Position: CAD Drafter
Sigma Network Services, a Division of Sigma Technologies, Ltd., is a team of consulting and design professionals providing process controlled expertise and resources to network technology projects primarily in the telecommunications industry. Sigma offers professional technical services for maintenance, compliance, expansion and new build projects. Visit our website to learn more about our fundamental values, services and solutions (www.teamsigma.com).
The CAD Drafter transforms initial rough product designs using computer aided design (CAD) into working documents and has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the practice of drafting. The CAD Drafter relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and works under immediate supervision.
The CAD Drafter will:
- Perform 2-D Civil Type Drafting Projects
- Resolve Anticipated Construction Problems Through Drawings
- Interpret General Designs
- Be able to use various Computer Aided Design software, especially AutoCAD & Micro Station
- Travel occasionally to project site with Field Engineer
- Safety First – Nothing is so important that it can’t be done safely!
- Meet Scope, Schedule and Budget Goals
- Quality Work
- Continuous Improvement
- High Performance – self motivated/independent associates
- Personal Ongoing Development
- Must possess CAD Experience
- Minimum of an Associates Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Must have dependable transportation and valid driver’s license and insurance
- Must be able to pass a background check/drug test/driving record check
- Must be computer literate – especially Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Telecommunications (Telephone or Cable) Outside Plant OR Civil Drafting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Strong technical knowledge and skills
- Ability to occasionally learn and operate customer based proprietary software
- Knowledge of construction and planning procedures
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering schematics
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Sigma is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on an employee’s race, color, gender, sexual preference, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other classification protected by law.
Indeed - 16 months ago
Headquartered in Perrysburg, Ohio, Sigma Network Services is a premier firm delivering experienced consulting, engineering, design and...