Siena College Employee Reviews

Acomodating for student workers
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYJune 4, 2017
Supervisors make it easy to have a work study position that fits with your class schedule. Lots of different positions available, whether it be for a department or for a building.
great place to work
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYMay 30, 2017
great place to work. for students or a part time . But was very friendly and informative. helpful and always promoted a positive work environment. Everyone worked as a team.
great working environment
Assistant Coach- Women's Basketball (Current Employee) –  Loudonville, NYMay 22, 2017
busy days coaching, recruiting, scouting, mentoring student athletes.
very long working hours while in-season, with a more relaxed schedule in post-season and during summer months.
July is a very busy month for recruiting with excessive travel and very long hours spent recruiting.
Pros
friendly and welcoming working environment, nice people, ok benefits
Easy going
Marketing Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYMay 22, 2017
The work place wasn't stressful. We were given the date when the research was due and completed it in that time frame. If you needed help you asked for it. Otherwise it was your responsibility to complete the research on time.
Pros
Work when you want to.
Cons
A little too flexible for my tastes.
on-campus employment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 21, 2017
Friendly professors, offering assistance to underclassmen is always nice. the research is challenging and time consuming. In addition finding time when equipment was available was difficult
Controlled chaos and low morale
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYApril 25, 2017
No one was motivated to actually want to work. Everyone felt they were underpaid and given too much work to do. There was low morale amongst everyone, which resulted in people not performing their best.
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
Heavily underpaid, too much work
School Worker
School of Science Assistant Worker (Current Employee) –  Loudonville, NYMarch 29, 2017
For student workers Siena offers a wide range of positions and flexible hours to meet the class schedule of workers. Time management is an important skill to have and will take you far in college.
Rewarding internship experiences for Siena Students
Office Intern/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYMarch 7, 2017
As a student intern it was an great experience. The college offers many internships within many of the offices on campus. It is a great way to gain experience in the work field as well as learning the many ways to apply your degree.
Pros
make own hours
Cons
4 papers are due to your advisor describing your experiences, (often repetitive and hard to find new things to write about)
Excellent
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Working at Siena College has been a wonderful experience. I got to work with a variety of different lab set ups, explore a range of biological and chemical fields, and introduce myself into working in a la while I am a student. I was able to help teach other students through their labs.
Easy
Post Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYDecember 28, 2016
Definitely a student job, with very easy to complete duties that allow you to get your studies done at the same time. Enjoyable people to work with as well.
nice place to work
Visiting Assistant Professor of Sociology (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYOctober 28, 2016
Siena offers friendly co workers and amazing students. opportunities to get involved in various activities and events on campus was always available.
very productive place ... many customers
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYMarch 31, 2016
I never had a complaint work was good.always had a good good fire alarm systems were out dated. overall people were good to work with. No pressure on the job. when the Kids gave shows it was very entertaining.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no over time
Good Job to start out
Sodexo Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYMarch 6, 2016
It was a good job to work with. I enjoyed my hours that I was given from them. Could be tedious at times whenever closing was an issue with getting caught up in the dish room. Overall it was ok, I didn't have too many problems working there.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Food wasn't too great
Great environment with lots of benefits.
Shipping and Receiving/Reprographic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Siena College has a great culture and the best benefits I have ever had the good fortune of experiencing. Seasonally dependent work structure with lots of great co-workers. Free part-time college tuition to full time employees. Health, dental and TIAA-Cref retirement are other benefits any employee would be grateful for.
Benefits
Cons
Culture was in becoming in flux before I left.
Events and moving (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYJanuary 15, 2016
Siena College was a great place to work.. It was at times a very fast paced job. sometimes there would be alot of down time... the management was great,kind and always helpful. It was a great paying job with good benefits and a raise every year.
Pros
good benefits and good pay
Cons
i didnt find any cons
Franciscan institution in Upstate New York
Animal Care (Research) (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYAugust 3, 2015
Beautiful campus and rewarding curriculum. I recommend working at or attending Siena to anyone. I had an on campus job taking care of the research pigeons.
Life as an RA
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loudonville, NYJune 29, 2015
Meet a lot of new people and help guide residents through challenges at college. Fun to work with a new staff every year. A lot of creativity, care, and responsibility.
Pros
Fun, flexible schedule
Cons
knocks on the door while sleeping
Has gone from worker friendly environment to ajust a place to work.
Locksmith (Current Employee) –  515 loudon road loudonville n.y.June 24, 2015
I have 37 years of service. The college has drifted away from its Franciscan Tradition. The college used to be a great place to work. New management does not seem to appreciate the employees. They don't listen to ideas or suggestions.
Pros
Good retirement
Cons
Has got away from its traditions
The school is decent with high standards
Current Student/IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 11, 2015
I've learned so much about computers and how they run. I've also learned how to communicate with computers via many languages. The hardest part of my time at Siena was time management.
Good Job Experience
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Albany,NYJanuary 22, 2015
Learned about Call Centers
Learned how to speak on the phone is a fast paced