Sig Sauer Employee Reviews

The company makes some great products
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NHOctober 19, 2017
Life expectancy for new employees is 2 years. Don’t get comfortable working for them. They make great products but lacking employee support for careers.
N/a
Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, AROctober 15, 2017
The typical day at work at Sig sauer is fast paced. I learned how to operate a powder check machine and the shaker machine. The hardest part about the job was meeting daily quota.
very productive
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHOctober 2, 2017
I learned everything there is to know about guns as a whole. The hardest part of the job is the time you have to arrive at work, but it is easy to adapt to. The most rewarding part of the job is consistently finishing jobs in a timely manner. I also enjoy all of my coworkers as it is important to get along in an assembly line.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
Your Worst Nightmare
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newington, NH 03801July 19, 2017
Without a doubt the worst place I've ever worked. If you like atrocious management maybe this is the place for you. Also, there are about 10% of the people working their butts off while the others walk around. No chance for advancement and being lied to to your face is normal. I felt like a slave while I was there, all they care is about numbers and absolutely nothing else. How did this company get a government contract, I honestly have no clue. They don't deserve it!!
Pros
Some co-workers
Cons
Management, everything else
dont work here
CNC Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHJuly 5, 2017
bad management is the biggest issue i had with sig sauer. You also never have a feeling of job security because all they do is lay off thier employees.
Pros
cafe
Cons
managment
Dont work here
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New HampshireJune 25, 2017
Sig Sauer demonstrates the worst absolute most demeaning leadership and management I've ever worked for since the reason why I left this company they lay off too many people and they're not good to their employees at all. Managers trash talk workers!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great facility, dysfunctional management.
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHJune 3, 2017
Cyclical demand means they need to flex the workforce. First reaction to a drop in demand is to layoff employees. Managers are less than professional.
Pros
Great facility & equipment
Cons
Lack of job security
overall experience poor
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 31, 2017
not very motivated to explain
treat their employees like numbers
disregard for loyal employees and would rather "lay off" full time employees rather then reduce temp agency placements
Pros
start with promises
Cons
dismiss without conscious, or production experience
Warning
Temporary machine operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARMay 21, 2017
Here in Arkansas is where they have favoritism in the work place. They don't investigate no type of problems on the job . They just get rid of the person they don't like Also, they stand over the employees like they on some type of plantation or something. But of course, they have a bunch of immature young people that's running this place. I give it until next year, they will be shutting their doors. some of the management is walking around chewing tobacco and spitting every 5 mins.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
40 hours and off on Fridays
Unfairly laid off
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHMay 16, 2017
Don't get me wrong... I liked working here.. my co-workers were great...

I was unfairly and unjustly laid off.. I was singled out. My supervisor played favorites and clearly I wasn't one of them. I asked to learn different areas of my job and my supervisor said no.. someone else asked and he bent over backwards to make it happen... everyone else was getting perks... except me... they kept temp employees over me.. I wasn't a bad worker... i was very knowledgeable and was praised by the head supervisor often.. but my direct supervisor played favorites and it was obvious..

Be careful working here.. you gotta kiss butt to get anywhere.. I don't kiss butt that's why I'm gone.. you gotta stroke their ego... supervisors and higher ups will find reasons to get rid of you.
Pros
Good pay.. good co-workers... free coffee
Cons
Favoritism... shady leadership
Fast Paced - Never the Same
SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHMay 4, 2017
Each day was different. There were high expectations from the CEO for costs on guns and very detailed analytics.

There was no such thing as a typical day. Priorities were something that were aligned well. everything was expected to be done immediately. This took some getting used to, but it was manageable.

The workplace culture was exciting, like an army ranger getting ready to go on a mission.
Pros
Close to home, free parking and interesting products.
Cons
There was zero job security. The company grew too fast.
Unprofessional Environment
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHApril 14, 2017
Terrible management. They all had favorites and would bully the other employees. Very hostile environment if you make am error your never forgiven. HR is completely useless when you bring up a problem they do nothing about it and forces you to deal with it yourself.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Unhealthy environment
Sig Sauer allows engineers to use hands-on problem solving techniques
Mechanical Engineer - Intern (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHJanuary 7, 2017
I worked at Sig Sauer as an intern in the rifle development group. Engineers had a solid understanding of the entire product life. Very little bureaucracy which made projects move quickly.
Prepare yourself to by laid off...
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHNovember 12, 2016
Company has bread an atmosphere of people who fear for their jobs. This leads to poor team efforts, as all feel like they have to "shine" or they will be the next to get cut. Never give your ideas and thoughts freely in this place, someone will take them and run to the boss screaming, "Look what I got!" to preserve their position. The top brass are never leaving, because they have a special place. If you hire in under VP, you will eventually be walked out of the building (unless you were there when the company was small, then you are okay... even if you are horrible at your job).
Pros
cool products
Cons
everything else
Fun Job, bad bosses
Assembly Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHOctober 6, 2016
Just typical manufacturing. Build this, build that. Great company except some of the Management. Most of the people they hire are prior military so they tend to get a lot done. Hardest part of the job is dealing with dumb people in management. But that can be out weighed by great coworkers and the family that you gain while working with them.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits, guns
Cons
Management in Assembly
Stay Away.
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHJune 12, 2016
Good people do work at Sig. But the management isn't one of them. Being in the IT Dept, they are no where near up to best practices in the industry. I could give you a very long list of things that virtually every other IT Dept does for any other company, that sig does not do.

After 10 months of working there as a Contractor that filled in roles as people were quitting... I was rewarded with a lay off on a sunday afternoon, 12 hours before my shift. Also, they are using forward months revenue to pay for current expenses. This is why there was a major lay off last year.

Abusive fellow employees in my dept, no training provided, unprofessional back talking by management about other employees when they weren't present, IT standards non existent, and the amount of capital investment to properly serve my customer was near 0. (CIO incredibly cheap)

If you are looking to advance your skill set, learn new technologies, or make a career for yourself... Do NOT work for this company.
Pros
Decent pay and friendly end users
Cons
Very Poor Management \ Standardization in Industry
not a bad place to work really like my hours
Pitch person (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 16, 2016
very busy at times. I have learned a lot about the product. management is very pleasant. the hardest part of my job is all the OT I don't mind doing it but would like sometime to spend with my family, I really like the people I work with,
Pros
pay is good
Cons
expects a lot of OT (don't mind the OT but also would like to see my family once in awhile as well.)
Great salary and benefits
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  NHApril 9, 2016
Unless your in the "old boys network" forget about advancement or security. Your always at risk. Hostile environment. Incompetent HR. Amateurish planning group.
Benefits
Cons
Security
Good place to work and good partnership
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHFebruary 22, 2016
its a good envioremental place to work and the people there is realy good..This is a great company to grow up.. Ilike a lot to work there
Good potential, but do not count on job security.
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHDecember 15, 2015
Liked my work as an inventory coordinator. Good co-workers. After seven months of work, I, and about 79 others, were laid off.
Pros
Steadly given increasing responsibilities.
Cons
Little to no cooperation between some departments and individuals.