Sigma-Aldrich Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Start to a Career
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIApril 25, 2016
Started my career in chemical operations with Sigma. Good employee training program with strong support form group leaders/management. A great place to learn a new skill set and hone your skills.
Pros
Strong reputable company with a great appreciation for their employees, they reinvest in their employees and encourage self improvment.
Cons
Low end of market salary/pay.
Christmas Party every year
Chemical Packer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2016
I would put on all my personal protective equipment. Identify my chemicals to be weighed on a scale. The chemicals would be weighed in bottles and capped to be shipped to customers. After every order i would do my paperwork to ensure accurate numbers. Communication between co-workers would be important to ensure the right chemicals and right numbers of product is correct. Taking off and putting on all that ppe after every break and lunch or meeting is very time consuming and difficult. Moving from a different station everyday made the job enjoyable because you were never doing the same thing.
Pros
Great company lunch room with a cook and hot food daily.
Cons
Advancement in the company.
Very conservative organization
QC Scientist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2015
Profitable company focused 99.9% on numbers and 0.1% on employees growth, development and personal lives. While I was there, the organization tried to get into a FDA regulated operations without much success due to the nature of the upper management in not investing upfront which was needed to upgrade infrastructure.
Cons
An annual unchangeable profit bonus of $70 regardless of the company profit.
Worst Company To Receive Employment
Senior Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAOctober 28, 2015
Worst safety environment to work in, do not care one least about safety. Everyone is mostly concerned about moving up the food chain instead of getting work accomplished. Management is horrible and clueless on how to manage. HR department is even worse. The only enjoyable part were the people that worked in manufacturing(non management). Now if you looking for a company not to accomplish much in a working day(slack around), THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE! Like I said management is not smart.
Scientific Packager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 7, 2015
Very productive and safe workplace which prioritized worker safety above all else. While I was just a temp, I felt very welcomed and quickly assimilated to the work culture.
Weighing chemicals
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 22, 2015
Weighing chemicals, in each unit. Assuring accurate and proper chemical weight, and packaging of each unit. It was a good experience to have, it was quite interesting. But a lot of heavy lifting and heavy work.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2015
I love this job. while working there i learned alot about chemicals and how to order pick as well as working at a fast pace.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
short breaks
Great Company, Nice Environment, but not for me.
Customer Service Representative-Premier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 16, 2015
Being so stationary in a cubicle with no opportunity to move or stretch, and only a 30 minute lunch to catch your breath, does not fit my personality or work ethic.
decent work. Very underpaid
Packaging Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 31, 2015
The job is pretty decent and fairly easy to do. The work is mainly with chemicals but the company underpays its employees alot.
Very friendly and productive workplace to be at.
Stock selector (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2015
This company is a productive workplace to work at. I work around positive people and motivated people who are eager to learn anything from the company. The hardest part of the job is it can be slow but it depends on the work that is being allocated.
Pros
The benefits and tuition reimbursement offered for students who attend college
Cons
There are no cons
potluck,fun in meetings
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJuly 9, 2015
I enjoyed to work with children,caring and teaching them. I learned about the tools to use for their development skills. As a team worker , we helped each other as needed. The management staff were perfect. The hardest part of the job was the closing and the most enjoyable part of my job was the time I was playing with children &teaching them.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Sales Support SAFC
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 9, 2015
TERRIBLE management, high turn over, and employees are treated like children. Everyone is hoping things get better with MercK. Vacation time could be better as well as employee appreciation. SAFC is Sales Support is by far the most hated department
Pros
401K
Cons
Everything other than 401K
Exceptional
Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 7, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company, it offered me the ability to communicate with people other than my age group. It also offered me the chance to build skills that will affect me for the rest of my life.
great place to work with really smart and nice people.
Phlebotomist/Part-time (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 19, 2015
Working at Sigma-Aldrich is an honor and one of the premier places to work in the St. Louis area. I have met a lot of different people with many different backgrounds and educational levels.
Production of Biological buffers large scale
Manufacturing Tech III (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2015
Production of biological buffers, working with industrial dryers, centrifuges, Vessels, and diaphragm and centrifical pumps. Work within a small scale r&d lab testing unfinished and finished products in house.
Pros
laid back atmosphere
Cons
overnight (3rd shift)
Fun and energetic place to work
Marketing MBA Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 10, 2015
Sigma-Aldrich is a great place to learn and understand the life sciences market. I recommend this company to everyone.
ENERGITIC yet challengicing place to work
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2015
Good company to work for however challenging when it comes to advancement from a temp to a regular no matter how much one reaches far beyond the daily numbers or not.
Pros
Company picnic yearly on site
Cons
Work harder to become a regular
8 years at Sigma
Production (Former Employee) –  St. LouisMarch 31, 2015
I found my time at Sigma to be a great learning experience. I was very grateful for all that Sigma offered.
I never had to many dislikes in my work days. I did find the job to always have challenges as any job will have.
Sigma is a good place to start out
Spec-Marketing Technical (Current Employee) –  Bellefonte, PAMarch 17, 2015
great place to move around departments it is a plus if you have a chemistry background. do no be afraid to apply. The interviews majorly consist of situation and behavior based questions.
Great workplace
Packaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 11, 2015
The is a fine company to work for, just wish they had a Florida location.Wages are fair and health and dental are good as well.