SIGMATECH Employee Reviews in United States

Crazy, unorthodox, and outdated place to work.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 14, 2016
Management is weak. Approach to running the company is outdated. Owner has serious "protest" issues. Senior management is simply drawing a paycheck. You do not want to work at Sigmatech.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Poor management, weak leadership, lots of dead wood just drawing a paycheck
Great Mid-Level Managers
USASAC Training Developer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 5, 2016
First level supervisors are very loyal and supportive to their employees. Work hours in the corporate office are flexible. Talented team of ex-military and ex-civil service professionals. Lots of opportunities to excel.
Pros
Managment team
Great place to work with great people
Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 21, 2016
Sigmatech is a well run and well managed company. I learned a lot about logistics while working there. My co-workers where always willing to lend a helping hand,
Pros
Bonuses every year
Cons
contract ended
Excellent Company
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 7, 2016
Excellent company to work for with a very great work environment. Supervisors are very involved in working conditions and open to listening to and resolving issues.
Pros
Care about the people
Innovative
Program Development/Analyst IV (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 1, 2015
A typical day of work consists of development, integrating, coordinating, analyzing and evaluate logistical actions from LOA development through case closure required in support of Foreign Military Sales (FMS) cases.

Sigmatech enhances its employee wellbeing, which may have the indirect benefit of improving customer service and, in turn, customer loyalty. It provides its employees with attractive and responsible employers.
Pros
Organization Culture
Cons
NA
Sigmatech is living in the past with no hope for the future
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 11, 2016
Sigmatech is a small company with a small company mentality. Management is the same as it was when it started more than 20 years ago. The executive leadership is weak, always bowing to the owner who is out of touch. The infrastructure is slow, lethargic, and ineffective. The company is stuck in the past with no ability to recognize the fact that other more sophisticated companies have moved past them. Sigmatech tries to overcome this fault with protest after protest after protest. All to no avail. The lawyers are the only ones making any money.

A typical day at work includes listening to the gossip of the secretaries and the senior administrative staff and watching the executive leadership placate the owner. There is no strategy to capture market share, no innovation, and no forward thought.

My co-workers, though nice, are professionally mediocre at best. The better, more energetic, and proactive employees generally see the writing on the wall and used Sigmatech only as a stop gap until they could move to a better company. The management team is paid an outrageous sum of money with no goals or objectives. They are simply riding out the remaining programmatic contracts and collecting a very large salary.

The hardest part of the job is watching the reaction of executive management deal with the small and mundane. Rather than focus on business development, creating a path forward, or developing strategic partnering, the CEO gets involved with petty, unimportant matters (i.e. - the latest administrative gossip).

The best part of the job is leaving each day at five.
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership, lack of strategic vision, inept infrastructure, weak policies and procedures, owner lives in the past
Working with US Army
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXOctober 4, 2013
Every day is a challenge and requires you to be on your toes at all times. It requires you to make sound decisions on the go. You work with all types of vendors for different systems. I coordinate on brining all these systems and integrate them so they can all function as one and fill all the military requirements for operations.
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
none that i can think of
Very Good Place to Work!!!
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 21, 2013
One of the things I like about working for Sigmatech is that no day is exactly the same. Because of our engineering and programmatic expertise, we are always trying to advance the name and create jobs in the Aerospace and Missile community. Management within Sigmatech is top notch and so easy to work with; from the CEO down.
Solid senior level professional
Staff Integrator/Assistant Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis-McChordMay 12, 2014
As part of the MCSI team, we had a tightly knit organization with mutual support and education. The job requires a flexible application of the processes trained to individual clients, while maintaining focus on the end results.
Great support and atmosphere.
COMMAND POST SYSTEM INTEGRATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 11, 2014
The company has a great administrative support. Didn't have any problems with finance or benefits.

The work atmosphere was excellent. Everyone was working together and helping each other out when needed.
Administrative Analyst I (Current Employee) –  HuntsvilleOctober 28, 2013
I have a great boss who is all for advancement. All in all this has been a very pleasant working relationship.
Great Family Atmosphere!
PROGRAM ANALYST, SAMD (Current Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALJuly 10, 2013
As a Program Analyst, there isn't a typical day at work! Each day usually includes reviewing travel orders, generating reports and completing financial transactions; the complexity of the transactions vary from day to day. Although I work off-site from my Company's headquarters, I am still known by numerous home office associates and assist with the charities that our Company deals with. I often am there for meetings and other Company functions, so I don't feel like an outsider. Our management staff is very personable and approachable! I work mainly with civilian government workers and am treated as if I am one of them (I'm a contractor). I guess the hardest part was getting used to dealing with the volume of money that I transact - I was afraid I would make a mistake and use the wrong country's money or some other typo. After I was re-assured that every transaction could be reversed, I easily settled into my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers - both government and at Sigmatech!
Pros
alternate work schedule, frequent company get togethers, annual bonus, ability to earn comp time, benefits
Cons
lack of a wellness program
A great company with great people
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXApril 28, 2014
A pleasure serving with an awesome company providing services to America's war-fighters!

4.3