Sierra View District Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and lucrative career
Medical Records Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Medical Records in the basementFebruary 9, 2016
Working at the hospital was a rewarding and lucrative career. The staff and management were fair and helpful to a certain extent. I really enjoyed working there, less a resolve or two. I would recommend an applicant to apply to work there as well, and thank-you.
Pros
Christmas Bonus, certificate of achievement, health benefits.
Cons
Management ladder arrangement/Resolve
Small town hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJanuary 22, 2016
I had the pleasure of working at this hospital for 10 years. It is a small hospital which can have limited resources with forces you to be creative with what you have to work with.
maintain a 167 bed hospital and all associated buildings by my self at night.
Facilities Plant Engineer "B" (Current Employee) –  465 W. Putnam Ave. Porterville, Ca. 93257October 12, 2015
I maintain everything that does not touch a patient. (i.e) Electrical, plumbing, heating, HVAC, beds, wheelchairs, gurneys, televisions, fire systems, alarms, emergency lighting and equipment, etc. The plant engineers like myself make rounds on all equipment. Take calls that use the T.M.S. work order system. We support the staff in every imaginable way. Our goal is to maintain the safest and most dependable environment for our staff and guest.
Pros
Working to make the happiest hospital a person can go to.
Cons
Sometimes long hours and personal sacrifice is required to get the job done with no requite.
Learned so much working at Sierra View District Hospital
Certified Coding Associate (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJune 26, 2015
I am blessed to have worked for such a great organization, with excellent managers. I first started out as a file clerk in the medical records department, and quickly advanced to an Outpatient Medical Coder. I was responsible for coding radiology and interventional radiology procedures. I had a quota to meet of 300 accounts a day and always met it. I worked closely with the physicians on a daily basis getting all completed documentation completed and signed to complete the medical record guidelines. I worked closely with the patient accounting on a daily basis getting them the proper information the needed to bill the claim. I ran monthly reports and had to explain why unpaid claims werent paid, and what I needed to get them finalized. I has the chance to advance to an inpatient coder, and was coding in paitent charts, working towards a Certified Coding Specialist certification, I learned all HIPPA guidelines, and became a HIPPA officer, and would educate new hires, on the importance of patient confidentiality. I learned so much working here, and was given the chance to advance, in my career.
Pros
ability to advance and learn more
Environment was good until they hired department director that was incompetent
RN INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAMay 3, 2015
I worked with multiple doctors and interventional radiologists when I first started but after 1 1/2 years they contracted with 1 interventional radiologist who was very good. Learning with him was easy and he was very competent. The other staff who were rad techs were good to work with and helped make a good team during procedures. The hardest part of the job was trying to make the newest director understand how things worked at the time and that the employees that she hired were not very productive. I left this position to pursue other areas of nursing outside of the hospital. During the time I worked in the or I really enjoyed this job although the overtime and on call hours were more than I wanted. The last or director I worked under was not productive in her endeavors and did not listen to the staff in the or setting.
Pros
ABILITY TO WORK WITH OTHERS IN DIFFERENT FIELD AND OTHER DEPARTMENTS IN A HOSPITAL SETTING
Cons
NEED BACK UP OF PERSONS YOU WORK WITH AND WORK FOR IN THIS POSITION
Wonderful place to work.
HIM Informatics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAMarch 23, 2015
Plenty of opportunities to grow with this hospital. Great staff to work with, and good working environment. Some management personnel could use some communication skills improvement, but overall a nice place to work, in a small community.
Great learning experience and friendly, and knowledgeable staff.
Student Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJune 30, 2014
A typical day of work would consist of receiving report of assigned patients, collaborating with nurses and physicians regarding the plan of care, providing care to the patients, utilizing the nursing process, and maintaining patient safety throughout shift. I learned clinical skills such as insertion of foley catheters, NG tubes, and IV's. Also initiated IV therapy as well as medication administration. Was supervised by the RN instructor and received high marks on evaluation of skills and performance. Co-workers were friendly, knowledgeable, and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was communicating with physicians, but overcame that by reminding myself that we were all part of the health and well-being of the patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was building a therapeutic relationship with my patients and being able to provide the care they needed and deserved.
Pros
great learning experience, always something new to learn, friendly staff
Cons
no pay
Needs massive management overhaul at all levels and management training. HR is terrible.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  465 w putnam porterville ca 93257April 24, 2014
Management is a mess. To many managers (interim or long timers with no experience out of the hospital. Working as a consultand, was promised a job and then never considered.
Patient Access Clerk (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAMarch 10, 2014
enjoyable, i was able to utilized my office skills, working as team player with my co-workers always helpful, the hardest part of the job was the flexible shift, and hours, the most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity of cultures being able to help others is my pleasure learning new ideas and inspiration to be my best. i believe that there is always room for improvement.
Pros
freedom to work with others
Cons
short breaks or no breaks
4/5 Stars
LVN Distinct Skilled Facility (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CaliforniaJanuary 31, 2014
Great company and management. I needed to move to another city or I would still be working here.
Health Information Technology
Certified Coding Associate (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJanuary 20, 2014
This job was excellent. It was so interesting and I learned something new every day. My managers were such a pleasure to work for and made our jobs very rewarding.
Okay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CADecember 19, 2013
Overall I enjoyed my employment at SVDH. I learned a lot in my 11 years there.
7 stars!
Patient Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CANovember 12, 2013
If I had to write a review for each position I held at the hospital I would have to write 5 reviews. Each review would be positive. I had the best experiece working at the hospital. I still have not found a place as nice to work for as them:)
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
I enjoyed working here I just wish the department directors treated everyone better
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAApril 23, 2013
I worked here for almost 3 years and I loved it until things started changing with new staff coming in and new department directors taking over and then it turned into if you didnt kiss there butts you got the raw deal
Great atmosphere to be a part of.
Patient Accounting Clerk/Representative (Former Employee) –  Porterville CADecember 26, 2012
Sierra view District Hospital is a pleasant place to work; employees are very friendly and helpful. The benefits are great and the work atmosphere makes it a great place to be a part of.
Room for advancement
Health Information Management Specialist I (Former Employee) –  porterville caOctober 21, 2012
worked as a receptionist. Very fast pace..the staff their is very friendly!
An Enjoyable and gaining experience
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAAugust 27, 2012
My day would start off by stocking my tray with all the necessary equiment i would need throughout the day, such as needles, syringes, and etc.. There would either be ER stat orders already printed out which i would than get and go to ER and start drawing patients. There were sometimes that another phlebotomist was already in ER so than i would either take outstanding orders for the floors (which can include OB, telementary, med surg, ICU and subacute) and i would check the computer to see if any were pending as well. If there were no draws in either ER or the floors than i would go to the microbiology department and assist the CLS by placing specimens in blood agar plates or in other means to better help grow bacteria so the CLS can identify which bacteria is present. I also would assist on running the urine specimens as well so that the results would be reported faster. There would be some co-workers that did not perform well and at times it would make the job seem stressful but I would perform to the best that i could while keeping a steady pace so that results would be able to come back quickly. The night and evening shifts were always the busiest and there are less phlebotomists scheduled to work so at times i understood when the other phlebotomist was slowing working. The hardest part of the job mostly was the management it self. There were times i was the only phlebotomist that was on because of a call in and when i asked for help the supervisor would seem upset. So i would than communicate with ER and all the floors to let them know that i would be the only one on and  more... if they needed a stat draw to better page. i would also ask the nurses and unit clerks to take the specimens down to the lab for me so that they can recieve the results quicker because i had other draws i had to do. The most i enjoyed about the job was the people i worked with such as the CLSs and the nurses and doctors they always seemed to realize my hard work. I also enjoyed the patients especially the ones that were often afraid of needles, i would talk to them and assure them that i would be as gental as i possibly could and that i was accurate on my needle sticks. I also enjoyed the experience of working in an hopsital where i was able to be apart of tramas and cold blues and assist in CPR. I wouldnt change my experience with working at Sierra View Hospital i gain so much.  less
Pros
working in all departments
Cons
management in labortory
productive work place with lots of room for advancement
Patient Registration (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJuly 16, 2012
co-workers are very friendly and patient while training, the managers are great and they really listen to your opinions, hardest part was learning all the paper work for each admission, but very enjoyable people.
Pros
low cost lunch
one of the best places
UNIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  porterville caJuly 6, 2012
overall great hospital to work at
tuition program
flex schedule
great nurses and doctors
great experience
RN First Assist, Surgery (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJune 18, 2012
Great learning environment, wonderful teamwork, and great overall experience.