Sierra Trading Post

Sierra Trading Post Employee Reviews

Great Place!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cody, WYJune 14, 2015
Pros: discounts on goods
Cons: None
Very friendly people, working for an awesome company. I'd work there again in a heartbeat. Great benefits with great hours.
Great Place to Work
IT Support Manager (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYJune 3, 2015
Typical day and weather in Cheyenne
Great work environment
Management is great
I really enjoy working for Sierra Trading Post
great management, good people, and good pay.
Order Filling (Former Employee), Cheyenne WyomingMarch 22, 2015
Pros: managment, learned how differnt departments operated, and full time.
Cons: never stedy pay, and sometimes vary physically demanding.
Typical work day includes clocking in and instantly start working because at this job time is money. Every second your not putting orders out your loosing money. Your pay is based on numbers you pull for the day and the shipping departments confirm. Not only did I do just my job but, if the orders where projected low for the day or week, I would work in receiving, shipping, and packing departments. management there is great they are always their to help when your numbers are low or you need more hours or you just need help. They have an open door policy that makes it very easy to see them when needed. Most enjoyable part of the job is the management, and the people.
Very Great work environment
Stocker (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: working independently
Cons: tons of o.t.
I loved my job at Sierra. It feels great to work somewhere that recognizes your hard work. It was always a new experience everyday.
Easy job, ideal for a student
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: flexable scheduling
Cons: so low tech that all of your goals in terms of sales and department growth will be qualitative.
Work well with school schedule, however management is extremely low tech (operating system for their Point of Sales system is slow, buggy, and crashes at least once a month), especially with scheduling. (often done 48 hours before posted) They will not give you full 8 hour shifts, expect 20 min breaks on 7 to 7-1/2 hour shifts. Training provided to new employees is minimal to non existent. Most upper – more... management is not aware of the monthly numbers related to their department in terms of margins, growth rate, and current dollar amounts. This information is held in regards to the store as a whole which can make focusing on your departments goals extremely difficult. Overall however, most people who work their are extremely enjoyable to work with and are down to earth people. Which makes up for the typical short comings related to a retail work place environment. – less
Great Place to Work
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 4, 2015
Sierra Trading Post is a great place to work. The health bennefits are fantastic and the staff is great. There is a lot of room for growth within the company which makes is very motivational.
A really great work environment with great people.
Order Puller (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: access to a nice break room. food and drinks sold
Cons: breaks unevenly spread out.
Great company with a fast paced environment. Managers worked with me with my limited availability. Co-workers had a team spirit and were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was standing and walking for several hours a day and keeping up your speed and accuracy. The nice part about the job was being always on the move and pushing yourself to reach higher goals.
normal warehouse
Picker/Loader (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYDecember 29, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
a typical day would be starting at 415am and end at 315pm mon-thurs. unless you are in overtime then its the same hours but mon-sat. and at the time i had a brand new baby and was a single mom. i learned that nothing comes easy and you have to work hard for whats most important. the management was alright, could have been a lot easier on the newer employees in the beginning. most people that worked there was fairly nice, however others were very drama oriented and rude. the hardest part was being on my feet 6 days a week for 10-11 hours a day. the most enjoyable part was the privacy of most.
Love the co-workers
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, CODecember 28, 2014
My co-workers were amazing and the environment was awesome! If you are knowledgeable about the wilderness than this is the place for you!
Enjoyable and Ever Changing Environment
Online Promotion and Marking Specialist (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYDecember 9, 2014
A typical day at work involves looking at Sales an Margin and planning out the following days to meet goals set forth by Management. I have learned may skills such as inter and external communication skills, Inventory Management, Marketing Strategies, and a Robust Knowledge of Excel functions to yield the correct information we need in order to analysis data for future projections.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COSeptember 24, 2014
I enjoy working at Sierra, but unable to get 'full-time' status and benefits but I am working full-time hours.
This company truly cares about their employees
Customer Service & Web Representative (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: prayer room, paid full benefits (when i was there)
Cons: a bit of a drive to get there.
This company truly cares about their employees and provides fair compensation.
pretty good
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: safe, good work load, good benifits
Cons: warehouseing gets repetitve
i cant say much but it is warehousing and its by nature very repetitive and you will go ster crazy if your not use to repetitive work
repetitive
Order Filler (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYNovember 4, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: it stinks
I worked in the warehouse, order filling department, and the receiving department. I loved working in the receiving department, that was fun. For order filling I worked my tail off to get the most orders filled acuratly in the least amount of time and received compensation up to $13.50 (highest paying job I received in my life so far). Until I turned a corner too fast and twisted my knee. I was put – more... on light duty and given a task with little tools to do the job. I did an excellent job with the tools that I had, but was told it was taking too long, I seeked help from maintenance for better supplies to do my job faster and then was told it wasn't good enough. Then my supervisor asked if I took the job seriously and I was furious! He knew from the time I began there till the time I ended that I was constantly improving my work. Going faster, working harder, becoming relied on for various warehouse duties, thinking smarter. I even came up with ideas that he implemented to make the order filling to other store departments faster. He took all the credit for my idea however and did not acknowledge it to his boss. In the beginning of this job we received free benefits! By the end they have taken our free benefits away and charged us for our chosen benefits, making it the least paying warehouse job in Cheyenne. Lowes and Walmart distribution make more money starting. Typical day, repetitive! Pick up order, grab order items, put in cart, send cart to shipping. repeat. I moved to receiving for a while and I loved it! At least I got to use my brain more in receiving and even improved my receiving scores! However the economy hit and I had to take my job back in order filling (which also explains the lost benefits). – less
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYNovember 3, 2013
Pros: people i worked with
Cons: leadership was terrible
Early morning hours. Lots of overtime. I learned a lot about merchandise and what materials they are made of.
Great people to work with
E-mail / Chat specialist (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: great people to work with; always looking to help out.
Cons: the chronic shopper, with numerous returns and credits.
STP is very conscious of their customers and the people that work for them. Outstanding customer service, bar non. As a chat / email specialist, you get to assist people with their problems and it is great when you get praise back from them. Sometimes, that doesn't always happen, but you have to realize that is how some people are.
excellent holiday temp program
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYAugust 20, 2013
STP is by far a great cheerful place to work during their holiday seasonal term. fun and creative work place with freat co workers. overall happy environtment and atmosphere.
Fun and Productive place to work
3rd Shift stocking lead (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYMarch 8, 2013
I have worked with Sierra Tranding Post for over four years and have had a great time learning and growing with many coworkers.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cheyenne WYMarch 1, 2013
Pros: great values and good pay
Cons: short breaks and lunches
Great place to work, great people to work for and this company has great values. Customer's are great to deal with on most days and the company is very customer friendly. However the company was recently purchased by TJ Max and things may change in the future, but I had a great time working there.
customer service rep at a call center
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: learned to have patients and good customer service skills
Cons: dealing with upset customers and trying to make them happy
my daily tasks were taking incoming calls from customers who had place an internet order, and either has a problem with their order, questions about their order, assisting them on the return process, tracking lost orders, and processing there orders. What I learned about this job was patients, sometimes there would be upset customers, and even though you had nothing to do with their order they still take it out on you and the only thing you can do is have patients, and do whatever it takes to solve the problem and make the customer happy. The hardest part of my job has to be dealing with upset customers.

About Sierra Trading Post

Sierra Trading Post is counting on you trading in your hard-earned cash for a pair of waterproof hiking boots or a brand new wetsuit. – Read more

Sierra Trading Post Salaries