Sig Sauer Employee Reviews in United States

Stay Away.
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHJune 12, 2016
Good people do work at Sig. But the management isn't one of them. Being in the IT Dept, they are no where near up to best practices in the industry. I could give you a very long list of things that virtually every other IT Dept does for any other company, that sig does not do.

After 10 months of working there as a Contractor that filled in roles as people were quitting... I was rewarded with a lay off on a sunday afternoon, 12 hours before my shift. Also, they are using forward months revenue to pay for current expenses. This is why there was a major lay off last year.

Abusive fellow employees in my dept, no training provided, unprofessional back talking by management about other employees when they weren't present, IT standards non existent, and the amount of capital investment to properly serve my customer was near 0. (CIO incredibly cheap)

If you are looking to advance your skill set, learn new technologies, or make a career for yourself... Do NOT work for this company.
Pros
Decent pay and friendly end users
Cons
Very Poor Management \ Standardization in Industry
Great salary and benefits
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  NHApril 9, 2016
Unless your in the "old boys network" forget about advancement or security. Your always at risk. Hostile environment. Incompetent HR. Amateurish planning group.
Benefits
Cons
Security
Good place to work and good partnership
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHFebruary 22, 2016
its a good envioremental place to work and the people there is realy good..This is a great company to grow up.. Ilike a lot to work there
Good potential, but do not count on job security.
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHDecember 15, 2015
Liked my work as an inventory coordinator. Good co-workers. After seven months of work, I, and about 79 others, were laid off.
Pros
Steadly given increasing responsibilities.
Cons
Little to no cooperation between some departments and individuals.
jobs ok
Finishing Technician (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHOctober 14, 2015
other then going in at 5 am and managment being pushy about ot the company is great. they seem to really care about the employees.all the emyployees there are great and fun to work with
Pros
benifits are great
Cons
pushy managment
demanding and no work/life balance
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHOctober 8, 2015
this company is OK at first. management has unrealistic expectations of the company as a whole and individual employees. Overly demanding and pushy about overtime. Often demands that employees stay late and work weekends every week.
Pros
have a great benefits package and employee purchase perks
Cons
poor management and unrealistic expectations
High energy with a lot of projects going on
Director of Product & Project Management SigSauer (Current Employee) –  newington, nhSeptember 29, 2015
Sig is a engineering rich company that develops great products. They spend a lot of time and energy creating products that are best in class.
Pros
industry discounts
Cons
long work hours
They Will Walk You Out The Door if You F*ck Up
applications engineer (Former Employee) –  exeter, nhAugust 27, 2015
not a good place to work...upper management needs to go, period! indians are good, chiefs have to go, period!...no 1 days alike, self taught technologist, management incompetent, co-workers wonderful, hardest part of the job was dealing w/incompetent management, most enjoyable was working w/great staff people
Pros
discounts on weapons
Cons
lousy place to work
N/a
Senior Welder (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHJuly 29, 2015
Sig Sauers Management/Leads are judgmental and unfair, If you stand up for your self and take matters into your own hands after repeated request for assistance with issues, they will belittle you and force you out of the company, find ways to get rid of you and or make up false accusations. The under management production employees of the company and the Engineering staff are phenomenal and wonderful to work with.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Very fast paced, and always developing new and exciting products while maintaining the the utmost quality on all their mature product lines.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHJuly 27, 2015
At this company you see how the impossible, becomes a way of life. There's no, "it can't be done", only, "what will it take to get it done'., and then they do it! There is no shortage of investment reveune for state of the art machines, or personal to achieve this goal. The Company seeks to be the best in world class, and a billion dollar company inside of 5 years. I loved working at this company.
Pros
Working directly with he VP, and CEO to achieve goals.

Want to know more about Sig Sauer?

Ask a question
Worst job
Sales (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHJuly 16, 2015
I didn't get paid well, there were no benefits, everyone holds up their nose like they are better than you... It was terrible
benefits and salary
classic assembly (Former Employee) –  newington n.h.July 15, 2015
Worked for this company three weeks classic assembly. Training was terrible it was so bad.. here's a fire arm do it. Management was on phones all nite . No one wanted you to learn processes of a fire arm. I was told i was too slow a bad choice of words was used to inform me of my unsuccessful attempt to make fire arms. I was told with bad words u didn't do good.... with out a training process who would unless you really got it. I never touched a fire arm my whole life. Nobody would help you 15 min to get 30 parts per 100 fire arms. Not everyone picks up on things as fast as the guy next to you. Good luck trying ... bullying was right up there to make you give up some co workers said "she ain't gonna make it... meaning me. Really... very immature he was right... im gone.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
you better know something....
Great place to work, but...
... (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHMay 12, 2015
Overall not a bad place to work. Work and home life juggling is a challenge. Fun group of people to work with. Pros are discounts on firearms.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pressured to work excessive overtime
very good company
CNC Lead/CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHJanuary 24, 2015
good company to work for.. Lots of benefits with this company
Culture of "get the job done" - fast paced and demanding
Technical Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJanuary 22, 2015
Very demanding environment, multiple and conflicting goals and priorities to be juggled by all employees.

Very dedicated and hard working employees

Hardest part: keeping up with frequent drawing revisions

Enjoyable: many different skills required, self directed

Learned a lot about high volume manufacturing

My first job in Quality, learned a lot about the job and responsibilities of QC
Pros
discounts on guns, classes in shooting and gunsmithing
great company/job
Senior Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHDecember 2, 2014
It was fun until outsourced by new VP.
Great job where I was essentially my own boss. I was a top producer so I rarely was in contact with management other than to bs about business.
free lunchbag and coffee
assembly minion (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHOctober 21, 2014
Great hours but way to much favoritism between leads and other co workers, Leads of each line have no power to do anything but answer phones and go to secret important meetings. Sig sauer is becoming more of a sweatshop, everything that matters to them are monthly numbers and not quality firearms. All the great people were lost with the layoffs, all the good people have left and found better jobs, and all the sheep are still there collecting a paycheck with hopes of being promoted which will never happen seeing Sig pays way below the national average for the type of job you have.You work hard never to be recognized, your told to work harder and faster.I would give 0 stars but indeed wont allow that.
Pros
free classes, a cool sig sticker, clean toilets
Cons
favoritism, poor management
excellent benefits
assembly (Current Employee) –  pease tradeportOctober 14, 2014
the company was a great company to work for in the last year things are starting to go down hill with a lot of lay offs and management seems to not care about the employees as much the company itself has great benefits but in my opinion they are driving themselves into the ground with lower and lower quality standards
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no advancement management inexperienced
Employees are great. Management needs to be thinned and updated..
Employee (Current Employee) –  Newington, NHSeptember 4, 2014
This is a big place. Lots of people, fine people. They know their stuff. They need to make training a priority. They need to call to account those that are not adhering to the quality system. Basics like SPC are just being implemented so that should help as long as training is adequate and quality is enforced by management. Procedures are increasing but there needs to be procedures for everything they do. The company has been top heavy. They laid off 100's of good people recently for decisions, top management made. They use Oracle which is not user friendly and again, no real training on how the company uses Oracle. The benefits are some of the best in the area, including some free courses. Co-workers were very helpful.
Fun and Productive
CNC Lathe Operator Double and Triple Turret (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHJuly 26, 2014
A typical day for me is too, go into work clock in and go to my machine or my area and communicate with the other shift running machine, make sure things are running good and after I'd go around the machine i'm running and check all the fluids and coolant levels. Then I'd run a first part then do a 100% inspection to see if I have any adjustments to make, and it give me a chance to check my tools to see i they need to be changed. What I learned is never to give up,eventually there will be something rewarding in the end of all my hard work. Management they have bosses to so things can be go,go and push,push depending on the time of year and on contracts. Got along great with my co-workers awesome team and the most enjoyable part of the job after a long hard night like any job was going home.

2.7