SIGMA Employee Reviews

Social job with potential to make a high salary
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MaltaJune 23, 2017
It is exhausting work in the office, however, persistence was learned through working here. Management is relaxed and easy going, however, being understaffed makes it difficult to keep up with the workload.
Pros
awesome colleagues
Cons
understaffed
Great Company
Director Finance, Multiple Locations (Current Employee) –  Multiple locationsJune 5, 2017
Great Company to work for.
There is no typical day at Sigma.
New issues/problem to be solved every day.
Open discussion.
Huge opportunity to grow.
Poor work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 15, 2017
Poor work environment. Management not competent on the local level. Sales staff difficult to work with. Culture of fear rather than esprit de corp. May not still be in business but would not recommend this company to anyone for any open position.
Pros
Could not tink o any
Cons
There was nothing pleasurable about working there except getting paid. That I can do anywhere.
good place to work
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 21, 2017
just a hard places to work for u have to fit in with the boss and the pay not that good ur raise never go up at all but the mechaince are nice and fun to work with every day
Pros
lunch not very good
Cons
long brakes
Good work life balance
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2016
I did the books for a year. It was mostly just budgeting and keeping track of the accounts payable and the accounts receivable. I used mostly Microsoft Excel to keep track of all budgets and invoices
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Only one in department
Extremely poor culture
Property Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Deer Valley, AZMarch 28, 2016
Please refer to my resume for accurate dates of employment.
Of the roughly 15 employees half were temporary staff due to the fact that many permanent employees had abruply left the company. Apparently, prior to my arrival, many employees felt the personal and professional differences between members of the management team made day to day operations too difficult to overcome. This high rate of turnover left new employees, like myself, left without proper training and internal support to suceed.
Cons
Very limited commuication. The company discontinued weekly meetings due to their combative nature.
it is excited to work with estimating tools such as on screen take off.
General Construction Estimator (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAMarch 7, 2016
A typical day at Sigma Services was excited, i had to work on my bidding projects and get to attend job walks to get familiar with the projects existing conditions. All the estimating team was always available during the pre and post bid. The hardest part of the job is to get the subs to give you an edge during the bid day.
Pros
free lunch during the bid
Cons
healthcare benefits for family members
Great Place to Work At.. with Exceptions
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sauk Village, ILJanuary 26, 2016
The environment is great and the employees are great, except the advancement and compensation is a little underwhelming. I have learned a ton, and continue to learn everyday with great people that create a relaxed and professional career. It is not that I don't like working for them, it is just I feel I have hit my ceiling with where I can advance to and have a family to support.
Pros
Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Pay is not competitive
Sigma
HUD Utilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 22, 2015
Good place to work. Efficiently run.Great benefits. Very considerate of employee needs.Open communication with management. Work is challenging.
Bar-S Foods
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Seminole, OklahomaAugust 6, 2015
Loved working for the company. Learned something new each day. We all treated each other as family. Hardest part of job was collecting money for claims issued. The most enjoyable part was seeing my friends each day
Pros
Boss always had open door policy
Cons
change in healthcare
Productive and fun place to work.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTJuly 9, 2015
Great recruiters! Do a great job in matching my skills to contract position. Professional, courteous, knowledgeable, staff. Really know their jobs.
Pros
Diversity, friendly colleagues
Cons
Over an hour commute to Pfizer
nice company to work for
finisher/ assembler (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, OhioMarch 6, 2015
company appreciated employee
company paid benefits
plant picnic
friendly atmosphere
always busy
tow motor experience
Pros
benifits / compensation
Cons
fiberglass dust
Regular Day at work
LAN Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cream Ridge, NJSeptember 4, 2014
Nice and smooth no issue at all users are good and work is easy if you know what you doing.

Co-Workers are really helpful and nice to you.
Management could not come to terms with each other and the penalty was taking out on the workers.
Evaluation Technician (Current Employee) –  Medina, NYAugust 6, 2014
The over all environment was negative. The people on the lines were capable to get a long quite well as well as the management for the most part. Management from different departments had trouble getting along with each other. There was a clear line drawn where management that didn't work on the equipment would tell you how to complete the task even though the people that worked on them noticed a problem. Communication was also a huge problem.
Rewarding job
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Medina, NYJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day at Sigma is in a factory setting of me training new hires how to inspect IV Pumps. I learned that I enjoyed the feeling of knowing I helped ensure the pumps were repaired properly but I also learned that I do not like factory work for a career. Management there was very cold and heartless quite often once management switched hands. My co-workers were all very nice and cared about their work. The hardest part of that job was making sure I trained everyone properly with confidence. The most enjoyable part of my job was the confidence and pride it gave me.
Pros
Close to home, pretty good schedule
Cons
low pay, not the best management and being forced to rush with highly important life saving products
not good only place to work for miles
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Medina, NYNovember 15, 2013
not good no room for advancement , high pressure, constantly reminded your job is on the line
Pros
pay check
Cons
pushed like cattle
Was once a great place to work. This is no longer the case.
IT supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2012
This was a very positive work environment where you did not have to be afraid to ask questions, ideas were welcome, and a clear path for career growth was provided. Today the company has a CEO and CIO who believe the best way to increase profits is to outsource work because they lack the vision and courage to achieve growth any other way. The company leadership has become penny-wise and pound foolish.
Pros
they do offer good pay.
Cons
the it department is being outsourced to india gradually.
Fun and interesting job
Drafter/Special Effects Designer (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLJuly 18, 2012
At Sigma a typical day would consist of repairing or constructing special effect equipment such as confetti, fog, or fire equipment to be sold or rented by theme parks like Universal Studios and Disney, concerts and some were used in the making of movies. When I wasn't working in the shop on special effect equipment I was working with the lead engineer to assist in the design of special effect equipment for clients using the programs of AutoCad and Inventor, both CAD software.
Pros
exciting, interesting, creative
Cons
salary, benefits, management, job security
Decent employer
Network/Domain Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seminole, OKJuly 12, 2012
The new 60M facility and change in administration caused normal growing pains. Not a career facility.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
in transition after corporate merger