Sig Sauer Employee Reviews

Fun Job, bad bosses
Assembly Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHOctober 6, 2016
Just typical manufacturing. Build this, build that. Great company except some of the Management. Most of the people they hire are prior military so they tend to get a lot done. Hardest part of the job is dealing with dumb people in management. But that can be out weighed by great coworkers and the family that you gain while working with them.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits, guns
Cons
Management in Assembly
Stay Away.
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHJune 12, 2016
Good people do work at Sig. But the management isn't one of them. Being in the IT Dept, they are no where near up to best practices in the industry. I could give you a very long list of things that virtually every other IT Dept does for any other company, that sig does not do.

After 10 months of working there as a Contractor that filled in roles as people were quitting... I was rewarded with a lay off on a sunday afternoon, 12 hours before my shift. Also, they are using forward months revenue to pay for current expenses. This is why there was a major lay off last year.

Abusive fellow employees in my dept, no training provided, unprofessional back talking by management about other employees when they weren't present, IT standards non existent, and the amount of capital investment to properly serve my customer was near 0. (CIO incredibly cheap)

If you are looking to advance your skill set, learn new technologies, or make a career for yourself... Do NOT work for this company.
Pros
Decent pay and friendly end users
Cons
Very Poor Management \ Standardization in Industry
I like working here
Barrel asdembly (Current Employee) –  Newington, NHOctober 19, 2016
I like working here. As a temp employee im treated as a regular employee. The people i work with are great and we have fun at work. Overtime is steady. I take home over 1000 a week with overtime. Not to shabby if you ask me. Management is good. I dont have any issues with them. Training is very good. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Overtime is abundant, great co workers
Cons
Security treats as inmates or convicts. They need to lighten up a little.
Prepare yourself to by laid off...
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHNovember 12, 2016
Company has bread an atmosphere of people who fear for their jobs. This leads to poor team efforts, as all feel like they have to "shine" or they will be the next to get cut. Never give your ideas and thoughts freely in this place, someone will take them and run to the boss screaming, "Look what I got!" to preserve their position. The top brass are never leaving, because they have a special place. If you hire in under VP, you will eventually be walked out of the building (unless you were there when the company was small, then you are okay... even if you are horrible at your job).
Pros
cool products
Cons
everything else
Great salary and benefits
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  NHApril 9, 2016
Unless your in the "old boys network" forget about advancement or security. Your always at risk. Hostile environment. Incompetent HR. Amateurish planning group.
Benefits
Cons
Security
not a bad place to work really like my hours
Pitch person (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 16, 2016
very busy at times. I have learned a lot about the product. management is very pleasant. the hardest part of my job is all the OT I don't mind doing it but would like sometime to spend with my family, I really like the people I work with,
Pros
pay is good
Cons
expects a lot of OT (don't mind the OT but also would like to see my family once in awhile as well.)
demanding and no work/life balance
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHOctober 8, 2015
this company is OK at first. management has unrealistic expectations of the company as a whole and individual employees. Overly demanding and pushy about overtime. Often demands that employees stay late and work weekends every week.
Pros
have a great benefits package and employee purchase perks
Cons
poor management and unrealistic expectations
free lunchbag and coffee
assembly minion (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHOctober 21, 2014
Great hours but way to much favoritism between leads and other co workers, Leads of each line have no power to do anything but answer phones and go to secret important meetings. Sig sauer is becoming more of a sweatshop, everything that matters to them are monthly numbers and not quality firearms. All the great people were lost with the layoffs, all the good people have left and found better jobs, and all the sheep are still there collecting a paycheck with hopes of being promoted which will never happen seeing Sig pays way below the national average for the type of job you have.You work hard never to be recognized, your told to work harder and faster.I would give 0 stars but indeed wont allow that.
Pros
free classes, a cool sig sticker, clean toilets
Cons
favoritism, poor management
Employees are great. Management needs to be thinned and updated..
Employee (Current Employee) –  Newington, NHSeptember 4, 2014
This is a big place. Lots of people, fine people. They know their stuff. They need to make training a priority. They need to call to account those that are not adhering to the quality system. Basics like SPC are just being implemented so that should help as long as training is adequate and quality is enforced by management. Procedures are increasing but there needs to be procedures for everything they do. The company has been top heavy. They laid off 100's of good people recently for decisions, top management made. They use Oracle which is not user friendly and again, no real training on how the company uses Oracle. The benefits are some of the best in the area, including some free courses. Co-workers were very helpful.
excellent benefits
assembly (Current Employee) –  pease tradeportOctober 14, 2014
the company was a great company to work for in the last year things are starting to go down hill with a lot of lay offs and management seems to not care about the employees as much the company itself has great benefits but in my opinion they are driving themselves into the ground with lower and lower quality standards
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no advancement management inexperienced
What have you done for me a minute ago?
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHJune 6, 2013
Co-peers across multi-orgs are the best! Enjoyed the day to day working with them.
Culture is one of zero security. The running joke is that if your name is paged on the sound system to call personel, someone yell's out "and bring your stuff!".

Salary people are expected to work 10 - 11 hours/ day. Anything less and the frowns start.

Culture is one of zero appreciation. You are payed to work and work you will or you will be removed. Heck, they will remove you EVEN if you do the work.
Pros
Fellow workers. Great people
Cons
Stricked, non American work culture that places little value on good employees
benefits and salary
classic assembly (Former Employee) –  newington n.h.July 15, 2015
Worked for this company three weeks classic assembly. Training was terrible it was so bad.. here's a fire arm do it. Management was on phones all nite . No one wanted you to learn processes of a fire arm. I was told i was too slow a bad choice of words was used to inform me of my unsuccessful attempt to make fire arms. I was told with bad words u didn't do good.... with out a training process who would unless you really got it. I never touched a fire arm my whole life. Nobody would help you 15 min to get 30 parts per 100 fire arms. Not everyone picks up on things as fast as the guy next to you. Good luck trying ... bullying was right up there to make you give up some co workers said "she ain't gonna make it... meaning me. Really... very immature he was right... im gone.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
you better know something....
Decent place to work if you're in the right department
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHJuly 25, 2014
A typical manufacturing environment with a full range of supervisor competencies. Non-supervisor work teams are generally full of decent, hard-working people who are easy to get along with. HR department is far less than sympathetic to plights of employees, particularly with employee-supervisor relations, and has been replaced a number of times within the past few years.

The hardest part of the job in my department was dealing with the supervisor, who seemed quite happy to create a hostile work environment and cowtow to brown-nosing. The second hardest part of the job was having to constantly hound the Planning department because the work orders were issued the wrong parts.

The work in my department was actually something that I enjoyed doing. As mentioned before, most of the workers are fun, and easy to befriend (as long as you are not a "troublemaking" type, but that goes for most places).

The most important part of this review, however, is that there has been over 400 layoffs in the past 3 months, and due to severe mismanagement, the company seems to be folding quickly.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits, genial co-workers
Cons
Poor HR department, declining business
Very fast paced, and always developing new and exciting products while maintaining the the utmost quality on all their mature product lines.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHJuly 27, 2015
At this company you see how the impossible, becomes a way of life. There's no, "it can't be done", only, "what will it take to get it done'., and then they do it! There is no shortage of investment reveune for state of the art machines, or personal to achieve this goal. The Company seeks to be the best in world class, and a billion dollar company inside of 5 years. I loved working at this company.
Pros
Working directly with he VP, and CEO to achieve goals.
Fun and Productive
CNC Lathe Operator Double and Triple Turret (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHJuly 26, 2014
A typical day for me is too, go into work clock in and go to my machine or my area and communicate with the other shift running machine, make sure things are running good and after I'd go around the machine i'm running and check all the fluids and coolant levels. Then I'd run a first part then do a 100% inspection to see if I have any adjustments to make, and it give me a chance to check my tools to see i they need to be changed. What I learned is never to give up,eventually there will be something rewarding in the end of all my hard work. Management they have bosses to so things can be go,go and push,push depending on the time of year and on contracts. Got along great with my co-workers awesome team and the most enjoyable part of the job after a long hard night like any job was going home.
They Will Walk You Out The Door if You F*ck Up
applications engineer (Former Employee) –  exeter, nhAugust 27, 2015
not a good place to work...upper management needs to go, period! indians are good, chiefs have to go, period!...no 1 days alike, self taught technologist, management incompetent, co-workers wonderful, hardest part of the job was dealing w/incompetent management, most enjoyable was working w/great staff people
Pros
discounts on weapons
Cons
lousy place to work
N/a
Senior Welder (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHJuly 29, 2015
Sig Sauers Management/Leads are judgmental and unfair, If you stand up for your self and take matters into your own hands after repeated request for assistance with issues, they will belittle you and force you out of the company, find ways to get rid of you and or make up false accusations. The under management production employees of the company and the Engineering staff are phenomenal and wonderful to work with.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
jobs ok
Finishing Technician (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHOctober 14, 2015
other then going in at 5 am and managment being pushy about ot the company is great. they seem to really care about the employees.all the emyployees there are great and fun to work with
Pros
benifits are great
Cons
pushy managment
Excellant work envoirment
Manufacturing Engineer/ Tool & Die Maker (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHMay 2, 2013
Excellant work place. Excellant Benefits and a generally enjoyable place of employment with good co-workers and a very understanding Management
Good place to work and good partnership
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHFebruary 22, 2016
its a good envioremental place to work and the people there is realy good..This is a great company to grow up.. Ilike a lot to work there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sig Sauer. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8