Sierra College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive and fast pace place to work at.
Student Ambassador | Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 14, 2017
My typical day would include assisting students with the enrollment process at Sierra College. My experience as a student employee had a lot of positive outcomes. For example, I was able improve my skills of assisting others, communicating with others, my productivity when the work place was slow. I became more confident with the information I would tell the students and most importantly I learned how to manage situations that could be rather difficult.
Pros
Management was easy to communicate with, flexible with schedule, learned new skills.
Cons
Could not move up in positions because there were non available to do so.
great work place
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 12, 2017
A chance to work with all the sports team at the college. Great work environment. Chance to learn new things about sports management and volunteer work.
Position, not personal
Adjuct Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 14, 2017
You are totally replaceable at Sierra College. You are not appreciated. Management doesn't care about academics. Administration does not support ;ab classes with supplies.
Good environment and good people.
Learning Disability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 14, 2017
Sierra College is a good place to work. People are friendly and caring. The team I worked with were very patient about training. I was always busy, which is important to me, and enjoyed my work and co-workers.
Pros
Pay is excellent.
Cons
Budget cuts always a threat.
Great experience, fun, flexible
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 11, 2017
Perfect part time side job while going to college. I loved every minute of it, even when things got a little tough, it was a great learning experience for everyone. It's a very basic college job, so there are no benefits or high pay. It is all for the experience and opportunity to make money while you're already on campus! it was truly a wonderful experience.
Pros
Fun Atmosphere, Flexible Hours, Great supervisors and managers
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
Wonderful office environment. I was sorry to have to leave.
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 5, 2017
I have the opportunity to work in this office while I was a student. The Marketing and PR department needed somebody to proofread a new build of the college website, and I gained a great deal of experience during the year I was there. I was even able to make a little money via federal work study during my second semester there. Sadly, though I asked about becoming hired after graduation, there were no such openings and once I got my degree, I had to leave.

A typical day usually consisted of taking phone calls, checking emails, updating social media posts for the college, proofreading new text for the website, and performing whatever office errands needed doing. The office was a very friendly, welcoming place and the workers there were very kind and patient in teaching me the ropes. I would strongly recommend them for any students wanting to intern at Sierra College. If they have an opening, definitely consider it.
Pros
Great way to get experience, very nice management
Cons
No long-term career options
Content Producer
Content Producer (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMay 24, 2017
Worked as a content producer for Sierra College's online radio program KSCM. It was a student/internship position, so no pay or anything. It was great experience for learning introductory skills needed for running a radio program and the culture was very relaxed.
Pros
Good experience
Balanced Work Environment
Financial Aid Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMay 10, 2017
Gained variety of technological skills. Work pace required attention to detail with speed because of the volume to be completed certain days. Allowed employees to further their knowledge individually or in groups for more efficient learning. Pleasant staff and management; trainers were experienced and approachable.
Great school to work at.
ESL teacher (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAMarch 8, 2017
I have been at Sierra College a short time and I feel like part of the teaching team. All the staff, teachers and dean are wonderful and supportive. The school is a great school. The students enjoy their experience there.
Pros
Access to a modern classroom with technology.
Sierra College
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Sierra college is a challenging community college with very difficult physics and math classes. Tutoring here helped me advance my knowledge of the subject as well as help students understand material at a higher level. I enjoyed the experience.

Want to know more about Sierra College?

Ask a question
Didn't enjoy it
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAFebruary 5, 2017
The department I worked in was ran by a passive manager that avoided confrontation. Instead of talking to an employee emails were sent out to the entire department
I love Sierra College
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CADecember 27, 2016

• Communication liaison between the public and departmental administrators, and management staff
• Proficiency in computer applications and software packages (listed above)
• Coordination of office activities and travel for veteran service office
• Performs secretarial and administrative support duties for an assigned manager; relieves administrator of a variety of clerical, technical and administrative details
• Screens office visitors and telephone callers; responds to sensitive questions, complaints and requests for information from administrative, management, classified staff, and the general public; communicates information in person, by telephone or electronic mail
• Maintains a calendar of events to assure timely coordination of office activities and status of assigned projects. Facilitates communication between assigned administrators
• Composes correspondence independently; prepares responses to letters, general correspondence and personal inquiries of a sensitive nature for administrators’ approval
Pros
everything
love
Admissions and Records Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAApril 20, 2016
its a great place to work
getting great office experience
communication is key
management is awesome
hardest part is keeping up with busy days at school, (start of school semester and the end)
learning alot of computer application
Excellent fire technology program
Academic Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CADecember 13, 2015
Provide instruction to continuing education students in physical fitness, resistance training, and health promotion.
Instruction on essential sciences related to health and fitness: anatomy, exercise physiology, exercise / sport psychology, motor learning, and aspects of adult learning
Knowledge of the elements of exercise prescription for: apparently healthy adolescent, teen, and adult populations; post-rehabilitative clients and clients with known risk factors or symptoms of disease; and, athletic fitness
Knowledge of the elements of nutrition and its relationship to health and fitness.
Knowledge of the business skills needed for personal success in the health and fitness field.
Knowledge of the elements of client motivation and the connection between the mind and body
Sierra College: An excellent campus
English Professor (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAJune 26, 2015
I very much enjoy my work as a professor at Sierra College. The campus was supportive and innovative in terms of its practices.

In my role as a professor, I plan courses and edit manuscripts to refine grammar, clarity, and tone.

One of my strengths includes face-to-face collaboration. My interactions with students are consistently dynamic and satisfying.
Pros
Beautiful campus, friendly staff, forward thinking
Cons
None. I loved my job.
designed to the student just starting out or returning to school
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJanuary 31, 2015
The tutor center is a good place to work. You can set your own schedule and all of the people are nice and helpful. They offer several professional workshops to improve your skills as a tutor and of the option to earn a two level national tutoring certification.
Pros
you can get a lot of experience in tutoring and attend free workshops
Cons
doesn't pay much
Exciting work environment with great employees
Temporary bookseller (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, caJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day at work includes helping find their books and supplies for their classes. The management along with the coworkers are very kind and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job is carrying multiple book orders but the best part is getting to know your customers left happy with their service.
I worked in the field and knew many of my students. The class grew each time it was taught because the students referred their buddies
Professor (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 17, 2014
I enjoyed teaching the class and was good at it. The final exam each time was very very interesting and intense. The students loved it.
Pros
No boss, no proctor, what's not to like
Cons
When kids came along, not enough time to continue
Adjunct Psychology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 3, 2014
As an adjunct you are treated better than adjuncts in other districts but the pay is considerably less.
fun at times, busy other times
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 10, 2014
the people are all so great. the job was fun at times, busy other times. great place overall