Sierra Trading Post Employee Reviews in United States

Great job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 18, 2016
Great company to work for. Great benefits, Great environment, Great employees,and the work is moderate as far as "hard labor". Pay is based on your performance so, earn what you put forth.
Pros
pay
Cons
Great as long as you can handle stress
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 15, 2016
Must customers are great and very understanding. We have some sweet ladies call in and place orders over the phone and customers who call because of a mix up or accident. Most of them are very understanding and still can be nice when I fix the problem. There however are some rude ones though that yell from the begging and calm down after seeing what you are willing to do and how you are trying to help. Management is good and they are very willing to help in any confusing case. The co-workers here are amazing and sweet, we are like a big family.
Pros
The job
Cons
Some of the customers
A good temporary job while I start my career.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 20, 2016
I am in charge of the everyday dealings with the customers. It is my job to handle sales and returns. I also fix computing problems from time to time when glitches occur. While working here I learned how to be respectful to all kinds of people and how to deal with them in a positive manner if they have an issue. The most enjoyable part of the job is selling map-like goods because I have a passion for maps. The hardest part of the job is trying to get enough hours of work in as I would like to.
Pros
Very easy job to do.
Cons
Short breaks and no health care.
Good place to work, good hourly wage and flexible hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 24, 2016
Everyday I would arrive at 10am or before, most of the time our freight had already arrived so I would be able to jump right into my work. Friendly environment, minimal distractions, management is helpful and fun.
Pros
Flexible hours, good starting pay.
Cons
Lack of work at certain times of the year.
Overall great experience
QUALITY ASSURANCE (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 21, 2016
Sierra Trading Post provided an overall great work experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you work with. The hardest part was seeing favoritism in management, and being told to do one thing one day and then told the exact opposite on another day and having to go back and undo the work you already did.
Pros
Great people, benefits, great corporate Monday-Friday hours
Cons
Favoritism, not feeling appreciated.
Productive workplace with great people
Retail Inventory Planner (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 19, 2016
The people in this job make it enjoyable while the work often becomes redundant and tedious. However it is a corporate cube job with lots of growth opportunity.
Pros
Relaxed management
Cons
Entry level pay - expected.
Not too bad, as retailers go.
Retail Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 1, 2016
Good team, reasonable management, pleasant environment.
Pay slightly above average for retail.
Products are high quality at discount prices.
Customers are interesting and mostly friendly.
Inventory Specialisty
Inventory Specialist & Admin Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be very busy from 7 am to 4 pm. Consisting of various tasks. Reconciling vendor accounts, processing payments, and handing internal discrepancies. This job was very rewarding to me. I worked with little to no supervision and completed all tasks required of me.
Pros
close knit environment
Cons
close knit environment
Great Place!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYJune 14, 2015
Very friendly people, working for an awesome company. I'd work there again in a heartbeat. Great benefits with great hours.
Pros
discounts on goods
Cons
Young company with growing pains
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTApril 26, 2016
Great company for advancement however they have many growing pains to iron out. You will not have a job description or written procedures but you can easily make a name for yourself.
Ok place to work
Email Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 1, 2016
The benefits are great and the management overall is good. The upper management does not work with the staff as well as they should.
fun place to work
receiver (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 23, 2016
normal daily routine, gained a little knowledge on the computer ,co workers nice to work with. the hardest part of the job is getting the job done,, working as a receiver..
Fun, enjoyable atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 30, 2015
The moment you come in to work, you put on the headset and start taking those calls. You can talk to people anywhere from the United States to Canada to Europe.

I learned time management. Every customer is just as important as the next or the last. My co-workers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was a cranky customer. But you begin to put yourself in their shoes and you make the customer happy by going the extra mile and still maintaining a good tone in voice with no hints of frustration or anger.
Great people to work with
E-mail / Chat specialist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 17, 2013
STP is very conscious of their customers and the people that work for them. Outstanding customer service, bar non. As a chat / email specialist, you get to assist people with their problems and it is great when you get praise back from them. Sometimes, that doesn't always happen, but you have to realize that is how some people are.
Pros
great people to work with; always looking to help out.
Cons
the chronic shopper, with numerous returns and credits.
Close knit workplace of good people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 23, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at the company, and have made a lot of good friends in the process, as well as gaining a wealth of knowledge about a vast number of workplace activities.
Pros
Good pay, caring environment
normal warehouse
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 29, 2014
a typical day would be starting at 415am and end at 315pm mon-thurs. unless you are in overtime then its the same hours but mon-sat. and at the time i had a brand new baby and was a single mom. i learned that nothing comes easy and you have to work hard for whats most important. the management was alright, could have been a lot easier on the newer employees in the beginning. most people that worked there was fairly nice, however others were very drama oriented and rude. the hardest part was being on my feet 6 days a week for 10-11 hours a day. the most enjoyable part was the privacy of most.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
great management, good people, and good pay.
Order Filling (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne WyomingMarch 22, 2015
Typical work day includes clocking in and instantly start working because at this job time is money. Every second your not putting orders out your loosing money. Your pay is based on numbers you pull for the day and the shipping departments confirm. Not only did I do just my job but, if the orders where projected low for the day or week, I would work in receiving, shipping, and packing departments. management there is great they are always their to help when your numbers are low or you need more hours or you just need help. They have an open door policy that makes it very easy to see them when needed. Most enjoyable part of the job is the management, and the people.
Pros
managment, learned how differnt departments operated, and full time.
Cons
never stedy pay, and sometimes vary physically demanding.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 24, 2014
I enjoy working at Sierra, but unable to get 'full-time' status and benefits but I am working full-time hours.
This company truly cares about their employees
Customer Service & Web Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 18, 2014
This company truly cares about their employees and provides fair compensation.
Pros
prayer room, paid full benefits (when i was there)
Cons
a bit of a drive to get there.
pretty good
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 2, 2014
i cant say much but it is warehousing and its by nature very repetitive and you will go ster crazy if your not use to repetitive work
Pros
safe, good work load, good benifits
Cons
warehouseing gets repetitve