This position is located in Toledo, Ohio. There is no company paid relocation.
Position: Accountant I
Sigma Technologies is a team of consulting and design professionals who provide expertise and resources to network technology and infrastructure projects primarily in the telecommunications and utility industry. Sigma offers technical services for maintenance, compliance, expansion and new-build projects. From Fortune 500 to mid-size rural companies, we can enhance the performance and strength of your network. Visit our website to learn more about our fundamental values, services and solutions (www.teamsigma.com).
The Accountant I records business transactions, balances ledgers, reconciles accounts and prepares reports while following the accounting procedures established by the organization. He or she will also assist in the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports. Additional responsibilities will eventually include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. In time the individual will be expected to report the organization's finances to management and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a billable service business. This individual should have 3-5 years experience in accounting, will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and works under the immediate supervision of the Accounting Manager.
The Accountant I will:
- Project, process and monitor liabilities, including payroll, payables, purchase orders and expense reports; Includes gathering required documentation, preparing payments, maintaining transaction records, answering questions and troubleshooting issues
- Process invoices while ensuring that billing and payment procedures outlined in client agreements are followed; Includes compiling backup documentation, checking postings for accuracy and proper coding, corresponding with Project Managers for approvals.
- Monitor receivables and set up processes to ensure proper collections
- Create and analyze detailed information in balance sheets, P&L statements, cost reports and other financial data using QuickBooks, Access and Excel
- Establish internal controls by generating reports on cost versus budget for projects in process, investigating cost variances and resolving issues with Project Managers
- Develop cost models for Service Products
- Work in a fast pace environment and under tight deadline requirements
- Conduct other projects and operational duties as assigned
- Safety First – Nothing is so important that it can’t be done safely!
- Meet Scope, Schedule and Budget Goals
- Quality Work
- Continuous Improvement
- High Performance – self motivated/independent associates
- Personal Ongoing Development
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Experience manipulating complex worksheet files, spreadsheets and databases; Exceptional computer skills particularly in QuickBooks, MS Office and Microsoft Access are a must
- Should have 3-5 years accounting experience in a service firm, preferably one that produces billable project work (i.e. engineering, architectural, construction)
- Must have dependable transportation and valid driver’s license and insurance
- Must be able to pass a background check/drug test/driving record check
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to collaborate with a multi department team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Professionalism; Superior oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate good judgment and problem solving skills
Pay is commensurate with experience and education.
Sigma is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on an employee’s race, color, gender, sexual preference, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other classification protected by law.