SightPath Medical Employee Reviews

100% travel
Fempto Laser FSE (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: corporate account for travel expenses.
Cons: minimum home time.
100% travel
Many job responsibilities.
Manage yourself.
No set schedule.
Great vacation time.
Great Cataract Company
Ophthalmology Specialist (Former Employee), Worked out of my house: Folkston, GADecember 8, 2013
Pros: company vehicle, credit card, and paided for any work related expense
Cons: long hours on the road.
Worked with cataract surgeons
Setup and maintained sterile field during surgery
Loaded cataract lenses
Ordered all supplies needed for the surgery
Keep inventory of supplies that were not used during the surgical day
Drove to different hospitals in different towns for the surgery day
Worked with new surgeons and supplied any instruments or supplies need to complete their surgical cases
Keep up with maintains on company vehicle that was assigned to me
Each day their was a new learning experience that would broaden my knowledge of the job for a better surgical and patient outcome
The personal that were my management were top notch and helped me in any way possible
My co-workers were also top notch and we all worked great together
The hardest part of the job was the driving. Some of the hospitals were 9 to 15 hours from my house which made for a long round trip.
The most enjoyable part of the job was giving patients the hope of sight through surgical intervention.
absolutly a terrible place to work
surgical tech (Current Employee), sightpath northeast regionAugust 21, 2013
If you want to give up your personal life to work ...you've come to the right place SPM ... It's like competing with coworkers on a contuinous basis ..no team work!! They will definitely let you know everything you have done wrong and will never let you know what you have done right! The reason why they can't get anyone to stay and their turnover rate is so high is because they set u up to fail!! They waste tons of money! They pay you salary and work you to death! Everything they tell you in the interview is all a lie ... they get you to leave your job and then you find out what it's really all about! Their senior ops in the Greensboro area is terrible and doesn't properly train and prepare you for what your about to get into! One positive note the surgeons are wonderful!
Great place to work, a lot of fun people.
Operations (Current Employee), MinnesotaMarch 20, 2013
You will never be bored when working for Sightpath Medical. It's a great place to learn new skills everyday. The management is very supportive of a work/life balance.
Strong, stable company with good leadership and culture
Headquarters (Current Employee), HeadquartersDecember 14, 2012
Pros: summer hours, fun team building events, opportunity for new challenges
Cons: benefits only ok, busy
I really enjoy working at Sightpath. The management team is big on culture and including everyone, so they support lots of activities and team building events to keep morale high. They try to keep people informed which is nice - they have monthly HQ meetings, a fun company intranet, contests, etc. It's a stable, growing company so there is a lot of opportunity for people who are willing to work hard and have a good attitudes. It is busy - and a lot is expected of each employee - so it can be demanding, but that's the trade off for working for a company that is successful even in a bad economy. A good attitude is non-negotiable - so usually people that don't have one don't stick around long. The people are nice, managers are approachable and everyone is so respectful of work/life balance. There is no place else I would rather be - it's a great place to work!
Poor Company
SMA (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaNovember 12, 2012
Pros: iphones, laptop, cubicle
Cons: expensive healthcare, no growth opportunity
They don't empower or trust their employees. If you want to be micro-managed and never offered opportunities to develop work here. They tend to over promise and under-deliver.