and very enjoyable to work with.
QA Inspector (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2016
I love working with siemens They have given me a lot of great opportunities to learn a lot. Co-workers are very friendly diversified enjoyable to work with.
Already wrote about this...
Power Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2016
Already wrote about this...
See my other review because nothing has changed.
Apparently this review doesn't meet their quality guidelines, but I am not going to go back to copy-paste.
I enjoyed my time there
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 21, 2016
I was able to expand my engineering "toolbox" while working at Siemens, moving from Manufacturing, to Design Engineering, and lastly to Quality. There are some real "salt of the earth" type people at Siemens, who were a joy to work with.
Fantastic people and good leadership
Logistics and Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 19, 2016
Great company to work for. Benefits are top notch and Siemens offers plenty of room for advancement. As long as you are willing to work hard, you will be supported.
Good work environment
Electronics Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHSeptember 7, 2016
Great company to work for.
Take good care of employees.
Have innovative products.
Benefits are sufficient
Siemens is a large German company breaking into the US market.
Pros
Good Work
Cons
Lack of work volume at my facility
Siemens is a great paying job with good benefits.
Motor Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 4, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of assembly of all types of horizontal motors. Interpreting blueprints, drawing and specifications. Meeting all Personal Protective Equipment requirements.
Challenging work environment
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2016
Complete autonomy on the job and the ability to move within different industries. Satisfaction of achieving very aggressive business targets.
Positive work environment.
Asset Management/Performance Contracting (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY and Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2016
I worked in upstate NY for 15 of my 17 years with Siemens. Our success was consistent every year and recognized globally. The employees in our Buffalo, NY location were like family. as time passes so do these values. Overal,l a very good place to enjoy your career.
Pros
Great benneifits.
Cons
Salaries were not very competitive.
Siemens Industry Review
DRAFTING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARAugust 17, 2016
A typical day at Siemens consisted of Updating drawings (Blue-Prints) as changes occurred to the equipment. Also, to keep new projects for steel mill production completed and implemented on a timely fashion. All new designs were approved by Nucor Steel and management. I learned a great deal about how to use current drafting and design procedures to complete projects and documentation. Learned new ACAD commands in order to become a more efficient and effective drafting engineer. The management was sometimes did not give the adequate guidance and leadership but they did have good organization. My co-workers were hard workers and I learned on site about equipment inspection and proper instillation procedures. The hardest part of the job was making design changes after the drawing designs were already decided. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the improved equipment work effectively to produce higher quality steel.
Pros
Salary and a Positive learning curve
Cons
Location of job
Siemens Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst - FP&A (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 9, 2016
A typical day in a financial analyst's job always involved planning, forecasting and analyzing our financials. I learnt a lot about how to forecast and streamline process and worked on several optimization projects which helped me to have a broader scope on processes. Hardest part of the job is that it's not flexible and culture and management is very rigid and old schooled hence it's not an upcoming place for someone young but it's definitely a place where you can be quite assured of your job at most times.
Pros
have the opportunity to get international exposure if you perform very well
Cons
bad healthcare benefits, inflexible work hours, rigid work style and management and culture.
Very Good
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wendell, NCAugust 6, 2016
Very Good and flexible work environment and co-operative staffs and management. I definitely enjo.yed with SIEMENS for the past 9 years
Work in the Greater Houston area
Field Service Specialist Senior (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2016
work in field service taking care of a number of accounts thru out the greater Houston area. I enjoy my customers and enjoy provide service to take care of their needs
No chance for real advancement.
Material Handler/ Equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 20, 2016
Good place work if you are not looking to advance or use your brain power. I feel that I have wasted my time at the place.
Pros
Cons
management are not truthful is their quest
Lots of Technologies
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
Lots of Technologies; Lots of Business Units; Good place for young professionals to learn about many different products, and as they are applied in industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens Industry. Our community is ready to answer.