Sierra Vista Child And Family Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
great place to work
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 18, 2016
sierra vista employees work hard to benefit community. I enjoy my work with clients and staff. great company to work for.
Situated for success in challenging environment
Director of Marketing and Fund Development (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 11, 2016
A wonderful CEO who understood my role and supported my efforts. A great leadership team that worked well together with each demonstrating expertise in their area. The mission is compelling and the programs vital.

The most enjoyable part of the job was developing relationships with donors and others in the community who supported the organization's mission. Through special events, major giving, planned giving, and other efforts there were challenges but tremendous volunteer involvement.

The hardest part of the job came with the recession and its toll on the area (one of the hardest-hit in the nation). Yet it was satisfying to know that the organization successfully increased its fundraising income unabated.
Pros
Leadership team and volunteers
Cons
Area suffered greatly in recession
Great organization to work for.
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 14, 2015
SVCFS is a fantastic agency that is truly benefiting the Stanislaus county community. They have many programs that truly support the county. A con is that there is a large disconnect between upper management and individual offices.
Great, caring, and professional company.
Instructional Aide/Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 11, 2012
Wondeful,organized, professional daily routine. Staff's ability to support one another was awesome. Students and staff were friendly.
People easy to work with
Intern (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 14, 2012
While working there, I felt very comfortable with all of my co-workers. My manager was very friendly and helpful when I had any questions.
Pros
own office, friendly people, great management
Relaxed yet productive work environment
Clinician Trainee/Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 1, 2012
A typical day would include making home visit to clients that were referred to us. I would see at least one counseling client per day as well as help direct walk-in clients to the resources they were looking for.
Chidren and Families
Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 12, 2012
This agency provides a great range of services to the community. I most enjoyed working and getting to know the families our program served. I did not however like the lack of support and knowledge from the management team.
I was with the agency for 6 years and although I did gain experience and advance in my career, it was sad to see that not every employee is treated equal. In my opinion, if you are considering working for this agency, keep to yourself. Keep in mind why you are there and make children and the families your priority. If you try to form friendships, be ready for drama and gossip .
Pros
working with great families
Cons
gossip, personality conflicts