Siena Hotel Spa Casino Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Horrible
Bakery (Former Employee) –  BakeryOctober 22, 2014
I Worked here for two weeks..Under the Chef....What a joke that guy is. My first day I was there I was totally alone with no idea what to do. And that was how it pretty much stayed the whole time Zero training. Then I was told I was doing things wrong (no duh you havent even trained me to do anything) This place has awful management..Stay away
Going through reconstruction
Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 14, 2014
Beautiful Property, New Ownership. Unfortunately going through financial hardship.
Small enough to allow employees to provide personal attention to our customers, big enough to provide a great gaming experience.
Slot Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 2, 2014
The Siena is a small casino that has a luxury hotel with great casino entertainment. The casino floor provides a good range of the older favorite slots as well as a good variety of the newer games. Service is a four star rating. The casino floor people and cocktail waitresses are able to be friendly enough with our customers to know what they require to enjoy their gaming experience. Our steakhouse provides an outdoor balcony seating next to the beautiful Truckee River, setting a romantic ambiance while you enjoy your dinner.
confusing place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 16, 2013
i like the people i work with but management is so consumed with trying to make profit that it makes it quite a difficult environment to advance within the company. My day is filled with delivery of inventory requisitions and checking in delivery's by myself and any heavy lifting falls to me throughout the hotel. I also rotate stock so food and beverage does not go bad. I have yet to receive a review or a raise the whole time i have been employed there yet since my start date my work load and responsibility's have tripled
Pros
it is a job
Cons
no room for advancement
Start up company with brilliant decor, hotel rooms and casino
Hotel Sales and Entertainment Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 2, 2012
Fabulous Manager! Location on the Truckee River in Reno. Great to sell to guests! Loved the position and the opportunity. Worked approximately 60-70 hours a week non- stop from the day I arrived and took the venue from 35% occupancy to 98% occupancy in under 6 months. The team was fabulous to work with, the entire staff were like family. All hard working, dedicated people. The special events were marvelous and the most challenging aspect was the parking situation. European feel and atmosphere. Will miss the Siena!
Pros
the finest manager i have ever had the privilege to work with.
Cons
not enough parking and vision to enhance the possibilities for same.
New Hotel Spa Casino
Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 16, 2012
The Siena is newly renovated and striving to become a 4 or 5 star resort. The intial year was was a bit difficult, as with most new businesses, but the management/ownership team is headed in the right direction. They have good vision and working hard to achieve their goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siena Hotel Spa Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7