Siena College Employee Reviews

very productive place ... many customers
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYMarch 31, 2016
I never had a complaint work was good.always had a good good fire alarm systems were out dated. overall people were good to work with. No pressure on the job. when the Kids gave shows it was very entertaining.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no over time
Good Job to start out
Sodexo Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYMarch 6, 2016
It was a good job to work with. I enjoyed my hours that I was given from them. Could be tedious at times whenever closing was an issue with getting caught up in the dish room. Overall it was ok, I didn't have too many problems working there.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Food wasn't too great
Great environment with lots of benefits.
Shipping and Receiving/Reprographic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Siena College has a great culture and the best benefits I have ever had the good fortune of experiencing. Seasonally dependent work structure with lots of great co-workers. Free part-time college tuition to full time employees. Health, dental and TIAA-Cref retirement are other benefits any employee would be grateful for.
Benefits
Cons
Culture was in becoming in flux before I left.
Events and moving (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYJanuary 15, 2016
Siena College was a great place to work.. It was at times a very fast paced job. sometimes there would be alot of down time... the management was great,kind and always helpful. It was a great paying job with good benefits and a raise every year.
Pros
good benefits and good pay
Cons
i didnt find any cons
Franciscan institution in Upstate New York
Animal Care (Research) (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYAugust 3, 2015
Beautiful campus and rewarding curriculum. I recommend working at or attending Siena to anyone. I had an on campus job taking care of the research pigeons.
Life as an RA
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loudonville, NYJune 29, 2015
Meet a lot of new people and help guide residents through challenges at college. Fun to work with a new staff every year. A lot of creativity, care, and responsibility.
Pros
Fun, flexible schedule
Cons
knocks on the door while sleeping
Has gone from worker friendly environment to ajust a place to work.
Locksmith (Current Employee) –  515 loudon road loudonville n.y.June 24, 2015
I have 37 years of service. The college has drifted away from its Franciscan Tradition. The college used to be a great place to work. New management does not seem to appreciate the employees. They don't listen to ideas or suggestions.
Pros
Good retirement
Cons
Has got away from its traditions
The school is decent with high standards
Current Student/IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 11, 2015
I've learned so much about computers and how they run. I've also learned how to communicate with computers via many languages. The hardest part of my time at Siena was time management.
Good Job Experience
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Albany,NYJanuary 22, 2015
Learned about Call Centers
Learned how to speak on the phone is a fast paced
Productive place with opportunity at every corner
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loudonville, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Siena's labs are interesting to work in because the professors at Siena are intelligent and have interesting lab projects.
loved it
Intern (Former Employee) –  loudonville, NYJanuary 17, 2014
Siena provides a stable work environment where you can work at your own pace and yet still be productive and effective.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
no room for growth
Applied Knowledge
Associated Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loudonville, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Similar to Undergraduate Research, the Summer Scholars Program taught me to apply the knowledge and skills I already have. I also learned how to explore new areas of science I was not familiar with in order to further my research. It was not a high stress environment, as long as the work put in was satisfactory, creating a fun and productive atmosphere.
Pros
Lunch breaks, weekends, fun atmosphere
Cons
Living quarters
Working Environment
Assoc. Dir. of Information & Tech. Services (I&TS) (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYAugust 9, 2013
Great experience working at Siena College, people were friendly, great opportunities, great atmosphere. Enjoyed working with students also. Watch the campus grow over the years.One of the best colleges in New York State. Many of the students who graduate stay in the area and work in local businesses. Very strong Alumni !
Loved working here
Assistant to the Urban Scholars Program (Current Employee) –  Loudonville, NYJuly 5, 2013
I loved working at Siena, but my job unfotunatly was paid off of a grant, which we did not recieved for next year.
Wonderful Place
Library Clerk (Current Employee) –  Loudonville, NYJune 19, 2013
Dealing with patrons every day is a pleasure, and the staff is a good group of people. Lots of down time, which can be a bad thing at times, but when it's busy, it's busy.
Productive and a laid-back workplace
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYMay 27, 2013
A typical workday consisted of completing daily tasks given by professors, filing, photocopying, and making errands. I have learned to communicate with all different types of people in the Religious Studies office, whether it be professors or students. I enjoyed this job because it was not stressful during the time of finals and was laid-back.
Mediocre
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Loudonville, NYApril 1, 2013
Low pay, good benefits, schedule flexibility. Little incentive for advancement. Graded system. No performance based pay raises.
Great College
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYMarch 11, 2013
Siena College is a great higher level educational institution. My time there was incredible and the best part was probably the small class size. Having the ability to be on a first name basis with the professors and get help whenever needed really enhanced my educational experience there.
Very enjoyable
Squash Coach (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYJanuary 10, 2013
I would work with students and professional squash players, teaching them the art of playing squash.
Pros
networking
Cons
na
Clerical office job in the Social Work Department
Clerical Worker (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYAugust 16, 2012
Job consisted of typical clerical work such as making copies, phone calls, data input, etc. This job taught me how to function in a office environment and I learned to work hand and hand with a professional work-staff.
Pros
office environment
Cons
pay scale

Siena College Reviews by Location