SIGMA

SIGMA Employer Reviews

Regular Day at work
LAN Administrator (Current Employee), Cream Ridge, NJSeptember 4, 2014
Nice and smooth no issue at all users are good and work is easy if you know what you doing.

Co-Workers are really helpful and nice to you.
Management could not come to terms with each other and the penalty was taking out on the workers.
Evaluation Technician (Current Employee), Medina, NYAugust 6, 2014
The over all environment was negative. The people on the lines were capable to get a long quite well as well as the management for the most part. Management from different departments had trouble getting along with each other. There was a clear line drawn where management that didn't work on the equipment would tell you how to complete the task even though the people that worked on them noticed a problem. Communication was also a huge problem.
Rewarding job
Trainer (Former Employee), Medina, NYJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: close to home, pretty good schedule
Cons: low pay, not the best management and being forced to rush with highly important life saving products
A typical day at Sigma is in a factory setting of me training new hires how to inspect IV Pumps. I learned that I enjoyed the feeling of knowing I helped ensure the pumps were repaired properly but I also learned that I do not like factory work for a career. Management there was very cold and heartless quite often once management switched hands. My co-workers were all very nice and cared about their work. The hardest part of that job was making sure I trained everyone properly with confidence. The most enjoyable part of my job was the confidence and pride it gave me.
not good only place to work for miles
Service Technician (Former Employee), Medina, NYNovember 15, 2013
Pros: pay check
Cons: pushed like cattle
not good no room for advancement , high pressure, constantly reminded your job is on the line
Was once a great place to work. This is no longer the case.
IT supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2012
Pros: they do offer good pay.
Cons: the it department is being outsourced to india gradually.
This was a very positive work environment where you did not have to be afraid to ask questions, ideas were welcome, and a clear path for career growth was provided. Today the company has a CEO and CIO who believe the best way to increase profits is to outsource work because they lack the vision and courage to achieve growth any other way. The company leadership has become penny-wise and pound foolish.
Fun and interesting job
Drafter/Special Effects Designer (Former Employee), Plant City, FLJuly 18, 2012
Pros: exciting, interesting, creative
Cons: salary, benefits, management, job security
At Sigma a typical day would consist of repairing or constructing special effect equipment such as confetti, fog, or fire equipment to be sold or rented by theme parks like Universal Studios and Disney, concerts and some were used in the making of movies. When I wasn't working in the shop on special effect equipment I was working with the lead engineer to assist in the design of special effect equipment for clients using the programs of AutoCad and Inventor, both CAD software.
Decent employer
Network/Domain Administrator (Former Employee), Seminole, OKJuly 12, 2012
Pros: fast pace
Cons: in transition after corporate merger
The new 60M facility and change in administration caused normal growing pains. Not a career facility.
muy bueno buenas relasiones entre compañeros desayunos cada primer viernes de cada mes
mantenimiento mecanico industrial (Former Employee), area de mantenimiento mecanico industrialJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: salucood
ambiente de trabajo muy bueno buenas relasiones entre compañeron de trabajo buen trato de la parte administrativa hacia los trabajadores

About SIGMA

Sigma-Aldrich Corporation develops, manufactures, purchases and distributes a range of biochemicals and organic chemicals and – Read more