Position: Engineer – Make Ready Design
Sigma Infrastructure Services, a Division of Sigma Technologies, Ltd., is a team of consulting and design professionals providing process controlled expertise and resources to infrastructure projects primarily in the power utility industry. Sigma offers professional technical services for maintenance, compliance, expansion and new build projects. Visit our website to learn more about our fundamental values, services and solutions (www.teamsigma.com).
The Make Ready Designer performs outside plant design for power utility companies and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints. The Make Ready Designer should have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in electrical and civil engineering environments and will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. He/she will be expected to learn and review industry policies and procedures to ensure accuracy, security and compliance; He/she will also assist in monitoring project progress to determine or address problems and provide technical support. This individual works with immediate supervision.
The Make Ready Designer will:
- Collaborate with others (project managers, other engineers, designers, drafters, administration) to learn how to devise best infrastructure solutions
- Execute work orders for outside plant facilities while meeting quality, time and budget constraints
- Visually identify, inspect, and record equipment and structures in the right-of-way
- Apply engineering design standards to underground and aerial pole line cable plant
o Joint Use Design
o Make Ready
o Pole Replacement
- Analyze and produce cost effective design solutions
- Perform 2-D Civil type design in CAD (AutoCAD, Micro Station, LD Pro)
- Resolve anticipated construction problems through drawings
- Select and interpret data based on design intent
- Coordinate and plan design and drafting projects
- Apply NESC Standards
- Occasionally order material and/or services from vendors
- Safety First – Nothing is so important that it can’t be done safely!
- Meet Scope, Schedule and Budget Goals
- Quality Work
- Continuous Improvement
- High Performance – self motivated/independent associates
- Personal Ongoing Development
- Bachelor’s of Science in Civil/Electrical or related technical/engineering field
- Must possess CAD Experience
- Must be able to work in inclement weather, walk up to 5 miles or more a day, travel and stay at site over night and have dependable transportation and valid driver’s license and insurance
- Must be able to pass a background check/drug test/driving record check
- Must be computer literate – especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- One to three years Power Utility Outside Plant or Civil industry drafting experience
- Strong technical knowledge and skills
- Ability to occasionally learn and operate customer based proprietary software and other computer systems to expedite and facilitate the work order process
- Knowledge of construction and planning procedures
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering schematics
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic financial skills to assist in making sound business decisions
Pay is commensurate with experience and education.
Sigma is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on an employee’s race, color, gender, sexual preference, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other classification protected by law.
Indeed - 23 months ago
Headquartered in Perrysburg, Ohio, Sigma Network Services is a premier firm delivering experienced consulting, engineering, design and...