Sigma-Aldrich

Sigma-Aldrich Employee Reviews

Great Biotech in the Midwest
Global Market Segment Manager (Current Employee), St. LouisNovember 27, 2012
Pros: excellent, accessible management, employees take pride in their work
Cons: compensation and benefits are slightly below st. louis market
Sigma-Aldrich is a great company to work for in St. Louis. The culture is professional and open. Management is very accessible and approachable. Sigma employees pride themselves on delivering quality.
Poorly managed and dangerous working conditions
Chemist (Former Employee), Haverhill, MassNovember 13, 2012
The company is very poorly managed. They have an attitude of "everyone is easily replaced" so there is no attempt to keep good employees, thus the pay is far below industy standards.

While employed with them I witnessed many serious accidents occuring that are being swept under the rug so they don't have to be reported to OSHA or EPA. There was also very little attempt to protect employee health as well. All atempts to complain are met with firing.
Place with high job security
Scientist (Current Employee), saint louisOctober 31, 2012
Nice place to work,management is really nice,they are little less on pay compared to other major companies.
Organized warehouse with strong focus on safety
Distribution Technician (Current Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 25, 2012
Pros: benefits, vacation, 401k, retirement plan
Cons: low pay, frustrating management
A typical day at work begins at 10:00 and involves a packing system based on productivity. Expectations are stressed daily for rate to be made. I've always been a team player but this job has expanded that. I've also learned to ensure the quality of my work is above expectations. Management can be frustrating sometimes. As for co-workers we always have those who go above and beyond as well as those who don't. I have been told in every review that I consistently go above and beyond to help my coworkers. The hardest part of the job is not moving to different areas of the warehouse to be cross trained even though I have expressed interest numerous times to both my supervisor and warehouse manager. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have a secure job
Good experience.
Chemist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2012
Good company to work for. Great benefits and culture. Managements supports their employees.
not the greatest working environment. Management was really bad and the building was in a really bad working condition
Organic Synthesis Chemist (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHJuly 15, 2012
I would never recommend anyone to work for this place. Management is bad and the equipments and building is outdated. The company is not willing to fix anything.
Repetitive tasking with little personal challenge or growth
Chemist I Chemical Production (Current Employee), Urbana, ILJuly 12, 2012
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: little challenge and incentive for personal growth.
The benefit packages available are quite nice and competitive with other places of employment however the salary compensation left some to be desired for me. My supervisor was easy to work with and had an open door policy which made it a nice place to work and my peers there were typically helpful with daily questions and tasks.
Very great place to work for
Chemical Techinician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2012
Pros: catered lunches and dinners at least once a month
Cons: not fair on some of the rules
A typical day at Sigma would be a mellow day just getting the neccessaty work that needs to be done, then adding some more work to get it setup for the next group. That working with the team is the easiest way to get all the work done and it is easier to work as a team rather than trying to tackle alot of work by yourself. My mangement at the site was very nice and hepful when a problem or situation arrupted. All of my fellow co workers were all hard working and fun to do stuff outside of work. Trying to find enough work to do thru a day between the group. Just being able to help of groups when was asked.
Benefits!!!
Packaging Operator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 26, 2012
This is my first time doing this kind of work but I love it will recommend working here
Great Company to work for. People orientated
Credit & Collection Rep (Former Employee), St. Louis, MO 63122February 18, 2012
Pros: good insurance, 401k, and breaks and lunch room
Cons: very fast paced. can be stressful.
Hands on company training. Paid education. Kept up to date with what is going on with the company. Worked as a whole on company and self improvement.

About Sigma-Aldrich

Check the shelves of any research (or mad) scientist and you'll likely find Sigma-Aldrich's chemical products. The company is – Read more

Sigma-Aldrich Salaries