Sierra Trading Post Employee Reviews

Good for a college job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 4, 2017
A retail job is generally just that, a retail job. Sierra Trading Post was an average work experience to be had, but they had a lot of issues while being purchased by TJMaxx that created cultural clash and left many employees disgruntled.
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 3, 2017
All my jobs busy, people skills, how to manage my work and meet deadlines, professional, meeting deadline, to see people happy and lunch/w co workers.
Pros
Fun job items I had to sell. We did get to go home early when business was slow.
Cons
This was a part-time job, I didn't have any negative
Easygoing place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 1, 2017
The only part that is stressful is dealing with customers accustomed to the outdated policies of the stores such as a lenient return policy.
Pros
Free lunches around holiday time
Cons
no set schedule, it always changes around
Great benefits
Retail Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 8, 2017
This is a great company to work for with a solid benefits package and room for growth. The company is undergoing a lot of changes so could equate to growth within the company.
Pros
Benefits, culture
Great Holiday Income
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 20, 2017
At Sierra Trading Post, I was hired on to be seasonal and from they time I was there, I was almost at level three. It's a super easy laid back job and great money for the holidays.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
A lot of walking
Easy going
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 15, 2017
I was a customer service representative. The pay was good, (started at $11 per hour with routine raises). Dealing with people all day can become stressful, but co-workers and management are very helpful with questions and are understanding. Full-time employees receive good benefits as well, like plenty of paid time off, insurance, as well as various discounts both in-store and at other locations.
Pros
Benefits, great environment, pay
Cons
rude customers
Nice place to work for benefits
Customer Service Representative, Cody Call Center (Current Employee) –  Cody, WYOctober 28, 2016
You are required to sit at a cubicle and answer the phone to handle orders and or complaints. I learned that most of the time if the customer feels you are trying to help them they are nice and reasonable. My view of management is a mixed bag, some do a really good job and some don't. Overall the atmosphere is pretty nice. Coworkers try to help each other. The hardest part of the job is being tied to your desk and phone for 8 hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is to build rapport with customers and co-workers.
Pros
benefits are awesome
Cons
short breaks, having to sign in and out of phone for everything including personal needs breaks.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Cody, WYSeptember 8, 2016
Co-workers are fun loving and easy to get along with. Always something to do and never a dull moment. Customers come from all over due to the stores location.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Operations Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 27, 2016
A typical day of work would consist of processing freight, helping customers on the floor, and filling customers orders as we received them. I learned how to use our in-house computer system, how to use a pallet jack, and how to process freight in the way Sierra Trading Post wanted. Management was fun, but not incredibly productive. My co-workers for the most part were a joy to work with, although I did have problems with a few people which made working harder. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unkind customers and trying to not be frustrated by other departments speed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the secluded nature of the job. Being on a different floor than the customers made it very enjoyable to be at work and reduced the stress felt greatly.
Pros
30% Employee Discount.
Cons
Short Breaks, Small chance of Promotion
Productive and great family friendly work place
Retail Inventory Planner (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 23, 2016
I truly love my job and work place. Change is inevitable and I have loved watching this company grow. Sierra has given me the opportunity to learn and grow so much professionally.
Ok place to work
Email Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 1, 2016
The benefits are great and the management overall is good. The upper management does not work with the staff as well as they should.
Overall great experience
QUALITY ASSURANCE (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 21, 2016
Sierra Trading Post provided an overall great work experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you work with. The hardest part was seeing favoritism in management, and being told to do one thing one day and then told the exact opposite on another day and having to go back and undo the work you already did.
Pros
Great people, benefits, great corporate Monday-Friday hours
Cons
Favoritism, not feeling appreciated.
Young company with growing pains
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTApril 26, 2016
Great company for advancement however they have many growing pains to iron out. You will not have a job description or written procedures but you can easily make a name for yourself.
A good temporary job while I start my career.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 20, 2016
I am in charge of the everyday dealings with the customers. It is my job to handle sales and returns. I also fix computing problems from time to time when glitches occur. While working here I learned how to be respectful to all kinds of people and how to deal with them in a positive manner if they have an issue. The most enjoyable part of the job is selling map-like goods because I have a passion for maps. The hardest part of the job is trying to get enough hours of work in as I would like to.
Pros
Very easy job to do.
Cons
Short breaks and no health care.
Good place to work, good hourly wage and flexible hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 24, 2016
Everyday I would arrive at 10am or before, most of the time our freight had already arrived so I would be able to jump right into my work. Friendly environment, minimal distractions, management is helpful and fun.
Pros
Flexible hours, good starting pay.
Cons
Lack of work at certain times of the year.
Great as long as you can handle stress
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 15, 2016
Must customers are great and very understanding. We have some sweet ladies call in and place orders over the phone and customers who call because of a mix up or accident. Most of them are very understanding and still can be nice when I fix the problem. There however are some rude ones though that yell from the begging and calm down after seeing what you are willing to do and how you are trying to help. Management is good and they are very willing to help in any confusing case. The co-workers here are amazing and sweet, we are like a big family.
Pros
The job
Cons
Some of the customers
Not too bad, as retailers go.
Retail Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 1, 2016
Good team, reasonable management, pleasant environment.
Pay slightly above average for retail.
Products are high quality at discount prices.
Customers are interesting and mostly friendly.
Productive workplace with great people
Retail Inventory Planner (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 19, 2016
The people in this job make it enjoyable while the work often becomes redundant and tedious. However it is a corporate cube job with lots of growth opportunity.
Pros
Relaxed management
Cons
Entry level pay - expected.
Inventory Specialisty
Inventory Specialist & Admin Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be very busy from 7 am to 4 pm. Consisting of various tasks. Reconciling vendor accounts, processing payments, and handing internal discrepancies. This job was very rewarding to me. I worked with little to no supervision and completed all tasks required of me.
Pros
close knit environment
Cons
close knit environment
fun place to work
receiver (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 23, 2016
normal daily routine, gained a little knowledge on the computer ,co workers nice to work with. the hardest part of the job is getting the job done,, working as a receiver..
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sierra Trading Post. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2