Sierra Nevada Corporation

Sierra Nevada Corporation Employer Reviews

Productive and fun
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDMay 5, 2014
has a very hands-on environment
a good place for starters
people are really nice. treat you like family
Hagerstown Senior Management is toxic and out of touch!
Program Analyst (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDMay 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: senior management
A very toxic environment. Senior Management does not honor loyalty, hard work or devoted employees.
Great place to work.
Engineer (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 30, 2014
Great place to work. Company has extremely good health benefits and 401K.
Rewarding and great atmosphere to work in.
Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance Site Lead (Current Employee), Centennial, COMarch 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, teammates/coworkers
Cons: time away from home
Company does a great job taking care of its employees with benefits and compensation. The deployed teams are great to work with. Our work with the military is very rewarding and fulfilling.
Special Projects
Director, Special Projects (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 1, 2014
Leveraged prior warfighter experience to assist teams in developing product / services for improving AF mission effectiveness. Communicated with key AF decision-makers to champion benefits of SNC solutions.
Watch your back
structures mech (Former Employee), Centennial, COJanuary 10, 2014
Laid off for no apparent reason, no chance for advancement even with an advanced degree. Head down and no talking, if you're good at what you were hired for then you won't advance because the guy above you will keep his boot on your neck.
Unique Environment
QA (Current Employee), NVSeptember 25, 2013
Cons: disorganized
Not so typical Agile Environment. Most of their offices are run well not this one
N/A
Materials Specialist II (Former Employee), Englewood, COJuly 9, 2013
I dont feel comfotable discussing this company at this time
A Waste of Time to work in Clovis
Avionics Tech (Former Employee), Clovis, NMJune 28, 2013
Pros: zero
Cons: laziness, hangers unclean, no leadership allowed
Horrible place to work. The DOM is retired military and needs constant recognition and attention for his service. The leads are young and inexperienced mechanics that make terrible decisions and lie daily. When deployed you can drink a case of beer, and about 80% of your co-workers will gladly join you It's a bunch of A&P mechanics that care less about – more... aircraft maintenance. A revolving door and management from leads to DOM to Field Manager have zero discernment and have no backbone for ethics, or quality work. They stand outside and smoke all day long. It's a filthy environment, disorganized, and the schedule rotates from days to nights consistently. Don't waste your time working there. But if you are a truck driver, or prior military with no experience or credentials in aircraft maintenance - then this is the place for you. – less
A fast paced aircraft job very poor management
not what I was promised (Current Employee), Clovis NMMay 16, 2013
Pros: good pay time off
Cons: the worst management on the planet, hates there employees
A fun place to work, you can make a lot of money, but they hate there employees, fire 10% ever year, HR is always looking to fire some one, if some one does not like you you are done, working there the last few months I was waiting to be fired every day. Some mechanics do abbsolutly nothing, while you could work very hard, and are always in the DOM – more... s office. Will coach you on things that never happened, then wait for you to do any small thing and use it to get rid of you . Also be careful this company hires for jobs they do not even have, and works you in a different area full time. If you are hatted by management, new mechanics will be deployed in 1 to 3 weeks, and the scape goat never goes anywhere. I recomend not even waisting your time on this company. love to promote young intimidating inexperienced people, that will only help there budies. This is the original old boys club, run the other way and find another place to spend your time. The worst employer EVER on the planet.
No training department what so ever. – less
Highly Talented, Creative and Focused
Material Planner III (Current Employee), Louisville, COApril 30, 2013
Pros: benefits, compensation, work enviroment, 401k & bonus plan
Working in Aerospace, specifically Human Space Flight is one of the most challenging environments I have had the opportunity to be a part of. The high level of talent, creativity and focus make everyday a new learning experience that incorporates the best from myself and the team.
Great place to work for
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Plano, TXApril 26, 2013
Pros: benefits and work environment. they do a lot of neat stuff.
Cons: defense contractor so business goes up and down with congress spending
The company is a great company to work for. It has lots of benefits, with comparable salaries. The reason for my departure was not so much the companies fault but rather the Congress's sequestration fallout. I would love to continue to work for them if I had the chance.
A skilled manager with a track record of consistency and decisive, timely decision-making
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Sparks, NVApril 17, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no cons
SNC was a great company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I got to interact with employee's all over the world. I would take their problems or issues and resolve them. I had the opportunity to also provide some training for other Logistics workers.
Poor supervisors, poor management, poor job security
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), CentennialJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: good perks from the owners
Cons: poor management, poor supervisors, workload overload
This company is fairly small, but has perks that are superior but working there is a nightmare, you are always walking on pins and needles. Poor organization and scheduling. No family life or work balance. You are led by intimidation and knowing that you could lose your job at any point. They are always looking for a scape goat to pin something on that – more... the customer will not approve of. – less
Excellent learning opportunity
Field Services Engineer (Former Employee), Sparks, NVDecember 24, 2012
Excellent place to learn a skill set that you couldn't possibly learn unless you work there. Initial manager was exceptional and worked well with all the employees. I had to resign due to health issues at the time.
Job with lots of Travel
Logistics Support Specialist (Former Employee), Centennial, CODecember 6, 2012
Pros: good pay, excellant 401k after being with the company for a couple of years, interesting people
Cons: poor senior management, poor time management, not family oriented, very poor program management of schedule, people and program schedules and coordination
This government contractor offers great job opportunity to develop skills if you have the time to get your education in. The pace is so fast that you will not have a family life that you can enjoy. So forget about having a life outside of work, it won't happen.
Excellent Place to Work
Facility Security Officer / Office Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCNovember 8, 2012
Pros: good people, good pay, good benefits
Cons: i don't have family here.
I can not complain about how this company treats it people. They are generous, understanding, and treat you like family. I can always take time off when I need to travel to Florida to see my family. Being away from my family is very difficult and is my only reason for wanting to move back to Florida..
Easy going...but watch your back!
Avionics tech. (Former Employee), Cenntenial,coOctober 11, 2012
Pros: build great things and really enjoyed the job!
Cons: wish i never sold my house for this company, wife and kids miss family! no money to get back!
Can be a great place to work and I love what did, but HR will let anyone talk bad about you called "here say" and with out proof you are black listed! No job growth and on the list. I was there as a contractor and worked very hard for 1.5 years to prove my self worth to them and in return I was liked by many EE's, project managers, managers, it took – more... one person to run to hr and burn me for the perm. Position that I had. I have offers from HR recorded on my phone then all of the sudden nothing zip nada no retun calls to explan other than someone the same level as I said something to HR and now I am banned and can not work there any longer. I worked with the guy who said something to HR and it just so happens that "he" got the job! Last I heard he has been late every day, on his phone constantly, doesn't know how to do the job at hand and SNC had to pay for classes for him just so he can learn do his job! Great place to work, but very unprofessional.

This is from a guy who spent $12,000 of his own money after selling his house to lose $35,000 in taxes and commissions to move his family 2500 miles to this location to get a perm. Job and support a family of 4 to get shunned for soming I never did for ex: no write ups or verbals to back the accuser. Horrible story, but true! – less
Good
Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee), Centennial, COSeptember 13, 2012
Fast paced environment with a dedicated group of people.
Flat organization, agile.
Rough schedule but well worth it
Field Service Engineer III / Instructor (Former Employee), UndisclosedApril 22, 2012
Pros: pto and 401k are unmatched
Cons: time away from home
I worked overseas on 90 day trips with 30 days at home in between. PTO, Pay, 401k and other benefits were the best I've ever seen. The culture there is awesome but the expectations are more than some can handle. We had pretty fair turnover due to time away and lack of abilities that simply can't be screened in an interview. All in all, if you can handle – more... the schedule, it's the most rewarding job you'll ever have. – less

About Sierra Nevada Corporation

Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), headquartered in Sparks, Nev., is one of America’s fastest growing private companies based – Read more

Sierra Nevada Corporation Photos