Sierra Trading Post

Sierra Trading Post Employer Reviews

Great Place to Work
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 4, 2015
Sierra Trading Post is a great place to work. The health bennefits are fantastic and the staff is great. There is a lot of room for growth within the company which makes is very motivational.
A really great work environment with great people.
Order Puller (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: access to a nice break room. food and drinks sold
Cons: breaks unevenly spread out.
Great company with a fast paced environment. Managers worked with me with my limited availability. Co-workers had a team spirit and were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was standing and walking for several hours a day and keeping up your speed and accuracy. The nice part about the job was being always on the move and pushing yourself to reach higher goals.
normal warehouse
Picker/Loader (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYDecember 29, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
a typical day would be starting at 415am and end at 315pm mon-thurs. unless you are in overtime then its the same hours but mon-sat. and at the time i had a brand new baby and was a single mom. i learned that nothing comes easy and you have to work hard for whats most important. the management was alright, could have been a lot easier on the newer employees in the beginning. most people that worked there was fairly nice, however others were very drama oriented and rude. the hardest part was being on my feet 6 days a week for 10-11 hours a day. the most enjoyable part was the privacy of most.
Love the co-workers
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, CODecember 28, 2014
My co-workers were amazing and the environment was awesome! If you are knowledgeable about the wilderness than this is the place for you!
Enjoyable and Ever Changing Environment
Online Promotion and Marking Specialist (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYDecember 9, 2014
A typical day at work involves looking at Sales an Margin and planning out the following days to meet goals set forth by Management. I have learned may skills such as inter and external communication skills, Inventory Management, Marketing Strategies, and a Robust Knowledge of Excel functions to yield the correct information we need in order to analysis data for future projections.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COSeptember 24, 2014
I enjoy working at Sierra, but unable to get 'full-time' status and benefits but I am working full-time hours.
This company truly cares about their employees
Customer Service & Web Representative (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: prayer room, paid full benefits (when i was there)
Cons: a bit of a drive to get there.
This company truly cares about their employees and provides fair compensation.
pretty good
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: safe, good work load, good benifits
Cons: warehouseing gets repetitve
i cant say much but it is warehousing and its by nature very repetitive and you will go ster crazy if your not use to repetitive work
repetitive
Order Filler (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYNovember 4, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: it stinks
I worked in the warehouse, order filling department, and the receiving department. I loved working in the receiving department, that was fun. For order filling I worked my tail off to get the most orders filled acuratly in the least amount of time and received compensation up to $13.50 (highest paying job I received in my life so far). Until I turned a corner too fast and twisted my knee. I was put on light duty and given a task with little tools to do the job. I did an excellent job with the tools that I had, but was told it was taking too long, I seeked help from maintenance for better supplies to do my job faster and then was told it wasn't good enough. Then my supervisor asked if I took the job seriously and I was furious! He knew from the time I began there till the time I ended that I was constantly improving my work. Going faster, working harder, becoming relied on for various warehouse duties, thinking smarter. I even came up with ideas that he implemented to make the order filling to other store departments faster. He took all the credit for my idea however and did not acknowledge it to his boss. In the beginning of this job we received free benefits! By the end they have taken our free benefits away and charged us for our chosen benefits, making it the least paying warehouse job in Cheyenne. Lowes and Walmart distribution make more money starting. Typical day, repetitive! Pick up order, grab order items, put in cart, send cart to shipping. repeat. I moved to receiving for a while and I loved it! At least I got to use my brain more in receiving and even improved my receiving scores! However the economy hit and I had to take my job back in order filling (which also explains the lost benefits).
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYNovember 3, 2013
Pros: people i worked with
Cons: leadership was terrible
Early morning hours. Lots of overtime. I learned a lot about merchandise and what materials they are made of.
Great people to work with
E-mail / Chat specialist (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: great people to work with; always looking to help out.
Cons: the chronic shopper, with numerous returns and credits.
STP is very conscious of their customers and the people that work for them. Outstanding customer service, bar non. As a chat / email specialist, you get to assist people with their problems and it is great when you get praise back from them. Sometimes, that doesn't always happen, but you have to realize that is how some people are.
excellent holiday temp program
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYAugust 20, 2013
STP is by far a great cheerful place to work during their holiday seasonal term. fun and creative work place with freat co workers. overall happy environtment and atmosphere.
Fun and Productive place to work
3rd Shift stocking lead (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYMarch 8, 2013
I have worked with Sierra Tranding Post for over four years and have had a great time learning and growing with many coworkers.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cheyenne WYMarch 1, 2013
Pros: great values and good pay
Cons: short breaks and lunches
Great place to work, great people to work for and this company has great values. Customer's are great to deal with on most days and the company is very customer friendly. However the company was recently purchased by TJ Max and things may change in the future, but I had a great time working there.
customer service rep at a call center
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: learned to have patients and good customer service skills
Cons: dealing with upset customers and trying to make them happy
my daily tasks were taking incoming calls from customers who had place an internet order, and either has a problem with their order, questions about their order, assisting them on the return process, tracking lost orders, and processing there orders. What I learned about this job was patients, sometimes there would be upset customers, and even though you had nothing to do with their order they still take it out on you and the only thing you can do is have patients, and do whatever it takes to solve the problem and make the customer happy. The hardest part of my job has to be dealing with upset customers.
Many great perks
Former order filler & packer (Former Employee), Cheyenne,WYDecember 6, 2012
Pros: company discount was fantastic! the bonuses, picnic & christmas celebrations were also fantastic.
Cons: short breaks, favoritism, hard to get promoted.
If you are an order filler it's hard work. Trying to maintain a daily/weekly quota walking on a concrete floor all day is tough. I felt there was ALOT of favoritism in that area. Packing orders was a completely different story-it was fun position. The main 2 managers were wonderful- dept. supervisor was not! As stated earlier-walking on concrete 10+ hours a day is not easy or fun when you go home with swollen sore feet and legs. Tried so many types of shoes and inserts to no avail. Standing in to pack orders was much better-of course you have the padded mats but this position was truly so much better. I enjoyed the people-most very easy to work with.
Competitive pay
2nd Shift Single Items Packing (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYNovember 6, 2012
Pros: competative pay
Cons: family life vs 2nd shift hours
2nd shift was from 3:40 p.m. to 12:20 a.m. Every packer had their own station to wok in. As a singles packer, a large majority of what I packed were shoes. I had an area where the order pullers would drop off 3 or 4 shelved carts with product. I packed one cart at a time, which consisted of scanning the pick ticket with an RF scanner to bring up order and customer information on my work computer. Then verify that the order pulled matched the information on the computer. Print out an invoice address and return label. While those things were printing I had to package the order. If it was shoes/boots then they were put into thier respective bags. If it was other types of items, they were put into the right size box. I had to do this job quickly and accurately. To complete the order, the invoice, return label and any possible inserts had to be in the box or bag with the item and the address label affixed to the outside of the package. I stayed at a level 6 pay rate for 2 years, my items out per hour had to stay at 96 or above per hour. I recieved many accuracy awards, my highest was for 52 weeks error free. I enjoyed this job because the pay was excellant and the benefits package was one of the best offered in that town at the time. I would often agree to be there for volunmtary overtime but during the holiday seasons overtime would be mandatory. The only part I didn't like about this job was the amount of time I couldn't be home with my son. My work hours vs his school hours meant we spent time together on the weekends but it was nice that I did have every Friday and Saturday off.
Easy to work, good work enviorment
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYAugust 13, 2012
Pros: flexible hours and indoors
Cons: short breaks and bad benefits
It was a easy to work, I had a fairly good time with my co-workers.
Very productive
Returns Processor (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJune 29, 2012
It is very productive and fun environment to work in. Had different challenges everyday.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJune 15, 2012
Good place to work, really nice people and good management, but no health benefits.

About Sierra Trading Post

Sierra Trading Post is counting on you trading in your hard-earned cash for a pair of waterproof hiking boots or a brand new wetsuit. – Read more